Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
DSCN3234 (resized).JPG
There are 10,797 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 216.
#4851 8 years ago

BTW : I Just took my Star Trek Club membership to a whole new level

20160214_215409_(resized).jpg20160214_215409_(resized).jpg

#4852 8 years ago

double post

#4853 8 years ago

RF, nice
Write me when you reach my rank tho!

#4854 8 years ago

As an estimated guess when would we see a colour dmd for stern star trek, now that TZ ,Tron and Iron man are out of the way?

#4855 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

As an estimated guess when would we see a colour dmd for stern star trek, now that TZ ,Tron and Iron man are out of the way?

I hope SOON. I have the dmd so just waiting for the program.

#4856 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I hope SOON. I have the dmd so just waiting for the program.

Me too. In the meantime, it looks pretty good in blue to match the armour.

#4857 8 years ago

Can anyone tell me what the purpose of the triangle shaped line of yellow lights down the center of stern Star Trek le are for? It seems like they are supposed to track progression through various modes, but I don't seem to notice them doing anything meaningful....Thx!

#4858 8 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Me too. In the meantime, it looks pretty good in blue to match the armour.

Me too!!! Can't wait! Sending positive Star Trek vibes to the ColorDMD team!

#4859 8 years ago
Quoted from Zaquar:

Can anyone tell me what the purpose of the triangle shaped line of yellow lights down the center of stern Star Trek le are for? It seems like they are supposed to track progression through various modes, but I don't seem to notice them doing anything meaningful....Thx!

It's your torpedoes. You fire them by hitting the button on the lockdown bar.

#4860 8 years ago
Quoted from Zaquar:

No offence if you are serious.
Just seems like an odd question for someone who owns the machine. But I guess everyone who plays isn't into reading the rule sheets.

It fires torpeodos at the vengeance. To light them you complete the weapons targets on the right side of the playfield.

When any yellow triangles are lit, hitting the lockdown bar button will give extra shots/hits to the vengeance.
Rather than you having to hit the center drop target or vengeance kickback with the ball.

#4861 8 years ago

Ok I am serious and will have to pay attention to that specifically as I've literally been wondering if I had out of date code or an issue with those lights specifically.....appreciate the feedback and will check it out this weekend.

#4862 8 years ago

I don't punch it often... so I get why Zequar asked. I usually end a game with torpedoes in the tube.
I need to learn to punch it when I'm getting close to one of the vengeance modes.
John

#4863 8 years ago

It's a cool visual reminder that you have torpedoes, I wish the Pro had something like that instead of just the button flashing. But that's why you buy a Prem. and LE.

#4864 8 years ago
Quoted from JeffZee:

Star Trek is my is my sentimental favorite and probably the last game I'd sell. I played a bit of pinball when I was a kid

We had it at the Pizza Place I worked at. Loved it and played it all the time.
I love the theme and have a new Stern Star Trek, but would love to add this one and also STTNG.

Enjoy

#4865 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

It's a cool visual reminder that you have torpedoes, I wish the Pro had something like that instead of just the button flashing. But that's why you buy a Prem. and LE.

Im pretty sure the pro has the torpedo triangles as well.

#4866 8 years ago

Maybe I misunderstood what you are referring to mustangpaul,

43b5710e4260b081eb1ed824013193a9faafefd8_(resized).jpg43b5710e4260b081eb1ed824013193a9faafefd8_(resized).jpg

#4867 8 years ago

Uh, all ST's have the torpedo lights. It's tempting to smash the button anytime you have them lit but save them. You can use them to instantly activate Vengeance Multiball at the best time - like the start of a mode. You can also save them to help beat Vengeance Multiball quickly. Torpedo shots count as hits on the vengeance. If you have a full bank of shots, you can unload at the start of the mode and then you only need a few shots to finish.

#4868 8 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Im pretty sure the pro has the torpedo triangles as well.

It does

#4869 8 years ago

Doesn't seem to be much love for STTNG in the marketplace lately. Relisted mine at what I think is a reasonable price but haven't had any reasonable offers. Couple trade offers but even those were pretty offset in the buyers favor. Is it a bad time to sell or is STTNG usually a hard sell?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-fsft-star-trek-the-next-generation-1

#4870 8 years ago

Meph,
I think you are seeing "hording" of pinball money right now.
Too many cool titles are under imminate release. GB, Lexy, TBL, AFMr, etc
That and the stock market has SUCKED so far this year.

I love me some STNG... I'm working on a few mods for that machine right now.

#4871 8 years ago

Yeah that's what I figured. Love STTNG but I have had it 5 years now and there are so many cool new titles out there that it's time for a change. Seems like a lot of people have the same line of thinking. I suppose I should get off my butt and install the KBOP light board that I bought from you Been pretty lazy modding anything other than Metallica lately. =)

#4872 8 years ago

Love me some STTNG. I used to own one years back. Got a ST Premium on the way. So I can't make you a decent cash offer until mid March when my Uncle Sam bonus arrives... Others may be in the same boat

#4873 8 years ago

ST:TNG is the BEST PINBALL MACHINE ever created

#4874 8 years ago

Update on my left ramp entry opto. The connector head came off as it was never crimped from the factory. So, repinned and crimped connector.

Opto officially dead, or broken wire somewhere. Looks like I'll be removing my vengeance AGAIN.... Ugh

I'm a vengeance removal pro now

#4875 8 years ago

I thought the placement of this fridge magnet was VERY appropriate.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#4876 8 years ago

Except it should be placed on the right side drain

#4877 8 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

Except it should be placed on the right side drain

My thoughts went there first but i couldnt really place it easily without putting in a spot id always have to remove it from when lifting the playfield, and we sttng owners lift the playfield A LOT.

#4878 8 years ago

Fellow sttng owners... Do you guys have any "attract sounds" when the function is turned on? Not counting pressing flippers or gun, ive reseated the ribbon on the sound board and software chip, i get picard saying the shows tagline on boot up and after a game but thats it. All other sounds work ok during a game

#4879 8 years ago

Thanks to a fellow pinsider, i'm finally joining the club! No more mooching to play other people's games!

IMG_3906_(resized).JPGIMG_3906_(resized).JPG

#4880 8 years ago
Quoted from Flake:

Thanks to a fellow pinsider, i'm finally joining the club! No more mooching to play other people's games!
IMG_3906_(resized).JPG

A Premium too....nice. Wish I would of had the money for a Premium.

#4881 8 years ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Fellow sttng owners... Do you guys have any "attract sounds" when the function is turned on? Not counting pressing flippers or gun, ive reseated the ribbon on the sound board and software chip, i get picard saying the shows tagline on boot up and after a game but thats it. All other sounds work ok during a game

Same here.

#4882 8 years ago

Anyone in SoCal want to trade my nicely modded WOZ ECLE for your STLE? It's the only trade I'm considering.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#4883 8 years ago

guys i need some advice im kind of a noobie,its a DE star trek priced $800,with an issue in the central target and a hum noise,a deal?would you get it?any other things seems to be working

#4884 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

A Premium too....nice. Wish I would of had the money for a Premium.

If it hadn't been a trade plus cash, I wouldn't have had the money either. Most of my friends have LEs so i'm spoiled by the light show.

#4885 8 years ago

I've got a pop bumper issue on my Star Trek Premium that I can't figure out. I'm a bit of a noob at this with good troubleshooting and mechanical skills but zero electronics experience or knowledge. My right pop registers hits but doesn't fire. The coil test fires the other two pops but not this one. The pop coil moves smoothly and I don't see any obvious wire issues. I looked at the manual and couldn't find a dedicated fuse like the flippers have and looked in the backbox and didn't see any blown fuses. I'm at a loss at what to do next. Any suggestions?

#4886 8 years ago

METZU,Yes good price for that title!! The problem with the central target can be fixed with some added washers! there was a thread on that one! Find out what hums( magnet maybe) and just replace it!! Good find!

#4887 8 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

METZU,Yes good price for that title!! The problem with the central target can be fixed with some added washers! there was a thread on that one! Find out what hums( magnet maybe) and just replace it!! Good find!

Um. No. There is no magnet in DE ST. ?!?!
My central target makes a gear noise which is normal.
800 is a much better price than I paid almost 10 years ago.

#4888 8 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Quoted from Zitt:

MMM can be fixed with some added washers?,the price its temping but im afraid to get it and spend $500 in repairs,thats why i came to you guys for advice...

#4891 8 years ago

Pm sent

its there a thread to see all about that issues?

#4892 8 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I don't know how a 25 dollar motor could equate to 500; but ok.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/515-5534-00

thank you for the tip Zitt!

theres also a humming sound too

#4893 8 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I've got a pop bumper issue on my Star Trek Premium that I can't figure out. I'm a bit of a noob at this with good troubleshooting and mechanical skills but zero electronics experience or knowledge. My right pop registers hits but doesn't fire. The coil test fires the other two pops but not this one. The pop coil moves smoothly and I don't see any obvious wire issues. I looked at the manual and couldn't find a dedicated fuse like the flippers have and looked in the backbox and didn't see any blown fuses. I'm at a loss at what to do next. Any suggestions?

Fixed! Was a broken solder joint hidden inside a clear plastic sheaf. Sweet!

#4894 8 years ago

Update for St owners. This was in a stle, but I'm gonna gander it is on all models.

Having had issues with my entry opto on the left ramp I have been going crazy trying to clean, adjust repin, etc etc and to no avail.

Finally removed the assembly tonight and found out a hidden culprit that all machines may be victim to one day.

The pair of optos on the ramp have both wires very tightly zip tied together in the ramp (out of sight). My initial problem with the opto was vibration, bit having tried to fix it so many times the wire became more taught and the zip tie only became a mystery and invisible hinderance.

I removed the vengeance ship and found the zip tie only once I couldn't pull the opto wire out without pulling on the opposite side.

If you get lucky, you can sneak mini snips in from under the pf and carefully chop the zip off the wires. This allowed me to remove the "faulty" opto.

I decided to test it else where and see if it was salvagable for parts and maybe it was a wire short or something. But now removed and no longer being pinched and pulled down, it worked fine.

So I reinstalled it, leaving the wire loose and using a different drop hole this time, it seems to be completely fine and functional again.

I reassembled everything and so far it seems my issue is totally gone. I'm thinking the tension and added pressure may have cause the opto to physically be moved and angled enough that the sensor was tripping non stop.

Just food for thought for any of you guys experiencing similar problems.

Wall of text over.

#4895 8 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Update for St owners. This was in a stle, but I'm gonna gander it is on all models.
Having had issues with my entry opto on the left ramp I have been going crazy trying to clean, adjust repin, etc etc and to no avail.
Finally removed the assembly tonight and found out a hidden culprit that all machines may be victim to one day.
The pair of optos on the ramp have both wires very tightly zip tied together in the ramp (out of sight). My initial problem with the opto was vibration, bit having tried to fix it so many times the wire became more taught and the zip tie only became a mystery and invisible hinderance.
I removed the vengeance ship and found the zip tie only once I couldn't pull the opto wire out without pulling on the opposite side.
If you get lucky, you can sneak mini snips in from under the pf and carefully chop the zip off the wires. This allowed me to remove the "faulty" opto.
I decided to test it else where and see if it was salvagable for parts and maybe it was a wire short or something. But now removed and no longer being pinched and pulled down, it worked fine.
So I reinstalled it, leaving the wire loose and using a different drop hole this time, it seems to be completely fine and functional again.
I reassembled everything and so far it seems my issue is totally gone. I'm thinking the tension and added pressure may have cause the opto to physically be moved and angled enough that the sensor was tripping non stop.
Just food for thought for any of you guys experiencing similar problems.
Wall of text over.

Great detective work.

#4896 8 years ago

Humming noise what could it be? its hard to fix?

#4897 8 years ago

hum can be anything - you are going to need to be more descriptive after some detective work on your part.

#4898 8 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

hum can be anything - you are going to need to be more descriptive after some detective work on your part.

thank you Zitt!

but how can i describe it

#4899 8 years ago
Quoted from Metzu:

Humming noise what could it be? its hard to fix?

Humming noise is common for DE pins, mostly hear it in attract mode with the sweeping/attract light show coming through the speakers

#4900 8 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Humming noise is common for DE pins, mostly hear it in attract mode with the sweeping/attract light show coming through the speakers

thxs!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mechanicsville, VA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 85.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.99
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 9.95
There are 10,797 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 216.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/98 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.