Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
DSCN3234 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Meegis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4223 8 years ago

Any other Prem/LE owners who have not had a chance to get the blackout mod? The list needs to hit 15 sold for them to be made, and it is sitting at 8.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-le-laser-blackout-mod

Check it out if you have not read about it (though Im sure most have)

1 month later
#4418 8 years ago

I have an LE and have the pop caps waiting on install....

Debating if I try to do it before the holidays or not.

1 week later
#4501 8 years ago

Got me a new toy.... Gonna be mounting it somewhere. Havent decided yet though.

Suggestions?

11111.jpg11111.jpg

3 weeks later
#4623 8 years ago

I have super bands in all my games.

Mostly for aesthetic reasons. I don't mind the difference in game play tbh.

1 week later
#4668 8 years ago

Put on zitts pop caps, tested on/off, all worked.

Decided, since im here, why not have a game.

Ball got stuck.

oops.

screwed_(resized).jpegscrewed_(resized).jpeg

#4673 8 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Lmao
Did you post on where my ball got stuck thread?

I did not

Quoted from hawkmoon:

Wow,i thought i was the only one did that kinda s..t!!Senior moment:)tooo much beer,2 many joints?? Gotta stay focused!!

I have senior moments, but Im quite young

#4726 8 years ago

My stle has factory mylar.

And apparently eats parts. Lost a nut and it is gone to oblivion.

#4739 8 years ago
Quoted from joey__p__1966:

Gang,
What are some links to inside cabinet decals ( pin-blades stickers) that are whats currently available for ST -Pro . I've been to the ST mod list thread, done some searching, found some stuff out of country on epay. Don't see much in the USA, anyone have a name or website to check out ?whats available?
I know I found some before I was ready to buy, now I cant seem to find them... should have bookmarked it
thanks,
JP

Pingraffx, buy direct

Also available through coin taker and pinball refinery

1 week later
#4784 8 years ago

Opto issues persist.

Fml

#4795 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Which optos are you having problems with?

Entrance to left ramp. Its a connector issue. Gonna try something tonight that someone recommended to me.

#4798 8 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Alpha? Not Warp?
On mine; the Optos of Alpha weren't aligned dead center of the holes of the ramp.
As a result; the LED (emitter) was hitting the side of the hole in the ramp; causing "reflections" that were interpreted by the CPU as the ball.
I used an xacto knife to "clean" and widen the Emitter hole so the beam wasn't reflecting. This fixed my issue.

Read that post when searching last week. I adjusted them, tried to center them. The beam is solid, but its under the pf when I touch the wire it wiggles the connector. I held the connector and wiggled, no issue. I held the wire and wiggled between the connector and where my fingers were, started going awry.

Im gonna try making the pins wider to create better contact and more solid grip.

2 weeks later
#4837 8 years ago

Taking warp to a whole new level

warp_(resized).jpgwarp_(resized).jpg

#4842 8 years ago

Game over time just decided to repel the right side of the head. I think the screws on the bottom never went in properly causing the wood to warp. Eventually just kept creeping up and the t mouldings came loose exposing how bad it got.

Stern sent a new panel but my god what a job to replace. Hours of tight gritty work.

#4848 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Damn....I guess that got by QC. Glad to hear you got it fixed and Stern covered it.

Yeah, they sent me a side panel, but it was labour intensive and incomplete. I had to drill all pilot holes without any template. And the procedure took a good 4-5 hours of solid work

#4868 8 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Im pretty sure the pro has the torpedo triangles as well.

It does

#4874 8 years ago

Update on my left ramp entry opto. The connector head came off as it was never crimped from the factory. So, repinned and crimped connector.

Opto officially dead, or broken wire somewhere. Looks like I'll be removing my vengeance AGAIN.... Ugh

I'm a vengeance removal pro now

#4894 8 years ago

Update for St owners. This was in a stle, but I'm gonna gander it is on all models.

Having had issues with my entry opto on the left ramp I have been going crazy trying to clean, adjust repin, etc etc and to no avail.

Finally removed the assembly tonight and found out a hidden culprit that all machines may be victim to one day.

The pair of optos on the ramp have both wires very tightly zip tied together in the ramp (out of sight). My initial problem with the opto was vibration, bit having tried to fix it so many times the wire became more taught and the zip tie only became a mystery and invisible hinderance.

I removed the vengeance ship and found the zip tie only once I couldn't pull the opto wire out without pulling on the opposite side.

If you get lucky, you can sneak mini snips in from under the pf and carefully chop the zip off the wires. This allowed me to remove the "faulty" opto.

I decided to test it else where and see if it was salvagable for parts and maybe it was a wire short or something. But now removed and no longer being pinched and pulled down, it worked fine.

So I reinstalled it, leaving the wire loose and using a different drop hole this time, it seems to be completely fine and functional again.

I reassembled everything and so far it seems my issue is totally gone. I'm thinking the tension and added pressure may have cause the opto to physically be moved and angled enough that the sensor was tripping non stop.

Just food for thought for any of you guys experiencing similar problems.

Wall of text over.

1 week later
#4957 8 years ago

Time to go back, delete some posts, and claim the 100 spot.

#4960 8 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Only if Pinside would let us delete posts haha

Should be too hard. Just get friendly with a mod

111111111_(resized).jpg111111111_(resized).jpg

#4962 8 years ago

Interesting....

Go on

1111_(resized).png1111_(resized).png

1 week later
#5003 8 years ago

The color is just showing off, no extra point. The inlanes do light the kickback. Both virtual and physical.

4 weeks later
#5066 8 years ago
Quoted from Bobby:

I have a ST LE that has developed an issue. Upon start up of each ball, 2 balls are being kicked out 80-90% of the time. It loads one and then a second later loads a 2nd. I have insured the switch in the launch lane is being engaged (it knows a ball is there). I have checked diagnostics for ball trough - it shows 4 balls in the trough, then when 1 loads it shows 3 in trough and 1 in lane. Even with this, it still kicks out 2 balls most of the time.
While HUO, I am not the original owner and acquired this a few weeks ago. I made only minor changes on settings. Should I try a factory reset or look for an opto problem or ????
Thanks!
Bob

An easy way to troubleshoot this issue is to swap the board for the trough on your Mustang with the one in your Star Trek. This will immediately let you know if it is a board issue than you need to reflow solder or if it is something else.

It is also possible that you have a simple opto issue in the trough, and you just don't realize it because in test mode it seems to be working properly.

#5070 8 years ago
Quoted from Bobby:

FIXED - My ST LE Trough issue (kicking out 2 balls each time a new ball is launched) was checked. I did find the trough opto board connections to be a little loose....but the root cause was a playfield screw that got lodged in the ball trough near the ball kick up coil. Not sure where it came from yet (I am not the first owner) but potential even there from factory but doubt it.
Thanks for all of the input, much appreciated!!
Bob

Surprisingly this happened to me ages ago on a different stern. The screw may be from the playfield hangers that grab below the lock bar.

4 weeks later
#5122 7 years ago

Officially out of the club

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.95
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gilbert, AZ
$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Meegis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only?tu=Meegis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.