Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
DSCN3234 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinzap.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6323 6 years ago

crwjumper ... might be easier to build support if you put a link to the other thread in your post above.

Wait... copied it for you here!!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/group-buy-star-trek-laser-cut-stainless-speaker-panel#post-4063650

2 months later
#6445 6 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Well, that’s not going to cut it!!
Started though!

Did you try rotating so the paper is diagonal? Not familiar with the EL paper, but can you cut it anywhere and still work?

3 months later
#6689 5 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Wow... I just just about to give up on my Stern_Star Trek products... I guess I'll have to see if the Vault editions re-ignite the demand for these products.

I thought of you almost immediately last night after seeing the announcement. Hold on for another year at least it would seem, as I will for sure be needing them... either on a new VE, or on a gently used premium.

2 weeks later
#6863 5 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Also, if a person is sure they only want a standard red, green or blue color...they can do some creative things with the RGB controller or it's connections to make the single color of your choosing (red, green or blue) to be able to flash / fade / strobe that single color. Yet another thing you can't do with the single color light kits.

Doug, I have your kits on a couple of my pins and wouldn’t buy anything else. I also like single color from time to time, but wasn’t aware of how to strobe or fade... can you give details as to how to pull this setting off?

#6867 5 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

More
You can do it a couple of different ways....some being more easily reversible then others. What you are trying to do is to limit the colors that the RGB controller can send to the light strips.
So let's say you just want RED to fade on and off. There is no way to set the RGB controllers I use to just flash / fade a single color....BUT if you take away the green and blue signal....the RGB controller only has red left to display. So instead of the FADE3 going from red, green, blue, repeat....it will simply fade red on and off. I have done this on my Spider-Man and have it set to FADE7 and adjusted the speed so it has a nice red pulsing effect.
This can easily be done with any of the 3 primary colors (red, green or blue) and can be done in a much more limited way if mixing 2 of those colors. If you want to use yellow, cyan or magenta...you can cut off 1 of the 3 colors...keeping the other 2 colors to mix, but the only added effect you can get with those 3 colors is if you are using white and the only white only effect is the FLASH effect (though you can still adjust the flashing speed and the brightness with that effect).
The way I have always done this limiting of colors is to cut the pins off that connect the light frame connection cables to the RGB controller. Cut off the pins you don't want the color of and leave the color you do want. Many people don't realize it but those pins are USUALLY not connected to the connection cable or the RGB controller...they are standalone pin sets that are just inserted between the connection to hold the wires together. They are cheap and readily available on ebay if you would like to experiment.
ebay.com link » 4 Pin Black Connector For Rgb Smd 3528 5050 Led Strip Light Coppered
If you are ordering a light kit from me and would like some extras to use...please let me know at [email protected] RIGHT AFTER you place your Speaker Light Kit order and I would be happy to add some extra pin sets in with the RGB controller.
You can also cut the connection cable wires before they connect to the LED light strip or even pop open the RGB controller and snip the unwanted wires from where they connect to the controller PCB. Though keep in mind in either or these wire snipping cases....don't count on the color of the wires insulation to be the color of the signal that wire is sending. You will probably want to use a multimeter to test that. This is much harder to reverse if you later decide to go back to full RGB.
These same techniques can be used to make one light frame one color while the other light frame is another color. EXAMPLE: kill the blue and green signal on the right side and the red and green signal on the left and you will always have red lit on the right and blue lit on the left. This will be the case no matter what lighting effect or transition you have selected with the remote. In a case where red is used or a color that uses red to be made is used the right side will light up red. The same will be the case for blue on the left side. If you want both sides lit up at the same time, you would select white as white uses all 3 colors to make itself.
Sorry if this sounds complicated (which is part of the reason I don't advertise these single color effects). I have attached a picture showing how the pins can be snipped to make the different colors with my Speaker Light Kits and RGB controllers. The pin snipping is generally the method I use as it can easily be reversed and changed just by swapping another pin set in.
When doing any of this snipping or pin swapping be sure to have the RGB controller unplugged or the game turned off.
Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

Great info!!! I think this will work nicely for red on my LOTR (will post update in that club thread if/when I can pull it off).

#6877 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Why is the Star Trek on a Star Wars.

6FABEB28-4B62-4AA8-95DF-F54A782942C8.jpeg6FABEB28-4B62-4AA8-95DF-F54A782942C8.jpeg
3 weeks later
#6950 5 years ago

I haven’t joined the club yet, but soon hopefully. But I’m afraid my wallet will be even thinner after checking out all of Zitts mods. Uffdah.

#6951 5 years ago

Are there any differences in the VE models with respect to art, callouts, or anything else? Would love to get my hands on an LE version, but think I may have to settle and go for a vault premium... just want to make sure I’m not missing something. Is it an exact copy of the existing premiums?

5 months later
#7128 5 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

welcome to the club.
a blue vengeance mod is a nice addition to this game, pm me if interested, new batch coming up.

link to video of this mod anywhere?

1 week later
#7152 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm cleaning out the garage, if anyone was looking for my now out of print translite/decal package you might want to PM me.

Quoted from Aurich:

And they found me, just waiting for payment, but last one claimed. Thanks everybody
Edit: n/m he just paid, officially all gone!

Quoted from Aurich:

Edit: This has been sold, thanks!
Doing some garage cleaning, got a Star Trek package, last one, if anyone wants it PM me. Translite, full decal set with speaker panel and all the other decals, instruction cards. All pictured (there's a removable protective sheet over the translite, why I can tape things to it).
First come first served.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

You are not very good at cleaning your garage. Either that or you are really good at marketing/sales. I supposedly bought the last one from your garage 11 months ago.

1 week later
#7159 5 years ago

You might find 1 or 2 collectors who are huge ST fans and willing to shell out that cash. But honestly, I think this may be a one-off that you end up producing for yourself. In the end, if you were ever to get near that price you would have to build it, demo it, show tons of pics and videos and build the hype train so people tell themselves they just HAVE to have it. Then you drop the $900 price tag on them. Too late for that strategy, but GLWTS.

1 week later
#7177 5 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Homemade super thin double sided tape?
Get some clear spray adhesive. Lightly spray a piece of wax/Baking paper that has been cut into the sizes you need. Let it dry in a mostly closed plastic box or something to keep it dust free.
Stick to the back of decals. Remove wax paper. Reapply decals.
I did this to some clear cooling tower decals on a HUO simpsons I recently acquired.

Cool trick... never heard of this being done. But forgive the stupid question... why not just spray the adhesive directly on the back of the decals and apply (either immediately or later if you want some dry time). Is it because it's too sticky? Must be a reason I'm missing.

#7179 5 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Unless you can fully remove that art blade spray adhesive overspray goes everywhere inside your machine. This keeps it to specific areas you can control.
You can see how much overspray is generated by trying it inside a large box. Spray how much you would have on a piece of paper. Let it sit for a day. Touch the insides of the box where you didn’t spray and see how it’s everywhere

Ahhh... makes complete sense. I had assumed you had the blades completely out, but this solution works for when just some of it is coming off. My WCS art blades are almost completely off. I haven’t tried it yet, but pretty sure I can peel the last 1/3rd off and just spray the whole thing.

4 months later
#7597 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

My ball trough wasn’t working so took a look and voila ! Now to figure out how to stop it from happening again looks like front right flasher

See posts 6884-6889 and post 6987.

1 week later
#7640 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Damn Zach zmeny is awesome. Ordered my ST Pro Final Voyage Vault late yesterday, and just got the call from the delivery company. Pin comes Monday!

I heard shipping speeds have increased since Zach ZMeny has been personally showing up at the warehouse and practicing his pallet jack skills!!
52516693-2F96-489C-99E9-CAAD8A0D80F7.gif52516693-2F96-489C-99E9-CAAD8A0D80F7.gif

2 years later
#9771 2 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

I have a stainless steel speaker panel in stock at the moment
The last one

I don’t mind the constant ads for your product as much as I mind that you sell “the last one” about every 2 months. I did a search and the first “last one” that you sold was 4 yrs ago. At least do us the favor of saying that it’s the last one until you do the next run. /rant.off

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 63.95
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
New Brighton, PA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 15.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 11.00
Playfield - Decals
RGP Models

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinzap.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only?tu=Pinzap and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.