PXL_20240127_043801582.MP (resized).jpg
Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gogojohnnyquack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7768 4 years ago

I have a Premium Vault and installed the Stern Factory Authorized shaker kit from Pinball life and it worked fine for a day but tonight it started running constantly. It stops/starts with the coin door switch as a high-volt device should, and it stops when I pull the brown/white wire connection on the shaker board. The transistor on the shaker board is very hot.

Any thoughts?

#7776 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

I have a Premium Vault and installed the Stern Factory Authorized shaker kit from Pinball life and it worked fine for a day but tonight it started running constantly. It stops/starts with the coin door switch as a high-volt device should, and it stops when I pull the brown/white wire connection on the shaker board. The transistor on the shaker board is very hot.
Any thoughts?

Thanks for everyone's input. I contacted Pinball Life where I purchased the kit and Scott Danesi forwarded me to Stern support where I talked with Chaz. He said that they had a bad batch of shaker boards and instructed me to check the Q1 transistor on the shaker board to see if it is a P22NE10L, which it is. He is now sending me a replacement board and a return shipping label for the bad one.

I'll report back how it goes with the new board. Here is a pic of my bad Q1 transistor:

PastedGraphic-1 (resized).jpgPastedGraphic-1 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#7794 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

There's a screw next to where your ball gets stuck and the pop bumper. It's been awhile, but I think it just screws into your playfield. Back it off a little until the ball doesn't get stuck anymore.

I haven’t been able to get that screw to move yet. Next is pulling the ramp for better access.

1 month later
#7905 4 years ago
Quoted from Brog319:

I noticed that the left flipper coil had a stuck coil sleeve. I was able to force the old sleeve out and replaced it with a new one, although the new one went in very reluctantly.

This is a sure sign that the coil has overheated and is now swollen. If the new sleeve has to be forced into the old coil then you need a new coil. You should also check the transistor that drives it - you will probably find that it has been replaced in the past after the original one shorted, locked the flipper in the up position, and heated up the coil. Not an unusual event.

3 weeks later
#7996 4 years ago
Quoted from arthurrag:

I have a STTNG, '93 by williams. When I bought it there was already an LED upgrade done. Now it seems there is always a couple of lights out. I open it up and check them and usually removing and replacing the lamps fixes the issue.

If you are referring to the wedge-style 44/47 bulbs under the inserts then I recommend checking the little contact wires on them. I have found that some brands of LEDs need the wires adjusted/moved/bent toward the outside of the wedge in order to make proper contact with the twist-in wedge base style sockets. Here is the socket style I'm talking about and pics of how to I adjust the wires. Comet's LEDs have a wedge shape that keeps the wires in place and generally don't need the wires adjusted.

44/47 twist-in wedge base44/47 twist-in wedge base
wires in the middle, may not workwires in the middle, may not work wires on the outside, should workwires on the outside, should work

5 months later
#8367 3 years ago

#star-trek-the-next-generation Topper Project - Make It So!

https://www.instructables.com/id/Make-It-So-Star-Trek-TNG-Mini-Engineering-Computer

FAVXUQWKB9D8LTM.LARGE (resized).jpgFAVXUQWKB9D8LTM.LARGE (resized).jpgF6SDIX7KB9D8LTL.LARGE (resized).jpgF6SDIX7KB9D8LTL.LARGE (resized).jpg

2 months later
#8725 3 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Hot glue isn’t that aggressive.

Isopropol alcohol will release hot glue easily.

2 months later
#8945 3 years ago

Time to go to school and then beat those GC scores, Trekkies! New tutorial video from Buffalo Pinball's @mcsirtuna. His #the_walking_dead tutorial gave me a whole new perspective on that game.

3 months later
#9472 3 years ago
Quoted from Flippinski:

Any advice out there for me? This is my first pinball restoration.

Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures

3 months later
#9748 2 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Looks like there’s some potential for shorting with those bare wire ends in your photo….

Word. Tidying those up is highly recommended!

1 month later
#9801 2 years ago
Quoted from DVDA:

Just joined the club with a premium and it came with a external Polk audio sub and I noticed the volume on speakers in the backbox are very low even after I turn of the powered sub. I also have more sound coming out of the sub in the cabinet than the speakers in the backbox. Has anyone else experience this? if so how do I correct this?

Sounds like (see what I did there?) the speakers in your backbox were replaced/upgraded and a sub-out was added. I did this to my #the_walking_dead and the speakers are now lower in volume than the cabinet woofer. I purchased an inline bass-rolloff inductor and volume control to balance it, but never installed them because I'm now used to the sound. The powered subwoofer should have its own volume and low-pass adjustments to blend it to taste.

4 months later
#10078 2 years ago

Mod Father

https://modfatherpinball.com/collections/star-trek

st_silver_1024x1024 (resized).jpgst_silver_1024x1024 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 85.00
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gogojohnnyquack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only?tu=Gogojohnnyquack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.