PXL_20240127_043801582.MP (resized).jpg
Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
There are 10,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 217.
#4801 8 years ago

I don't know but not every time do I hear a call out when I win a bronze medal, I might only hear I won a silver medal. I figured it was just skipping the call out but I'm not sure because I don't look at the totals at the end. Maybe it is skipping some bronze medals.

#4802 8 years ago

I can confirm having games with higher silver then bronze in the past.

#4803 8 years ago

So I'm not crazy

#4804 8 years ago

Star Trek is my is my sentimental favorite and probably the last game I'd sell. I played a bit of pinball when I was a kid, but Star Trek is the only title I specifically remember. I've had this game for about eight years. I just got around to adding some CPR plastics I had. I already added the CPR back glass. Here's some pics. There's more pics and info on my Star Trek webpage at...

http://www.jeff-z.com/pinball/startrek/startrek.html

001_(resized).jpg001_(resized).jpg

002_(resized).jpg002_(resized).jpg

005_(resized).jpg005_(resized).jpg

#4805 8 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

So I'm not crazy

Maybe not. But if this is true, there would seem to be a bug in the game.

#4806 8 years ago

Yes sir I was thinking the same thing.

#4807 8 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Yes sir I was thinking the same thing.

Of course it is only crazy people that deny being crazy.

#4808 8 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Of course it is only crazy people that deny being crazy.

#4809 8 years ago

Is there 1 or 2 extra gold medals in the game

Klingon multiball battle. If you beat it gives a bonus gold. Anything else like vengence?

Can anyone confirm that starting the away mission on SJ1 can allow you to skip a medal. Not saying "bronze medal" could just be the machine lagging.

#4810 8 years ago

Holy crap...discovered something new tonight.

Making all the shots in Klingon multiball changes the mode with final shots and animation.

I'm sure everyone knows this but I didn't...and I've had a few beers after a killer homemade pasta dinner and I'm very happy right now.

#4811 8 years ago

download_(resized).jpgdownload_(resized).jpg

#4812 8 years ago

crazy_(resized).jpgcrazy_(resized).jpg

#4813 8 years ago

You keep calling me crazy....

crazy-face-with-headphones_71737579_(resized).jpgcrazy-face-with-headphones_71737579_(resized).jpg

#4814 8 years ago

So I am having to much fun tonight drinking beer and playing and this just happened

20160205_205231_(resized).jpg20160205_205231_(resized).jpg

#4815 8 years ago

Beer helps.

#4816 8 years ago

Anyone selling a '78 ST near NJ? Have a friend looking for a 40th birthday gift for his wife

#4817 8 years ago

Of course it helps.

#4818 8 years ago

Test fitting while I wait for the custom pcbs to come back from oshpark

P_20160201_234655_(resized).jpgP_20160201_234655_(resized).jpg

#4819 8 years ago

Looks good Zitt

#4820 8 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Test fitting while I wait for the custom pcbs to come back from oshpark

Nice! I just ordered a few things from you Zitt. DE Ship and KBOP kit. Can't wait!!!

#4821 8 years ago

Has anyone upgraded the running lights on DE to LEDs? They just aren't bright enough against a machine with LEDs installed.

rope_(resized).pngrope_(resized).png

#4822 8 years ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

Has anyone upgraded the running lights on DE to LEDs?

To do that properly you could not use standard blue LED strips, you would only get every third pulse and it would not chase.
You would need 3 separate strings of blue led on one strip. Not a common item and someone tried at one time and had to buy way more than they would ever need/sell before it could be special ordered.

However, if you do not need to be BLUE or chase (say if your rope was missing all together), you can use off the shelf RGB strips and tied drive 1 to red, drive 2 to green, drive 3 to blue and the 12v off the P/S to common. You will not get chase lights, but you would get R,G,B,off, R,G,B,off, R,G,B,off, R,G,B,off, R,G,B,off, pattern.

Someone once did take the factory blue incandescent bulbs off the factory rope and replace them with 1 SMD devices, one,,, bulb,,, at,,, a,,, time,,,, so it can be done but it is HARD .

If your looking for some Chase Rope theory in DEST https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chase-rope-repair-in-data-east-st-and-hook

#4823 8 years ago

I changed mine to blue high bright LEDs. It was very time consuming and had to make a custom circuit board to convert the voltage requirements. It came out great and goes well with all the other LED bulbs installed. It definitely made the whole game feel more modern. This was a one-time project for my personal machine and would never consider doing it again, too much time involved.

20140307_125320_(resized).jpg20140307_125320_(resized).jpg

#4824 8 years ago

I always thought DE Star Trek was cool. Especially with that transporter

#4825 8 years ago

Sadly; my DE Star Trek didn't have the chase lights.
One of these days; I'm going to come up with my own solution.

#4826 8 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Well if anyone can do it you can. That could be your next product.

#4827 8 years ago
Quoted from Tekman:

I changed mine to blue high bright LEDs. It was very time consuming and had to make a custom circuit board to convert the voltage requirements. It came out great and goes well with all the other LED bulbs installed. It definitely made the whole game feel more modern. This was a one-time project for my personal machine and would never consider doing it again, too much time involved.

20140307_125320_(resized).jpg

Nice!

#4828 8 years ago
Quoted from Patofnaud:

To do that properly you could not use standard blue LED strips, you would only get every third pulse and it would not chase.
You would need 3 separate strings of blue led on one strip. Not a common item and someone tried at one time and had to buy way more than they would ever need/sell before it could be special ordered.
However, if you do not need to be BLUE or chase (say if your rope was missing all together), you can use off the shelf RGB strips and tied drive 1 to red, drive 2 to green, drive 3 to blue and the 12v off the P/S to common. You will not get chase lights, but you would get R,G,B,off, R,G,B,off, R,G,B,off, R,G,B,off, R,G,B,off, pattern.
Someone once did take the factory blue incandescent bulbs off the factory rope and replace them with 1 SMD devices, one,,, bulb,,, at,,, a,,, time,,,, so it can be done but it is HARD .
If your looking for some Chase Rope theory in DEST https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chase-rope-repair-in-data-east-st-and-hook

Thanks! I just cleaned them really good and cleaned the corner of the ramp on either side. It looks better but as good as Tekman's

#4829 8 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Zitt: I found some notes from a few years ago when I was working on converting my rope lights to LEDs. As for the blue tubing, search google for 'blue clear fuel line'.

DE-ST_CHASE_(resized).pngDE-ST_CHASE_(resized).png

#4830 8 years ago

I just posted this elsewhere, but I wanted to post here as well for everyone who is having trouble adjusting their Warp ramp.

I was playing ST less and less often, partially because I couldn't get my Warp ramp right lately. I would make just one shot only to have the ball rattle around in the return lane and not feed consistently to the upper flipper. I tried repeatedly adjusting the ramp by moving the end to the right and to the left and everyplace in between. Nothing that I did fixed the problem. Finally, yesterday, I installed a bracket by fellow pinsider Ven. Here is a link to it:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/adjustable-warp-ramp-bracket-and-protector

This worked wonders. I went from having about 0% consistent feed to 75-85% consistent feed. The bracket moves the exit of the ramp up and down instead of left and right. I have mine almost all the way down so it feeds to the upper flipper almost like an orbit shot. I feel like I have a whole new game again and am loving playing it. So much of the game is timing 2x scoring from the Warp ramp to other events that if you don't have consistent feed, you are really missing out on critical aspects of the strategy -- not to mention the thrill of hitting the Warp ramp repeatedly.

I will say that installing the bracket is a royal pain. You have to take the whole right ramp off, and it is a very tight space where you install it. I would not embark on this unless you really have an issue, like me. If you can successfully adjust the ramp by moving right or left, just do that. However, if you've tried that and it never works, then doing something like this could help. I'm not sure if he is still selling them, but I thought I would mention it.

#4831 8 years ago

I need to mention that I just got 4 gold medals and only 3 silver when I reached KM. So, I'm eating my own words and am further proof that there is some way where you can get more gold than silver.

#4832 8 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I need to mention that I just got 4 gold medals and only 3 silver when I reached KM. So, I'm eating my own words and am further proof that there is some way where you can get more gold than silver.

Did u get the extra gold medal from Klingon multiball?

#4833 8 years ago

Not that game, no.

#4834 8 years ago

I think there might be a gold bug.

#4835 8 years ago

See what I started

Quoted from rai:

I think there might be a gold bug.

#4837 8 years ago

Taking warp to a whole new level

warp_(resized).jpgwarp_(resized).jpg

#4838 8 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I used EL wire and hooked it up to a sound controller. Then mounted the sound control next to the sub and set the sensitivity low. It then lights ups on high action or high bass moments. Not how the game was meant to light up the ramps, but I enjoy it since you tend to see them animating more often.

Quoted from Meegis:

holy crap... what happened?

#4839 8 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

warp_(resized).jpg

WOW!!! What happened?

#4840 8 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

I used EL wire and hooked it up to a sound controller. Then mounted the sound control next to the sub and set the sensitivity low. It then lights ups on high action or high bass moments. Not how the game was meant to light up the ramps, but I enjoy it since you tend to see them animating more often.

How thick is the el wire and where did ya get it? Sounds like a cool setup.

#4841 8 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

warp_(resized).jpg

That musta been some nudge.

#4842 8 years ago

Game over time just decided to repel the right side of the head. I think the screws on the bottom never went in properly causing the wood to warp. Eventually just kept creeping up and the t mouldings came loose exposing how bad it got.

Stern sent a new panel but my god what a job to replace. Hours of tight gritty work.

#4843 8 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Game over time just decided to repel the right side of the head. I think the screws on the bottom never went in properly causing the wood to warp. Eventually just kept creeping up and the t mouldings came loose exposing how bad it got.
Stern sent a new panel but my god what a job to replace. Hours of tight gritty work.

Damn....I guess that got by QC. Glad to hear you got it fixed and Stern covered it.

#4844 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

How thick is the el wire and where did ya get it? Sounds like a cool setup.

5mm, and you just double side tape the sensor to the cardboard tube that is over the sub on DE:ST
http://www.elwirepros.com/sound-controlled-el-wire-kits.html

*** BTW, you wrap it around the "entire ramp" not just a portion like the stock lights. You start form one end and go all the way around till you exit the other side on the other end. drill holes for zip ties or scotch tape or hot glue. "zip ties looks the best"

#4845 8 years ago

I WANT TO BE IN THIS CLUB SO BADLY. SOMEONE SELL ME A DANG STAR TREK GAME. UGHHHGHGHGHGHGH!!!

#4846 8 years ago

NO! Mine All Mine.
I'd say wait... My gut tells me IF Stern still has the license - they will produce more around the third movie this summer.

#4847 8 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

5mm, and you just double side tape the sensor to the cardboard tube that is over the sub on DE:ST
http://www.elwirepros.com/sound-controlled-el-wire-kits.html
*** BTW, you wrap it around the "entire ramp" not just a portion like the stock lights. You start form one end and go all the way around till you exit the other side on the other end. drill holes for zip ties or scotch tape or hot glue. "zip ties looks the best"

Thanks, that's some cool stuff. I wonder how the 5mm wire would fit and look inside inside that frosted T molding.

#4848 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Damn....I guess that got by QC. Glad to hear you got it fixed and Stern covered it.

Yeah, they sent me a side panel, but it was labour intensive and incomplete. I had to drill all pilot holes without any template. And the procedure took a good 4-5 hours of solid work

#4849 8 years ago

Well I got my vengeance mod, now all I need is my st pro. So yea I'm almost in da club. My distr says new pros end of the month? Anyone else hear this?

#4850 8 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I think the Space Jump Away Team will produce that. If you are in SJ and have a bronze (maybe 4 or 5 hits total) and hit the away team when you hit the Vengeance you will skip silver and receive a gold.

Same thing if you hit SJ AT with 1 shot you will get a silver without a bronze.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
There are 10,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 217.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/97 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.