PXL_20240127_043801582.MP (resized).jpg
Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jean-Luc-Picard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

395 posts in this topic match your search for posts by Jean-Luc-Picard. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

StarTrek.gifStarTrek.gif

Hello Trekkie's and Star Trek Pinball Collectors.
That's right! A club for all 6 (Star Trek Pinball)!

You need to own at least "one" of the following to be in the club:
------------------------------------------------------------
Star Trek: The Next Generation: Williams, 1993
Star Trek: Data East, 1991
Star Trek: Bally, 1978
Star Trek: Gottlieb, 1971
Star Trek: Stern 2013
STAR TREK: THE MIRROR UNIVERSE

Make It So,
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

#13 10 years ago

I see the Trekkie's are beaming in! This is Geeky and Nerdy and that's why its amazing!

So, I own ST:TNG which is autographed by the entire crew as well Steve Ritchie. I currently have my heart set on Star Trek: Data East, 1991 and the new one by Stern.

Anyone know when the new Star Trek pin may be released? Doubt that has leaked yet.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from Goonie:

All three Trek pins here, with one more on the way...

That's Amazing! Would love to hear your thoughts on Star Trek: Data East, 1991. How it is to work on, finding parts and so on. The closest I am to that machine is my LED backlight Playfield Wall Art. As well played it at CAX and loved it.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from southbound:

Star Trek is what got me into this hobby.

Same with me! My first pin was ST:TNG. As well my first pin to get Grand Champion on Factory. Getting it Autographed was great. Talked to Patrick Stewart for a bit, he still plays his and really loves it. Marina Sirtis has hers in her basement and her kids play it all the time. Too much as she stated. Brent offered to sell me his for 10K, new in box. I honestly almost took a loan on the spot. But I am happy with my less amazing version. I believe Michael sold his to a lawyer lol and he had another one up for prize on his failed Kickstarter. Jonathan Frakes was really grumpy as he just got in from heavy traffic so we did not get into talking about Pinball. Last but not least, John de Lancie was very sad that he did not get one lol. But he was familiar with Q's Challenge.

Quoted from southbound:

Data East ST25th

LED's look amazing in this. The one I played was not updated. I am a LED generation, I like to be bright and eco-friendly lol. Man I really want this pin. They are going for $3.5K on ebay. But EVERYTHING on ebay is priced wrong. I wonder if I would be able to find one for around $2k?

How do you like the Color DMD, I am waiting for them to be in stock. But I am not sure if $400+ is worth it. Do you feel its worth the Dilithium Crystals you forked out for it?

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm on the pre-order hype train for Ritchie's Star Trek. Does that count?

They have a pre-order!!! yeah that counts any word on when it will be released and how much? Can you provide any information for all of us?

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

and flipper bats.

Great Scott! Where can I find them flippers?

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

I have all 3 Star Trek pins
Bally Star Trek
Data East ST25th
Williams STTNG
And I am suppose to be on the Stern Star Trek LE preorder list.
I also have 3 working SEGA Star Trek SOS vector games.
One is the Captains chair
One dedicated upright
One conversion in an Asteroids cabinet with Vector Labs multi game with all the correct sound cards.

Great Collection!!!!! Welcome Aboard

Quoted from Rabscuttle:

We just got STTNG, lovez me some Trek. Just started watching DS9 with the kids, and they're into it. SO very on board the hype train.

DS9 was so under-rated. I really loved it. It took some time for the cast to understand their role/characters but once they did it got soo much better. I had a shot at a bar next to Odo (René Auberjonois) once haha.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

You can contact Brock and see if he will make you a set. I believe they are a "one of" for himself when he owned my STTNG a few years ago.

I was also thinking of making flipper decals for all 3 of my machines. Think it will not only be easy, but awesome.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

Some more pics of my flipper bats up close. You can also check this site here as they have flipper bat add ons

Thanks for sharing. Do you notice if it slows your flippers down a little? I would imagine any extra weight to the flippers would be an issue.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Okay now I will get my ass out of your club.

You can stay I just edited the rules to be a member. "PRE-ORDER" for the new stern qualifies. haha

Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

You need to own at least "one" of the following to be in the club:
------------------------------------------------------------
Star Trek: The Next Generation: Williams, 1993
Star Trek: Data East, 1991
Star Trek: Bally, 1978
Star Trek: Gottlieb, 1971

PRE-ORDER: Star Trek: Stern, 20??

#40 10 years ago

Sweet I'm in like Flynn!

I sure hope the latest rumors are wrong. Would be a huge disappointment for myself and I assume some others if they did not incorporate the LCD on this title. It would be perfect if they did a timeless theme with SR at the helm. Hard to imagine a better opportunity to debut their new operating system and LCD. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Just imagine the JJ Lense Flare!!! It would be amazing on the LCD Backglass.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from Rabscuttle:

Agreed, DS9 had some amazing chemistry and relationships between the characters. Odo and Quark for one. And my favorite Cardassian ever, Garek. TNG will always rule, but DS9 is my second favorite easily.

Those writers went on to do Battlestar Galactica if I'm not mistaken...

Wonder what DS9 pinball would be like if it was ever made. Be funny to have a big quark head on the playfield that has a magnet that trys to steal your balls and sells them on the black market and you have to hit targets to collect currency to buy your balls back lol

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from chinosts:

Hey there all... I've just signed up to this site and found this thread.. I just bought a STTNG and am loving it.. Its always been my favorite machine and am glad I have finally secured one.. I was just wondering if anyone has any good advice on LED mods for this machine.. The guy I bought it off had replaced some of the lights under the playfield with LEDs but I am keen to replace most if not all of the lights.
What is the best option for this machine? I definitely fancy putting some color-cycling / flashing LEDs in there. I also would love to put some more color in there somewhere.. Purple / blue seems to look good on the outlanes but I would love to hear someone's expert opinion..
Cheers!

Congrats to owning such a killer machine! In regards to your question. You can start with cointaker.com and then add any lights that you want. I like Blue or Purple in many areas, its all up to you. As well you have different options to pick from when it comes to LED kits. - http://shop.cointaker.com/category.sc?categoryId=40

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Getting to Final Frontier on STTNG is soooooo satisfying!!!!

It is!!! so fun! My mission is to get Grand Champion once again. I am adding Outtake Rom set so it will wipe all my High Scores.

#51 10 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

All of the above? Do I get elected Admiral of the club?

It would be nice if pinside would let us give ranks lol. But, if I could you certainly would qualify

#56 10 years ago

I want to thank everyone for joining the Star Trek Pinball Club. Tonight I made some flipper decals for all of you. I made decals for Star Trek, T2 and TSPP. I have included a 600dpi source for whoever wants to spice up the flippers a little.

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Buy some Inkjet-Gloss Sticker paper.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VKV2H4/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00

2. Download this file http://www.drathvader.com/PinballFlipperDecals.zip

3. Print the file.

4. Notice one flipper is for left and one is for right. You want the texture to be balanced.

5. Dont bother with an exacto knife. A large sharp scissors works the best. Use one pass, not small chops.

6. Clean the flipper with rubbing alcohol first.

7. Apply sticker (I use a low residue sticker, so when you want to remove it no cleanup is needed)

8. Take a picture if you decided to use one and post it here

print.jpgprint.jpg TNG_Flippers.jpgTNG_Flippers.jpg T2_flippers.jpgT2_flippers.jpg TSPP_Flippers.jpgTSPP_Flippers.jpg

#65 10 years ago

Free you just need Glossy Inkjet Sticker Paper. Print, cut and stick. Was just little something I quickly made for everyone in the club. I use a low residue sticker paper so these just peal off clean when you want something different. The Star Trek sticker is bsed off the NCC-1701-D engines.

#66 10 years ago

---Some Star Trek Related Stuff--- But not pinball related, I just think its funny. "Spacebook"? I am not even really sure what this is. Its a game or a social network or both?

(Redshirt) is a sci-fi take on social networking. How would Star Trek have played out if everyone on the Starship Enterprise had access to a Facebook-like social media system?

"Redshirt is due to launch "soon" for PC, Mac and Linux, with an iPad version following shortly after. Pre-orders will be available in the coming weeks, which will also grant beta access."

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/196455/Redshirt_or_If_The_Starship_Enterprise_had_Facebook.php

redshirt.jpgredshirt.jpg

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Reporting for duty. I'll post pics of my STTNG later. Best table ever created, IMO. I'm hoping the new one is even better.

Welcome Aboard

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

Still boarding?

Then i am in

Plenty of time, we are boarding at Star Date 46379.1

#73 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Those look like some MINT playfields you have there.

Thanks they are in pretty good shape, clean no wood exposed. Hope they stay that way...

Quoted from statsdoc:

Man, I have never been called a Trekkie before ... my wife enjoys the old show more than me. However, after playing lots of different pins, STTNG is my favorite (and the one and only in my collection right now). I'm also on the STLE train ... er, spaceship ... so count me all in on this group.

When I add Hobbit LE later, does make me a total nerd?

Once you go Trek you don't go back.lol It's an honor to be a Nerd. Because Nerds rule the world.

#78 10 years ago

Captain Jean-Luc-Picard, ensign QuarterGrabber reporting for duty.
I just joined the club officially today. I decided to buy a STTNG that was a bit beat up then restore it. Hey yo!

Congrats Ensign! A fine ensign you are. The Federation is proud to have you. The best way to appreciate MINT, is to make it MINT. All of us in the club salute you Treat this fixer-upper just like your mom Wesley Crusher.

SheLuvsya.jpgSheLuvsya.jpg

#79 10 years ago
Quoted from charliex:

Hey all. I have a STTNG . Led'd out. Speakers and sub, and color DMD. Love it.

No one has uploaded any videos of the COLOR DMD, as well the Speaker/sub. I bet all of us would love to see it. "Video?"

#80 10 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Actually; SamVA probably should be Admiral... I don't recall if he has the ST:Voyager arcade like I do... if so he's defiantly a little more hardcore than my collection. We'll have to revisit once my Star Trek: Mirror Universe project
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-mirror-universe-pinball
is done.

You both are more hardcore than most of us So you get the Epic award haha.

I had a long conversation with Robert Picardo, or AKA "JOE" the Holographic Doctor. We talked about Pinball for a bit. And he claimed that Voyager made a pinball machine that you actually walk inside. Not for sale. But so rare, it was rare to even his own eyes. I failed to ask him if this was his own eye, or his Holographic eye.

I will ask him next month about it, if anyone has any questions about TNG pinball let me know. Or Better yet, a question to ask William Shatner about the new Stern Pinball based on him?

#82 10 years ago

AND!!! To make a 4th POST by a OP... "oops at 3am"

Hope I can shed some LED-Lite on what I am about to say. ""Sometimes on weekends"" I am a bit drunk when I post. But I only get "GC's" with at least a 12p of beer! Don't we all?

The point of this post is. As of 15 min's ago. I now own...

>>> jean-luc-picard.com <<<

Very excited to use that domain when I send files to clients!

Baldsofsteeeeel.gifBaldsofsteeeeel.gif

#83 10 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

I have a STTNG with a color DMD which has been temporarily taken out and is currently in my TZ in HD white

Can you tell others how a Color DMD can be replaced and moved into other machines. I think many of us would benefit from this. (Most of us are waiting for CDMD)

#85 10 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

It's easy. Just swap them over.

If I can do it, anyone can.

So Any color DMD can move to any machine? Dont we need custom Display Roms to run it? I would assume the color values are based on code and will not work without the Display Rom for that machine.

#86 10 years ago

Are you saying a Color DMD can be converted to any DMD Display Rom? Just Starting a conversation. And I apologies If I have misunderstood the post

#88 10 years ago

So in a nut shell... Buy one "COLOR DMD" that was made for the recent line. " Star trek, Scared Stiff and so on... Any of the "Color DMD" is (interchangeable via the list of compatible pins?)

#90 10 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Yes. Any color DMD (even the older ones - after an update.) can be used on any supported game in full color by downloading the free firmware update on the website.

The color DMD can also be used in any B/W games in single color in either dots, HD or Scan Lines.

They are also bringing in a sigma display for Stern games in single color in the next few months.

I imagine this data is by far more amazing than data's emotion chip "in some sense". What you are saying is we don't have to wait Months, Months and more Months for our TNG 'COLOR DMD' to come back in stock. We can buy whatever is out now? I am sure by tomorrow others will have questions. To see ST:TNG in full Color DMD. As well to be able to fork out $400 USD in a DMD that can be interchangeable via the listed supported machines such as " STTNG, WW,AF,SS, MM and AFM.. via. Colordmd.???

That said, Thank you for your info I shall sleep now....

#104 10 years ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

NIB Star Trek Voyager Kit

Ohhh My Jeri Ryan! Cant wait to see her in Vegas in August
Seven-of-NIne-star-trek-voyager-309889.pngSeven-of-NIne-star-trek-voyager-309889.png
I am soo hung over!!! And I just got back from an eye appointment. Talk about funny. First time they ever saw someone with their eyes already dilated Somehow I managed to get to the post office to pick up this bad boy After I clean it up and remove the sides it will be LED Wall Art

"Ewok" My cat photo-bombed this photo. He doesn't normally look this scary.
stpf.jpgstpf.jpg

#109 10 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Would like to come aboard.
What is an outtake rom?
And, robknapp had a nice led pic in this thread: STTNG what is the best looking complete LED conversion kit?

I just Ordered these. TNG has "8 chips" it is the ROM that they gave all the cast members. It has outtakes as well different voices for game play. But mainly, every time you hit the flippers in idle you get a different outtake audio.

#110 10 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

And, robknapp had a nice led pic in this thread: STTNG what is the best looking complete LED conversion kit?

Btw, I believe Cointaker is having a sale right now. Free non-Ghosting Super Bright LED kit (Upgrade)

#112 10 years ago
Quoted from chinosts:

Whick LED socket type should I be getting when ordering LEDS for my STTNG? 44/47 or 555?

I dont really understand the difference right now...

Cheers!

As I mentioned before. If this is your first time adding LED's you should consider getting the "Kit" from coin taker. Not only will you save money it will be less frustrating. You will have a range of Different lights. Push-N-Twist and Push. Just get the kit Which I think may still be on sale with Free upgrade to Non-Ghosting LED's when you buy the kit.

#129 10 years ago

I say, if you are going to Pimp it! Pimp it good

1. Target Decals
2. Chrome dipped Cannons. (May put the domes back on rather than the flat ones, not sure yet)
3. New Ships (People try to sell these for over $100, but you can find them on ebay for like 5-6 bucks each, they are just really nice/detailed Ornaments) Requires some modding/cutting skills. But pretty simple stuff.

* eek time to clean them posts, looking a bit dirty.
st1.jpgst1.jpg
st2.jpgst2.jpg
st3.jpgst3.jpg
* The Neutral Zone Hole looks funky because it still has the plastic on the metal lol
st4.jpgst4.jpg
st5.jpgst5.jpg

#131 10 years ago

I see a lot of people putting it around this area. Few posts to attach it to. I ended up just keeping mine on my xmas tree. Got a bit busy.

BTW, I think you did a great job. You saved some money and ended up with a nice machine. Congrats

spot.jpgspot.jpg

#133 10 years ago

If I put it there then it blocks either the lane or the ramp. Anywhere else to put it?

Yeah its a hard one. Pretty much anywhere you put it, it will block something. That's why I had to make the hard decision of keeping it plugged into my xmas tree and not my pin. If you feel you really need a NCC 1701-D Maybe this would be a better alternative? Just buy a model and hang it above the pin from the ceiling. lolololol

NCC.jpgNCC.jpg

#135 10 years ago
Quoted from chinosts:

Feeling like a noob.. Probably because I am one...

I will always be a noob because I will always be learning. No question is a bad question. Everyone of us are happy to help if we can. The best part about this hobby are the people, because all we want is to have fun.

#138 10 years ago

The cool part is, she is still acting. She still looks hot as F**K.

#142 10 years ago

Oh wow! Them look amazing! Soo much better than the 1701-D yours have more color/detail. As well you have the original stand. Are your stands metal or wood? Hard to tell from a distance. Thanks for sharing.

This is my Franklin Mint. The stand did not work out as well as I wanted. These things are soo dang heavy.

stnpw.jpgstnpw.jpg

#147 10 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

There have been a lot of different character busts made and I have checked out some for a topper. Those you have on your machine are a good size. You happen to have any links to where you found those?

Spock in the middle is a ceramic cookie jar. I taped the back lid tight so it's secure. The other 2 are from 1993 and they are rather rare (still have the boxes) If you keep an eye out you may find another on ebay.

Some Links that may interest you for toppers, as well found the ones that I have.

1. If I owned the Star trek 25th. I would buy this in a heart beat. ebay.com link: Star Trek TALOSIAN Maquette Bust Illusive Concepts Limited Edition w COA 1171

2. ebay.com link: Unique Vinyl Star Trek Ferengi Bank Thinkaway LOOK

3. ebay.com link: Classic Star Trek Mr Spock Bust Ceramic Cookie Jar 2011 NEW UNUSED

4. ebay.com link: NEW 1994 STAR TREK THE NEXT GENERATION BORG BANK

5. ebay.com link: Star Trek Classic TV Captain Kirk Bust Ceramic Cookie Jar 2011 NEW BOXED

6. ebay.com link: Classic Star Trek Doctor McCoy Bust Ceramic Cookie Jar 2013 NEW UNUSED

7.(This spock is 8 inches) ebay.com link: STAR TREK THE ORIGINAL SERIES SPOCK BUST BANK piggy coin DIAMOND SELECT PRE SALE

#149 10 years ago
Quoted from Jags:

As promised here are a few more pics of my Star Trek Toppers. I find it interesting that looking at these star ships from the bottom up rather than at eye level gives them a sense of power and grandeur. Very happy with my find!

They look amazing, epic find

#157 10 years ago

Cool, thanks for the info guys! You guys convinced me. I'm getting them.
Now I have to figure out how the captain made his chrome? Captain I need your help. I'd like to chrome my cannons.

You can either buy them or save some money and just paint them. All you need to do is buy "Chrome" Spray paint. Its the super silver stuff. Pop out the dome and spray away. But if you just buy them the domes need to be modified, they wont fit in these. If you stick with the flat plastic orange cover, I sanded the inside of the orange plastic so you don't see the bulb. Basically made them "frosted". On ebay extra cannons are selling for about $18. you could always buy an extra set to paint so you have the originals as backup.

*Looks like I bought the last set lol. Sold out. But honestly, it wont be hard to just spraypaint them.
BUY: http://www.pinballcenter.eu/catalog/cannon-cover-chrome-star-trek-the-next-generation-p-3774.html?language=english

#159 10 years ago

Thanks. I forgot I'm getting the laser ones so I don't want to mess around with them so I guess I won't have chrome cannons.

The Laser cannons are simple to do. You just attach a laser under the hood and wire it in so it turns on when the cannon moves. Painting the cannon Chrome wont mess with anything.

#164 10 years ago

Agreed, they look way better. If your going to spruce up anything, it might as well be the main playfield toy. I'm getting mine from PBL.

Wowza, $125 USD? A lot of people just go to a hardware store and pick up a laser level. This will cast a line all the way down the playfield. Think they come in Red or Green Lasers. This would cost around $24 for the set. $12 on amazon. Granted I think it would look cool, it is kinda cheating

#166 10 years ago

I know. But I'm not handy. I wouldn't know how to wire it up and tie it to a power supply. With those all of the work is done for me.

I agree, time sure is valuable. Make sure you post a video when you get them.

#169 10 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

they look cool, and they don't really make the aiming much easier in my opinion.

Question for you laser fans. The one you buy from PBL is it a Dot Laser or a Line laser? When I say line laser I mean it will cast a long line from the cannon all the way down the playfield compared to just your typical laser pointer. Personally, if I would ever do this I would want the "line" not just a dot.

laser.jpglaser.jpg

#173 10 years ago

From the video the guy posted on this thread it looks like a dot laser. But cool either way. I like the dome red light covers better as well.

Maybe you can install a fog machine inside so you will see a solid line. j/k

Another nice touch since you are on a customization binge.

The "Start Mission" and "Command Decision" buy Multi-color RGB LED's (FAST) adds a nice touch to the playfield. The "SLOW" changing ones may be nice as well.

BUY: http://shop.cointaker.com/product.sc?productId=715&categoryId=82

lights.jpglights.jpg

#177 10 years ago

cool thanks. I was going to put colour changers in the pop bumpers. Should I go fast or slow there?

I would go slow. It would get distracting otherwise. But if you are going to get color changers for the pop bumpers then maybe you would want clear covers. Otherwise, Blue and Green will look like crap behind a Red plastic.

#180 10 years ago
Quoted from chinosts:

Hey.... I'm looking for a Neutral Zone 'Cliffy' but they seem to be sold out everywhere.. Does anyone have a spare or know where I can still get one?

Here is one. But its not the kind you want. It doesn't have the lip that protects the edge. Its kinda funny, I never removed the plastic on mine.

URL: http://www.pinballcenter.eu/catalog/star-trek-the-next-generation-neutral-zone-protector-p-3678.html?language=english

#185 10 years ago

and you are right I really want the one with the lip protection

Yeah, you really want to have adequate Lip Protection before it's too late.

protection.jpgprotection.jpg

#189 10 years ago
Quoted from chinosts:

BTW Is it difficult to change the Command Decision LEDs? Looking at the manual it appears that you have to unscrew a cap or something first....

I can't remember if I had to take off the entire board to get access to the light. If that is not the case it will twist off just like the others. Either way, should not take you long. If its a twist, will take a second. If you need to remove the board, only a few screws.

#191 10 years ago

BTW Is it difficult to change the Command Decision LEDs? Looking at the manual it appears that you have to unscrew a cap or something first....

From the looks of it. Its just a twist off. Easy Install.

light2.jpglight2.jpg

#203 10 years ago

Ohhhh I AM HAPPY I AM DONE!!!!! Just finished my LED Playfield Wall Art of Star trek 25th (Not hung yet)

1. Frosted Acrylic (Sanded) to fill all the extra holes.
2. RGB controlled LED with remote ( MANY settings ) So the thumbnail is red only because I show all the settings and colors. Different areas light up at different times as well.

Really happy how the Frosted Acrylic turned out. My cellphone did not take a very good video, I just realized I had it set at 480p not 1080p. Argg. In person it is MUCH better.

Next up. Is Scared Stiff.

#206 10 years ago

Man that is bad ass! If I get an old playfield I'm going to do that! Love the random cat moments BTW.

HAha yeah, He wants to show off his "Snoop Lion" new hair cut. Hes norm a giant fluff ball. Man, The video is nothing like in person. Wish I had an EyeBall cam.

#207 10 years ago
Quoted from E_N_3:

Exactly what I was thinking!

I do have some Free Flipper Decals I posted a few pages back. I may make a few new ones for all of you, as well for free. I am really happy with flipper Decals. I dont want to add any weight to flippers but I still want them to be Flippen Awesome.

Remember, if you buy the inkjet HD Gloss paper on Amazon or whatever. The Decals I posted simply peal off and leave no sticky-ness. Meaning, each time I release free stickers you can mix it up without any damage to your flippers.

#210 10 years ago

nerd

Nerds The Word! Welcome and Live Long And Prosper!

llp.gifllp.gif

#219 10 years ago

Man this thread has exploded. Who knew there were so many fellow trekkies like me out there.

May be the coolest thing I ever started lol

Quoted from chinosts:

Does anyone know of any good guides on model / spaceship painting out there? I was thinking of going into a few of the local hobby shops and talking to the resident modelling-person type but some instructional videos would be great to start with...I did find a few on youtube etc but was hoping someone would have a definitive guide on the best way to go about it.

What is it that you want to accomplish? I don't have any videos but I am an Illustrator and was a traditional artist before I became Digital. I be happy to help. For example, the Borg ship. I assume you are trying to mimic a Borg Metal Material. Anyhow, List out what you want to do and I will do my best to help.

Quoted from chinosts:

but what I really want to do is paint my shuttle

Another option, some people have replaced the front window with a tinted semi-transparent plastic and put a to-scale figure inside. Then added a LED (GI or Flasher) inside the shuttle. Not sure if I would do it, but sounds like an interesting idea.

#221 10 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Why wouldn't there be

Droool! Googled her photo(s) again, that woman is unbelievable.

#226 10 years ago

I need to replace the scoop under the borg ship that you shoot the ball into. Does anyone have a pic of one, know what it is called or have a link to one on a website so I can order one.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Which part are you looking for? The Quadrant ramps or the track leading into the Borg ship which loads the borg cannon? If it is the Quadrant ramps, literally 8 hours ago I saw all of them for sale on ebay. You should be able to find them at a parts store someplace. Did you ask that pinsider that is selling playfield parts? Or is he tapped out already?

borg.jpgborg.jpg

#228 10 years ago

Lol, this makes it REALLY hard to post comments while I am at work "Pun not intended"

#231 10 years ago

Hmm, not sure. May have to search around. Here is an entire Borg ship if that helps.

ebay.com link: WILLIAMS STAR TREK NEXT GEN COMPLETE BORG SHIP ASSEMBLY VERY RARE NO CRACKS

#239 10 years ago
Quoted from chinosts:

Hey I'm noticing a little problem developing with my STTNG at the start of each ball. The 'kicker' that spits the ball out so that it can be first launched into play has several attempts before successfully doing so.

What happens most of the time is that it just bounces back into the hopper to which it instantly attempts again to kick the ball out. After 3 or 4 attempts the ball drops down into the launcher and gets successfully put into play. Has anyone else had the same problem? It seems to be that it is popping the ball out with too much force which causes it to bounce back rather than just drop in...

Anyone else having this same problem? What did you do to fix it? I was thinking maybe putting something on the outer wall to absorb some of the ball energy but not sure what to use..

This has Happened to me before on my other machines, but only once or twice and never again. IF this is happening every time, that's another story. You mention it makes it out but bounces back into the hole? Is it hitting the wood or is it hitting the wireform. I don't know if TNG lets you change the power of solenoids. I think that's only newer machines. Her is my guess.

1. The shooter is loose and it is hitting the ball at a weird angle which makes the ball hit odd and bounce back.
2. Its hitting the edge of the wireform making it bounce back
3. The solenoid is on roids, and needs to be turned down. Which may not be an option, I have not looked in the settings for this on TNG. It is a setting for newer machines.

Can you take a video of this in action, it will help us. But adding a hillbilly fix-it isn't a bad temporary fix. "Absorbing the impact".

Quoted from chinosts:

The other problem it has and this has been there pretty much since it was delivered is that the back drop target blocking the ball lock doesn't always go completely down and gets stuck halfway. It makes a very audible clicking noise when it tries to drop it.. Not sure what is wrong there either...

I have had this problem, but only sometimes when I select Launch Probe. It hasn't happened enough for me to get down and dirty. Do you have a small video camera? Duct tape the camera inside the machine pointing at the solenoid/kicker and see whats happening during gameplay. Lol, may be the first attempt to ever do something like that. hahahaha. but, in all seriousness, make sure that the drop target when down isn't hung up on anything. It could be out of line and stuck on the edge which is preventing it from popping up every time.

I am no expert, just trying to help with ideas.

#245 10 years ago
Quoted from Jags:

I attended a Star Trek convention about 20+ years ago and I have a great story regarding my meeting with Mike Okuda and the shuttlepod "Onizuka" as was seen in TNG. I suggested that a model of the shuttlepod "Onizuka" be made and donated to the Onizuka Space Center here in Kona, Hawaii where I live. 6 months later I get a call from my High School aerospace teacher who now is the curator at the museum. She tells me that Mr. Okuda just walked in and presented a model of the shuttlepod "Onizuka" to the center and mentioned that I had made the suggestion to him. It's really cool to go visit the museum and know that I "made it so" in bringing a glimpse of the future of space travel to the center.

Just wanted to share! Thanks again!!

That is amazing! Thanks for sharing

#248 10 years ago

Jeri Ryan! On Tabletop! Star Trek Catan: Jeri Ryan, Kari Wahlgren, and Ryan Wheaton.

Crazy! Wil, looks younger than his son lol

#at=58

#255 10 years ago

Man, this thread's dead already? The other Star Trek club thread lasted a week at least.

Wait, their is another Star Trek Club? I searched before I started this one, nothing came up. As well, this thread has lasted 1 week and with comments everyday. And 3720 karma points were scored

#260 10 years ago
Quoted from Jags:

Well that club was a "Star Trek: The Next Generation" club. This thread encompasses all the "Star Trek" machines so hopefully it will have a bit more staying power!

I agree, I could not focus just on one machine. They are all great and all need some love. I just got done playing my Digital Star Trek 25th on my home built Vcab, still good even if it isn't the real thing.

I hope so too. What happened to our captain?

lol, I commented a few hours ago. Was also busy, because I just purchased a very clean El Dorado: City of Gold Its my placeholder for a Star Trek: 25th.

#261 10 years ago

I hope so too. What happened to our captain?

Ohhhh, your old Captain for the TNG club!!! lol Sorry, I have only been a captain for a week. lololol

firsttimecaptain.jpgfirsttimecaptain.jpg

#263 10 years ago

I would type more, but its 2:30am and I need to zzzz work in a few hrs. But dang!!! You are the solder master. What kind of flux do you use? I never have any so I just stick-n-hold it.

#275 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think Voyager was also highly under rated. Great cast, compelling story. More serial like STTNG than arc like D S9 or Enerprise but it had some amazing episodes. Voyager's Borg episodes were epic.

Seven and the Doctor are two of the greatest Trek characters ever.

I really enjoyed Voyager, and I agree the 7of9 / Doctor combo was amazing. I have his autograph photo on my wall. Great person to meet in person.

#279 10 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

I sure hope we'll see paramount let someone do a new series going past Voyager's timeline someday

A new Star Trek would be the best thing the human race has ever done. However, I doubt it will ever happen.

Question: Has anyone read the Star Trek: TNG & Doctor Who comics? I own every Star Trek TNG comic ever printed as well, Voyager and DS9 and almost every TOS comic. But for some reason never picked up the cross over. "Well the art sucks, that could be why"

#287 10 years ago

Ok I ordered a bunch of leds for my STTNG from coin taker and they came yesterday. I put super bright cool white colour in the mission inserts, all six or seven of them and wow too bright! I can't see the ball. Anyone know what leds would best suite STTNG? Maybe warm white instead?

I always use "Frosted" LED's and never have issues with anything being too bright.

#289 10 years ago

Welcome aboard

Quoted from Milano:

1. Good link on the basic principles of custom LED wiring, idiots guide to tools and approach to creating lighting sockets, wiring & hooking to GI and other sources - whether it be custom playfield lighting decor or the rigging of basic custom models.

2. Specific to TNG, info on wiring hallmark keepsake 'magic' ornaments (the 'birds & enterprise D) safely.

1. Dont have any links. But you can always just buy pop-bumper light-holders with wires attached and just solder it to a near by GI. Then you can position "extra" lights wherever you want. Like on the ramps under the Borg ship.

2. Enterprise D doesn't really look good or fit in the machine. You are better off skipping that one and just use the other 2.

- The Bird of prey is simple. Just pre-drill holes based on the stock ship and screw it in. So you have two light sockets under each wing which is very simple. (Use frosted Lights or Flex lights)

- Romulan Warbird, you need to get a hole drill the size of the dome light. If you really want the ends to light up you can put two small LED's by opening up the plastic or drilling a hole to lay a wire and small LED. Then wire them to GI. But honestly just drill the hole and attach the Warbird. You will be plenty happy with just updating the ship to a more detailed one.

#291 10 years ago

Where can you buy the Romulan Warbird? I saw one on ebay but it was $150 plus shipping. Anywhere you can buy a more reasonably priced one?

I purchased all (3) ships on ebay for about $9 each. The people selling them for $150 are trying to rip you off. They even sell them at Star Trek Conventions for only $15-20. Just keep looking for them. Make sure you search for Star Trek Christmas Ornaments or Star Trek Hallmark. VERY easy to find. Don't pay $150 for a $5 ornament lol I have emailed them guys calling them assholes. His response, "They don't make these anymore, they are very rare." Yeah! but they made like 20,000 of them and are ALWAYS for sale on ebay for a few bucks. My xmas tree is full of these ships, so they can't be that rare.

Bird Of Prey $25 - ebay.com link: 1994 star trek Hallmark ornament KLINGON BIRD OF PREY FLICKERING LIGHTS

Warbird $9 - ebay.com link: Hallmark Magic Ornament Star Trek Romulan Warbird IOB

All 9 ships $35 - ebay.com link: 9 Star Trek Hallmark Keepsake Ornaments in original box

Warbird - $9 - ebay.com link: Hallmark Star Trek Ship Romulan Warbird 1995 Ornament Magic Tested Works

#296 10 years ago
Quoted from bailorgana:

Not sure I'm ready for the Bird of Prey yet. Can you tie the actual ornament lights into the GI?

Unlike the Romulan Warbird where you have to drill a hole the size of the lamp. You can yes, but its useless. The light is so little its not worth your time. Having two light-sockets under each wing is much better.

#297 10 years ago

Important note: Anyone who is converting the ornaments to replace the stock ships. Don't cut the ornament hanger eye-loop off. It should/will just unscrew.

#302 10 years ago
Quoted from Milano:

By the way the futura line of minis makes a great ferengi ship that can easily fit over the left ball return above the ferengi drop targets - no lights, still cool - they also make a small enterprise d and a Borg cube you can easily feed a bulb into - cheap on eBay.

Nice, Thanks for sharing Milano

#306 10 years ago
Quoted from smokey_789:

Just to clarify. I replaced the stock "Romulan Warbird" ( the upper left back toy that has no lights other than the green flasher that it sits on) with the $150.upgrade. The upgrade has built in led's that you tie into a GI lamp, which makes it glow constantly green. The other wire you tie into any controlled lamp you want causing the red nose of the bird to light when the lamp you tied into lights. Was it worth $150.? For me, yes. It adds a little more effect. For those that don't want to spend $150, then probably not.

Nice! I am happy that it turned out. If you are going to pimp it, pimp it good

#307 10 years ago
Quoted from chinosts:

Nice... I ordered all three Hallmark ornaments a couple of a week ago.. May take a week or two to arrive in Australia. I'm pretty sure I am not going to bother wiring in the little ornament lights. You might want to try painting your Borg ship.. I got a really nice result last weekend painting mine.. I posted a thread a few days ago with YouTube vids if anyone is interested..

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-painting-the-borg-ship

Wooot! Congrats! Turned out great! Bet you had a lot of fun. Did you mumble Resistance is futile with each brush stroke?

#313 10 years ago
Quoted from scooter:

That good be a great thing with 7 of 9!

Next Saturday at 9:10 am I have a date with JERI RYAN. Well along with a few thousand other Trekkies. 9AM in Vegas, I will be so dang tired.

#325 10 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Been there done that... nothing to really write home about.
Hope yours is better tho.

Yeah, I have gone to the SF and LA conventions. Just need to get my last autograph for my TNG backglass. Also excited to meet William Shatner.

#329 10 years ago

Just hung the Star Trek 25th Playfield LED Wall Art. As well the Scared Stiff I still need to make some wire shields painted the same color as the wall that will hide the wires.

#330 10 years ago

Better video: http://jean-luc-picard.com/pinwall.mp4

But shitty song on the radio. Sorry.

#333 10 years ago

I put Red on all my pins. Because I like red...

#335 10 years ago

Man that is awesome. I'd love to have a tutorial video on how you did it and what you placed where, step by step. Or even better you should start selling them, I would buy a few for sure!!

Thanks Dude, I would not mind making and selling them. But they are not cheap. I spent $300+shipping for the Star Trek Playfield and $400 +shipping for Scared Stiff playfield. (Typical Overpriced Ebay). As well, Wood, frosted Acrylic, LED's, paint, hardware. Not sure if people would be willing to drop $500+ for wall art. I know my Wife is certainly upset I spent about $800 for both of my Playfield Wall Art But I enjoy it.

I figure $800 could get me a fun 80's Pin, but I don't have any more room for another pin. So that's how I try to justify my spending. If I could have found Playfields for $100-$200 each I would think this kind of thing would be great to make and sell. But sadly, auctions on Ebay are unpredictable.

I had my bid at $100 for Star Trek, I placed my max bid at $310. I had no idea some jackass would bid $309 the last second. Same story with scared stiff but the Starting Bid was $400. Both Playfields are in fantastic condition, but borderline not good enough to put in a pin without restoration.

(Deep down I feel kinda shitty for spending that much on them) But hey, its over with.

#336 10 years ago

Well, I guess $400 for Scared Stiff isn't that bad. Guy trying to sell a NOS on ebay for $1,100
And $800 for Star Trek TNG Playfield. One way for me to look at it, it could be worse.

#339 10 years ago

Yeah, pissed me off. I guess he did not want to lose it for $100 since It certainly is worth more than that. Star Trek 25th is a rare one, and great artwork.

Ok, on the quest to make myself feel better for spending. The cheapest Playfield on ebay right now is KISS for $300 with shipping and its horrible condition. And Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for $320 with shipping which is a pretty shitty pin, but a fantastic franchise. Someone tell me I did not spend too much, so I feel better. lol lol you can lie if you have to lolol

#342 10 years ago

Cool, I mean technically these playfields could go in a pin if anyone wanted in the future. Just have to pop off the wood sides. But I don't plan on that ever happening. I guess I should have taken some photos documenting the steps it takes to make these. But I could easily list out the steps if anyone is interested. I know QuarterGrabber requested this. As long as you have a table saw, band saw, miter/chop saw and electric sander. It's not complicated just time consuming.

#344 10 years ago

Oh and that Mirror-LED ball light shooting all over the walls, I don't have that on often, just for parties. Now that I look at it, for demonstration purposes it would be better if I shot a video without them. Bit Distracting.

#345 10 years ago

Thanks, I'd like to know how you did it. The lighting more so though. It looks like you have all the right lights in all the right places. I don't think it could have been done any better. And I'm not just saying that because your the captain.

Well, thats the funny part. All it is are the LED-RGB lights I use for everything. They have a setting that alternates every 3 feet. So it will light different areas at different times. Making it look like you have individual LED's when you really just have a string of 16 feet of LED's. The LED's only cost about $25. All the holes are backed with frosted Acrylic. "Sanded 1/4 acrylic on both sides". So, overall not a very complicated setup.

However, the LEDS are mounted to the back of the playfield facing the backing. Which I use tinfoil on the back. So the LED's which are GEL coated and produce no heat at about 2.5 inches apart and reflect the light back towards the playfield. This way, you don't see the lights.

#348 10 years ago

QUESTION: IS that Hugh on the backglass of TNG?

I am about to have the Actor JONATHAN Del ARCO who plays Hugh in Star Trek TNG & Voyager. I always assumed that he was in the backglass. Either, it is not him or the artist totally fucked it up. He is inverted for one, and his Borg technology is wrong and in the wrong position.

Before I ask the guy to Autograph my backglass, I figure I better make sure it is in fact him!!!

Hugh.jpgHugh.jpg STTNGBG.jpgSTTNGBG.jpg

#350 10 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I had him sign there... because; who really cares if he was really intended to be on the BG or not.

I guess "We Are Borg" They are all the same lol

I am also heading to Pinball Hall Of Fame tomorrow. Sadly my flight lands at 7am and they dont open till 11am. http://www.pinballmuseum.org/direct.php

#352 10 years ago

hmm I don't know of these places. I am looking them up now.

#354 10 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

Have any of you had power problems by virtue of adding a shaker motor to your STTNG? A lot of concerns have voiced about overloading the power supply on that machine, but it also seems like a pin that would benefit more than most from the addition of a shaker.

My only "opinion" about adding a shaker to a pin that was never intended to have a shaker like " Tales from the Crypt" for example. You are pretty much vibrating the hell out of the machine every-time you play it. Things are bound to slowly work themselves loose over time.

#376 10 years ago

Wonder who will direct the next Star Trek since JJ pulled out and jumped ship. What a douche. Gets offered Star Wars and just packs his bags and leaves. I have to admit, I dont like the guy anymore.

#377 10 years ago

WTF! Ok I am working on some mocks for CMA. I don't listen to country so I never noticed this. BUT They F***KING stole the Star Trek logo. Just squished it and flipped it. And they complain about piracy?

CMA-Awards-350x296.jpgCMA-Awards-350x296.jpg

#379 10 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I thought JJ signed a 3 movie deal back after the success of 2009.
Regardless; honestly... if he did bail ... good riddance.
I'm tired of that hack fuxing up the Star Trek Universe.

Let him go fux up Star Wars now.

Yeah, he broke the contract. A bunch of the cast from JJ's Star Trek were at the convention. They said Star Wars was his childhood dream. So he simply likes Star Wars better and jumped ship.

#383 10 years ago

I want to know where you got that cool disco ball thingy I see in this video. I want to get one.

Amazon this one changes color, shape, or strobe based on the music. I only put it on when Im drinking or have a party. But its kinda cool how it will light up your pins. Its not as noticeable when you are playing. more of an accent of color. But the floor and ceiling is crazy lol. Also only $19

AMAZON: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00857DO62/ref=oh_details_o07_s00_i00

#384 10 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Wonder if that means 3rd movie won't happen.

Alice said they "will" be making a 3rd Star trek. Remember, JJ did not write for Star Trek, he only Directed it. So, we still have the writer "forgot his name sorry" finding another director wont be a problem. I am sure they will find one in the next couple weeks or months. However, this means we will have to wait longer for the 3rd. The movie sure won't be next year lol

Quoted from Zitt:

Are you planning on going again next year?

Doubt it. To be honest, Vegas almost killed me lol. I drank so much, eat so much and spent so much at Strip Clubs that I am surprised I made it home and not the hospital. And thats coming from a heavy drinker. That place is dangerous for people like me. lol I won't return to Vegas for a few years when I finally recover from it.

#385 10 years ago
Quoted from Goonie:

You know who nailed it in my eyes...the Star Trek Continues folks.

Thanks for reminding me. I have seen plenty of Fan Films and heard this was great but completely forgot about it. So far, I am very impressed with what they did. I think this Kirk would be great if he had more of a heterosexual voice. He, lacks the womanizing Kirk we all know.

#387 10 years ago

Sweet, cheap as hell too. Do you have this same one, the mini? Should I get two? I need to do about 900sqft

It's not that small, not sure if you can see the size in the video. But, 900sqf is that around 30x30? My room only fits 4 pins on one wall. So, its rather small. However, the LED's inside have really good range and spreads the further you get. I think you would be fine with one.

#403 10 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I'm thinking I'll be attending 2016's 50th anniversary for sure... We should get a krew together and go with everyone else. Hell; even an Star Trek Charity arcade would be cool.

Well, we have a few years Lets rent out "The Pinball Hall Of Fame 2016". If all of us are still hitting our Star Trek balls in "2016" I say, lets rent the place out for the day for a Star Trek Pinball Competition. "They have all our machines already" . Since it is during the convention "50th" . (it is a $20 cab from Roddenberry convention hall). "Make It So"

#404 10 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

So the extended outlane for STTNG, yea or nay? Should I get the plastic or metal version?

****BUY**** Sadly the only flaw for TNG*PIN... The shit lane. Get the extended lane and only get the metal. Only buy quality with TNG. Currency doesn't exist in 2360.......

#408 10 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Haha okay, will do. I'm getting a STTNG today, can't wait.

Congrats Let us all know how it goes. Make it so!

#409 10 years ago
Quoted from bailorgana:

My TNG recently started popping one ball to the cannon for the start of borg multiball. When the shot is made, the ball pops to the return lane, not the cannon. Also, very odd, if you lose the ball, the multiball never even starts. Ball ends. Maybe optos are dirty in the popper? Clearly the popper works, as the first ball is making it to the cannon.

Also, for some reason, if i choose lock ball on my second ball, the drop target always stays up. I'm wondering if this is normal. On Pinball Arcade version, it is down.

I have experienced "something similar" once, but it was for Launch Probe. Rather than loading the cannon it would hit the drop target behind the borg ship. It only happened a few times. I wonder if the problems are related?

#412 10 years ago

Anyone need plastics for their old star treks? CPR is having a blow out sale, everything starts at $1!

Ebay link

Nice find

#414 10 years ago

now you can add plastics to your wall art.

lol, tempting! But I think my credit card has suffered enough for now haha

#418 10 years ago

OK! So Color DMD's have been sold out for ages. Anyone know where I can find/buy one for my TNG?

#420 10 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Colordmd.com has them in stock again. I just installed one in my STTNG...happy, happy, happy!

You must have purchased the last one lol!!! Out of Stock

#421 10 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

You must have purchased the last one lol!!! Out of Stock

Or are you buying the replacement DMD and then downloading the roms?

*I just notice, it has its own USB port to install the software?

#422 10 years ago

the "COLORDMD REPLACEMENT DISPLAY (SIGMA)" is different isn't it? It's more of an LED and not a color DMD. Before I drop $400 and tell my girl It only cost $100 I need to make sure its a color DMD not a color LED

Is it the same? http://shop.colordmd.com/colordmd-replacement-display-for-star-trek-the-next-generation-pinball-machine/

#424 10 years ago

is the (SIGMA) the same thing? http://shop.colordmd.com/colordmd-replacement-display-sigma/ it is the only product available.

#425 10 years ago

OHHH! It has 3 options. Dots, HD, Lines!

#427 10 years ago

MAKE IT SO: IN LIVING COLOR!

in-living-color.jpgin-living-color.jpg

#428 10 years ago

Payment sent... They say, you get your money back in pins when you invest in them. Well, when you don't ever plan on selling your ST:TNG for the rest of your life I never get it back lol However, the asshole that sells it after I die gets to sell it for a bit more. I will be back haunting whoever that person is!!

Question: I have seen other pins with ColorDMD but they are not mentioned on the site. Are we able to put these in "any" DotMatrix pin or just the 7 listed on the site? I sware I played others with colorDMD...

#430 10 years ago

Hmm, sounds like if I had the dedication I could program this DMD to colorize any DotMatrix. But, lets be frank... I only need Star Trek

#433 10 years ago

It is not a DMD or an LED. It is an LCD display.

Either way LED or LCD would look pretty much the same. And I know it is not a Dot Matrix Display

#436 10 years ago

Its sooooooo Hard to take photos of lights. They always gloom/glow on camera. But still looking good

#438 10 years ago

I need to own it!

#439 10 years ago

STAR TREK - Pinball on Voyager! What pin is he playing? Was that a skill-shot at the end? lol Looks like a Gottlieb.

#445 10 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

I think Christmas is about to come early this year for my STTNG. I've already got the topper, subwoofer, colorLCD, shaker motor, green borg ship, hallmark ships. I guess the only thing I'm missing is LEDs....

When you pimp it, you pimp it good I also ordered the colorDMD, very excited for it to arrive. What is your favorite animation with full color. Did you set it to dots or one of the other options?

I had a first timer to pinball over to play some pin. And she claimed TNG as her favorite, she was having a blast. Nothing makes a pinball collector more happy when your guest picks your favorite machine and makes it their favorite

I am in a pickle... The lady of the house wants our next pin to be Bad Cats, which I really enjoy. Or I pick up a fresh of route Star Trek 25th that will need some work. I know the answer, but have not figured out how to say it haha.

Quoted from DocRotCod:

I'm joining the club this week. My STTNG will be here soon!

Congrats you are in for lots of fun! Do you have the drain-lane extenders? If not, you will have more fun with them. The metal versions are rather cheap.

Quoted from Mantra:

I lost on a bid with 30 seconds to go...
Some day I'll get a nice HOU STTNG.

ahhh, the last second bid war always sucks. Hope you find one soon.

Quoted from Nexyss:

On a side note, I just watched the HD version of the series premiere of STTNG on Amazon Prime. It is showing its age a bit, but that was better than most movies I have seen in the last few years. It is hard to believe that I originally watched that 26 years ago! I feel old now. lol

Star Trek is like a fine wine it gets better with age haha. But yeah, I agree starting to feel old.

#447 10 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

Yes it is arriving with the lane extenders installed. I will also LED mine. I have done all my pins with full LED. I know some people prefer not to. But I just LOVE how the games pop with LED. I also have a ColorDMD waiting for it.

I love LED's and Star Trek would only use Incandescent's in the holodeck in one of Data's Sherlock Holmes programs. lol. If you like retro, they have some awesome retro LED's as well.

#449 10 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

I didn't even know you could change the dots on the colorDMD. I ordered the STTNG colorDMD the minute they went on sale back in early Feb. I love it. Only problem is that it is a distraction at first and I've learned to watch the animations when other people are playing and not when I'm playing. My biggest reason for upgrading to LEDs would probably be b/c it is sitting next to my XMENLE and as you can see from the pictures the STTNG looks pretty dull compared to the XMEN.

Yep, you can use Dot, HD or Scan line. Ohh you need to get some LED's in your TNG And it will look just as fabulous as your Xmen "Also really fun machine btw"

#453 10 years ago

Ohh I was under the impression it was all the same. But I love the dots. So I would pick dots anyway

#461 10 years ago

Is this just another J. Abrams or "the" real JJ. Abrams that broke his movie contract with Star Trek to follow his Star Wars childhood dream?

#462 10 years ago

Enjoy a funny Star Trek video while we wait for news on the new Stern ST!!! hahah

#465 10 years ago

GUESS WHAT!!! I am getting a Star Trek: 25th Anniversary. Just need to finalize the sale and organize delivery

#468 10 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

Got my STTNG today! Huzzah! Great game and it arrived safe and sound. Only had time for a few games but guess what i'll be doing at work tomorrow?

Congrats!!! I recommend getting the Pinovators headphone kit. Really makes the gameplay better when you can crank it up and you are 100% submerged into the game. With Headphones and Pin audio on at the same time so you feel the floor shake

Quoted from Jags:

Congrats Jean-Luc!! Now all you need is a Bally!

I will be getting one if I find the right price. Make it So!

#469 10 years ago

I am soooo happy right now Love the new ColorDMD

cdmd.jpgcdmd.jpg

#472 10 years ago

You made it so! Also glad I have a tablet mounted above my beer fridge in my game room to check pinside oooooh i love pinball!!

#473 10 years ago

I did buy the last one in stock. More will come. Remember you only need sigma.

Edit: hmm. Was going to check if Sigma's are in stock, but the shop is down. Dead link.

#482 10 years ago

I am so disappointed in the new Stern Star Trek Pin... It is hideous. It looks like it was made by a bunch of ameture artists that only know how to use gradient overlays and bevel & Emboss. The backglass and cabinet art look like they just searched google and used the first images that came up. It's like they took ST:TNG made it a standard body and gave it to a bunch of monkeys to finish the artwork. ST:TNG will blow this out of the water I would never sell my TNG to get this piece of shit. I am soooo disappointed. How could anyone fail so bad on a theme that is so creative.

#485 10 years ago

I agree, it is all down hill now. But it was a good run.

1 week later
#488 10 years ago
Quoted from bailorgana:

I'm considering blue instead of plain white...

You may be interested in getting Purple pop covers and/or using a frosted LED. Frosted will make the cover glow better. I am about to do this as well. Or wait, you are talking about something else?

.... Curious what people have done to their Star Trek 25th. Rather soon I will have mine delivered. Already have Cointaker LED-Kit, Target Decals, Vintage TOS metal Keychain. Thinking about a shaker, but I fear they just rattle the cage and slowly break down your machine?

#492 10 years ago
Quoted from Nomarian:

Add me to the list. My first and only pin is currently an STTNG which I refurbished myself.

Congrats You are in for lightyears of fun. Do you have the lane extenders?

Perfecto!!! Thanks!!!

#498 10 years ago

Full BOOO lol Hope you are happy with your downgrade.. sigh but, it is a star trek pin so it still deserves some respect. In all honesty, I do hope you enjoy it. Is it true you sold JM T2 & ST:TNG just for the Stern ST?

#503 10 years ago

I know the captain's not a big fan of this title but check out a gamplay video of the new Stern Star Trek with someone that can actually play. Can't wait for my LE!

Haha, its ok Thanks for sharing. Its great to see a gameplay. I may never own one. But I do want to play one in the wild. So in a way I will be spending some money on it haha

#504 10 years ago

Question for you guys... Thinking about getting a Shaker for ST:TNG. Is Pinbits the best one? -http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=281

As well, anyone put Mirror Blades on? Enough clearance for the ST:TNG?

1 week later
#506 10 years ago

I may be wrong, so hopefully someone will confirm. I think you need to cut them out and clean it out with a router or Dremel. Then the new inserts are glued back in. But, that's just my guess.

#510 10 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I have a Red Shirt, can I be in the club?

Thanks in Advance.

Sure why not, Most red shirts die at the end of the episode anyway haha, lol

Quoted from Jags:

I've never done it but I've read that you need to heat the old insert with a heat gun to soften the glue. You can then tap out the old insert with a hammer. Just search for it in the forum and it will be there - somewhere!

Ahh yes, that sounds logical rather than forcing it out. But I would assume a Dremel would still be helpful to clean up any hard glue left behind.

#512 10 years ago
Quoted from Ilthuain:

I now have a Stern Trek in my kitchen.

WELCOME TO THE CLUB, ME!

Woot! Congrats... How do you like your new S:ST. Is it also your kitchen table?

#519 10 years ago
Quoted from Ilthuain:

I love it! The flow is buttery smooth and the code is very playable for this early after release. We did have to get rid of our old table, but playing pinball is more fun than playing table, so the choice was easy.

I'm trying to figure out ways to make the mechanical operations less noisy so I don't bother my neighbors as much. We ordered a rug to put beneath the feet and I was thinking of throwing some blankets or something in the box so it doesn't echo so much.

You could build a mini (1) pin arcade "room" in your kitchen. Some 2x4's, drywall and foam lol. Think about how cool that would be. You would walk in and be 100% zoned into the game. You could install a ventilation system. Add lights to the walls tapped into the GI. May be onto something here. The first apartment complex soundproof kitchen pinball arcade experience.

#520 10 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

TNG + STLE (on order)

Woot! Congrats my fellow "Trekkie"

Quoted from SaminVA:

I feel much better now about the cost of the Stern Star Trek LE after seeing this QMX Star Trek 2009 Enterprise Artisan Replica which sells for $6,995.00. It's a nice model and would make one hell of a topper but I would rather have the pinball.

wow! $7k? But what a beautiful ship. If it was $1k I would consider buying it. lol

#523 10 years ago

Woot Congrats

#537 10 years ago
Quoted from magnoliarichj:

just put my deposit down on my Star Trek LE ..... is it normal to want to hurl after putting down a deposit? lol

lol It is normal.

#541 10 years ago

funny-haircut-Star-Trek.jpgfunny-haircut-Star-Trek.jpg
#544 10 years ago

Since the lady of the house doesn't seem to care that I just got Final Frontier in TNG I figure I say it in the club. WOOT! Such a eye bulging, blood pumping experience. Its been months since I got it. I need to make it a goal to get it more often lol

Also good news, After a MONTH! My Star Trek 25th will be delivered next Sat

#546 10 years ago

Crap, I just noticed. When did you go from 3 games to 9??

LOL, Since I got stung by the Pinball Queen Bee. Yeah, 9 pins in 1-year is crazy. But every day I learn something new. These 12 months I have learned how to do so much. All thanks to friends and pinside and pinside friends. Thank you all for this wonderful addiction. lol

1 week later
#550 10 years ago

Tomorrow my Star Trek 25th will be delivered. After about a month of waiting for it lol. Very excited

ThatsMoreLikeIt.gifThatsMoreLikeIt.gif

#551 10 years ago

Has anyone put these in your ST:TNG? Is it worth it?
speaker.JPGspeaker.JPG

#553 10 years ago

If they sound great, I may put them in both But I spoil my TNG first, its my holy grail.

#555 10 years ago

I think these speakers are universal. Or am I wrong? Or at least should be for either TNG or T2?

#558 10 years ago

cool, Just purchased a set. If I like them I will get them for my DE Star Trek & T2

#559 10 years ago

Got the Star Trek 25th Tonight So happy with it. Just need to get Neon Pink Power Bands and the lighted Fire button..

#564 10 years ago

I will get some pics once I get the pink flipper rubbers and want to change some lights and add some shooter lane LED's etc.

Meanwhile....

HOLY CRAP! The Shaker motor is installed in my TNG and its an earthquake. Anyone know how I adjust this? I notice two possible options on the board. A rotating disk and two adjuster pins?

Next question. On the Star Trek 25th. I notice the V-kicker that shoots the ball at your flippers has a cup on the rod. In my case the rod wiggles which makes the ball fly at your flippers at a random direction which sometimes is right down the middle making it impossible to hit. Is this intentional or is that cup suppose to be solid an not wiggle or tilt at all?

#567 10 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Mine does this. I assumed it was a randomness of the pinball. Sometimes you get the bull... others you get the horn.

I don't think pink is right for the game. I forget... but I went with orange IIRC. IIRC; I did the whole pin in orange rubber. seemed to fit the game.

I guess the cup has a set screw that allows you to adjust. As I am told it can be adjusted and should never be shot down the middle. Will test it out tonight and see if I can tune it a little.

I think pink "flipper rubbers" looks better than orange, maybe because this has pink posts as well pink all over the plastics. As well the lanes are all pink. However, I cant seem to find the neon pink "POLYURETHANE" flipper bands anymore. Granted, not saying pink is my favorite color but it just adds to the pink accent already in the game.
pink.jpgpink.jpg

EDIT: Now I am told that the cup is suppose to wobble and the scoop is supposed to be pointing at the middle. I guess its intentionally brutal lol

#569 10 years ago
Quoted from Jags:

Hey Jean-Luc!! That Star Trek looks GREAT!! Now all you need is a Bally!!

It is in perfect shape. The cabinet, Plastics and PF are all A+ Some day when I have more room I will for sure get the Bally

#570 10 years ago

Ok, today is the day. After work I am heading over to the pub to try out the new Stern ST. I hope no one is on the machine so I can give it a proper scan with my tricorder. I will let you guys know what I think when I get home tonight. Will take some videos as well.

#572 10 years ago
Quoted from Mycal:

Cool. Are you going to make league tonight?

Hey dude, I forgot tonight was league. I have a bunch of stuff to finish tonight at home. I plan on only playing STID for about an hour and head home. But I will go next time. I also need to get my Jeep worked on before I feel comfortable with 2 hour drives. My airbags got a recall that needs to be re-programed lol.

#574 10 years ago
Quoted from Mycal:

I hear you. Just had work done on my ride too, before heading up to Tahoe in a week or so. Enjoy ST and I'll catch up with you next time. Digging your ST25, very nice!

I will take some pics, I am really happy with the condition. REALLY clean. What are you doing in Tahoe? I forgot to ask, do you Snowboard? We plan on renting a cabin this year. "Maybe I should be PM'ing not posting lol" oops.

#575 10 years ago

Ok, I did not take any pics..... But.... I really don't want to say anything if I cant say anything nice, but.... However, I will say one thing. The machine was put onsite brand new 2 weeks ago. It already is plastered with HUGE pits. The PF is almost shot already. I don't know if the Pro comes with just wax but this PF will be destroyed in a few more months. When I say "Pits" I mean crater sized and deep. How could a machine get so beaten in 14 days?

#577 10 years ago

I think so... I had many air-balls and glass shots. However, the ball gets shot back at you when you get it into the center shot. I think that also is making the pits. Sadly, this machine will never last as a collectible. It will destroy itself before it gets the chance. Maybe, the buyer may benefit from stripping the machine down and adding some clear-coats before they start playing it.

#580 10 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

You should post to the main stern subforum about this..
it kept me up last night given I have a LE on order.
Pictures would "help"

I was going to continue to play and take pictures of the craters but when I went to get a new beer from the bar someone jumped on the machine. I do know for a fact that Stern PF's don't hold up as well as Williams/Bally for example My Shadow does not have one pit and it obviously has several thousand plays on it. My TSPP has millions of small little dents but they can only be seen when the light hits just right and also has several thousand plays on it. In this case the Pro had craters not just dents and only has 14 days of play. I do wish I took photos, sorry about that. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the LE has either extra layer or a harder layer? So you should be fine?

On a brighter note, I did feel the ramps to be rewarding and felt smooth. The center shot when locked shoots a ball back at you REALLY fast, I did find that to be exciting. The code is rather bare-bones so I did not feel a difference between missions. As well I never unlocked a video-mode. I wonder if they will add one?

#582 10 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Im finishing up my shop job on my STTNG and ive run into an issue. None of my shield insert flashers work. The backbox flasher works but none for the PF. There were no shield flasher bulbs installed when I bought it. I reflowed solder to all the sockets on the board and all other flashers work. Any ideas?

I am not 100% sure about the flashers. But I have had blown fuses for GI. As well had some loose connectors on the boards and one burnt connector that I had to repair. Only advice I can give is: Fuses, Burnt/Loose Connectors both on the board and the light boards under the PF. Hope its a simple fix for you. Good luck dude.

#585 10 years ago

I wonder what Williams/Bally did to protect PF's. They seem to have done a better job and the PF's seem to have survived the years compared to Sterns. Hell, even both of my DE ST25th PF's don't have pits/craters. So Stern must be cutting corners with the new machines. Or, like you said they need to be cured "Hardened". Maybe play with a ceramic ball while you wait for it to cure I really do hope it hardens for you and lasts for many years in your collection.

#590 10 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

DE ST PF doen't fire the ball at you. Only STNG does that.

Honestly, I bet you $ to donuts its another case of Stern cost cutting. I bet there was a conversation something like this:

That is true, but you do get rather frequent pops from the V-Kicker and bounce-back from the center targets. Not as much as other games but it is still getting some airtime. I bet that is exactly the problem. They went with cheaper materials and bought a massive bulk load and have been making PF's with it for years. Where is back in the day they put more passion and love into the materials. Maybe because everyone was stoned while making them, which is why they had love for the game compared to now days. lololol

Quoted from smokey_789:

Here's the problem. Check the curved metal "scoop" at the top of the hole.

I agree, I bet that is the problem. However to get to them screws I have to remove the ramps and plastics. But tonight after I fix TNG: Shaker I will see if that thing is wiggling. But I think it is solid, the guy I got it from did a full PF strip/shop and he said its set to aim for the middle. Im sure it just needs some tinkering. The machine otherwise is in great shape. Couldnt be happier.

CONGRATS!!! You got yours already? Have fun dude! One funny joke about "STID"... I keep thinking its abbreviations for "Sexually Transmitted Disease". lolol

#591 10 years ago

CHECK IT OUT GUYS!!!! STTNG on farsights upcoming pinball arcade full cabinet - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=640281392659591&set=vb.255539697800431&type=2&theater

#593 10 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Once you go 3D... you never go back.
Real STNG FOR life!

I agree But a little mini-cab doesn't hurt. You will be able to play online-tournaments and online-multiplayer with a hack till/if they produce that feature. All the games I cant fit in my arcade on my cab I built will never take away the real thing, its just candy sitting next to my 5k-rom multi-cade.

#594 10 years ago

12 days left to Kickstarter - Star Trek Continues Web-series They need about 30k more.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/125377036/star-trek-continues-webseries

#598 10 years ago

Looks great Now time to get the pro speakers and Shaker Motor

#603 10 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

I am not into shakers.

I was a bit sceptical. When I got it, it was horrible, shaked like an earthquake. But now that I have it tuned in its a really nice subtle rumble that feels great. The ones I have tried at my friends house are always so violent, like how mine was out-of-box. You can set it to rumble as much as you want via voltage and weight placement.

Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Is there a good way to do this without spraypaint? Ive already superglued in my green plastics for the windows and don't see a way to mask them off?

If you wanted just a subtle texture you can rub in a darker color into the cracks to make a semi-metal faux finish. Via a cloth/sponge etc.

#610 10 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

Here is mine with green acrylic windows and green leds. I really like the effect.

Resistance is Futile

#612 10 years ago

SaminVA you are correct. We also have missed the logical explanation. We first saw 7-0f-9 in green making us think all borg must like green. Or wait... Its just "79" the hardcore version of "69" + 10... Standing in front of a green wall. But I remember something
green. green.jpggreen.jpg

So every time that hot-topic electrical party light glew above her head we go... Green, Grreeeeeeeen,... More Green
green2.jpggreen2.jpg

#614 10 years ago
Quoted from scooter:

Jean-Luc-Picard said:
7-0f-9

+ 1,000,000

Multiplied by yep.pngyep.png

#620 10 years ago

I think it would be cool if they had two magnets under the ship that would pull the ball up into the ship then fire it lol. But, I assume that would cause some rather serious pitting on the PF. However, I have to admit when the ball launches back at you really fast it is very entertaining. As well it would be great if TNG would use the borg launcher more often.

#626 10 years ago
Quoted from mickthepin:

I have just set up my new STTNG I think there might be something screwy with it. Which missions are 2 ball multiballs? Is there like an add a ball thing? don't know whats going on.

Maybe you are missing a ball when you get Ferengi Multiball? or an extra ball is entering the game. One ball should get locked behind the ship via ball launch. Maybe the barricade isn't dropping when it should to collect the extra ball. Mine has issues sometimes, but I think it just needs to be cleaned, they get gummed up. Do you have any errors via test? Maybe it will even say that that drop isn't working, try cycling all the solenoids to flush any issues out. Oddly enough I have to do this to my Shadow sometimes to flush out problematic solenoids/switches.

#629 10 years ago

Happy Halloween Everyone!!
From Patrick Stewart lol

jlphalloween.jpgjlphalloween.jpg

1 week later
#632 10 years ago

So I just installed the sub for my ST:TNG. The Pinball Pro Sub. I have not installed the backbox speakers yet. However, the bass sounds exactly the same as my old sub? Anyway to boost this thing? My computer speakers have 10x more bass than this thing. Do I need to buy an amp, I was under the impression the sub had a built in amp?

#635 10 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

I remember there was a wire you were supposed to cut but it's been a while since I installed mine.

Hmm. That was only to max the volume from 20 to 26. I think that is optional. I guess I have to add the backbox. That controller/ I guess you lower the backbox and increase the game audio to add more bass.

#638 10 years ago

This wasn't just standard dimples it was a war zone after 2 weeks. The next time I visit the bar I will try to take pictures, but with the glass on I highly doubt it will take a good enough photo. However, maybe over time a few billion hits it will appear to be smooth or less noticeable like the thread you posted. But, should it really be denting this easy? If I compare my TSPP to my other pins its more noticeable on TSPP, I still think Stern is doing something different.

What surprises me, I have two DE Star Trek 25th playfields both with heavy playtime without any noticeable dimple/crater, and no not because it has a trillion dimples that makes it appear smooth. I wonder what they did differently compared to other companies. It has held up better than a typical Stern Playfield or even Bally/Williams. One thing I notice with the light hitting the playfield just right are what appear to be brush marks. The clear-coat wasn't sprayed, maybe rolled or brushed? Possibly a thicker stronger materiel. no idea...

#640 10 years ago

Thanks for the photos. Looks perfectly smooth. I remember someone saying that you should wait for a NIB playfield to cure as they may not be completely hardened if it was hot off the press?

Maybe the one that I saw had this issue, or it was just defective. Yours looks perfect.

#643 10 years ago

Oh on a side note I can now be considered a member on this thread.

Congrats Welcome to the club, Live Long and Prosper my friend!! Which ST did you pick up?

As well, I agree it was just more noticeable next to un-dented areas. As well, I think they had a few tournaments which added some heavy playtime. I wish the game had video mode. I think the sky diving scene would be a fun video mode. Anyone know why Stern never got into Video Modes?

Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

If that's true all us STLE owners have nothing to worry about with the delays we've seen on release. Heck our playfields were probably made at the same time the Pro's were made. We've had plenty of curing time!

Yeah, I am not sure if it is true but it makes sense. I don't think you have anything to worry about. Hwawonyu's looks perfect.

#647 10 years ago

Thanks man, I got the new ST Pro Refinery Edition it is a beauty.

AWESOME! Congrats

#651 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Shaker and external sub=Mucho fun ; )

Love the Shaker in the STNG. Took a bit of work to tune it but its awesome. I need to tinker with the sub more to boost the highs, a bit muffled for my taste right now.

#655 10 years ago

Has anyone thought of putting a JP gun on a Star Trek 25th? Should be a way to mod the gun so you dont have to drill new holes and use the existing ST25th holes?
jpshooter.jpgjpshooter.jpg

#660 10 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

if your going to go thru trouble; at least design a phaser handle for it.

That is what I was thinking. Would make a mold and maybe make a resin based handle? I have plenty of phasers to work with

From what I understand it is Gary Stern himself that has the silly rule of no video modes on their pins.

Thats lame, I am aware some people dont like video mode, but I really think it utilizes the full potential of a DMD. Half the time the player isnt even looking at the DMD. This gives the player a chance to interact with it.

#667 10 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Proud owner of STTNG. Would never part with it. I'm also anxiously awaiting a STLE. The crazy thing is... I'm not a big Trekkie!!?? Yet Star Trek will shortly represent 50% of my pin collection! I think the theme just translates beautifully. I got a chance to meet Patrick Stewart many years ago (around 10, I think). I told him I was a big fan of his work. Usually when you say that, people say "Thank you", or "How nice". Patrick immediately engaged in the conversation, and said "Wondeful. Which of my roles have you enjoyed??". Having just seen an amazing BBC production of Henry V or similar, I told him I thought he was fantastic in that. We chatted for a bit. He was very gracious, and warm. Eventually, I said, "I must tell you, I have a favourite line of yours". I then proceeded to imitate his delivery of "All hands prepare for "Mul-TIE Ball". He started laughing, and remarked that many of his "American" friends (though I'm Canadian) had teased him about his pronunciation of the word. Wonderful guy. Proud member of the Star Trek Pinball club, and reluctant Canadian Trekkie!

He really is an amazing guy. I was rather nervous when I met him lol He mentioned that he still plays his ST:TNG, i wonder what his highest score is, wish I asked him.

Edit: As well, I will NEVER sell my TNG Love that pin so much but I am a hardcore Trekkie

#669 10 years ago

video was removed?

#671 10 years ago

oh! is that Classic Game Room Guy?

#673 10 years ago

Cant seem to find another link. I would have liked to watch it. hmmm.

#678 10 years ago
Quoted from bailorgana:

Thought this was appropriate...

Fucking love that!!!

Also, how many of you all would do this if they still had this.

#680 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Just got my Star Trek Pro last week and lovin it.

CONGRATS Question for you, did the STPRO come with a keyfob?

#686 10 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

Jean-Luc-Picard said:
Fucking love that!!!
Also, how many of you all would do this if they still had this.
» YouTube video

Where did a person go to do that?? LOL

I have no idea? But I think its a fun concept. Maybe Universal Studios or Vegas when they had the Star Trek Experience?

It's amazing looking back on old promo videos how cheesy they are by todays standards:

Its funny when the chick starts playing lol

#688 10 years ago
Quoted from smokey_789:

I did get an extra spring and four little rubber "feet." Have no idea what they are for.

I assume the rubber feet are floor protectors? Thats lame, you would think NIB you would at least get the Keyfob.

#691 10 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Got a horrible feeling I'm not going to stop at one machine.

Engage!

Welcome aboard And I have to say, bad news... My first machine was ST:TNG then 12 months later 8 more pins came. would be more, but no more room lol. But it is a good addiction, its perfectly healthy. I think?

Quoted from smokey_789:

The little rubbers are like 1/2"--something you would put under your toaster.
You get your machine yet?

Hmmm, I wonder what them are. Maybe they are for a toaster? hahah. I didn't order a Stern Star Trek. But I did get my ST25th recently. Really enjoy it. Very simple rules but VERY rewarding and fun. Maybe someday I will own a Stern STLE but I will have to wait a few years. I have my eyes on a Williams Indiana Jones or Scared Stiff if the Lady of the house will let me get rid of the end tables next to the couch to make more room. hahaha.

#706 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Just saw your post, no it didn't, was it supposed to. I haven't looked in the goodie bag yet. Do they usually come with one? I haven't even lifted up the pf in fear of scratching the sides of the new cab.

Oh I was just curious. Because ST:TNG and ST25th both came with keyfobs. "Or at least I thought". I asked because I was curious what it looked like "if" it came with one. Im big on the keyfobs, have to have one for all my pins or it bugs me lol. However, I don't think Stern gives out Keyfobs for any pins. That may have been a 80's 90's thing. Companies now days figure they can save money by cutting out the little things.

#708 10 years ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

Well it's gonna be a long weekend. My STLE has arrived at the Norfolk VA terminal but they are closed till Monday. So close, dam

Ahhh that sucks! Well at least you have 3 other Star trek Pins to play

BTW, anyone have Pinnovators? Last night I hooked up external sub + speakers with the native speakers. WOW was I amazed.

#714 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yeah, at $8200 it's going to cut into their profit margin to deeply to give the buyer a key fob.

Sadly, its true. Cutting corners till it is a circle lol

That makes it bad ass

#717 10 years ago
Quoted from JC_Pins:

over-do the Trekness.

Congrats! But you can never over-trek lol

#718 10 years ago

Classic Game room Guy's review is back up for Stern Star Trek.

#728 10 years ago

DE: Star trek 25th question: The blue light tube that's full of rice lights zip-tied to the ramps. Has anyone removed them and used EL Wire Lighting? My lights dont even work, I understand the rice lights burn out as well as the light controller board messes up or burns out "have a replacement but have not installed" I don't even know when these lights are suppose to turn on. Anyone know? I wouldn't mind just removing it and installing EL wire. Either to always be on, or triggered via sound or switch.

#735 10 years ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

Jean-Luc-Picard said:
CONGRATS Question for you, did the STPRO come with a keyfob?

These were in the bag with the extra sling shot plastics with the LE. They only have one hole in them so would you say these are key fob's.

Wow! They gave you (4) Key-Fobs!!!!!!!! This must be Sterns first fob, as well, they all look amazing!!! I expect mods on your x'mas tree soon

As well (((ST25))) missed my reply... sorry, been distracted with pin and marinating my pot-roast for the holiday.

#736 10 years ago

ok... another comment. What one will you have autographed at the next convention. --- Or what one will you sell me hahahha

#739 10 years ago

Every Stern Pro I have bought has come with a key-fob.

Oh really? Others mentioned the NIB pro did not come with one.

#741 10 years ago

Just had a weird Thanksgiving. Day drinking is "under" rated lol, but I cant think lol" We ended up eating at 11am. Eat Turkey, Roast Beef and Champagne in bed while watching the zombie movie from 2007 "28 weeks later". maybe the weirdest thanksgiving we ever had.

ST25th: I plan on adding the new controller board tomorrow. It is modded to not burn out, a guy in Australia makes them. however, a friend of mine came up with an interesting idea. To use 2 colors on each ramp and switch a color based on the ramp switch. So each time you hit a ramp that side will light up while turning the other off. EL wire should look great. However, adding LED's and using the new board may be the better route. Hard to decide. One thing is for sure, it is a very challenging game for how simple the layout is. You really have to be on your toes, focus on aiming and deliver clean shots. I will own this machine for the rest of my life, that's for sure

#743 10 years ago
Quoted from Crashnburn:

There are some extra plastics in the bag but no key-fob that I saw. I suppose you can use them for a key-fob if you want.

If you are suppose to get key fobs I would contact Stern. Worth the hassle, they look really nice.

#746 10 years ago
Quoted from Crashnburn:

That's the question. Are you suppose to get a key-fab with the Pro?

Hope someone can help confirm this. Maybe just call Stern anyway, maybe they will send you a set. Sounds like other pro owners got them.

Question: Anyone install Post Lights before, are they worth it? I am a bit concerned how they fit. Most of my pins have lights right next to the post on the slings. Not sure how the tab fits, doesn't look like I will be able to hide the end well? I am about to purchase them for all my pins with the cointaker black Friday deal but want to wait till I hear good things about them. Think it will be great to wire them to the sling solenoid.

#748 10 years ago

Yes they are worth it. I have an extra double set in every game I own. I get mine from PinballBulbs.com.

Woot, thanks for the validation. Right now cointaker has buy 2 get one free. http://shop.cointaker.com/product.sc?productId=1413 the ones you buy are the electrical portion the same size. I ask because I cant seem to find them at pinballbulbs.com. I am concerned the raw ends will look kinda ugly and I wont be able to hide them under the sling since the lights are right by the post.

Good news is they will hide well on ST:TNG. However, not as well on Bad Cats, T2 and Shadow. They will sorta stick out and look rather ugly. I guess I could paint it black so it is hidden a bit?

IMG_4959.jpgIMG_4959.jpg

#750 10 years ago

If you like the bling you will LOVE them, and I love the bling.

If you gunna pimp it. Pimp it good lol Sold...

#751 10 years ago

Did you use clear star posts or keep the red or blue ones in? I plan on putting clears in all the pins with this mod. But curious what you did.

#756 10 years ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

Here's the un boxing video of my Star Trek LE # 012

Congrats SaminVA. Glad that the torn box did not damage anything. Also great game-play video!

#760 10 years ago

The lit apron is AMAZING! How much do they run?

#762 10 years ago

I did over do it. For my Star Trek Pro I bought the following:

Star Trek armor set with Laser Cut lit siderails in Candy Blue Powder
Custom Star Trek apron with lighting effects in Candy Blue Powder
El panel lighting for ST armor
Powder coated slide support rails
Powder lockbar in Candy Blue and fireplate in silver
Chrome flipper buttons and flipper bats
Klingon ship with flasher effects
Polished Chrome Leg bolts with nylon washers
Mission Start Scoop lighting
Pinball Refinery backbox
Cliffy Shooter protector
Misc felt, shooter film, etc
Numbered plaque
Star Trek Enterprise Hallmark mod

All from Pinball Refinery, all awesome!

If you gunna pimp it, pimp it good well done sir

Question: Did Stern:ST Pro come with a shaker motor?

#765 10 years ago

burn.jpgburn.jpg

Well this is what $60 smells like when you burn it lol. Supose to be the new board for the track lights in ST25th to "prevent burning" Well the windows and doors are open and the house still smells like burnt sulfur. I think I will just use the EL wire and screw the track lighting board.

#766 10 years ago

No the LE did. But the very first thing I did was install a shaker in it! I still can't believe you don't like this game. Have some more time on it, I'm sure it will grow on you. When I first played it I was cursing the heavens for getting rid of my STTNG for it, but after several games I couldn't get off of it. And make sure you watch the Bowen tutorial before playing and play with software version 1.3.

I REALLY REALLY wanted to like it. It was going to be my first NIB. I just cant get over the Bevel & emboss. ST:TNG is still a better game. But,... one day maybe I will pick up a second hand pro. If I do that, I would like to re-screen the PF with new art. lol Or make a decal that would cover the bottom section with something less Bevel & Emboss. Honestly, if it wasn't for that I would have bought one.

Thanks for the PAPA tutorial. I LOVE watching these. And I do admit the gameplay is nice. Its like a skinny TNG on crack. Fast game. This week I will head over to the bar and play it again. "noticed ST25th is next to him

#770 10 years ago

Great addition for your game room. You can also set it to Red Alert for a security system in case someone breaks into your room at night lol.

http://www.amazon.com/ThinkGeek-Star-Trek-Electronic-Chime/dp/B007QSYPE6/ref=sr_1_1

41bw5lhW8IL.jpg41bw5lhW8IL.jpg Swooshes each time you walk in the door.

#772 10 years ago
Quoted from magnoliarichj:

for the sttng guys...... more to come.

Are you putting this in STTMG as a mod?

#775 10 years ago

Awesome!!!!!! Where do you plan on putting the Lcars display?

#777 10 years ago

Awesome idea. Cant wait to see it.

#784 10 years ago
Quoted from Mycal:

Captain Picard sings "Let it Snow!"

enjoy:

Thanks for sharing this

#786 10 years ago

Well, I am going to play ST Pro at the pub after work. Bringing the lady, I will post her review. She doesn't have an artistic bone in her body so the Bevel & Emboss wont bother her. I am excited to see her reaction and hear her opinion. She also loves Star Trek.

#788 10 years ago

Haha, I will do my best to ignore the Bevel & Emboss this time. Should be at the pub in about an hour. Will post later tonight after I have had too many beers. haha

#792 10 years ago

Watch the Bowen tutorial before you go so you know what to shoot for

Just got back.... Drunk as predicted

So "her" review We first started with Attack From Mars. And she killed it with almost 3 billion. The girl has crazy "random" skill while shy when she scores big. Her first observation of Star Trek Pro.... was, it was colorful/bright like most modern pins she has seen. But wished it had more mechanical components like AFM and Cirqus Voltaire or cannons or something. After showing her she can select a mission like TNG but also "see" the targets that you need to hit via the selection. She "really" liked that, it gave her a chance to pick her challenge and see what it involves. She also really liked that the bumpers are almost the same as TNG but that the ball only comes from one direction and not (2). This gave her a predictable path I guess, she enjoyed that more. She liked how smooth ramps felt. "Or maybe that was me saying how I liked how smooth they felt,"They are REALLY SMOOTH" She commented the left pocket was just like T2 but less rewarding and the center ship/shot was not very rewarding compared to AFM, T2 or X-Men. She asked after locking it many times, why do I hit this? For a moment the bar was calm enough where we could hear the sound/music and we enjoyed the game more. However we had to cut the game short because a band was setting up. Overall, she rather I buy other pins than this. Sorry guys, she did not like the pin.

My review is short. I think its TNG on crack in a good way, its a very fast game which I enjoyed that aspect. A sort of combo of TNG + T2 without canons but over all it feels like something is missing. We seem to only enjoy games from 1978-2000+- maybe Simpsons "one of" the last games by Stern that we seem to enjoy. Based on the theme alone we really wanted to own this pin, but doesn't look like it will ever happen. I by no means hate the machine. It has some very nice qualities but it just doesn't seem to rub us the right way.

Post edited by Jean-Luc-Picard : Now sober, so tried to make this readable.

#795 10 years ago

Post edited by Jean-Luc-Picard : drunk posting

#796 10 years ago

Holly Crap I am hung over!!!!

#798 10 years ago
Quoted from Ilthuain:

I love my ST pro, but I think I love it a little more now that it has a TOS Romulan Bird-of-Prey installed.

Nice that looks really cool. Is that from the new line of ships that are out now? Same ships you get if you subscribe to the Star trek Magazine.

Edit: nope just checked. lol

These are the ships I was talking about. Also can buy them from Comic Book stores. I belive they are the same scale. http://www.startrek-starships.com/usa/index.asp

#800 10 years ago
Quoted from Ilthuain:

Nah, it's an ornament. I pulled the hanging loop out of the top and drilled through the wing.

cool, I did not know they made a TOS Romulan Bird-of-prey ornament. I like how it is tilted like its making a sharp turn.

#802 10 years ago

Bolted on one wing.

#803 10 years ago

here is a video of the scale of these ships I mentioned above. Think they would also work well as mods. They are very detailed.

#805 10 years ago
Quoted from Ilthuain:

Yeah, we already had 2 others on our Trek xmas tree. We didn't need a third.

yeah our tree is covered in Star Trek and Star Wars ornaments. Topped off with a Yoda Santa Topper lol.ys.jpgys.jpg

#810 10 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Captain; I applaud your support of that other galaxy.... but you made an offtopic post.

lolz, I still mentioned I have Star Trek Ornaments so it was 0.5 Off Topic. But you win, I admit...

If they had a Klingon Santa I would have that on my tree

#812 10 years ago

That is awesome!!! I like that much better than my Yoda Santa!! Next year I am totally making a Klingon Santa. I thought I purchased every Star trek Ornament by Hallmark but I guess I was wrong.

A-Very-Klingon-Khritsmas-300x300.jpgA-Very-Klingon-Khritsmas-300x300.jpg

#820 10 years ago
Quoted from Mycal:

My wife and I have been providing Worf with a place of honor for many years now. He normally doesn't look impaled but this year's tree was special.

HAhah, that's great!!!!

1 week later
#842 10 years ago

Question: When you enter holodeck in ST:TNG is 109mill the highest you can get? If you alternate tunnels" left/right" you will get more points. Curious if 109m is the max points possible? I suck at poker but someday I will beat Riker in poker mode.

Until then. I hope you all have a Merry Xmas this year.

Captain-Picard-is-no-Santa.jpgCaptain-Picard-is-no-Santa.jpg

#843 10 years ago

Never knew this secret mode in TNG

"In addition, there is a "Secret Mission" unrelated to these. Pull the
gun trigger when the game says "Holodeck program is ready" and you enter a
Frenzy mode. Not many points, but fun."

http://www.ipdb.org/rulesheets/2357/STTNGBOW.TXT

#846 10 years ago
Quoted from bailorgana:

Actually, I'm pretty sure 139 mil + an extra ball + an artifact (50 mil) is the most points you can get...

Do you know what the tunnel combination is?

#850 10 years ago

Thanks, cant wait to try it out.
Holodeck-Vertical-337x1024.jpgHolodeck-Vertical-337x1024.jpg

Quoted from Ilthuain:

I added a new model to my playfield, a Klingon D7 hanging out near the alpha quadrant and warp ramp.

Nice job!

#854 10 years ago

Funny, I get home from work and my wife goes... "CRAP!, I just remembered I had an xmas gift in the closet that I forgot to wrap and put under the tree lol" Check out this rug for my arcade. Its 7'x4' really cool.
20131230_203313.jpg20131230_203313.jpg20131230_203150.jpg20131230_203150.jpg

#857 10 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

saw those rugs... thought cool; but honestly; don't know where I'd put it right now.

fits in my small arcade great. but next year with a new house i may have the same problem. worst case i hang it on the wall. However, ran into a problem.... Cat thinks its a cat scratcher. he has never scratched on anything till he met this thing.

#863 10 years ago

lol, I already knew its value. but looks like its now on sale for $50

#865 10 years ago

Someone selling a STLE on CL in the bay area. $7.2k - sfbay.craigslist.org link

Quoted from JimB:

Anyone install pinballsidemirrors on STTNG? can you post a photo and let me know if it installs ok? Enough room? STLE was the tightest of all the installs I've done. There is zero extra space on STLE.

I believe they fit, or at least thats what I was told. I would have to see it to believe it.

#869 10 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

thanks, looks great, where can I get that light bar at the top back of your STTNG? I need something to light up that back area. That is perfect.

Can use any 3' LED controlled strip "can be cut shorter" or cold cathode light. Few bucks on Amazon. I have mine, just need to make the time to install it. lol

also...

Have a ton of EL-Wire. Curious how you people seamlessly install them. Just super thin/tiny zip ties?

Did you need to add any felt to the sides to prevent scratches? Lifting the PF would be hell, I assume.

#875 10 years ago

Check out my new Dilithium Crystal topper for my ST25th lol

#879 10 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Captain - you sir; are not funny.

lol, I take it you dont like the topper ?

ok, if you don't like that. How about this girls house. She spent 30k converting it into TOS Enterprise! But I think she could have done it for less. But still cool. Sure takes some big tribbles to do this to your house.
http://www.viralnova.com/star-trek-fan/

2 weeks later
#881 10 years ago
Quoted from Scottn63:

Mine is scheduled to be delivered 1/30/2014. First pin for me so pretty excited.

Congrats, just a few more days

#885 10 years ago

Congrats! --- Bend with your knees dude! lol

#891 10 years ago

Hey everyone. I have a ST25th question. I noticed my flippers are scoring extra points. Every time a flipper is fired or held down I gain points. Any idea where I should start to figure out what is causing this?

#893 10 years ago

I fired it up just now, and oddly enough it is working correctly. Others have mentioned the switch issue as well. Tomorrow I will test it some more. Sounds like it will be an easy fix.

EDIT: Not working again. Still 34,000 points via flippers and ball out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Ana, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

395 posts in this topic match your search for posts by Jean-Luc-Picard. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jean-Luc-Picard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only?tu=Jean-Luc-Picard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.