Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
DSCN3234 (resized).JPG
There are 10,797 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 216.
#4751 8 years ago

jawjaw pretty much covers it, but here's some more intel.

SJ, Nero, DTD are the ones where you can make a decision.

SJ - one shot. So its terrible for mb. I don't even like to play SJ during a mb in the off chance that I start the Galactic Mode by accident.

Nero - great for mb, but scary for regular play.

DTD - Gives you Galactic Spinner, which is 75k per spin. Definitely worth good points, however, you can get the spinner value up to 68K via the TREK lanes. If you've got it maxed out, you don't get to much more for the Galactic. If you've got that away team shot down, then hey, why not. The flip of this means that it's very valuable to start Galactic Spinner if you're early into your game.

Some additional spinner intel.
Spinner increases every time you spell TREK.
Spinner resets every ball. However, once you get it to 20k, it resets to 20k. Meaning on your first ball it benefits you to pay extra attention to the TREK lanes and get it there.

#4752 8 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

The subway is the plastic tunnel that the ball travels through, it runs from the neutral zone, and behind the borg ship up to the upkickers on the left and right sides of the playfield. There are mechanical diverters in there that change which upkicker (side of the playfield) the ball will come out on. These sometimes cause a problem, with the playfield up manual move each of the solenoid plungers and motorized diverters to see if you can find/free a ball.

Thank you

#4755 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

For you rules guys; do you go for Away Team all the time, sometimes (depending on the mode?) are some AT bonuses more valuable than others?
Does the Away Team bonus last for the entire ball or just for the mode?

Really depends on how you play the game

SJ - I don't hit the away mission because it ends the mission on 1 shot. However if u are on ball 3 and 1 mode away kobi maru. It might be worth it

DTD - if this is your 1st mission. 75k spinner is huge

KB - if this is my 1st mission. I usually get 19M. If I play normal. I average about 10M

PD - I do the away mission almost every time. Easier to hit the left/right orbits for the lanes vs 4 different shots to re light or 7 shots in normal mode

My strat is
KB 1-2-3
Nero 1-2-3

So I have the alpha and left orbit multiplying lit.

STE. In normal mode. If the alpha shot is consistently lit. I back hand it over and over. So I don't go for the away mission. If I have double scoring and alpha ramp isn't lot over and over. I hit the away mission and nail that left orbit

#4756 8 years ago

What are the GAT shots for each mission?

#4757 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

What are the GAT shots for each mission?

PD - top lanes
KB - alpha and beta ramps
SJ - center drop down
DTD - left orbit/spinner
Nero - red dot targets
STE - left orbit and warp ramp

#4758 8 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

I have a similar problem with the warp ramp falsely triggering... from warp 1 to warp 9.9 in 12 parsecs. It's only happened a few times so I can't pinpoint the issue.. would love to hear what you find out.

I was fitting the vengeance led mod and noticed a wire had worked its way just in front of the opto triggering all the warps. Moved it towards the rear of the game and hasn't faulted since. Just check it's not the same problem on yours.

#4759 8 years ago

was playing a few games yesterday and my upper right flipper blew the transistor, this sux. havnt even put maybe 600 plays on this thing

#4760 8 years ago

Does anyone know if the Multiball battles have improved since the Bowen tutorial. I can't recall but wasn't the three Vengance battles like the same or were the later battles actually easier to complete?

#4761 8 years ago

IIRC; The second Vengeance battle isn't a multiball. It's a shoot the vengeance as many times as you can within time limit - with a single ball.

#4762 8 years ago

The third Vengeance battle isn't multiball either. You hit the Vengeance a number of times to start sudden death. Then, you have to hit it again, the target will fall, and you will have a few seconds to hit the ball under the Vengeance. If you can do this, you get 10% of your score. Very lucrative for late in the game.

EDIT: I may have the target falling and rising backwards; I can't remember.

#4763 8 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

was playing a few games yesterday and my upper right flipper blew the transistor, this sux. havnt even put maybe 600 plays on this thing

Aw man that's a bummer.

#4764 8 years ago

I'm waiting for my st to be built. In anticipation are there any custom rule cards? Thanks.

#4765 8 years ago

Which 3 in a row award the most points ?
If I remember these captain's chair awards are not timed and end once the maximum amount of points has been eraned.

So which of the 3 , spinner, ramps, or pops awards the most ?

#4766 8 years ago

And do they run simultaneously or does one stop after another begins ?

#4767 8 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Which 3 in a row award the most points ?
If I remember these captain's chair awards are not timed and end once the maximum amount of points has been eraned.
So which of the 3 , spinner, ramps, or pops awards the most ?

I would imagine the pops would yield the highest max points if u can pop value high

The ramps would probably be the easiest to cash out on. Just left hitting the alpha ramp

#4768 8 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

And do they run simultaneously or does one stop after another begins ?

You only get one 3-in-a-row per level. Although, you can get two if the last mode you complete finishes two rows.

#4769 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

You only get one 3-in-a-row per level. Although, you can get two if the last mode you complete finishes two rows.

Good to know .

#4770 8 years ago
Quoted from tp:

I'm waiting for my st to be built. In anticipation are there any custom rule cards? Thanks.

Aurich's look great. You can get them in here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-new-original-translite-decals

Some other ones here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-stle-custom-apron-cards

#4771 8 years ago

What would someone value a local HOU only STLE machine at the moment, especially with NIB Premium's for the low $6Ks delivered to your door starting production at Stern soon ?

#4772 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

What would someone value a local HOU only STLE machine at the moment, especially with NIB Premium's for the low $6Ks delivered to your door starting production at Stern soon ?

I'm curious as well, I just paid 8k for one a few months ago.

#4773 8 years ago

There's one in the market right now for $7500

#4774 8 years ago

Just joined the club with an STTNG. Time to go back to page 1 and start reading all 4,773 posts.

#4775 8 years ago

Ever notice that in STTNG, during Borg multiball the Q's target loads you back to 3 balls? There may be other situations as well like hitting your first jackpot with less than 3 balls. I don't recall ever reading anything about this in a rules sheet but I do notice at time I get free auto launches. Will do some testing and report back.

#4776 8 years ago
Quoted from mot:

Just joined the club with an STTNG. Time to go back to page 1 and start reading all 4,773 posts.

Quoted from spidey:

Ever notice that in STTNG, during Borg multiball the Q's target loads you back to 3 balls? There may be other situations as well like hitting your first jackpot with less than 3 balls. I don't recall ever reading anything about this in a rules sheet but I do notice at time I get free auto launches. Will do some testing and report back.

I think a separate thread/club should be created for ST TNG. There is too much volume to go through.

#4777 8 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

I think a separate thread/club should be created for ST TNG. There is too much volume to go through.

There already is a STTNG club.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-owners-club

#4778 8 years ago

Not anymore. He stopped selling them due to a "request" from stern.

#4779 8 years ago

Walking away slowly..........................................now running.

#4780 8 years ago

Some Blackout Mods for the Stern ST Prem/LE will be available again

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-le-laser-blackout-mod

#4781 8 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Not anymore. He stopped selling them due to a "request" from stern.

tp was looking for rule cards. You can still just download them and print them yourself though.

#4783 8 years ago

So tonight I was at Warp 9.9, got the second ball, and immediately started Kobyashi Maru.

Ruh roh!

While it was starting to count medals I played the second ball, hit the Vengeance target, etc. It did not know what to do.

I was awarded two extra balls and the KM music stopped and I played the mode in silence.

It didn't seem quite right the rest of the game and I missed Enterprise Amok because I started the wrong mode at the end.

Sweet! Almost 700 million on that kooky game.

#4784 8 years ago

Opto issues persist.

Fml

#4785 8 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Opto issues persist.
Fml

Which optos are you having problems with?

#4786 8 years ago

So before starting kobiashi maru tonight the pin was awarding me my medals as usual...
5 bronze
1 silver
4 gold
2 gold...What ?
So for some reason it gave me 2 more gold medals on a completely new screen after it had already awarded gold medals.
Any one else ever see that ? I could swear that's what I saw .

#4787 8 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

So before starting kobiashi maru tonight the pin was awarding me my medals as usual...
5 bronze
1 silver
4 gold
2 gold...What ?
So for some reason it gave me 2 more gold medals on a completely new screen after it had already awarded gold medals.

6 medals = a set. So if you get 8 medals, it'll count a set, then count an additional 2 more medals. But I've never seen it count 4, then 2. Are you sure you didn't get a full set of bronze, then 1 more bronze, then 4 silver (not gold), then 2 gold?

#4788 8 years ago

Impossible to get one silver but four gold. You need equal or greater amounts of lower medals than higher medals.

#4789 8 years ago

I finally got off my arse and designed a 3D Printed bracket for the Hallmark USS Kelvin which mounts on top of the beta ramp.

USS Kelvin Bracket R4USS Kelvin Bracket R4

If you are interested in a 3D Render of the bracket; please see:
http://shpws.me/LyqW

The bracket includes wire management and mounts to an existing screw which the beta ramp mounts to. The mount itself is about 1inch tall and its just under two inches long.

I'm still working some other details - hope to post some pictures soon. But wondering what you guys thought about it so far.

#4790 8 years ago

I don't know what happened with the medals, but it was not normal, and I can't be 100% sure about the medal count but there was an extra award screen. That's what caught my attention I was ready to keep playing and it continued to award 2 more medals.

#4791 8 years ago

Looks nice Zitt!

#4792 8 years ago

Of course this will never be confirmed

#4793 8 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

I don't know what happened with the medals, but it was not normal, and I can't be 100% sure about the medal count but there was an extra award screen. That's what caught my attention I was ready to keep playing and it continued to award 2 more medals.

You must of had a set of medals + extra for one of the medals in which there will be an extra medal award screeen.

#4794 8 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

5 bronze
1 silver
4 gold
2 gold...What ?

Did you play lv2 or lv3 modes? It sounds like you got a full set of bronze, one extra bronze, 4 silver, and 2 gold. Never had an issues with medal counts. It is kind of weird the way it counts when you have more than 6. It should just tell you how many bronze with whatever points. One of the annoying things I dislike about ST is the way the screen messages pile up. Every little thing has to have it's own screen message and most of it is just plain text.

#4795 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Which optos are you having problems with?

Entrance to left ramp. Its a connector issue. Gonna try something tonight that someone recommended to me.

#4796 8 years ago

Enterprise Amok for second time!...followed be epic Fail on Enterprise Amok...for the second time.

#4797 8 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Entrance to left ramp. Its a connector issue. Gonna try something tonight that someone recommended to me.

Alpha? Not Warp?
On mine; the Optos of Alpha weren't aligned dead center of the holes of the ramp.
As a result; the LED (emitter) was hitting the side of the hole in the ramp; causing "reflections" that were interpreted by the CPU as the ball.

I used an xacto knife to "clean" and widen the Emitter hole so the beam wasn't reflecting. This fixed my issue.

#4798 8 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Alpha? Not Warp?
On mine; the Optos of Alpha weren't aligned dead center of the holes of the ramp.
As a result; the LED (emitter) was hitting the side of the hole in the ramp; causing "reflections" that were interpreted by the CPU as the ball.
I used an xacto knife to "clean" and widen the Emitter hole so the beam wasn't reflecting. This fixed my issue.

Read that post when searching last week. I adjusted them, tried to center them. The beam is solid, but its under the pf when I touch the wire it wiggles the connector. I held the connector and wiggled, no issue. I held the wire and wiggled between the connector and where my fingers were, started going awry.

Im gonna try making the pins wider to create better contact and more solid grip.

#4799 8 years ago

ST:TNG crew. Have you seen this mod on pinside yet? animated LED for the canons.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/domo-led-for-star-trek-ng

can_(resized).jpgcan_(resized).jpg

#4800 8 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

5 bronze
1 silver
4 gold
2 gold...What ?

I might have to take back what I said about this being impossible. Tonight I had something similar happen but think I have an explanation. Starting Kobi Maru, I had 5 bronze, 6 silver, and a few gold. I only played level 1 modes but think it had something to do with space jump. When I played space jump, I only got one shot before starting away team. After getting the last shot, I got a silver medal but the game never awarded the bronze. Never seen that before. I got the last shot in multiball so maybe that had something to do with it.

In a different game, I had another weird glitch. I finished all level 1 modes except Klingon Battle. I started Klingon Battle but then the game suddenly said Prime Directive 2 and all the inserts changed to blue. I made one shot and the inserts went back to red and Klingon Battle 1 played out as normal. No explanation for that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Ana, CA
Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gilbert, AZ
$ 64.99
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
$ 9.95
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

There are 10,797 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 216.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/96 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.