PXL_20240127_043801582.MP (resized).jpg
Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 27dnast.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2380 9 years ago

So I have a "Hallmark" Enterprise on the way...thinking about wiring it up with a few lights.

Anyone here successfully pull that off?

#2410 9 years ago

A couple of new modifications to my ST pro.

Flashers
First, I added two flashers to window in the pop-bumper area ( a la AC/DC). They are actually show in one or two of the schematics in the manual. I changed the flashers to blue. The effect is awesome. I also added the Vengeance LED mod Sold by Bob and installed the most robust Red Flasher tower sold by Cointaker (they offset each other well and also look fantastic in-game).

Kind of in the flasher realm...I also added the Refinery nebula mod. Gives the game great depth and life. Highly recommended.

Alt-translite and decals
Second, I added Aurich's alt-translite, speaker decal, etc. I didn't use all decals but they are all fantastic and easily usable. One note, I opted to use his Enterprise (non-target) spinner decal on the front of the spinner and left the sparkly decal on the back of the spinner. Visually it's the best of both worlds. In normal position, the spinner has a great Enterprise graphic. But, when hit, the spinner's sparkly side comes out (and looks almost stock). Very cool. The translite is absolutely stunning in person. A must have.

Enterprise
Third, I bought a Hallmark Enterprise from E-bay. Made an offer on one for about $50 and it was accepted. I grappled with how to mount it and whether or not I'd wire it up to the machine. Opted not to wire it...and then created my own mount. As you can see it's a piece of plexi glass that I cut to contour the bend in the right ramp. Drilled a hole so that the lower right ramp screw would hold it in place. Then I drilled a ship mounting hole in the plexiglass and a corresponding hole in the battery door. I mounted the door to the plexi with a small screw and nylon locknut. I made it tight enough to be secure but left just a smidgen of play so I could rotate the door out, attach it to the ship, and have access to the original screw that holds the door on the ship. Then I rotated it back into place...installed it in the game. And it (I think... ) looks great. I like the positioning over the ramp and shooter lane.

Just wanted to pass these along for anyone else that's been thinking about easy mods.

1.JPG1.JPG

2.JPG2.JPG

3.JPG3.JPG

#2423 9 years ago

I just want to point out to everyone: It's just a movie

#2429 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I changed the right ramp flasher to purple, the left ramp flasher to red and the warp ramp flasher to blue. The under ramp flashers that is.... I never thought about the dome flasher though.....
The only problem with coloured flashers is that some colours like purple are not very bright compared to white.
Rob

Really, the two brightest colors are Blue and White.

Colors like red, orange (and from what you're saying, white...) just aren't that bright.

#2431 9 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

A couple of new modifications to my ST pro.
Flashers
First, I added two flashers to window in the pop-bumper area ( a la AC/DC). They are actually show in one or two of the schematics in the manual. I changed the flashers to blue. The effect is awesome. I also added the Vengeance LED mod Sold by Bob and installed the most robust Red Flasher tower sold by Cointaker (they offset each other well and also look fantastic in-game).
Kind of in the flasher realm...I also added the Refinery nebula mod. Gives the game great depth and life. Highly recommended.
Alt-translite and decals
Second, I added Aurich's alt-translite, speaker decal, etc. I didn't use all decals but they are all fantastic and easily usable. One note, I opted to use his Enterprise (non-target) spinner decal on the front of the spinner and left the sparkly decal on the back of the spinner. Visually it's the best of both worlds. In normal position, the spinner has a great Enterprise graphic. But, when hit, the spinner's sparkly side comes out (and looks almost stock). Very cool. The translite is absolutely stunning in person. A must have.
Enterprise
Third, I bought a Hallmark Enterprise from E-bay. Made an offer on one for about $50 and it was accepted. I grappled with how to mount it and whether or not I'd wire it up to the machine. Opted not to wire it...and then created my own mount. As you can see it's a piece of plexi glass that I cut to contour the bend in the right ramp. Drilled a hole so that the lower right ramp screw would hold it in place. Then I drilled a ship mounting hole in the plexiglass and a corresponding hole in the battery door. I mounted the door to the plexi with a small screw and nylon locknut. I made it tight enough to be secure but left just a smidgen of play so I could rotate the door out, attach it to the ship, and have access to the original screw that holds the door on the ship. Then I rotated it back into place...installed it in the game. And it (I think... ) looks great. I like the positioning over the ramp and shooter lane.
Just wanted to pass these along for anyone else that's been thinking about easy mods.

Forgot to add one thing...

Back Alley Creation's Black Pearl balls look PHENOMENAL in ST. The contrast between the bright GI and the black balls is fantastic.

#2432 9 years ago
Quoted from wheels:

On my STLE, my manual plunger is barely able to contact the ball and it barely moves when it does. I have to use the Fire button. Anyone else have this problem? I confirmed that all the screws are in tight on the assembly underneath the playfield. The top of the manual plunger does graze the automatic plunger assembly, which I've noticed is different that the other Sterns I have including ACDC. Any thoughts?

Has it always been that way?

3 weeks later
#2574 9 years ago

My ST is having an issue...hoping someone may have experienced this and found a fix.

It has to do with the shot to the Vengeance. When the drop is down, if I rifle a shot (fast/hard shot) underneath the ship, it goes in and is able to bounce out. It appears the drop target isn't raising fast enough to catch the ball.

A soft shot is caught.

Can be a real downer during a big game.

Anyone?

#2581 9 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

I need to get the 2 LED bulbs that are in the spotlights on the play field of my ST. I am doing an order with Marco and I am not an LED expert. What type of bulbs can you put in? The #555 cool white spot ones?
Thanks

I believe those bulbs are 2 SMD 555 (wedge) clear cool whites. (there's two LEDs in the bulb)

#2585 9 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Also, in the 1.50 release they mention adding a delay to the drop target - so it won't raise too fast and create an airball as the shot is going in. However - I think the delay is too long - and creates the situation where a fast shot will rebound out before the drop can catch it.
EDIT: Here's the text from the 1.50 readme. I think this delay should be shortened some, because I rarely got air balls before the fix, but have definitely had some shots rebound out after the 'fix'

- Raising the center drop target is postponed a bit to allow balls more time to pass over the target.

I just waxed my game and it has become much more of a problem...

#2631 9 years ago

So when is the code coming out???

just kidding

3 months later
#3299 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Not in the cards. There's a reason the project was closed, and it means no going back to that brand.
Honestly I won't do anymore Stern translites from here on out, it's not a good space to work in anymore. As long as Star Trek isn't shut down I'll keep it alive, but that's the end for that.
I'll still do Stern mods, but nothing branded. And it's tough to do a translite without a brand.

Johnny Mneumonic Alt translite, please!!!!! You can do it and I know it would look absolutely WICKED.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.00
Playfield - Decals
RGP Models

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 27dnast.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only?tq&tu=27dnast and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.