PXL_20240127_043801582.MP (resized).jpg
Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Irishbastard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5544 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Can someone tell me where to find a "Kelvin" ship mod??

I bought mine for like $7 on eBay, took less than ten min to mod it for my pin.

1 month later
#5614 7 years ago

Anyone know where I can grab one side head decal for a ST Pro?

3 months later
#5738 7 years ago

Pull the coil stop and check it, they are notorious for poping the rivet....Both of mine were broken which resulted in flippers getting stuck. Stern used crap parts...

1 month later
#5816 7 years ago
Quoted from Buildn:

My STLE has some damage to the left side back box decal, does anyone know where I would be able to get a replacement decal for the left side?
I would buy the whole cabinet decal set if I had to just to get the back box left side i need.

Don't bother contacting Stern, they will give you a generic link to a "local" distributor. Contact a local Stern dealer if you know one. They will order from Stern for you, cost around $30 for one side decal.

4 months later
#5968 6 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

I've been looking since I passed on a set not knowing when I bought my ST Pro. Would love to find a set too!

I grabbed a set at the time in anticipation of a future ST purchase, glad I did!

2 months later
#6150 6 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

Have had one in mine for 3 years waiting on the code. It fits just fine with their adapter.

Is yours a Pro? And by adapter, do you mean the standoffs that are $8?

#6159 6 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

What's the difference between LCD and LED and how does one decide which to use?

When ever someone asked which was better for ST, LCD was mentioned....That's how I decided lol. Will be here on the 23rd, will know if I chose wisely then (Also, who knows what will happen in the future, maybe movie clips can be added (wishful thinking))

1 week later
#6216 6 years ago
Quoted from Bruce:

This color dmd video is filming an LCD display in DOTS XL. Looks awesome! I don't like high res either so will likely stick to dots XL.
» YouTube video

Thanks for mentioning this, with all the bitching about the LCD I was getting worried I bought the wrong one for my ST (First ColorDMD for me as I love ST, and said "screw it" instead of trying to justify spending $400+ to myself on a dmd)

1 week later
#6317 6 years ago

Finally got a chance to install my Color Dmd....Badass!

20171108_110052.jpg20171108_110052.jpg

#6321 6 years ago

Yes, LCD...Have not played with the settings yet (other than vertical position)..I like the look, zero regrets..

3 weeks later
#6357 6 years ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

Mine came with a clear shield and the spacers, which are needed for the pro version

Mine came with shield and spacers too, when I added the $24 "shield and spacers" kit....Other option is "Display Only"

Anyway...yes, you need the shield and spacers kit to install the LCD in ST.

4 months later
#6612 6 years ago

I actually don't mind the stock caps... I looked at Zits caps, I like them....But I like the stock ones too, so it's a 50/50 for me...

1 month later
#6683 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Going to order a ColorDMD for my ST Premium. I haven't seen a HIRES video for ST, but I'm not sure I'm a fan of that look. Does anyone have their display set to HIRES? Or if you have an LCD, can you switch it over for a quick game? Short video or stills?
The $38 difference seems negligible if already spending $385. So, is LCD, with its available options, the logical choice given you can still set it to dots? Or does LCD Dot XL not compare to the LED display?

I have the LCD, easy install, looks great!...I have mine on Dot XL.... After watching video of LED and LCD, I, like many others, preferred the LCD for ST.

#6724 5 years ago

I didn't put foam around my LCD, and thought it looked good, then you guys kept saying Foam Foam Foam.....and now I can't stop noticing the gap.....Guess I need to fill the gap.. Mind the gap!

#6750 5 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

What I really mean is I don't have the money to buy 10 of these like I see is some of your game rooms. I could only dream of having some the pins I see in these forums, but I will get one of these. Just trying to predict when the best time would be. But yes, I could be spending money on more important things. Does this make me irresponsible?

Some of us bought our games before prices went stupid (Besides ST and RFM, I believe all my pins cost under $1500 (Some, $50/$100 etc))...I grabbed a Pro, because to me, the cost involved above Pro is stupid (Not digging on anyone, I just can't justify it on a toy)... Could I afford it, yes, will I spend it, no...Just buy what you enjoy and can comfortably afford.

#6758 5 years ago
Quoted from Ponzie:

Dumb question... but is the Aurich package still available to buy?
I found the order website, I just want to make sure there’s stock before I drop the Pay Pal funds...
Anyone order it recently?
Wanted to round out the colour DMD I recently put on my pro (and love)...
My cabinet sub recently got cooked somehow so I was going to do the Pinball Pro speaker kit for it... worthwhile? I already have it wired to an external sub...
Thanks!

Nope....Shut down by the "Man"....Glad I grabbed mine in anticipation of grabbing a ST in the future, which I did...He sold off some leftovers s few months ago, but I believe everything is gone now..

#6814 5 years ago
Quoted from Mister_Furious:

New Star Trek Code
V1.62 - June 5, 2018
=======================
- Fixed a presentation issue where solid shot lights in Destroy the Drill II were showing when they weren't available.
Now, all available shots blink including the roving 2X shot.
- Fixed an issue in Nero II where shots/lights were not being displayed correctly. This only occurred during multi-player games.
- Fixed an issue in Mode Select where mode select would not show up quickly between balls. This occurred during multi-player games.
- Fixed an issue in Kobayashi Maru where double scoring was timing out due to the presentation length of Kobayashi Maru.
- Fixed an issue in Kobayashi Maru where the background music was missing.
- Added sound FX and a longer light show presentation for the final shot in Kobayashi Maru.
- Fixed a problem if you Drill Down 3 deep in a mode, i.e play Destroy the Drill I, II, III. . When you get through the
last III mode, you could get robbed out of the second/third wizard mode (Enterprise Amok Multiball would not start,
and, if you made it to Five Year Mission, the game would instead start Enterprise Amok Multiball. After the last
wizard mode you couldn't start any modes for the rest of the game. It could also crash the game while in this state.
- Fixed an issue in Nero II where the shot count was not properly shown when interrupted by other modes/events.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the Magnet to ignore the "disabled" adjustment.
- Added audit for total number of one, two, three, and four players games that have been played.
- Added USA_12 Coinage 1/$0.25, 5/$1.00
- Added Sweden_3 credit pricing 1 credit for 10 Kr.
- Updated Norway coin door to 1/5/10/20 Kr for left/center/right/4th slot.
- Updated Sweden coin door to 1/5/10/2 Kr for left/center/right/4th slot.
- Updated Sweden dip switch setting default to Sweden_3 pricing.
- Updated Switzerland dip switch setting default to Switzerland_3 pricing.
- Updated UK dip switch setting default to UK_4 pricing.
- Added China Dip Switch setting (28 00111000) and currency, pricing, overrides, redemption, tournament, novelty, etc setting.
- Fixed an issue with replay score computation.
- Added ticket dispenser type "TICKETLESS".
- Added ticket dispenser motor rest time between ticket dispenses (AD_TICKET_DISPENSER_REST_TIME_MS) - default is 0 ms.
- Added ticket dispenser retries (AD_TICKET_DISPENSE_RETRIES) - if the ticket notch switch is not seen after a dispense, the system will retry
- AD_TICKET_DISPENSE_RETRIES times to dispense a ticket before marking the ticket dispenser as "jammed". AD_TICKET_DISPENSE_RETRIES default is 0.
- Fixed an issue where the ticket dispenser was still enabled after uninstalling redemption settings.
- Added timed game options to the redemption system.
- Added default redemption settings to the system for each country (DIP) install.

Just curious, if you have the "Movie Soundtrack" on your ST, will you lose it if you update the code? I assume yes?

#6817 5 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Yes you will, until someone puts it back in the new code. Or you could with Pinball Browser.

That's what I figured, Thanks....I will wait

#6845 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Here ya go. My red and blue Pincup Light Ups really light them up. https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4539

I thought those cost more...I have one on my ST, that came off my Family Guy when I sold her...all my other pins have .50 cent Walmart cupholders

#6854 5 years ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

Pop caps are awesome!
I just can't justify spending this much. Too much on mods and you loose ass on resale. If you don't mind then it's great. I have to watch my budget though. Other pins on my list are going to need mods too.

Not to dig on anyone, but that's why I grabbed the Kelvin and Enterprise Hallmark ornaments off eBay, think one was $5 other wasn't much more....cost me nothing to wire and mount them.

(Edit: $9 and $40)

#6856 5 years ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

Man, I wish I could find those for that price. If you know of any, point me to it!
Here's what I find!
ebay.com link » 2010 Hallmark Star Trek Ornament Uss Enterprise

I'm sorry, just searched my eBay purchase history, $9 Kelvin and $40 Enterprise. Bad memory, sorry about that. I grabbed the Bird of Prey for $7, but screwed up my LED install and gave up. Grabbed a few other cheap Hallmark ornaments, that's why I confused prices...

2 months later
#7053 5 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

I have heard people say that the flipper fidelity speakers don't make much difference? What do you think?

Have heard the same...

4 months later
#7157 5 years ago

$900 for a topper? Huge pass, sry...

#7168 5 years ago

Anyone else have this issue? (Happening throughout)

20190112_161508.jpg20190112_161508.jpg
#7173 5 years ago

Yup, peeling... basically from day one....Every now and then I pull the glass and press it back, slowly reappears

1 month later
#7295 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Hopefully google doesn’t freak out at this, but, this is the movie soundtrack version with the destruction of the Vengeance music added back in. The first time I destroyed the Vengeance with the regular movie soundtrack I was disappointed. So I added it in.
This is mostly NOT my work. Whoever did the movie soundtrack work did a fantastic job. This is all their work. All I did was tweak one thing I didn’t like. The Pro version is PG-13 because I added some swear words into the tilt and match sequences. The LE version is just the Vengeance change back to the original from Stern.
Pro: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZF4UYFXvdGoo6Zh-WMmjqnbDmsUn_iZH/view?usp=sharing
LE: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M2HWDkx1gyTcLqTd0MIdbneQAy6klnus/view?usp=sharing

Added 2 days ago: Whoops. That LE version I posted is the wrong version. New one will be posted within the next day or two.

Going to try your version

20190221_164641.jpg20190221_164641.jpg
1 week later
#7326 5 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Can you give details on the green ship? I can't find any info on what it is. Thanks.

It's a Hot Wheels, Klingon Bird of Pray

#7343 5 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

Do you guys play with the machine set to 3 balls or 5 balls? I've had my NIB ST Pro set to factory settings since I bought it in July 2018. I've been able to complete KM with regularity but I couldn't get to EA. I set the machine to 5 ball last night and completed EA today for the first time (with only 1 extra ball, the one after 3 warps) - what a trip! I've always enjoyed this game but now I've got renewed energy with it by reaching EA. Perhaps 5YM will actually be obtainable at some point for me now...
Am I violating some unwritten rule among pinheads by setting the machine to 5 balls?

I set it to 5 ball because I suck... royally.... Didn't look back

1 week later
#7369 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Still experimenting with it but right now this looks pretty good. Gotta clean up the mount now...
[quoted image]

Used a 44 bulb socket mount for mine, ditched the socket. Wires hidden in white Harbor Freight heat shrink wrap.

20190311_162424.jpg20190311_162424.jpg
#7385 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Here's a video I just took showing the mini LCD screen that I mounted over the Beta Quadrant ramp. This mod came with the game, but was not configured and was mounted in another location I didn't prefer.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/VVX8ajHVpMWe4K9E6
I downloaded these two videos from Youtube and converted them for the screen. I prefer the clips slowed down instead of real time since you're never focusing on the screen and slowing it down at least lingers on some cool ships and effects. I wouldn't have bought this on my own, but I think it does look great over the ramp and just adds a little something extra with an LCD screen playing video.

Those little screens are cool, I just don't understand the cost.... No one has figured out a way to AliExpress it complete for under $50?

#7395 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

New location for the little screen and I like it in this spot. Doesn't block any view and it's close enough to actually see the video if you look at it. Ramp location looked cool, but did block a little pop area view and was too far away to really see the video clearly.
[quoted image]

Can anyone educate me on how to construct this cheaply? I can spray paint a nine cent plastic surround purple for it....

1 month later
#7531 4 years ago

My decal set went on perfect, including the speaker decal which looks awesome on this pin. Kinda wish I bought the translight as well, but cheap me just got the decal set. I actually didn't even own ST at the time but loved the pin and knew I'd own one some day....Worked out Excellent work on everything Aurich! Definitely knocked it out of the ballpark on that one...

3 weeks later
#7587 4 years ago

ST hands down, Wonka just seems too kidish, and "kid multiball" too diddlerish...

Have you played Wonka? If not, I'm sorry, but I will never understand the idea of say, buying a car from pictures you see as opposed to actually putting your hands on it and taking a test drive.

1 week later
#7638 4 years ago

So I swapped out my ST 8" speaker today, for a clone of another speaker/amp system that people are installing (Sounds pretty good btw) and noticed something...My factory speaker wiring was either installed backwards, or the + - is misprinted on the factory speaker. Is this normal?

20190620_155101.jpg20190620_155101.jpgScreenshot_20190620-162458_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20190620-162458_Chrome.jpg
#7648 4 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Hey irishbastard - you can determine your speaker terminal polarities by using a 1.5v battery as pictured. The positive "+" terminal of the battery will drive the cone outward slightly (not shown, but observe it moving away from the basket) when "+" of the battery is truly assigned to the "+" terminal of the speaker. You will need to make a circuit with both battery terminals connected to the speaker. If the cone deflects inward when you make contact on the first try, "+" and "-" are swapped. You will have to trust the schematic insofar as the header to wire color assignments.
Good times.
[quoted image]

Yup, good ole Stern quality control, speaker wired backwards from factory.

3 weeks later
#7664 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Wow! And no. I get it, everyone and their brother wants to build a streaming service. But I already pay for two streaming services, and no matter how cool the show looks, I’m not buying a third. I lived not buying it for Discovery, and I won’t buy it for this either.

Kodi

4 weeks later
#7730 4 years ago

Curious...What would cause the flippers to completely die for a few seconds during gameplay? Appears to happen once in a blue moon.

#7734 4 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar123:

Yup, or it could be the connector. I was having this problem on my ACDC and it was the connector. I used the dielectric grease fix and it has worked fine ever since.
See this post...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-pro-flippers-stop-working-during-game#post-2149136

Thanks, will try it out.

#7736 4 years ago

Yes, I ordered and received the dielectric grease.... Um....err.... Awaiting "free time" opportunity to apply said grease

1 month later
#7774 4 years ago

What exactly is "factory authorized "...I have the red rocket, or whatever shaker everyone bitches about...love it.

2 months later
#7967 4 years ago
Quoted from BBC:

Hey Guys, I have a Star trek Pro. What ideas do you guys have for toppers?
Thanks, Brian

I have a heating pipe approx an inch from the top of my ST, I went with the one that came with my house as opposed to the Stern heating pipe topper, which was $38,000 (+tax and shipping).

4 weeks later
#8062 4 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

Called them and they said "call your parts distro." Emailed Terry @ PBL and he's working on it.

Stern's textbook response, they don't deal with us, the little people. Learned that when I needed one sideart for my ST head.

#8077 4 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Reminder to those whom have CBS All Access.
Star Trek: Picard
streams first episode on Thursday (jan 23).
No "time" had been given; Fans are saying 8pm... but no timezone given.
IF you are outside North America; it will premier of Jan 34 in Amazon Prime.
Saw something while the wife was watching "The View" today... Stewart is gonna be on that show on Thursday- I think.

Nice, will watch it on my "Cinema " app, Thx

Also, there are 34 days in January this year?

#8086 4 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Reminder to those whom have CBS All Access.
Star Trek: Picard
streams first episode on Thursday (jan 23).
No "time" had been given; Fans are saying 8pm... but no timezone given.
IF you are outside North America; it will premier of Jan 24 in Amazon Prime.
Saw something while the wife was watching "The View" today... Stewart is gonna be on that show on Thursday- I think.

Just watched "Picard", not bad, has potential.

#8088 4 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I just finished watching the premier of Star Trek: Picard on CBS All Access. CBS' business ethics aside... this was one of the best times I've had since Voyager went off the air. While I'm not happy with the subscription model of All Access... I am VERY happy to have this new series to fuel my inner Trekkie.
To celebrate this awesome new show; Now thru this weekend - I'm offering a sale on all my Star Trek pinball products.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1day-only-sale-capt-picard-day-6-16#post-5430279

I liked it, I definitely wouldn't pay for CBS All Access, but can't wait for the next episode. I'm curious, what time was it available on the CBS app? I noticed it on my "Cinema " app at 9am EST.

4 months later
#8333 3 years ago

One was peeling on my ST, I contacted Stern and they shrugged me off, told me to talk to a distributor. So I did, had him order one for me.

#8336 3 years ago
Quoted from DCRand:

Stern just sent a note to talk to a distributor. Sent email and they can order a set for me, $40.00 ea. Seems a little pricey. Especially if it is a known issue with the games. Might still do it, but will get the game and put it in the line up first. Might just design and print my own for fun. I'm thinking space clowns?

Yup, was $40 each back when I got mine. Never installed it lol, still sitting inside the cab.

#8338 3 years ago
Quoted from DCRand:

Give you $20 for it cause its aged and old now. Lol

It's pinball related, so worth $6k now

1 week later
#8383 3 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Welcome to the club! Lots of YouTube on how to maintain your games. Remember to clean your game ever so often with naptha and novus 2 and come back with carnuba wax. I like blitz wax but there is lots to choose from. Change your balls out maybe every 6 months or a year to make sure no pitting develops that can scratch up your playfield and plastic
Ramps. And when you are ready, upgrade your rubbers to something like Titan rubbers that not only have lots of colors to choose from to make your pin unique, but last a long time and have great bounce.
Titan also sells a clear plastic that goes around the flipper buttons that is like thick saran wrap to prevent wear and dirt to develop there.

I've found Naptha to be one of the most useless "recommendations" over the years. Highly toxic fumes, with lackluster results. Reminds me of when people recommend "Mill Wax" (Garbage). Also, who replaces their balls every six months??? Just keep your game clean and you should never need to replace them. Some of my pins are going 10+ years, same balls. Still shiny and new looking.

#8389 3 years ago

Just curious, is this dude selling prints of Aurich's design?

http://aproncards.com/index.php/nggallery/pinball-apron-cards/star-trek-stern

1 week later
#8417 3 years ago
Quoted from Juzz:

I've designed this Video Topper Mod for us Trekkies. In MHO this is the best game Williams ever did.
Star Trek The Next Generation HD Pinball Topper
LED HD 17" Screen Pinball Topper for STTNG Pinball
Fully Customizable Plug n Play
Features:
17” LED High Definition Screen with Mounting Stand
100% fully adjustable pivot arm for custom viewing pleasure
Footage and Images from your favourite characters from The Next Generation
Pop Art, Fan Art and Rare Pinball Promo
Stylish Images & Morphs, Lopped Playback
Fully Customizable HD Screen with Remote
Full Instructions for Easy Installation
Shipping is worldwide
You can see more here >
Buy it here > ebay.com link
PM me for more[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Quite a broad selection of items you sell I see... I could get an anal cleanse, enlarge and firm up my breasts, ramp up the sex drive, increase my Manhood, learn to play the lotto, regrow my hair, lose weight, get a psychic reading, grow a thicker beard, stop snoring, grow massive onions, plant some flowers, and get an almost $600 computer monitor for the top of my pin. Talk about covering all bases...

#8447 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Someone was asking me if I'd ever do a run of my Star Trek translite again, had me looking through some old photos, and I gotta admit, for the first time since I sold it I kinda miss this machine. I dunno, it didn't stick with me and I let it go, but looking at it now I'd go flip it if I still had it.
I think it just needed something to make the modes click a little better for me, there was some missing spark. The rules got polished, the game shoots smooth, the atmosphere is great, but something about playing it still felt a little "shoot the flashing light" to me. Like every mode was a little too similar, just a different color. I honestly don't know how you'd fix that.
Tell you what though, I had a really good time working up that alternate art package. Still proud of the end result. Still probably the most ambitious digital painting I've done to this day in terms of start to finish process. Wouldn't have done it if I hadn't bought the machine, was worth it for that alone.
[quoted image]

I still regret not buying your "full package", I only grabbed the decal set. At the time I didn't own a ST, but knew I would one day . If you do decide to rerun the translite, I'd be down for one for sure!

#8448 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Honestly I thought they would be crap also ..... so I made a set and they look fantastic

Thanks again for the Stl's, look cool when they light up!

20200709_122320.jpg20200709_122320.jpg
#8514 3 years ago
Quoted from Juzz:

Nah none of your assumptions are true bud.
Try learning English & start being a human.
I wouldn't sell you one anyhow. lol

Hey Juzz,
I'm sure you do "well" selling your bogus male/female "enhancements", but you won't do well here selling your extremely overpriced, AliExpress computer monitor "Topper". I did get a chuckle out of your PM Threat though. If you want to; "meet up in person" I'm here come on over.

#8551 3 years ago
Quoted from Zenomorp:

Playfield swap and restore over the next few days. CPR got a run of the playfields done recently and I was fortunate enough to snag one before they were all gone...THE NEXT DAY! The original playfield had an overlay put on it. It was crinkled, overlapped, and mis-aligned all over the place. Got all the parts and pieces I need to get this up to par again. It was 100% working prior to this, but the playfield overlay was installed so badly, I couldn’t live with it. Stay tuned!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I only read "playfield swap" then looked at the pics. Made A LOT more sense after I actually read what you wrote. I was like, wtf? Should look great when you're done, good luck!

3 weeks later
#8643 3 years ago
Quoted from Wanimal:

Just picked up this bad boy! Has the Aurich package. Anything I need to know? This is my first Stern/newer pin.
[quoted image]

Game play is much deeper with the head attached Congrats, enjoy!

#8656 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Made up a shooter rod today. Turned out soooo well I’m not sure if I’ll dip in epoxy resin
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Nice job, how did you do it? I bought that years ago to do it and never got around to it.

#8658 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Made up a shooter rod today. Turned out soooo well I’m not sure if I’ll dip in epoxy resin
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Soooo....did you just sand down the end of the shooter rod off to get it flat?

#8660 3 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

that's what i did for another game, works perfectly if the keychain or similar is the same size.

Cool, thank you. What adhesive did you use? I have a new spare shooter rod and bought that pin on eBay a while back with intentions of doing this, just never got around to it.

2 months later
#8900 3 years ago
Quoted from sebgrinke:

Anyone considering this as a topper (lol)?

Wait until after the holidays when everything is 75%+ off, grabbed a bunch of stuff cheap last year.

#8907 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Do you guys know where to find an upper left (backbox) decal? I managed to scrape it and would like to find a replacement. For STLE...maybe I’ll call Stern to see if they have any left.

Stern will tell you to pound sand, you have to go through a distributor. I know, because I had to order one. The distributor can have it shipped to your house.

#8934 3 years ago
Screenshot_20201107-203511_Facebook.jpgScreenshot_20201107-203511_Facebook.jpg
1 month later
#9156 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Ok, this is a big no in my book. I have shakers in quite a few of my games, including Star Trek. But the reason I’m saying no is to the Cointaker Red Tremor. I love Cointaker. I’ve bought games and And a lot of LEDs from them. But I put the Red Tremor into my Iron Man and hated it. It was WAY too strong. It wasn’t engaging, it was distracting as hell. It was just violent. Detuning it wasn’t a great option because the flat spots on the shafts are intended to be at opposite spots. Then trying to move the weights anyway, the metal was soft and just stripped. Since then I just pay the extra and get the Stern one. It’s not a ton of money, and is just the right amount to add to the game. Just my experience and opinion.

Does it do the job? Yes. Is it an over eager kiss as$? yup. I have zero complaints about my Red Tremor shaker in my ST.

1 month later
#9354 3 years ago

Curious, has anyone seen Star Trek Into Darkness yet? If so, any good?

9 months later
#9935 2 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Just joined the club with a ST PRO. Great condition from a fantastic seller!
Question...
Is it possible to add the USS Enterprise from Marco onto a Pro?
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/500-9830-00
Thanks! Looking forward to contributing here!

Just grab a Hallmark ornament, easy to wire up and mount and higher quality than the Stern version (also a lot cheaper, I believe I paid $7 on ebay)

20211031_103735.jpg20211031_103735.jpg
#9937 2 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Do any of you guys know where I can track down a decal that was scraped on my STLE? Backbox left side, not a big deal but I'd like to get it fixed.

Contact your local distributor, they can order one for you. Stern won't deal directly with us peasants. (I received mine that way after getting no where with Stern)

#9943 2 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:Is this the one? Seems right. 2009 version. I've been hard pressed to find one under $50!
ebay.com link: itm

Yup, I bought mine years ago but you will be able to find it cheaper if you hold out and keep searching. It's a bad time of year to buy holiday ornaments right now, aa prices will be higher. Also, don't only search by year, some sellers won't have the year in the listing. I think the one I got was only listed as "Star Trek Christmas Ornament". I got the Kelvin for around the same price, and paid $15 for the Klingon Bird of Prey (which I screwed up trying to install LEDs, I think I tossed it).

5 months later
#10239 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

buy a digital angle finder for your toolbox.. way to go.. all mypins are dead nuts level with perfect pitch. dont use the built in level bubbles.

Wait, Pins should be leveled? lol.. I only adjust feet if the game plays slow

5 months later
#10352 1 year ago

I would say, in regards to the topper, 99.9% of people coming over your house would never notice. The .01% that do, get thrown out. Problem solved

#10355 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

As a card carrying member of Trekdome.... You'd get kicked out for not noticing... Especially if you claim to also be a member

Since there is only a "thumbs up and thumbs down" option on posts..

Hahahaha

(Lack of a Third option solved)

1 year later
#10638 6 months ago
Quoted from brzezicki:

Thank you soo much, I really appreciate that feedback! I do my best to make a product that's easy to install and people feel good about buying! so I love hearing positive feedback like this! thank you so much.
-brian

Are they metal or plastic?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 9.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 24.95
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 85.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Irishbastard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only?tu=Irishbastard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.