PXL_20240127_043801582.MP (resized).jpg
Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kronnix.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2935 9 years ago

Got my Star Trek Pro yesterday. Yay! I'm really enjoying it so far but I have some basic concerns which I was hoping to get some general feedback on.
Like a lot of people it seems, my left flipper buzzes. I didn't even notice it until I turned the volume down below 30. I understand that it's "normal" but when the rest of the flippers don't do it, it sure doesn't feel normal.
Several of my LEDs were off when I booted for the first time. I had to wiggle them (not re-seat them) to get them to turn on. One of these is the right rollover under the beta ramp which I have been unable to get to and will need to remove the ramp most likely to fix. This is frustrating but manageable.
Lastly, my warp ramp is NOT what I would consider as working as designed. At least 50% of the time (not exaggerating) the ball comes around and bounces wildly into the shooter lane! This means I only ever get 1 or 2 consecutive warp ramp shots off before it resets in the shooter lane. I read Richie's suggested fix for this, but this was MUCH more of a headache than I had imagined it to be from his description. The screw which he refers to is difficult to access, and on my machine was already set to put the ramp as far to the left as it would go. Do I need to move this more to the right to prevent this? He mentions some kind of beta ramp attachment for this, but I'm not seeing that either.

I installed 1.61 right out of the box before I even played (I wondered if the fact it came with 1.0 was a sign that it was an early run?). The code seems solid, but just somehow unsatisfying to me. At least in tier 1 of the missions I don't see any reason to pick 1 over another. They all consist of a set of ramp shots. Is there a strategy to taking 1 mode over another?
Also, starting modes seems unusually difficult due to the placement of the mission starts. I can generally hit them, but my poor kids just have to drain to start new modes. I wish they gave more creative and unique ways of starting modes. Don't get me started on air balls. I hope my poor glass survives and have already reduced the slings down to 20.

The flow is great and classic SR and the light show is better than anything I've seen in any other pin!. The music seems good, but I may try the soundtrack hack at some point. Too early to review just yet. Any comments and suggestions would be appreciated .

#2941 9 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Kronnix
I have the same led issue with some of the inserts. Not sure what to say. I had to get under the playfield and adjust the wires to get one to light just the other day. I also have a slight flipper buzz but I don't hear it with a normal volume setting. From what others say, it is normal so I am not worried about it.
I don't think the warp ramp is hard to adjust with a long screwdriver - at least on my pro. On mine, I believe it is adjusted all the way to the right. The ball should feed right to the upper flipper. I can get 4-5 consecutive warp shots no problem. Sometimes the ball gets bouncing around when it's going fast and has a wicked spin.
Hitting the mission start is difficult. I find it easier hitting the left lock shot by controlling the ball and hitting it off the end of the flipper. After a lot of plays, it does get easier. I think you will also appreciate more of the gameplay features with more practice. On the surface, modes appear repititive but there are different patterns and different scoring strategies to explore. Once you get better at the away team shot, that kind change up the level1 modes as well.
I enjoyed the game from day1. However, with the update and a better understanding of the details of the rules, I find if much more satisfying to play today. There are so many scoring opportunities and different ways to play.

Thanks for the input. I will try moving it to the right instead and see if this corrects the issue. The problem I had adjusting it last night was that the ramp came free from between the 2 washers. It took some extra finagling with a 2nd flat screw driver to finally get it back in place .

Thanks to everyone for the added advice!

IMG_1023.JPGIMG_1023.JPG IMG_1026.JPGIMG_1026.JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 63.95
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 11.00
Playfield - Decals
RGP Models

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 64.99
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kronnix.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only?tu=Kronnix and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.