Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
DSCN3234 (resized).JPG
DSCN3233 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DudeRegular.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8741 3 years ago

Good luck on getting the part. I agree you should be able to track it down by talking to a few places. That gate does matter to getting into the pops though so I would say its important.

1 week later
#8786 3 years ago

Glad you are all fixed up. The super skill shot by holding the left flipper is very common in a good number of games (AFM, Metallica, etc). There are a few (AC DC) that use the right flipper hold for the super skill shot.

#8804 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Back with another code question. What do the T-R-E-K inserts in the outlanes do when all lit up?

I think it increases the spinner scoring.

1 month later
#8916 3 years ago
Quoted from sebgrinke:

I gave up on modding the Playmates Enterprise and went with this (10 inch version) for a topper:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/519734375/star-trek-starfleet-command-united
I figure I can add a motion sensor plug later on so it lights up if someone walks close by.
[quoted image]

It looks really great man. I would leave it lit up all the time.

#8920 3 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

I'd anyone has experience hooking up/connecting led strips to the g.i. lights I would very much like to learn how.
STPRO has the light sockets for everything and I don't know where I would attach a gator clip.
Looking at adding a trough light and a shooter rod strip light.
Thank you trekkies!

On a gi socket you should be able to peel off a bit of heat shrink (if it's there) and just clip on next to the solder point.

#8926 3 years ago

Strongly suggest sticking to some form of white bulbs for GI. Cool (natural i think they call it now) white, frosted 2SMD if you really want to swap them out is what I would go with. Color in the GI reduces visibility in most cases.

#8935 3 years ago
Quoted from dtrimberger:

I’ll offer the counterpoint of getting rid of as much white as possible. All the sling and target whites are harsh and distracting. They’re also not thematic at all.
I recommend pinbulbs.com kit and then adding red/orange under the warp/left ramp to go with the explosion theme in that area.
I also put cyan to match the shield inserts and green to match the lock inserts (still undecided on these but they go well with the Klingon BOP).
Oh and red flasher for the vengeance or get out. The pre multiball pulsing is amazing in red.
This pic is a bit more purple/blue then reality. (EDIT: a lot more purple)
[quoted image]

The good thing is you can do what you want to your game. Not my style but that's ok. I would have a tough time tracking the ball with that going on.

3 weeks later
#9019 3 years ago
Quoted from FrankT:

Sharing a few pics from my Bally Star Trek restore. Hopefully I'll have it done in another week or two.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Frank, I bought a pinbot from you a couple years back. I think you were in the middle of working on a Star Trek back then too!

#9036 3 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

it freakin worked! spent some time reseating and when i turned it on it worked! Played it lastnight for about an hour.
Right at the end the center drop target started acting weird. It would up/down for no reason, not come up when it should lock a ball. Only happened once or twice that i noticed. Next time i play it i will pay close attn to it and see.
Any suggestions for the drop target issues?

Does it try multiple times to get to the up position but drops? If so the small plastic ledge frequently breaks. It was cracked and fell apart on my game and the game was nearly brand new. There is a 3d printer file running around or you can order one too. A guy I work with printed me one and it was worked great.

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-1-bank-target-rest-ledge.html

#9063 3 years ago
Quoted from Bazzy34:

How or where do you order all the right rubber for this game? My vault rubber is starting to go. Can you order it all or piece-meal?

Titan pinball has a very cool ring database that is crowdsourced.

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/

2 weeks later
#9103 3 years ago
Quoted from Aard:

I have a Star Trek Pro and want to have some mods installed on it. What are your favourite mods?
I was thinking about upgrading the plastic ramps left and right with the wireframe ramps from the LE machine. Unfortunately I don't know where to buy them.

I would bet with the cost associated you may be able to move up to a premium machine for not much more than buying a bunch of parts and trying to make it work.

#9116 3 years ago
Quoted from FugTM:

Just checking the cointaker site, shows shaker still at $109. Where do you see it for $45? Is it a discount code or something?

Their red tremor is the one on sale.

https://cointaker.com/products/s-a-m-system-shaker-motor-by-cointaker

I had one of these ina game before. It was crazy strong. Adjusting the weights helped bring it back to something a bit more reasonable. It would shape the game out the door otherwise lol.

#9123 3 years ago
Quoted from FugTM:

I couldn't help but notice these are not "Stern approved" and they mention a warranty could be voided if non stern equipment is installed.
The Stern shaker is $109. The coin taker versions are $45 although one of them is sold out.
Pros? Cons? Who has a cointaker version? Who decided not to get one and why?

In the end its your cash man. The shaker works. I have not heard about them causing issues to other parts. Shakers can shake stuff loose. You may find a random screw or nut loose in the bottom of your cab, but that can happen anyways. Do you even have warranty left on your game?

#9128 3 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

So when you install a shaker you just go into the menu and turn that option on? Nothing else to program?

Plug it in. The shaker setting by default is already on. Maximal is what I usually run. That doesn't really control the strength of the motor, but rather controls how much it is used and perhaps for duration of motor spins.

For the strength of the motor you would adjust the offset of the weights.

#9150 3 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

My ST pro flipper buttons are harder to push in than my other 10 pins. I have LOTR and TSPP and their buttons are easy as my Williams and DE. The buttons are the same as the other pins. Nothing out of the ordinary in the cabinet. Are the flipper mechs different?

Buttons and flipper mechs shouldn't have anything to do with each other in this circumstance. The buttons have a spring inside and push a leaf switch. Those are the two things you can check for your issue.

#9161 3 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Yeah, it seems to be ok I suppose. Might affect the ball on a slower shot.
I wonder if it might scratch or scrape the ball maybe?

The flaps lifting is fairly common. If you want to replace them you would need the tools and parts. They are riveted on so rivet press, rivets, and then spring steel to cut or buy the flaps precut.

#9178 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Okay so played a tonne of ST the other night and my left orbit gate is always closed but works perfectly fine in test.
Doesn’t open on launch with left flipper button held down either.
Anyone else had this??
Edit: running 1.62 code so the latest on Sterns site.

Check the orbit rollover switches by rolling a ball over them. There is a chance those aren't registering properly and not triggering the gate. Make sure to use the ball to test and not your hands.

1 week later
#9223 3 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Shaker motor installed.
How do I dial in it? Tune it? Turn it down....
I got the regular cointaker one. It's amazing. But I could turn it down a little if it's possible.

You can change the orientation of the weights

#9227 3 years ago

If you want to do the pwm, no worries. I don't think its a big deal to adjust the weights personally. Its also free.

#9243 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

I'm thinking about purchasing a ST Pro here this weekend....I've played one before and really love it. But, I cant' find a matrix that lists the dif between a pro and premium. the Pinside ratings are quite a bit different for the two, but what is the real diff? I dont' want to start a row, just would like to understand what makes the Premimu so much better? (or is that the LE?) I don't know...

Laser, light show, more rgb inserts, left eject, powdercoating. Mostly cosmetic, but they are nice cosmetics.

1 week later
#9299 3 years ago
Quoted from xddanx:

Just joined the club with my first newer Stern Star Trek Pro but I got some issues to work out...
No back box key anywhere so If anyone has a C15 key I am buying.
Vengeance has 2 issues going on, first is it scores/ freaks out at random times sometimes as soon as I start a game others when I hit it it scores multiple times.
Second is when I start the first mutliball, when you hit the second ball into the one hanging on the magnet they both hang and don't register. Any help welcomed.

Sounds like drop target or more likely opto issues. Some folks have had luck simply unplugging and reconnecting those opto connectors. Check them in the test menu. Other basics are cleaning the optos and checking alignment. Searching this thread for opto will pull up more info as well.

#9355 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I've noticed my ST pro auto ball launcher is too week to launch the ball into the pops now. I don't remember it being this way before? It just makes it to left orbit now and rolls down to upper right flipper.

Check the launcher to make sure good centered contact is being made. Then I would check the coil sleeve. You may just need a little bit of cleaning.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 26.50
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 125.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 10.00
Lighting
Yoppsicle
Lighting
Machine - For Sale
Spring Grove, IL
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 10.00
Boards
PinSound
Boards
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winter Garden, FL
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs
Electronics
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Melbourne Beach, FL
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DudeRegular.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only?tu=DudeRegular and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.