PXL_20240127_043801582.MP (resized).jpg
Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#948 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I don't know, the Pro tl is kind of blah compared the the Premium, it's just faces no color no action or colors like yours. I'd have to see it in action and not just 15 seconds, a good long clip like your vid.

See what we can do about that eventually.

#950 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I know you do great work but you would have to use licensed artwork on this one wouldn't you? Then there would be getting Gio to do the custom bb light work.

It's just not practical to get a license for the small runs I do for Pinside, so it's just gonna be grey area. If they send me a cease and desist or something then so be it. The artwork will all be original though, not using anything from posters or movies or anything like that. It's no different from The Shadow in that regard. I don't sell these anywhere else, I only do them for the community, I'm not really worried about it.

Assuming what I do appeals to people won't be a problem to get light kits done, Gio has already told me he wants to do one for it.

#952 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

But without the ship and name it would be kind of dead wouldn't it? Hope it's good and I get one before they shut ya down. I really can't see spending money on Gio's lights on the blah Pro tl, who wants to see the faces flash.

Oh I'm doing the Enterprise, no question, I'm just not going to steal anyone else's art for it, I'll do my own from scratch. To me there's a big difference between just ripping off a copyrighted image, copying and pasting some movie still (which even in HD would be pretty low rez for a translite print) or a poster or whatever, and doing my own high rez original art without asking for Paramount's permission to do it first.

No licensing department wants to talk to some guy about doing a relative handful of pinball translites for an enthusiast forum, either I do it under the radar or it doesn't happen.

Honestly I'm not worried about it, I doubt anyone will know or care, it's just Pinside, I don't sell them anywhere else.

I don't dislike my Premium translite, but it honestly doesn't do a lot for me, I'm not super stoked on the actor's faces, especially when they're sort of weirdly crammed in at different sizes with little dinky ships over them. Still working out my design, but it's gotta feature the ship, and not people, and it has to meet my quality standards. If anyone else likes it, then great! That's one thing that's nice about designing for a machine I own, as long as I make myself happy it's worth doing.

#958 10 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Translite only? if you're doing the apron cards, can you do coin reject as well?

Definitely will do apron cards, but I think I want new apron decals too. I get why there's an epilepsy warning on there, but personally I don't want it on my home game, rather have some artwork. I could look at what it would take to do coin reject labels.

#961 10 years ago

Pinbits protectors are the only "must haves" IMHO.

1 week later
#974 10 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

I posted a video of how I moved the light board and centered it with out removing the screw.

I just pushed mine down, with a little pressure it moved fine, no muss no fuss. I didn't want to pause my Rappin' 4-Tay to watch your video though, so maybe that's all you said too.

#978 10 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Would like to see what your test version looks like when viewing from the side. Peace

I can try and remember to take a pic, but it's just a black box over the whole emblem, so just imagine a strip of black plastic and you're pretty much there. I kinda want to see how necessary the box really is, might be a less intrusive way to do it. No question it works though.

#995 10 years ago

IMHO they don't really play all that similar or feel that much the same, especially with STTNG being a wide body. But if you want an honest opinion from a Star Trek owner don't buy it until the new code drops. If I was telling a friend who had to buy *right now* none of this be patient stuff? Get Metallica, it's the better game currently. The Karl Urban update could put them on more even footing. But better to wait and see at this stage.

Don't get me wrong, it's fun right now. But for a small collection where you're gonna be playing it a lot? It could use more, it can feel a little grindy.

#1005 10 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Awesome! I love the way the Premiums look in the home environment. Not at all bright red like Stern's pics on their websi

They're more red than that pic though, it's a tough color to photograph since it's a bit of a metallic candy red. It's way nicer in person for sure.

2 weeks later
#1047 10 years ago

Star Trek is a ton of fun. Some people are a little put off by the current state of things, 18 modes is a lot, and they're all fairly similar, so it could use some variety and tweaking. They're working on the big code update, who knows how long it will be, maybe save your money while they tinker with it, and then you can be set to buy it after the new code drops if they do a good job. Which I fully expect they will, but you never know!

In the meantime mine isn't going anywhere, I can wait for the code.

#1049 10 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

My wife would appreciate all the ramps. She liked how X-Men had lots of ramps to shoot. Star Trek has a lot of ramps, too...I wouldn't splurge for an LE/Premium, it would be a Pro. And it WOULD compliment TRON well. I'm guessing NIB is the best way to approach a Star Trek now? Or do HUO pop up?

You can get a HUO, there are owners now who are swerving in the game of code chicken and can't wait it out. Hey, their loss your gain.

I personally love the upgrades my Premium has over the Pro, but they really do play pretty much the same.

3 weeks later
#1104 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I think aurich may be in the midst of making one.

Sloooooowly. Keep getting distracted! Cough cough painting Sparky.

#1106 9 years ago

This is the sad truth, I own Star Trek and don't own Metallica (yet). But painting a Sparky just looked like too much fun!

#1110 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

While your designing it keep in mind a custom light board that you and someone else could co-design to light it up. That would REALLY kick ass. May be Art at Comet would be interested in something like that that could incorperate his new 6.3v colored light strips.

I think there are at least 3 different custom light boards for Helen, I didn't do a thing, people just made them. If there's demand the market will provide I guess.

#1112 9 years ago
Quoted from hawkeye11:

Ordered a ST Pro this week. Quick question, is the Pro drilled for a shaker motor at the factory? And does it come with the pcb board? Just wondering.

I believe it is. My Premium was. No PCB.

#1114 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I think it's drilled and the board comes with the shaker....I think.

Yes, the board comes with the shaker. Install takes maybe 25 minutes if you've never done it before, half that if you know what you're doing. It's easy. It's a great addition to the game, I recommend it. I'd miss mine for sure if I took it out.

#1117 9 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

The more I look into Pro vs Premium, the more I feel like I should just buckle up and buy the Premium. The wireforms look pretty rad, and the lightshow is intense.
But if I go Premium, I really can't afford a shaker, sub, or mirror blades right now.

I have the shaker, and it's cool, but all that stuff is secondary to the Premium features, and cab be added later, I wouldn't make it an issue.

#1131 9 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I've decided to just bite down and go with a Premium.

I haven't regretted it once and wished I had a Pro and the extra cash.

2 weeks later
#1222 9 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I had the issue where I went to smack the ball trapped in Vengeance and it got stuck up there. What's the fix for that again?

Apparently you need to twist or shield the wires for the optos? My Premium doesn't do that so I haven't messed with it myself.

Congrats!

#1223 9 years ago
Quoted from hawkeye11:

So do the "Shield Targets" do anything on ST Pro with the newest code? I'm guessing on Prem and LE they light the kickback?

Yes they light the kickback. I think they're useless on the Pro now. I would assume a virtual ball save at least in the new code?

#1242 9 years ago

Hmm, I don't get airballs. What's your pitch?

#1247 9 years ago

I definitely turned down my slings. I forget where they are now, might be the 18 dug mentioned.

#1252 9 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

OH! Should I use all my missiles every time I get them, or is there some strategy to saving them? I feel like smashing the button every time I see 3 lights on the field...Hell, I haven't plunged the ball normally but two or three times! I love that launch button, haha.

I personally save them. Starting Vengeance 1 isn't that big a deal, I get my hits in during single ball play, then I unload my missiles once started to drop the health so I can set up a combo for the final shot. Difference between 5 or 10 million making that combo.

#1264 9 years ago

Warp ramp lights are standard on Premium, yes.

1 week later
#1351 9 years ago

I bought my shaker from my distributor when I bought the game. Shipped separately, but was easy to just make it all part of the order.

#1355 9 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

What pinballs are good ? never replaced stock ones to be honest.

I prefer the Pinball Life Ultra Gloss:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1325

What's important is that they're carbon core, those are the kind that won't get magnetized and mess up the gameplay.

#1357 9 years ago

I'd have to check to be certain, but yes, I believe Scared Stiff is 4 balls. Doesn't have magnets so any balls will work, but I use the PBL glossies in everything.

#1363 9 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I *just* did the defuser mod using an xacto knife and some stencil material I had on hand.
Easy and well worth it. I didn't install the light blocker... not really sure I "need" it.

Light blocker makes a difference, I A/B'd it with and without. I'd say my warp ramp insert is about 90% as bright and even now as the playfield ones on my Premium.

1 week later
#1424 9 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Is there interest is the PCB set and/or a Tutorial for how to mod these?

I'm not personally interested in sticking another ship on my game, but that's nicely done. Candle flicker is a nice touch even though I guess you're not likely to ever really see it.

1 week later
#1477 9 years ago
Quoted from big_ragu:

Is this the same issue that causes Vengeance MB to start prematurely? Just started happening to my machine, I figured it was something with the Vengeance optos.

No, that's an issue with the drop target. Does the target spazz out at the beginning and register a bunch of hits on the ship?

#1487 9 years ago
Quoted from big_ragu:

Yeah, right after initial ball launch, happens when ball is bouncing around the jets.

Yup, that's the drop target. The screw on the side with the spring is pushing it off the lip just slightly, you need to either find a smaller screw head or what I did was take the screw out and run it back from the other side. Has nothing to do with the optos.

#1489 9 years ago
Quoted from big_ragu:

That was it!!! Thanks for the tip. Working perfectly now. Made a huge difference in gameplay.

Excellent. I had the same problem, Rarehero was the one who figured out that fix, so just passing it along.

1 week later
#1513 9 years ago

7.5 degrees is pretty steep FYI. Game is designed for 6.5.

#1515 9 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I was told to make it more steep to help prevent the ball from jumping. I could always reduce the pitch to see if that helps...

I personally prefer my games at the pitch they're designed for, it makes the game perform as the designer intended. I know some people like to crank up the pitch, and your game your thing, but you do get some funny results sometimes.

Personally at my 6.5° I've never had a ball jump, but that doesn't necessarily mean that's why.

#1533 9 years ago

Just sent the file for a test print of my Star Trek (Stern) alt translite into my printer. Just wrapping up my plans for the decals and then I'm about ready to share the design and see what people think.

From what I hear I'm going to just beat the code, here's hoping that's true (not that I get mine out first, but that the code is that close!!).

#1536 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

OH MAN!!! I've been waiting for this Aurich, I GOTTA see this. I want the first set. Is the tl going to be optimized for an led light board?

I haven't shown it to anyone who makes LED light boards yet, so I don't know. If there's enough interest I'm sure someone will make one, and the design would work really well with a custom board. Several people did one for Helen, see if they're interested.

I'd actually consider buying one myself if that happens.

Quoted from Spitfiren8:

I cant wait to see what you came up with, and yes, I Pinside stalk you checking for the announcement daily! I hate the translite on my pro! Can I just send you my payment now...

lol. Let me at least show it first! I just want to make sure the test print works before I reveal the design, I hate showing things that aren't done yet. Sorry to tease, I just know that I'm behind on getting this done, so I wanted to let people know it's super close and I didn't abandon it.

I'm hoping to put the translite together with a full decal package, I'm working on those now. New replacement speaker panel decal, all the apron decals including the shooter, the coin door, everything. Should make the whole thing feel stock and all tied together, like it came that way, and the print quality will be a lot higher quality than Stern's low rez line screens.

Those will need to be test printed and test fitted, why I'm trying to wrap them up. Probably have them done tomorrow.

Thanks for the enthusiasm, it's helpful to see, I just need a little more patience to get it ready.

#1549 9 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Are you making one for STTNG as well?

No, just the Stern one, with a proper JJPrise Enterprise digital painting. At least the eBay STTNG translites have the right Enterprise from the show, the crappy one someone did for the Stern game just ripped off some Star Trek Online game art that isn't even the right ship, it's terrible.

I can't stand it when those kinds of details are overlooked.

I think I finished the last of the decal designs last night, redid the coin door one, wasn't happy with my first version. I'll let them marinate over the weekend, see if I need to tweak anything, and try and send to the printer for some test print action on Monday. In the home stretch on this project, hopefully I can share it soon and see what people think.

I'm hearing good things about the new Stern Star Trek code, so hopefully everyone gets excited about the game again.

1 month later
#1632 9 years ago

FedEx should be bringing my Star Trek decal test prints on Monday. If they're good I'll announce them and the translite finally. Been a long wait for this one, been hard to be patient about not just putting the designs up, hope this is it.

#1638 9 years ago

If you missed it I *finally* put my Star Trek project live. Sorry for the long ass tease on this one, ended up taking longer than I planned, hopefully it was worth the wait if you were looking forward to it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-new-original-translite-decals

package.jpgpackage.jpg

#1640 9 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

The alternative STTNG translites are ok but nothing startling and my biggest gripe with them (at least the one i have), is that the backbox globes/led's just don't "Compute" with the artwork!!

Yeah, working on the Williams/Bally games is definitely trickier, you have to take the bulb placement into account when you design if you're doing it right. When I did The Shadow I took a pic of the backbox and kept it on a layer in Photoshop so I could reference where all the bulbs were as I worked. Meant sometimes making a layout decision I wouldn't have otherwise, but moving the lights just isn't practical.

With Stern games it's just the big dumb tube, so you don't have to sweat it. Pinball Refinery is making a custom LED light board for my Star Trek translite, so the lights can match the design instead of the other way around.

#1642 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Are you going to be consulted about the bulb placement, you are the artist after all. Are you going to offer suggestions?

I gave them one thought that they're free to ignore, but this is their area of expertise, I want to see what they do. Not their first kit after all.

I just posted a translite with a measurement grid over it in my announcement thread, so anyone who wants to try and roll their own has something to work from.

#1644 9 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

I don't understand why anyone would want an alternative translate for ST:TNG?

As someone who's a bit of an "actor on translites" hater even I think the STTNG translite feels pretty good. Matches the character of the show, no pun intended.

It helps that it's a painting, the Stern Star Trek photoshop job isn't bad or anything, but it's just not all that warm and human feeling to me. I wanted to do something that felt technical, all the curves and dimension of a spaceship, but with more of a hand drawn feel, no CGI modeling and overly perfect surfaces.

#1661 9 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

Thanks for posting those pics Z!
Those are very trick!
I am currently trying to figure out why my Vengeance drop target takes 3 hits for every one strike of the ball. Ugh

Maybe try this trick? https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stle-drop-target-problem-help-please#post-1867792

Though that's different than what that's generally addressing, which is the wild up and down phantom drop hits.

#1665 9 years ago

Aurich - Thanks for the link. But yeah, that's not my problem. When the ball hits the drop target I get "BOOM BOOM BOOM" like the target was hit three times in a row.

Hmm. But the target isn't rapidly going up and down along with it? It just doesn't drop? Because I've had the target spazzing out and giving me multiple hits, but it at least reacted. The washer trick is easy, maybe at least worth trying. My target seems to be behaving now, but I'm gonna do it anyways at some point to be safe, because it's started spazzing out randomly again before.

2 weeks later
#1726 9 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

My Vengeance drop target occasionally registers two hits when it should only register one. I remember seeing a post about this with a recommended fix, but I can't find it. Does anyone know? Thanks!

What I haven't tried yet but is supposed to really help is add a couple thin washers to make the lip the target sets on slightly deeper.

#1730 9 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I saw that fix somewhere, but I thought it was for a drop target that wasn't resetting. Mine doesn't go down (unless it is supposed to), it just sometimes registers two hits when it is only hit once. Do the washers still work for that? What's the theory? Thanks again.

I've had the target fall twice, with a quick reset in between them. I really think that lip issue is the root of multiple problems.

#1741 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Oh my god. Would it be easier to just buy all the parts and build one from scratch?

You'd be surprised what can be hiding under dirt. A good cleaning can unearth some nice games.

#1743 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

i'm sure you're right. but this thing appears to be missing most of the parts too. no slings, no cannons, no lanes, no plastics, no apron, no flippers ... and the pic only shows the lower half of the playfield.

Oh, I was assuming he'd already stripped those to begin cleaning and shopping.

#1746 9 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

yea i removed the apron and lanes etc already lol. everything works on it mostly. just need a coil for the start mission and left cannon. i plan on taking my time because this thing had been in some dusty ass storage for who knows how long.

Post progress pics! I bet you coax a good looking game out of that dirt.

#1753 9 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I've now spotted what was happening in action, and it is exactly as you described. I want to try the washers, but it is not immediately obvious to me where they go. I've lifted the playfield. Do you need to take the drop target assembly out to do this? Does anyone have a picture? Thanks!

There's a pic in a thread here somewhere. I need to do it too, if I dig it up I'll post it.

#1777 9 years ago

I know there's been some level of drama with PPS, and CPR, and PR, and everything else here lately, but I just want to say that we're damn lucky to have Kevin and Stu and the CPR team doing what they do. There are much easier ways to make a buck if you want to work that hard.

Gonna be some nice old school Star Trek pins soon!

4 weeks later
#1835 9 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

I am looking at picking up a ST is a premium a must or is the pro good enough. My budget is closer to the pro...
Thanks
Lisa

I honestly find the Pro disappointing after being used to my Premium. I'd never downgrade. But the gameplay is super similar, so from a pure "playing" perspective you're not losing much.

1 week later
#1871 9 years ago

Upgrade right away, there is absolutely no reason to play on old code. And yes, it's easy to do.

Enjoy!!

#1878 9 years ago
Quoted from JesterPinHead:

Thanks Aurich......just looking forward to the design upgrade as and when you place your next order That said, machine already looks very cool in my opinion and therefore will only get get better!

Meant to get that order in yesterday actually, I'll try and take care of it today. Got sidetracked helping someone repair missing art on an Iron Maiden backglass.

#1882 9 years ago
Quoted from JesterPinHead:

Just let me know as and when you need money transferred etc and I'll get right on it.

Just verified that you're on my list, so you're set, I'll contact everyone when they're printed.

#1883 9 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

So, looking at buying another collector's ST Pro and he says his balls stick sometimes on Vengeance Multiball. I do not believe he has called Stern yet on the issue. It seems like new boards or wire twisting can help fix this issue. My friends, who own ST say that their pin does not have this issue.
This issue is the only thing that is holding me back from buying his ST or any ST actually. How concerned should I be and are there any steps to take before I buy?
Any help is appreciated. Thanks

I heard through the grapevine that the next software rev is going to try and fix that issue again. For what it's worth mine doesn't do it. Some people have reported luck with the fixes you mentioned too.

#1918 9 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Well I added washers and all good only issue now is the target sits a little bit above the pf when down any ideas guys please.
Maybe the washers are to thick?

Hmm, the washers should only move the target back in space, not up. Maybe post a pic of what you did?

#1922 9 years ago

That does look a little thick to me too.

#1930 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I have this problem, the drop target will drop 3 times sometimes not always, or sometimes when I turn on the game and hit start it will auto launch the ball.
I was curious if these are related problems, also how do you test or fix the opto or drop target? Is there a DIY thread or video? Or a service page from Stern?

That's the issue the washer fix we're discussing addresses.

#1933 9 years ago

rai just scroll up a bit. See the washers added to the drop target? That's all you do, move the plastic just slightly away from the metal. Those washers were too thick in that pic, you just need little thin ones. Nothing else to it.

1 week later
#1988 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

The STTNG does have the color DMD installed....just happen to snap a pic that does not show that.

I won't lie, when I'm taking a pic of my machines and Scared Stiff is in there I wait for the title screen that's in two colors to come up.

3 weeks later
#2173 9 years ago

Help! I'm driving by Marco's tomorrow and wanted to pick up some of the Clear Superbands that go over the posts on STLE.
I read SOMEWHERE - I thought in this string in the club - that Steve Ritchie said he would have used them exclusively had they been available and someone posted a pic too.
Well, 30 minutes later and I still can't find the post. Can someone with a higher IQ point my feeble mind in the right direction? I've done dozens of different searches but can't seem to locate it. I want to pick up the right number so I have a nice little project over the Holidays. Then if I get cash for Christmas (I know I sound like a little kid) I'm ordering from Zitt some Pop Bumper covers!!! Come on Cash!!

He didn't specify. Here's what Steve Ritchie said:

I don't recommend the use of post sleeves on the mini posts in place of the rubber donuts. Sleeves have too little rebound for my tastes, and they don't belong on ST. "Says who?" Says The King! You can use sleeves, but I will laugh and jeer like the Black Knight when I see your game.

There are some great new urethane post, mini post and flipper rubbers (Super Bands) available from Marco that are super durable and provide great rebound. They are manufactured by C.U.E. led by Joe Scalleta, and come in a full range of colors and styles. I wish I knew about them and not sure they were even available before ST production; I would have specified them on all models. They show no wear at all after hundreds of fun plays in my testing.

1 month later
#2411 9 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Kickvote initiated against AstroPin for blasphemy. Can I get a second?
*ANYONE* who thinks the second was anything but trash needs to have their head examined. I'm tried of JJAbrams ripping off great movies and making them sh*t.

Sorry dude, but this Trekkie purist attitude people pull on the new flicks just feels silly to me. I thought they were really enjoyable films, both of them. Thank goodness they weren't rehashes of the old Trek films. Especially the Next Gen ones, which felt like made for TV movies, just long episodes of the show.

No one can "ruin" an old movie by making a new one. The old one is still there. Watch your old earworm Khan flick any time you like. Enjoy it. Enjoy an alternate take in the new one.

1 week later
#2505 9 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

There are all these platforms at different elevations without railings. Who would design something that way?!

#2535 9 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

I'm working on it,I gotta have a friend buy it for me so my wife doesn't find out I'm spending more money.

I need to start offering a plain brown wrapper option, like ordering porn or sex toys or something.

THIS PACKAGE DOES NOT CONTAIN ANYTHING PINBALL RELATED.

#2537 9 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

And how do you know what porn and sex toys come in?

Hmm, well I will admit to never actually ordering porn, but as for the other, I plead the 5th!

1 week later
#2586 9 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

I'm also starting to see a single vertical line showing up sometimes on the DMD. It's not burn-in because it is not always there. Sometimes it will be there when I turn the game on, or sometimes it doesn't show up until the game has been played for awhile, or not at all. Kind of hoping that ColorDMD makes one for ST already.

Talk to your distributor about warranty. I have that issue on my Metallica but it was out of warranty.

Good news is Star Trek is on the ColorDMD list for this year.

#2589 9 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Do you think the LE will need a mounting kit that we'll have to buy from an other vendor?

Their site still says "Installation for the new Stern backbox design used in Star Trek requires additional mounting hardware (not included) available from Pinbits."

I have no idea if that will change by the time the coloring is actually ready.

#2591 9 years ago
Quoted from dug:

The mounting kit with and without the clear shield is available on ColorDMD's website.
http://shop.colordmd.com/pinbits-clear-shield-and-mounting-spacers-for-new-stern-cabinets/

Should update the generic Sigma page to link to that dug.

#2623 9 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

I'm hoping my translite gets shipped this week

Possibly at the end of the week, but if not by the beginning of next week. They're on their way to me now.

I'll send out the payment emails shortly.

1 week later
#2658 9 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

Any news on the Alt. Translite?

Yes. I have them! Sitting in a box, that I haven't even had time to open yet. I'm just trying to get these Metallica hammers out the door, and then I'm going to email everyone about Star Trek being ready.

I'm just juggling too many things at once, getting the hammers out the door will free me up.

#2665 9 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

As suspected, hitting the flippers with the ball in the vengeance registers hits. During vengeance battle, I can just hit the flippers a bunch of times and finish the mode before the drop target drops. Anyone now of a way to fix this?

I've heard of other people having this issue, but I'm not sure what the fix is. It's not normal behavior obviously.

#2679 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I have Aurichs alt. translite in mine and am think about the Pinball Refinery backbox led light board that is tied into the game play for his translite.

I definitely like it, adds some nice interaction to the art. My favorite part is how the planet glows blue when the scoop flashes.

1 week later
#2723 9 years ago
Quoted from Turboderf:

Hello folks I'm joining the club I just ordered a ST pro

When does it arrive? I know I said I'd try and make sure I had a translite for you.

#2730 9 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I wish I could be excited about a new STLE code release... I've been waiting for way to long to get my hopes up.

Feel the positive vibes man, your lack of hope will be washed away.

#2744 9 years ago
Quoted from Fresh_Wax:

I watched the vid also, it's too bad they still didn't catch the multiple repeats of call outs... DD2... oh well

That's just someone using Pinball Browser to change the music I assume, nothing they can do in that about callout order.

#2745 9 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

I'm confused lol is this the new code or just the new sound on the new code?

That's not the new code.

#2750 9 years ago

This is a good thing! That means that there's new shit that video isn't showing!

There's good news coming, everyone relax. The wait sucks, the communication sucks, but I'm feeling good about where we're headed.

#2753 9 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

That said, Stern should really be promoting the good news on their web page and Facebook, and not having me find out just because I know people and sharing.

No argument there. The new code is a good thing, and people will be pleased, but Stern still sucks in the entire code department. But no point in letting that ruin good news.

1 week later
#2843 9 years ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

Wile the new code is great with the fixes and new stuff, I am still bummed about not adding the main movie theme

I like the music, I don't wish any of it was changed. It's all high energy, good pinball playing music.

The main theme from the movie is great, but I don't think it particularly works to play to personally.

#2851 9 years ago
Quoted from CosmosBandit:

Right on. I am starting to feel part of the group on Pinsiders. A lot of cool people here no doubt. Would like to find some gatherings to attend and meet some likeminded players sometime. I'm recently free to explore life again and discovering some new/old hobbies would be a good start.

Just a suggestion. You'll have a lot more luck fitting in and finding people and getting deals and all that good stuff if you put your location in your profile.

#2852 9 years ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

Sure it does, it defines the Star Trek Reboot. Did not Williams Star Trek The Next Generation have original Star Trek music? Did not Data East Star Trek 25Th Anniversary have original Star Trek music? Hell even the Bally Star Trek played the Star Trek start up tune. All we get with Stern Star Trek is fake music that sounds like Star Trek music which don't get me wrong, it's great music but is it too much to ask for one original track from the two movies that this pin is suppose to be made after? Ok rant over. Don't get me started about the Dots.

Eh, I just don't agree. I think the original theme is bad pinball music. It's great for the movie, but has too many slow passages, too much atmosphere and not enough energy for the game.

It not being in there isn't a loss for me. If I want to here that theme I own the blu rays.

3 weeks later
#3019 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I do believe I read an article or saw an interview where Stern said several different people worked on the dots. That might explain this and the inconsistent quality of the dots.

I can confirm that multiple people did the dots.

Metallica has the crown to me for best dots Stern has ever done, Star Trek's are too uneven for me to really love. But they get the job done, not bad or anything. Just not awesome.

1 month later
#3198 8 years ago

It might be time for me to leave this club, thinking I'll sell my ST Premium. I have to admit though, seeing the photos in here does make me realize I'll miss it a bit. Just not playing it though, and I need to free up a slot, I've hit max capacity.

Maybe I'll pull Helen out of my swap box and put my Star Trek translite in it instead.

#3204 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I'll be sorry to see you go. You have done soooo much for us owners.

Heh, thanks man. Honestly I bought the game wanting to do new art for it, so even if I let it go it was worth it. Fun project. I even beat Stern to the punch with full color speaker decals for that style backbox!

#3209 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

What are you thinking of replacing ST with?

Probably ACDC Premium. Similar style of game, will keep that slot in my collection oriented that way. I like to keep things mixed up.

#3213 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfanoz:

Aurich, the translite is beautiful. Just got it put in with the panel overlay. Looks amazing on a premium!

Thanks man. I'm pretty partial to it in a Premium too.

Someone is coming by tomorrow to look at the game, and leave a deposit if he wants it. I'm hoping there's one more software update for all you guys though, I think it still needs a little polish and love. I'm sure Dwight will take care of it if he has time.

#3217 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

As far as I understand; Dwight is going to add a layer of polish. I wouldn't expect much, just polish and fixes. STLE is tied with LoTR for my all time favorite pin. Love everything about it - just need a color dmd

Yeah, doesn't need new rules, and he made it kind of clear they're not really thinking in that direction anyways I thought. Just polish would be good.

Color is being worked on!

#3224 8 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

SO the first pinhead with a red heart

I like your style.

#3249 8 years ago

Welp, I'm out of the club, Star Trek was picked up today. I'll be replacing it with an ACDC Premium on Sunday.

I'm going to order a new run of translites/decals on Monday for everyone who's still on my waiting list. If you're interested you can sign up here:

http://www.aurichlawson.com/startrek/pre-order.html

I'm keeping one of my Star Trek translites to put in my swap box, so I'll still spiritually be a member!

#3252 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Aurich if you ever consider doing another AcDc translight (not Hellena) I'd be interested.
Maybe a band artwork like Met, or Hells Bells with imps.
Something not R rated.

Not in the cards. There's a reason the project was closed, and it means no going back to that brand.

Honestly I won't do anymore Stern translites from here on out, it's not a good space to work in anymore. As long as Star Trek isn't shut down I'll keep it alive, but that's the end for that.

I'll still do Stern mods, but nothing branded. And it's tough to do a translite without a brand.

#3254 8 years ago

Paramount has been surprisingly lenient on Star Trek fan based material.

Yup. But not gonna go down that road anymore. Especially with Stern selling their own branded mods now.

#3256 8 years ago

Curious. I would have assumed you already owned an AC/DC because of the translite you made.

Heh, nope. It was just a fun project I did for people. There's a history for it in my Helen thread.

But it was hard to do without owning the game. That's why I bought Star Trek so early. Needed something to reference.

#3259 8 years ago

Well I can tell you that people have looked the other way on Star Trek. Not speculation, it's a fact. And I'm grateful for it, I just want to do fun stuff for people. I'm not gonna quit my day job to make pinball mods, that's for sure.

But like I said, I am done with Stern translites, or anything branded for Stern games. Just too much stress there. This is supposed to be something fun, not something that creates drama.

If I can find the time to finish this in-progress Metallica mod it's totally unbranded with the band, so nothing stressful there.

1 month later
#3434 8 years ago

I just got my last order of my Star Trek alt translites and decals in that I'd placed with my printer before I had to shut down my project. Most of them are claimed already, but I have a small handful left of extras. Once they're gone that's the end of it, won't be printing any more to respect Stern's wishes. Shoot me a PM if you're interested, first come, first served.

Translite.jpgTranslite.jpg

installed.jpginstalled.jpg

#3437 8 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

Oh man, don't let this opportunity pass by if you can.
I totally understand and respect your reasons for pulling the plug on the project, but it sucks nonetheless that these will be the last that will ever be made of these beauties. I almost feel like ordering another set just as a backup, but wouldn't dare be that greedy and deprive anyone else one of these.

Haha thanks guys. Is what it is, I'm respecting the request.

1 week later
#3521 8 years ago

Heh, technically the custom panel is Refinery's, I just gave them them the dimensions to work on it. A little pricey for what you get, but I'll admit it really is a nice touch. My favorite part was how the planet flashed blue whenever the left eject fired.

#3526 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I think everyone on this thread that has your tl knows that.

Well if you're not one of them I just checked, I only have 6 left, and then that's that.

1 week later
#3584 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

WOOO HOOOO MOTHER TRUCKERS I FINALLY DID IT!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Just tuned my warp ramp and think I got it dialed in nicely. This all happened on game #2 after tuning.
image.jpg

This is why I sold my game before you could come play it!

#3624 8 years ago

I never got the Vengeance mod before I sold my machine, but I thought it was cool for sure. Everyone loves shit that lights up!

#3633 8 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Aurich, just wanted to personally thank you.....I bought your Trek art package off another pinsider..........Wow, you have got one great eye brother. Thank you for doing this package and sharing you talent with this community.

Thanks man, glad that worked for you. I think I have 4 left still, I should check. Have one to pack up actually, wasn't able to get to it today, will get it out tomorrow.

Then that'll be all she wrote.

#3637 8 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Oh shoot, I thought they were all sold out. I would have bought it off you.

No worries, these are just the extras I had from the last run. Once they're gone that will be the end of it, but I'll just hold onto them until people want them, no rush or anything.

#3671 8 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Just getting ready to install my speaker panel decal from Aurich, does anybody have tips on how to do this.
Do I remove the panel ? How do you keep it smooth without bubbles or wrinkles?

I'm not a decal expert, so if anyone has more advice please offer it. But I've done it myself several times.

First off, take your stock decal off. You can store it on the back sheet from the new decal if you want to keep it.

I did not clean the metal panel in any way, I don't think it's necessary. I wonder if some people who had adhesion problems actually left some kind of residue behind from cleaning. I know I had no issues just taking stock off, putting new one right on afterwards.

I did it solo, but if you have a second person to help hold it then I bet it's easier. You need to hold it up to get it lined up, and then I pressed down in the middle, and smoothed it out from the center towards the speaker holes. Less chance of getting an air bubble that way I think.

No need to remove the panel, I did it in place. I guess you could if you wanted to.

#3674 8 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Thanks Aurich
Actually didn't realize I needed to remove original decal.

You could put it over the original I guess, but it won't be as clean. I got your PM, I'll take a look.

#3682 8 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Same here. The existing speaker panel wasn't removing easily so I decided to leave it on. New decal looks fine on top of it and no problems so far.

Glad to hear it!

2 years later
#6412 6 years ago

I'm cleaning out the garage, if anyone was looking for my now out of print translite/decal package you might want to PM me.

#6417 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm cleaning out the garage, if anyone was looking for my now out of print translite/decal package you might want to PM me.

Sorry to quote myself, but I've discovered chatting with people over PM that I apparently did this so long ago there are people in the club who've never seen it. Only have a couple left, but sharing pics of my old Premium with it installed. Was a fun project, the time for these underground unlicensed mods is kinda over now though.
cabinet-front.jpgcabinet-front.jpg
trifecta.jpgtrifecta.jpg
spinner.jpgspinner.jpg
shooter-housing.jpgshooter-housing.jpg

#6420 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Picture doesn't do it justice, the closer you get to it the more detail you see. Incredible HD quality with perfect light diffusion.

Thanks! I don't want to toot my own horn, but I have to say I'm pretty proud of this one, was a really fun project, and I'm pleased with how it came out. Was a real challenge to do it from scratch without using any existing art or 3D models, by which I mean digital 3D, since I did build a physical model to photograph as a reference to digitally paint over.

I totally understand why Stern asked me to stop doing them, they gotta protect their license. The days where you could do things quietly just for the community are gone, Pinside got too big for that.

#6428 6 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Aurich, I'm interesting a small subset of the set if you have any that are incomplete due to damage of the larger set. I could use the shooter housing.

Not sure if I have any extra loose decals, someone else asked too, I need to dig into my garage stash to look.

All translite/decal packages but one are spoken for. Some people have asked if I'd break the last one up, but I'd rather not, it's all packaged together. Someone will want the full set.

#6430 6 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

right thing to do. Someone is ALWAYS looking for this set for the pro.

And they found me, just waiting for payment, but last one claimed. Thanks everybody

Edit: n/m he just paid, officially all gone!

11 months later
#7148 5 years ago

Edit: This has been sold, thanks!

Doing some garage cleaning, got a Star Trek package, last one, if anyone wants it PM me. Translite, full decal set with speaker panel and all the other decals, instruction cards. All pictured (there's a removable protective sheet over the translite, why I can tape things to it).

First come first served.

IMG_8389 (resized).jpgIMG_8389 (resized).jpg

3-quarter (resized).jpg3-quarter (resized).jpg

#7151 5 years ago

Thanks guys, someone has claimed it, pending payment.

Edit: Paid and packed up

#7153 5 years ago

You’d be surprised what I find out there.

At some point need to dig up the AC/DC club thread ...

4 months later
#7514 4 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

MM & ST are such a good combo.

That's a good looking ST!

I was telling someone about my process for making that alt the other day, made made me a little nostalgic for my game. Was a really fun project to do.

3-quarter (resized).jpeg3-quarter (resized).jpeg

#7516 4 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

But it's not just your trans art, but the speaker panel and all the other decals/stickers/cards that really spruced up this game.

Thanks. It's probably the most 'complete' alt package I'll ever do for a game. Stern stopped doing the boring black and white speaker panel decals that inspired me to redo the decals in the first place for one. They don't even have them on LCD games now. And of course the days of unlicensed underground mods like this are basically over. Which is understandable, and fine, but yeah, that's why I no longer advertise it.

#7520 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I just bought an AC/DC translite from Aurich and it looks fantastic. Thank you for your work Auruch!

You're welcome! It's honestly gratifying to make people happy. It's nice to make a little side cash selling stuff, but I dunno that I'd have the energy to keep it up if people weren't really great about giving positive feedback.

I kinda ran out of steam for new pinball projects after Alien, trying to get my mojo back for some new stuff. Slow going, but I have multiple mods in various states of progress.

Part of the problem is I haven't been playing much or buying new games. My Star Trek package came out of me buying a Premium and wanting the actor headshots gone, it's easier to be motivated when you're driven by personal reasons heh. Not that it's helped me finish my damn Metallica mod ...

#7523 4 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Love it. Missing the speaker panel, though..

Huh, I see the rest of the decals, how did that happen? I've only ever done them as a complete set.

Quoted from hawkmoon:

I also still have Aurich's art pkg.on my ST Pre! Thanks Aurich! Didn't know you were so shy! Missed you 2 yrs ago at PAGG.Any chance you will ever show up here again????

Haha, I'm not shy, if you see me at a show come say hi. But I haven't been to PAGG in years. I did do Golden State last year. I don't go to shows as much these days. Burned out a little I guess. When I do go it's mostly to see people, I can play games any time.

#7526 4 years ago

Hmm, not aware of any decal printing problems, odd that you thought something looked wrong.

#7528 4 years ago

The decal isn’t hard. But it’s easier if someone helps you do it, more hands to hold and smooth.

#7534 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I just got a Shadow and I'm looking at getting a Star Trek. I just found it a bit funny that they both have Khan Multiball and Vengeance mode.

Good right upper flipper loop action on both too!

#7537 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Hey Aurich,
Do you make a Demolition Man translite?

Nope. People have asked me about that one over the years, and to be honest I just don't have any interest in trying it. I like the movie, it's funny, but it doesn't speak to me in any way, and I have no idea what a good idea for that translite would even be.

This is just side stuff for me, and I haven't really had the time to work on projects for a bit, but I have something in the works that might come to light at some point for another 90s pin. We'll see. Not Demo Man though.

1 week later
#7551 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I enjoy your work every day on mine!

Thanks! I'm doing a few for some folks now, might have a couple extras if anyone is interested. PM me if so.

#7553 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Are you going to do another run of Shadow?

That’s happening right now. PM me.

1 week later
#7584 4 years ago

I sold my Star Trek because I tired of it. But when I play it now elsewhere I still enjoy it. It's a good package, just didn't hold my long term interest gameplay wise.

Wonka is a game I have not played, and cannot judge on the merits of the playfield. But the sound package would prevent me from ever wanting to own it. Everyone has different tastes, but find a stream and listen and be sure you're cool with the sound.

1 year later
#8391 3 years ago

Hey guys, no need to worry about the cards, Mr. Tantrum asked my permission first, and I said it was cool.

As always, all of my card designs are free for anyone to download and print themselves from here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aurich-free-play-instruction-card-repository

But if you don't have a decent printer and/or you'd rather pay for someone else to do it and send them to you that's an option I'm cool with. No different than getting prints at FedEx or Walmart or something, but it's a pinhead taking care of you.

I've included them as a bonus in the past with my translite, but it was always just for convenience, since they're free if you want.

Appreciate you all looking out for me though!

2 weeks later
#8446 3 years ago

Someone was asking me if I'd ever do a run of my Star Trek translite again, had me looking through some old photos, and I gotta admit, for the first time since I sold it I kinda miss this machine. I dunno, it didn't stick with me and I let it go, but looking at it now I'd go flip it if I still had it.

I think it just needed something to make the modes click a little better for me, there was some missing spark. The rules got polished, the game shoots smooth, the atmosphere is great, but something about playing it still felt a little "shoot the flashing light" to me. Like every mode was a little too similar, just a different color. I honestly don't know how you'd fix that.

Tell you what though, I had a really good time working up that alternate art package. Still proud of the end result. Still probably the most ambitious digital painting I've done to this day in terms of start to finish process. Wouldn't have done it if I hadn't bought the machine, was worth it for that alone.

3-quarter.jpg3-quarter.jpg

#8508 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Sometimes its not even the mods..... like the hammer in Met.

Just need the right mod to fix it.

Metallica Hammer of Justice.jpgMetallica Hammer of Justice.jpg

#8523 3 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Also, if Mario does find one sooner, I'd be interested in being a backup buyer... I just learned about the Aurich decals last night (only five years too late), and am socially interested in the speaker decal (but would gladly purchase both), cheers!

Sorry, haven't answered your PM yet. I might have some extra decals lying around, I'll have to dig. I accumulate stuff over time that I stash away and then forget about. I used to make fun of my grandmother for finding Christmas presents she'd forgotten about in a closet during the Summer, but I'm slowly turning into her ...

#8526 3 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Based upon the interest level, maybe it's time to do a mini run of star trek package aurich?

It's not really something I advertise anymore out of respect for Stern, but if I had enough interest to do a quiet run I'd be willing to.

Quoted from GoodOmens:

I PM'd you a while back looking for a translite and assumed you didn't respond because of other things but guess you were just swamped.

My bad, when I took that year off Pinside I missed a lot of messages. I went back through most of them, but I still have some I haven't replied to, you're probably in there. I'll do another pass.

(Edit: Done, messaged everyone who had asked, sorry again for the delay in response, I'm around again and easy to reach now.)

3 weeks later
#8647 3 years ago
Quoted from Wanimal:

Has the Aurich package.

He said package.

Speaking of ... I've been getting people asking me about it lately. If I had maybe 4 more I could probably do a little run of them for folks. PM me if you have any interest.

2 months later
#8886 3 years ago

I'm doing a small run of my Star Trek translite/decal packages if anyone is looking to ditch the actors and pimp their game up some. I think most people who were interested have already contacted me, but just dropping a quick note in here to PM me if you weren't on my list and you want in. Closing the list soon, so kinda last minute call.

#8890 3 years ago

My days of doing titles with licenses like Star Trek are over to be honest. There's a reason I don't advertise the Stern one anymore and just do these little personal runs for people. Happy to do it quietly, but if you start a new thread full of pics you're just asking for a polite email asking you to stop.

So it goes, not mad about it. But that's how it is now, mods are a big business instead of fun community stuff more like back when I started.

Just means if you get one of these packages now it's a bit more special is the way I look at it.

#8895 3 years ago

Waiting to hear back from two people about alt Star Trek package, then I'm closing the list and putting the order in. Still getting a few trickles on interest from this thread though. If you want in just let me know in the next couple days then I'm moving forward. Thanks!

eject (resized).jpgeject (resized).jpg

#8908 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

One other little touch was I swapped the yellow dome for a blue, it way easier on the eyes. The whole area of the top right near the pops is blue no idea why they put that blinding yellow dome. Just some easy mods on the cheap.

This might sound a little crazy, but on my old Scared Stiff when I swapped the flashers to LEDs they were way too bright, so I baffled the inside with teased out cotton balls. Never did set anything on fire heh, and it diffused everything to a really nice glow instead of a painful searing light.

Now that I think about it I'd probably do it by 3D printing a little inner sleeve in translucent filament these days. Less of a fire hazard. Modern tech!

I see you have my speaker decal installed from the reflection in the glass, nice little easter egg for me. Speaking of, I've closed the alt translite list and am submitting the order to my printer this morning. There's always a couple folks who see this stuff late so I'm gonna spring for a couple extras for whoever asks me for them, or I'll post a reminder here later after I have them in hand.

#8928 3 years ago

UV LED bulbs for pins are dim to the point of being worthless in my experience. I wouldn't bother.

2 weeks later
#8999 3 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I'm surprised there aren't any neat alternative decals for it though.

Speaking as the person who'd done the most (as far as I know!) alternative decals for Star Trek it just never made sense to me to offer new side art. Most owners wouldn't want to peel off their nice original decals to install alternatives. Just too much of a headache. Means a limited market for it, not worth the effort to design new ones.

I did the new speaker panel decal, but that's because the original one sucks. It's just that lame black and white texture. For the games after Star Trek that Stern made with that same metal panel they did proper color decals, but Star Trek got screwed for whatever reason. I'm obviously biased since of course I prefer my version, but just in general I think the speaker panel looks better with color art. (Or if you want one of the above metal panels that's cool too, whatever floats your boat, I just think the stock look is boring.)

translite+panel (resized).jpgtranslite+panel (resized).jpg

#9006 3 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Put some Pinstadiums in it and wow, this machine is really fun. I honestly just grabbed it because it was such a crazy good deal, but I'm thinking of upgrading to a Premium.

Mechanical feature wise the Premium doesn't add a ton, it's basically the same game. But the full RGB inserts alone make it a much cooler experience imo.

I made the mistake of buying my NIB Premium early, when the code was raw, and burned out before Dwight started working on it. Ended up selling because I wasn't playing it enough. Good lesson there, buying early definitely not always a smart play. But I never regretted going Premium.

#9016 3 years ago

I'm packing up this little run of alt packages this weekend. Still have a few extras left, if anyone wants in shoot me a PM. I don't do these often, not saying this is the last time, but always a chance it might be.

IMG_1894 (resized).JPGIMG_1894 (resized).JPG

#9030 3 years ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

I have the Aurich alt package coming

Hopefully soon, the tracking is a mess on things right now though, I don't see them updated yet. Post office was a zoo when I dropped everything off yesterday, not really counting on 2 day priority to count this time around. Just that time of year, plus the pandemic isn't helping.

Edit: Tracking should be working now, looks like most people should get their package by the weekend. I definitely picked the worst possible week to try and ship things I think!

#9045 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I did this DIY speaker light mod, I posted in the 3D Printing thread but figured people might like it here.

That looks great, perfect match for the decal design. Smart idea, I like your model. Pretty good for a first attempt, what software did you use?

#9047 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Just FreeCAD, I was considering putting the insignia in the ring so it would be a silhouette. With your art It just felt like they perfectly represented the warp drives so left them out. I think it was the right choice I love how they came out.

Less is more, I think that was a good call.

I started to learn Fusion 360 but got a bit overwhelmed with the time I was needing to spend really learning it. My fallback for doing simple stuff is to just use TinkerCAD. You can do surprisingly complicated designs with it, very useful for whipping up functional stuff.

#9051 3 years ago
Quoted from FugTM:

Hi Aurich, I am waiting on mine too. Tracking shows it was supposed to be here Friday and it's running late, not a big deal, it will get here I am sure but an FYI for you is that this is very typical of the post office right now and not just because of Christmas. Since about June or July they have gone to shit. I had two priority mail packages coming from Illinois to Ohio back in August. The 1st package took 6 weeks! The second package did a bit better @ 3 weeks. Ever since that happened I stopped using the post office for packages and I won't use them again until they get their crap together. Don't be surprised if you get a lot of late deliverys from them.

I've already heard from two people that got theirs, so they're showing up. I use USPS for just about everything, and I'm totally happy with their service. Even during the pandemic. But there are definitely more delays right now, I don't count on my 2 day priority actually coming through like usual. But your experience sounds terrible, sorry to hear that. I haven't had any issues like that, and hopefully I don't.

Quoted from FugTM:

I have the vault edition. It has a nifty little metal tag on the speaker panel showing it's a vault edition. Have you seen anyone remove the tag and reapply it to your speaker panel?

I have not seen anyone do that, no. But, I'm sure it's just stuck on with some adhesive. Heat it up a little maybe and gently pull it free. One trick I'd probably try is to work some dental floss behind it to free it, that way you don't risk putting too much torque on the end pulling at it and possibly bend it. If it doesn't have enough stick when you're done maybe put some double sided tape on it.

#9055 3 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

That Final Voyage emblem i would assume is attached by sticky tape. I would use a razor blade and carefully slide it underneath to cut the sticky tape to get it off.

You know, it just occurred to me seeing you mention a razor that another way to do it is to just take the stock decal off, and then cut out the badge. Decal backing and all. Then double sided tape that to the new decal after you apply it.

Unless you really want to save your original decal for any reason. I tossed mine in the trash once I peeled it off. Couldn't see ever wanting to put it back on again.

#9058 3 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Recieved mine today, and it looks great!
Just the translite and speaker panel decal would be worth it. All the decals and apron cards are sweet, sweet extras.
I didn't realize how much I would like the coin reject inserts until I swaw them lit up.
Thanks Aurich!

Great, hoping they all trickle in over the next few days. Shipping this time made me nervous, what with taking them right after Black Friday, feel better when they all arrive. Sure it will be fine. Anyone who gets them feel free to post install pics, I never get tired of seeing it personally.

I still have 4 sets left if anyone else wants in, just shoot me a PM.

#9072 3 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

aurich these pictures are making me regret not getting one of your kits sir! We need to be able to like posts bc they look amazing. Especially the front view one!

I have three left if anyone wants a set.

Thanks though, it was a fun project. I get why Stern doesn't want people advertising trademark violations like that. I only do them in quiet runs when people ask me for them, why they're harder to come by these days. But was still totally worth doing.

Quoted from Ecw0930:

However, like some other posts on her the USPS is sucking balls right now.

I'm still hearing from people who are getting them, USPS is working, but it's definitely not as fast I'm used to.

#9074 3 years ago
Quoted from FugTM:

I sent you a pm. I'm 11 days into waiting on USPS. I'm in Ohio, if the package is coming from west of Illinois, I can expect anything from 5 to 30 days late!
To be clear, This is totally not your fault, but as you can see from the post above by ECW0930, I am not alone with this problem. Regular letters seem to be ok but packages are a total crapshoot for me these last 5 months.

I really wonder what's up with certain regions, and if it's pandemic related.

I've been shipping translites via USPS for something like 8 years now, never had issues before now. Regardless, I answered your PM, and anyone who has problems is covered. I'll print more if I have to, whatever, so don't stress.

1 week later
#9086 3 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

FINALLY got my package from Titan. Ordered it on Black Friday... Got here 2 weeks later.

Mail is super crazy now. I think everyone finally got my boxes, but someone in Europe got theirs before someone in Ohio, so yeah ...

#9096 3 years ago
Quoted from FugTM:

Ohhh...I know the Ohio someone!
Seriously though I love it, it was totally worth the wait.
Thank you again!

I'm just glad it made it okay. I wasn't really worried, but still, I'm always slightly stressed until I start hearing the reports of people getting their packages safely. I like to be in control of the process when I do things, and once I drop the boxes off I'm utterly helpless to do anything, so just tweaks my nature.

Now I don't need to worry that the few I have left need to be set aside for backup too.

Quoted from J85M:

Anyone with an LE changed out the chrome t-moulding?

I actually forgot the LE was chrome. I don't mind the chrome on my Tron, but if I was swapping the LE I think the only color I'd move to is black. Too hard to match the blue, it won't look right.

#9100 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

When I ordered from PBL a few months ago it was via USPS. Took weeks to go ~150 mi. Wasn't even updated on the USPS tracking web site. Since then PBL ditched USPS and ships via the other carriers.

Everything I send still gets through. But someone asked for one of the last few Star Trek packages I have and when I found out they weren't in a rush (still getting the pin) we decided I'd hold it until after the holidays and send when things have calmed down some. Just seems better to not try and get in on the rush right now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
New Brighton, PA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only?tu=Aurich and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.