Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
DSCN3234 (resized).JPG
DSCN3233 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fifty.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9934 2 years ago

Just joined the club with a ST PRO. Great condition from a fantastic seller!

Question...

Is it possible to add the USS Enterprise from Marco onto a Pro?
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/500-9830-00

Thanks! Looking forward to contributing here!

#9939 2 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

Just grab a Hallmark ornament, easy to wire up and mount and higher quality than the Stern version (also a lot cheaper, I believe I paid $7 on ebay)[quoted image]

Is this the one? Seems right. 2009 version. I've been hard pressed to find one under $50!
ebay.com link: itm

1 month later
#9985 2 years ago

Is there a rule flowchart around here? I've only had the game for a couple months and I don't know how to get to any of the things you guys are talking about. I've only managed to finish 6 missions so far and got so excited that I insta-drained every ball I had left.

2 weeks later
#10016 2 years ago

A couple questions for ST Pro veterans out there. I've only had the game for a couple months.

1) When in a mode, and after hitting a lit shot, AWAY TEAM is lit. What is the benefit of making the AWAY TEAM shot?
2) Combos. I understand what they are, but how do you get 20-30 of them in a row? Is this done using multiballs?

#10024 2 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

For #1, that starts the Galactic version of the mode ( I forget the actual name). It changes the objectives. It can be useful at times. If memory serves, the points you get for each shot during that mode are affected by how many initial shots you got before entering the mode. Space Jump is an example. I believe the Galactic version changes the mode to one shot right up the Vengeance. This then ends the mode with that one shot. As another example, for Nero, I believe the mode changes so you have to hit the standup targets.
For #2, you get 20-30 in a row by being awesome. Most people won’t get that amount in a row. Multiball will only make it harder.

Thanks for this (and the link). Away Team seems to be worth the effort. I've made it KM a couple times now. I get too excited though and my play goes to shit and I don't make much progress before draining. Ha ha! I'll have to work on keeping calm.

The Away Team shot for me has been pretty difficult. I'll nail the shot and the ball will bounce back out before I can drop the flipper down and trap it in there. I've lost count of how many times I've dropped the flipper and managed to catch the ball between the flipper and the post. I can almost do it on purpose now every time.

Great game. I really enjoyed playing it on site and only knew a handful of the rules at the time. I'm really enjoying it now that I know where to stack the mode/multiballs and the more intricate details of the rules.

I didn't reset the scores on the pin when I brought it home. I like having something to aim for. The previous owner had 34 combos on it which seems ludicrous to me. I don't even know how close I've come to that. Maybe I'll try to see if I can reset the combo and leave the rest as is.

Oh, and 1 last question/request...

Does anyone have a clear image of page B37 of the Pro manual? My old eyes can't read the fuzzy text even when zoomed in. I just want to check the bulbs as I think my backbox has a hodge podge of bulbs installed right now.

#10028 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Just reset the whole thing. Old scores in a completely different setup don’t apply anymore. Maybe it was setup really flat or easy. Maybe he wanted to play 5 year mission so he took the glass off and manually did everything to get there. But mostly the different setup invalidates the scores. Kill them and start building your own. Invite some good players over to put on real scores to shoot for.

Hmm... All valid points. I had never really thought of it that way before, but you're right. Hell, it could have been set to 5 balls the entire time. Thanks.

#10034 2 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

I keep all of my pins on 5 ball as well. It seems like whenever I play the game I don’t get the feel for the game flow until the 3rd ball. I could care less if a guy from Nebraska on 3 ball beats my high score on a 5 ball game because I play on my own personal achievement. When I have friends over they can still try to beat the my high score on the 5 ball setting.
Besides, I think shaking the pin so hard in order to get it out of the outlines is considered cheating as well. If not, then why did they install the tilt bobs in all of the pins?

I don't consider it cheating. Nudging is a skill. Some tilt bobs are not positioned correctly, but they should be adjusted for your style of play. I like keeping mine pretty tight. Enough to allow you to nudge, but not enough to let you slide the pin across the room. If you're getting Danger, DANGER then the tilt bob is doing it's job. I still manage to tilt at home, so I think I have it tuned perfectly for me. If I'm playing pinball with my kids, then I avoid nudging. They don't have the strength to bump the machine, so I try to even the playing field for them. It's difficult to not nudge when playing them. Ha ha!

EM for me will always be 5 balls. All others are set to 3 balls. That's just my preference.

#10045 2 years ago

Hi everyone. Couple of newbie owner questions for everyone.

1) Should the Vengeance ship be tilted or level? Mine seems to be drooping down on the right side.
2) Does anyone have the -56 plastic that fits under the Vengeance ship? Looking to replace mine. Let me know cost and shipping. Please keep in mind I'm in Canada, but you can just use letter mail.

Pic
droop (resized).jpegdroop (resized).jpeg

Thank you!

#10047 2 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

I've been messing with tweaking my drop target all day and have been looking at this pin a lot today. My ship is not tilted crooked, although I can't say it's perfectly perpendicular to the back side (side to side).
As far as the plastics, mine doesn't say -56 on it. Not sure if you can buy them separate but you can buy the entire set.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/803-5000-E6
That's listed under the premium.

I wanted to avoid buying every plastic. It's just a waste. I wouldn't use 3/4 of them. Plus it's $200USD before shipping.

#10054 2 years ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

I should have that plastic, as I removed mine for the mod mentioned above. I might have an extra one of those mods actually too (long story) I'll try to check tomorrow and see if I still have them

Thank you. Let me know what you find.

4 weeks later
#10097 2 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Is there a reason why sometimes I can't use the lit torpedos to shoot the Vengence? I push the action button and nothing happens. Later in the game they do fire. I am using the latest code. Thanks.

Same thing happens on mine. I just assumed you weren't allowed to use them on the Vengeance.

#10106 2 years ago

Congrats on the fix.

Quoted from Zitt:

My understanding as well.
You can use torpedos before the first vengeance mode; thru the first mode; and up to the second... but you cannot use it during the second vengeance mode.
I believe during the second mode; the torpedo lights are off.

I need to double check this tonight. I remember the lights being on during the 2nd more and not being able to fire them.

1 week later
#10129 2 years ago

Does anyone remember what the cost of the EL paper is and how to install it? I remember reading about it, but my search skills are coming up empty.

kapsreiter I'm interested, but I'll get back to you later today. So $190USD total shipped to Canada?

1 week later
#10142 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

You burnt out the driving FET for that flipper.
Consult the manual and order a replacement or three.

Yep. Same thing happened to me on a Spider-Man. Such a dumb component. Get the upgraded/recommended ones, not the direct Stern replacement.

1 week later
#10148 2 years ago

Quick question, the bulb in the spotlight on my right sling keeps falling out mid-play. I've tried adjusting the wiring on the physical bulb and bending the metal tabs in the socket closer together so it sits in there tighter. Does this happen to anyone else? How did you fix it? I'm at the point where I am going to bust out the hot glue gun.

#10154 2 years ago

Thanks. I did also try putting some electrical tape under the wires, but I only went around once. Maybe twice would've done the trick... I'll give the two-way tape a try as well. Thanks again.

#10156 2 years ago

Thank you.

Onto other topics...

I've been going through this thread and the Titan Pinball thread, but there are not many pics of different colours on ST Pro/Prem/LE other than blue (and one orange). I'm thinking of going the clear route. I need to replace some of the rubbers around the pops so I'm just going to do all of them at the same time..

What colours is everyone using? Pics appreciated.

1 week later
#10158 2 years ago

I know this has been beat to death, but I am going a bit bonkers trying to place a new rubber order for a Star Trek Pro. I know the manual is not accurate, so I'm using the Titan DB to narrow things down. The kits there are littered with extras, so I can't tell what is standard and what is being ordered as "extras". Also, the kits there have a 1 1/2" rubber that isn't in the manual.

I've pulled together this list so far...

#14, qty 18, 7/16" O.D. (Post Rubbers)
#13, qty 04, 3/16" I.D. (Top of Rollovers)
#12, qty 02, 5/16" I.D. (Bottom of Rollovers)
#10, qty 01, 7/16" I.D. (Above Right Pop)
#09, qty 02, 3/4" I.D. (Above Left Pop, Below Right Pop)
#08, qty 01, 1" I.D. (Right of Center Pop)
#07, qty 01, 1 1/4" I.D. (Left Side Right Ramp)
#03, qty 02, 2 1/2" I.D. (Slings)
#17, qty 03, (Flippers)
+qty 01, (Shooter Tip)

I've read that the #7 rubber might actually be a 1 1/2" size. Can anyone confirm this?

#10160 2 years ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

On my premium it was 1 1/2" 545-5348-07-40. Missprint in the manual. Stern can confirm for the pro if you email them but it should also be printed on the ring if you have your game torn down already.

Thank you. Were the top and bottom of your rollovers the same size? Mine are definitely different sizes, but again the Titan DB has conflicting kits.

#10161 2 years ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

...if you have your game torn down already.

Ya, I didn't want to do the teardown until I had the new rings. I don't want the game to be offline long.

#10179 2 years ago
Quoted from hbk_life:

Hello
I just picked up my first ever pinnie and its the star trek pro. Loving it so far, however I was playing a game last night and hit a shot (i think on the right side) and this piece of plastic came down with the ball and came to rest on my left flipper. I took a look through the playfield but couldn't see anything that looked like it was missing it so hoping someone might be able to help?
Please let me know if you need more details. Can't wait to start modding and tinkering with this machine soon[quoted image][quoted image]

That looks like it's from under one of the plastics near the inlane ball guides.

#10180 2 years ago

Very proud of this score. I know this isn't a mind-blowing score to some of you, but this is the first time I've blown up this pin like this. My previous scores were all in the 200,000,000 zone. I can reach Kobayashi Maru nearly every session and I've managed to finish it once (oddly the very first time I reached it). Tonight I was in the zone!

I tripled my original GC!
1 (resized).jpeg1 (resized).jpeg

26 medals. I reached KM and had two modes for EA (which I've never been to).
2 (resized).jpeg2 (resized).jpeg

21 warps!
3 (resized).jpeg3 (resized).jpeg

54 combos (up from my previous best of 36)!
4 (resized).jpeg4 (resized).jpeg

Added it to my scores! #20 on Pinside! Ha ha!

Oh, and I lost music! I guess this is a known bug? I see others mentioning it in the high score comments.

#10183 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

That’s impressive!!

Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

OutbloodySTANDing!
I haven't even been able to crack 300,000,000! Nicely done!

Thanks guys! I was pretty hyped up! I can't wait to play after work today! I'm going to focus on modes tonight and try to get to EA for my first time.

#10192 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Can you guys backhand the right ramp? (Stern ST premium)? I can backhand the left all day long but not the right, I’m not sure if I’m having trouble with the flipper.

I can, but I have to time it exactly right and I fail often. I'm getting a lot of hum out of my flippers when I hold them though, so I'm thinking I need to replace the coil stops and plungers soon.

#10198 2 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Nothing to do with either. The bracket that holds the coil needs to be tweaked a bit. Centers the coil better for no hum.

Quoted from ectobar:

Not necessarily true. The coil stops on newer Sterns are known shit. I had to replace the ones on my JP at around 300 plays.
I have an original run ST Pre and I've rebuilt the flippers twice now. But that's after plenty of plays over the years.
If the ST in question is a newer build, stops could definitely be the culprit.

I am not going to order any parts until I see what everything looks like under there. I've read the buzz/hum can be the result of a few different things, but all of them are usually something to do with the flipper mechs.

#10202 2 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

It's been quite some time since I've posted here, but I just recently had the best game I've ever had by far. I can't even explain why or how other than everything was going my way. I hadn't been playing any more or less than usual, which honestly isn't a whole lot lately. I had already force restarted a couple of warmup games just before the big one, which is something I tend to do if I get quick drains on ball 1. I was even about to restart the big game due to draining ball 1, but I just decided to press on. The only real mods to settings from factory I have is I extended ball save a bit and lite extra ball on warp 3(think default is 4 or auto, can't remember).
My average game is usually in the 1-200mil range and getting to KM isn't all that hard. I *think* in the time I've owned this ST:Pro(mium) (since 2014), I have only ever reached EA once before, and I remembered nothing about it. I made it again this time and I was so hyped I had no idea what was going on but it was really cool. I nearly made it to FYM, with 2-3 more missions to complete. My EOG bonus was like ~40mil and had I known that I was so close to breaking 1bn, I would have been a bit more careful(dammit!). I actually made myself late for work as I was just planning on getting in a quick game or two before leaving and ended up playing an over 30min game.
I will never tire of this game.
[quoted image]

The stars must be aligning for all of us ST Pro owners! Congrats on your game! So close to the big 1B, I would have a hard time dealing with that and would have been even more late for work! Ha ha!

2 weeks later
#10236 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

The level bubbles are not accurate.

Exactly.

I honestly never use the level bubbles. They are not accurate. It's part of the BOM that could be removed and not a single person would give a crap. Just jack up the back legs and leave the front ones pretty closed. I use a regular level on the PF to ensure it's level left to right, but that's it.

6 months later
#10415 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

No. Never a mod. No one has figured out how to decode the RGB node boards or figured out another method.

stumblor created a WPC mod dubbed Pinpoint that can use sound triggers. There is no SAM version yet, but maybe if everyone threw money at him he'd develop one for us all.

https://stumblorpinball.com/products/pinp?_pos=1&_psq=pinpoint&_ss=e&_v=1.0

2 weeks later
#10434 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I’m not sure I made that clear, but I did put a GI-OCD in and still flickering. Would putting a led ocd in make the gi stop flickering?

No. LED OCD is not for GI so it wouldn't help you.

You said that the LED that flickers moves around. Are you able to narrow it down to a specific few LEDs that take turns flickering or is it seemingly random?

1 month later
#10458 1 year ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Yea I saw them OOS on Marco that’s when I began to worry, but good to know they had some recently maybe that means they can still get more.
Not a great pic but here’s the missing chunk, the ramp broke even with the protector on. I got the game 2nd hand and it came with the protectors on all ramps, but I did notice a chip off the beta ramp when the game arrived. So it’s possible there were other cracks that started and the previous owner put the protectors on after the damage started. I’ve had this machine in one of my pin parlors the last year and it’s a top 5 fav in the lineup so gets a lot of plays, I’m guessing the damage had already started before the protectors were applied and my players just eventually finished it off. I’d definitely put the protectors on before a crack starts and then you should be good to go.
[quoted image]

That sucks. Mine is busted on the left side. I'll need a replacement as well. Maybe if we all bug Marco they'll get in another batch.

2 months later
#10522 1 year ago
Quoted from joostproost:

Hi Guys! Love my Star Trek Pro! But got an issue. A lot of times the ball keeps getting stuck after the popbumpers. Between the lowest bumber and a rubber. I have to shake the cabinet a bit to get it free. Anybody else has this or resoved it? Looking for tips. Greatly appreciated.
[quoted image]

I think you're missing a rubber there. I would check the manual first to make sure. I'm not in front of my pin, but I'm fairly certain that space is too empty looking.

#10530 1 year ago

Added my rating.

Quick question for everyone: Did the 2013 release of ST Pro include a shaker or is it an add-on? Mine has one and I love it, just not sure if added afterwards.

#10532 12 months ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Add on, and I agree. It is a great addition.

Thank you. I have been curious since I bought it. Really adds another level to the game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods
Plastics
$ 10.00
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 199.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods
Toppers
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
Machine - For Sale
Spring Grove, IL
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fifty.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only?tu=Fifty and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.