Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
DSCN3234 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jediturtle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#975 10 years ago
Quoted from scottrogers:

Perhaps this has been mentioned earlier, but I just saw that a new collection of miniature model ships have been released. Depending on the size these might be a nice add on to the STTNG machines or others.
http://www.startrek-starships.com/usa/starships.asp

Have any of you guys seen these in person? They sure look great in the pics, but I've read some pretty bad reviews of them. If they are pretty nice though, they would be very fun to collect.

#984 10 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

While playing ST last night, the kicker made a beta ramp for me. Never saw that before, thought it was exciting enough to share. Usually my kicker sends the ball just about to the upper flipper.

Ha! That's awesome! I love when things like that happen. My favorite is in X-Men when the Magento magnet throws the ball right back into him. I always think of it as Magneto punching himself in the face. LOL! I've also had that crazy magnet make the Storm and even Iceman ramps for me. Always fun.

#987 10 years ago
Quoted from sto:

seems like the right place for me )

024.JPG 221 KB

Pure awesome. I agree they should be in order though...or at minimum all together with Avatar off to one side.

I really hope to do this someday as well (and heck...I'd be ok if an Avatar came along for the ride too, LOL!). You should be very proud!

3 years later
#5962 6 years ago

If anyone has Aurich's translite and/or decal package available, please let me know. Thanks!

#5966 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey guys I just got a Star Trek LE setup today. What do you have to do to activate that red laser light show thingy.. with all the stars showering down? I played multiple times, can't get it to activate
Thanks

Klingon multiball

2 years later
#8532 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Anyone got a fix for the ball hanging up next to the lower pop bumper? There’s a curved headed screw that seems to be the culprit as it’s next to the bumper and rail. Anyone else had the ball hanging there?

Just back the screw out a bit. That will make the ball roll off of it instead of settling there. Common problem, easy fix.

#8536 3 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

My gosh that worked like a charm... Here's to the simplest (and in hindsight, distressingly obvious) solutions; thanks again!

It's amazing how many people do not realize they can do this and it works great. I cringe every time I play one that hasn't done this....especially in competition. Glad it worked for you!

1 week later
#8605 3 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Did you get some "Promium" armor or are you planning on just repowdercoating the existing stock product.
I ask because I recently acquired some Promium" armor from Pinball.Center for exactly these type of projects.
[quoted image]

Those would be awesome if the proportions were better between the nacelles and the saucer. They should have shrunk the whole thing a bit if they ran out of room rather than give it a teeny tiny saucer.

FYI...you can buy the real thing from Marco...but they are very expensive.

#8612 3 years ago
Quoted from sebgrinke:

One more - the right flipper started buzzing yesterday. I adjusted the level of the playfield by lifting at the back and turning the screws at the bottom of the legs until the level bubble was centered. That fixed the buzzing.
Stern should really add all this to the manuals.

That fix had to be coincidence. Flipper buzz is pretty common, especially on Sterns, and can usually be minimized by tightening the coil stops. Leveling the machine wouldn't have anything to do with it. It's a very sporadic, hit-or-miss quirk in these machines, so if it changed when changing the slope, it was just luck.

Also...don't trust the bubble. They are rarely, if ever, correct. Use an actual angle finder or digital level directly on the playfield if you want to make sure it's set up correctly. Some care about the 6.5-7 deg recommendation as designed...some adjust to taste and go by how it plays.

3 weeks later
#8679 3 years ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

So I had the last mode of the first missions round active while playing Klingon multiball today. As the mission ended with Klingon still active, the Vengeance lights illuminated to start Kobiyashi Maru. Soon after, the flippers died and I figured the game was forcing me out of multiball to begin Kobiyashi. However, after both balls drained, the game ended with my ball 3 bonus and match animation. Now when I start a game, the ball eject fires twice and two balls are put into play. I have removed the balls, unplugged the machine, etc, but the error still occurs.
Is this the type of thing that a software reload can fix?

Sounds like a trough switch/opto problem. Try reseating any connectors going to them and make sure your solder joints are ok and the optos themselves are clean and aligned.

1 month later
#8870 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m not sure about the price but I sold SM with color DMD for $5300 this should be in that range maybe a bit higher or lower.
I’m guessing anywhere from $4900 to $5300
I think any higher price would get people looking at ST premium.

I'm thinking about the same. Maybe up to $5500 having both the Color DMD and Aurich package which is now tough to find and pretty desirable. I think closer to $5k would be a pretty quick sale, $5.5k might sit awhile waiting for the right buyer, but not crazy.

3 weeks later
#8923 3 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Ok guys ... My optos are going nuts again.
The coils won't test.
But the optos are just flipping out. All of them. Thought I had it fixed but tonight they went bonkers again. It won't even start now and when I test the switches all the optos will go nuts.
But the main one is the center target. It won't even respond. The others ones click on and off with the slightest vibration. The center one isn't registering again.
I can't have a game that is like this. And I just got it a couple weeks ago.
What is a good, solid, going to last, solution?

First thing you need to do is make sure you didn't create a short somewhere with the mods you added. I would start by disconnecting anything not stock. Check the optos and opto boards out closely for shorts, bad solder joints, loose connectors, etc. Then trace the opto board connections up to the main boards and make sure nothing looks fishy there. For the ones that are activating with slight vibration, make sure that the optos themselves are tight and not flopping around, and there is nothing near them that could be moving into their path. If the center one isn't responding at all, and the connections/solder, etc are good, you may have to replace that one. Thankfully they are cheap and easy to replace. There's an off hand chance one bad one could be making the others act funky. Optos can be strange. I had one go bad that would activate when I touched a nearby ramp with my finger. Crazy stuff.

For "coils won't test", are you remembering to pull out your interlock switch? Coils will not fire with the coin door open unless the switch is pulled.

Good luck!

2 months later
#9195 3 years ago
Quoted from smersh:

Hi folks. I just made may way here to the club. I picked up a star trek pro monday and played great until. Lol. It had the original code in it so I updated it last night to the new code on sterns website. Everything went good in installing code. But now i have weird behavior, the game keeps saying warp 5, warp 7 and more warps kinda like a cd skipping. Goes into double scoring and a few other crazy stuff. Im not sure if it's a bad switch that just showed up the same time as i installed code or shortly after or is this the code doing it? I did play a game or two right after install and played with no issues but no long game. I don't know star trek enough so I am reaching out for a solution. Thank you.

Definitely not a code thing, so just unfortunate timing. It sounds like you have a flaky opto on your warp ramp. Clean them, make sure their connection is solid, and check that the mounting is not loose. If no change, check solder joints on optos and the opto board. Worst case they might need to be replaced, but if so they are cheap and easy.

#9200 3 years ago
Quoted from smersh:

So I had a J1 connector on the Warp ramp opto board loose and intermitting. I fixed that! I also had a broken diode on the spinner micro switch so fixed that. Turned on pressed start and nothing....after a moment it started game and started going right up the warps,, skipping sounds, double scoring, extra ball, heck I think it even paid my mortgage. All that with the ball in the shooter lane. I put in test mode and went to switch test and 4 optos where blowing up the test oscillating very fast, rapidly. None of the 3 other opto boards and there four opto would register. So I shut pin off reseted every opto connector to their boards. Seems to work and play correctly now. A little nervous. lol. I did read in a forum post from a few years back that the new code made the optos more sensitive and unplugging and plugging back in was recommended.

Yikes...craziness. Glad you found the original gremlins. I'm pretty sure if mine was paying the mortgage I would just leave it be, LOL!

I wonder if maybe you could have plugged a connector in wrong (one pin off?) or created a short somewhere that caused the wackiness. Then when you reseated them again it corrected it? If it happens again, I would check everything over very closely for an intermittent short. It can be really easy to get a drip of solder or a stray bit of wire somewhere.

#9237 3 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Get the Stern approved shaker from Pinball Life. They are perfect.

Yeah...the Pinball Life (or stock Stern shakers, though more $) are the way to go. Both Cointaker versions are awful. The Red Tremor is the most ridiculous thing ever. I like a strong shaker, but you are just asking for something to break using these, and they are a loud, unpleasant experience. Even their standard shaker runs at a faster RPM and just feels weird. With how cheap the PBL version is, there is really no reason to use anything different. They feel basically the same as the stock shaker. They work with the machine, rather than feel like they are trying to destroy the machine, LOL.

#9240 3 years ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

Question i have a shaker in my GOTG Pro would it work in my Star Trek Pro?

In general, no. Spike and SAM systems require different shaker circuitry. It probably can be done if you really know what you are doing to convert, but I remember asking Terry at Pinball Life about that awhile back, and he said no.

2 weeks later
#9359 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Thanks. I didn't remember this being normal. Haven't played it for a while.

Yeah it should definitely be able to make the pops. In fact if you hold down the left flipper button when you launch, it should easily come all the way around for your super skill shot. Besides making sure the forks are centered, also make sure the mech mounting screws didn't loosen up, and check the coil sleeve and coil stop.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 64.99
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 11.00
Playfield - Decals
RGP Models

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jediturtle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only?tu=Jediturtle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.