Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
DSCN3234 (resized).JPG
There are 10,797 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 216.
#4551 8 years ago
Quoted from KBRI1700:

What ever happened to Tasha Yar.
Shame she was omitted from the Translite for STNG.
ty.jpg

She ran the TERMINUS city/town on The Walking Dead show a few seasons ago...

#4552 8 years ago

duplicate post

#4553 8 years ago

So not sure what to make of this.

My auto plunge has been getting progressively weaker to the point where the ball won't make to the rollover targets at the top. I oiled the mechanism and tried to stretch the spring but no change.

Tonight I installed a shaker motor that I got for Christmas.

First game and the auto plunge is firing at full strength like new.

WTH happened?

#4554 8 years ago

I got an upgraded red laser from Cointaker for Christmas. Got everything hooked up relatively easy, but I must say I'm disappointed. It's maybe a teeny bit brighter. Anyone else disappointed with the upgraded laser?

Still baffled by what the alligator clips portion does. I hooked it up as instructed, but the white 2 pin connector doesn't seem to hook to anything. Not exactly sure what this does. Instructions were spartan.

#4555 8 years ago

Anyone else have an issue with being able to increase the volume of the speech/callouts on their Stern ST?

Whenever I increase the #51 Speech Adjustment it actually DECREASED the call outs. So ... I reduced it to ZERO, then finally down to NEGATIVE 20 and in each case it got louder and louder. Finally, I can hear the game speech clearly. Why is this seemingly coded in reverse?

PhotoGrid_1451099807029_(resized).jpgPhotoGrid_1451099807029_(resized).jpg

Here is where I ended up after great feedback from fellow Pinsiders ... love these settings ...

Under standard adjustments
#47 Music Volume = 1

Under feature adjustments
#50 Music Volume = zero
#51 Speech adjustment = Minus 20

#4556 8 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Anyone else have an issue with being able to increase the volume of the speech/callouts on their Stern ST?
Whenever I increase the #51 Speech Adjustment it actually DECREASED the call outs. So ... I reduced it to ZERO, then finally down to NEGATIVE 20 and in each case it got louder and louder. Finally, I can hear the game speech clearly. Why is this seemingly coded in reverse?
PhotoGrid_1451099807029_(resized).jpg

Yup the less the volume the louder it gets.
Not sure why its coded this way, but it is.
All the volumes on ST are reverse like this.

#4557 8 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Yup the less the volume the louder it gets.
Not sure why its coded this way, but it is.
All the volumes on ST are reverse like this.

Thanks for confirming I'm not losing it ... I wonder if this could be fixed in a code update? If so, I wonder why it has not yet been fixed? I went several months with barely being able to hear the call outs and not thinking there was anything I could do about it. To be honest, it was one of my only complaints surrounding the gameplay.

#4558 8 years ago

In my metallica instead of volume it's called attenuation. I think that makes sense that negative attenuation would make something have a stronger signal. But in terms of volume.. it's not the normal that we are used to.

#4559 8 years ago

Hello all. I recently got the star trek pro. It's my first pinball machine. I enjoy all the posts on here. I look forward to making some new friends on here.

#4560 8 years ago
Quoted from shooter43:

Hello all. I recently got the Star Trek pro. It's my first pinball machine. I enjoy all the posts on here. I look forward to making some new friends on here.

Welcome shooter!

#4561 8 years ago
Quoted from shooter43:

Hello all. I recently got the Star Trek pro. It's my first pinball machine. I enjoy all the posts on here. I look forward to making some new friends on here.

Congrats and welcome!

#4562 8 years ago

Finally. All 4 together.

20151227_101353_(resized).jpg20151227_101353_(resized).jpg

#4563 8 years ago

Got a couple mods from Zitt

Great stuff and great shpping costs and prices

Highly recommended for mods

#4564 8 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Finally. All 4 together.

20151227_101353_(resized).jpg

Very nice! Harder to achieve than you think! How long did it take you?

#4565 8 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Very nice! Harder to achieve than you think! How long did it take you?

Not terribly long a little over three months, but I had to let a few great machines go in trades. I lucked into a data east, took it as partial trade towards an Addams I had redone back in September. I put an add up on pinside for bally star trek, and found someone who met me at the white rose gameroom show in october who had an original prototype backglass and CPR playfield/plastics. The Star Trek LE I traded a restored funhouse sample/prototype plus cash in November, and just found this STTNG on facebook for sale up in PA. Drove up and paid cash for it.

I also have a vector star trek (asteroids conversion) arcade in the garage that I'm working on redoing as well!

#4566 8 years ago

so... you just need voyage gun game and the mirror universe and youll have a collection equal to mine.

#4567 8 years ago

I love seeing the four together like that!

#4568 8 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

so... you just need voyage gun game and the mirror universe and youll have a collection equal to mine.

Getting a mirror universe is going to be pretty tough.

#4569 8 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

I love seeing the four together like that!

Then come to tpf'16... all 4 plus mirror and voyager are will be the in my area... side by side

#4570 8 years ago

Would anyone be interested in a set of brand new unused, asteroid pin blades.
Send me a pm.

#4571 8 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Would anyone be interested in a set of brand new unused, asteroid pin blades.
Send me a pm.

P. M. Sent (edit) Got the Pinblades from Golfigndad. Great seller, product exactly as described and fast shipping. Two thumbs up!

#4572 8 years ago

Finally. All 4 together.

20151227_101353_(resized).jpg

Nice. One of the few who have all 4.

#4573 8 years ago

Anyone have a source for alternate translights for my ST-Pro ???

Searched Ebay and web came up with nothing in the US. Someone did a nice one a year ago but has gone off the radar ( copyright reasons I assume) .

Santa brought me a ST-Pro and its not only beautiful to look at but a really fun game. I am not a Star Trek Movie guy, so the translight really isn't appealing to me, someone please reply a solution , or PM me if you would rather remain anonymous .
Thanks,
Joey P

#4574 8 years ago

arich no longer offers them as Stern sent him a request.
your only option is secondhand.

#4575 8 years ago

I was wondering if anyone has or had issues with the Vengeance ship on Star Trek Prem or LE turning drastically to the right. I looked at the cabling on my machine and tried everything and cannot get the ship to stay straight. I don't believe any other adjustments are available on the ship. I was wondering the different techniques people used to get this accomplished. It has been happening from day one. Thanks for the help.

#4576 8 years ago

Yeah. I've given up trying to keep it straight

#4577 8 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

I was wondering if anyone has or had issues with the Vengeance ship on Star Trek Prem or LE turning drastically to the right. I looked at the cabling on my machine and tried everything and cannot get the ship to stay straight. I don't believe any other adjustments are available on the ship. I was wondering the different techniques people used to get this accomplished. It has been happening from day one. Thanks for the help.

take the glass off.. adjust accordingly.. cry when it immediately goes back to one side and tilted.

#4578 8 years ago

take the glass off.. adjust accordingly.. cry when it immediately goes back to one side and tilted.

I don't know. I tend to think the ship is supposed to be tilted somewhat. Like it is coming out of a sharp turn and zeroing in on you. I like it like that.

#4579 8 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

Mine is exactly the same. Learned to love it pointing to the right ... 'cause I couldnt make it stay straight!

#4580 8 years ago

Ok I am officially in, Picked this beauty up Saturday from a friend, was new out of box with Zero plays. A signed by Steve Ritchie playfield to boot! I was on the fence for either a TWD prem. or the STLE I am liking my decision plus this seems to be a pretty much a unobtainium pin at this point.

P3230423_(resized).jpgP3230423_(resized).jpg

#4581 8 years ago
Quoted from 80spit:

Ok I am officially in, Picked this beauty up Saturday from a friend, was new out of box with Zero plays. A signed by Steve Ritchie playfield to boot! I was on the fence for either a TWD prem. or the STLE I am liking my decision plus this seems to be a pretty much a unobtainium pin at this point.

P3230423_(resized).jpg

Congrats! I think all LE playfields are signed by Steve ritchie.

#4582 8 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Mine is exactly the same. Learned to love it pointing to the right ... 'cause I couldnt make it stay straight!

Mine is so to the right you cant see the top lanes. I tried everything. I am getting to the point where I dont care. lol. Thanks for the ideas everyone.

#4583 8 years ago

That LE is amazing. I would have loved to get one. I fell very fortunate that I got the poor mans LE. Love the extra lights

#4584 8 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Yeah. I've given up trying to keep it straight

How many games do you guys have on your machines?
I'd this common, anyone else?

#4585 8 years ago

Congrats! I think all LE playfields are signed by Steve ritchie.

Correct. Was one of the reasons for me price... that and potatoes

#4586 8 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Correct. Was one of the reasons for me price... that and potatoes

We pay in the thousands for these machines, couldn't they have like the designer sign the Pros then in the LE and Prems, have Gary Stern and designer?

#4587 8 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-vengeance-ship-leaning-and-alignment-fix

#4588 8 years ago

Trekkie, I checked that post out already. Didn't quite help me. My ship leans to the right, Elf's leaned to the left. I also tried some of his fixes which did not work unfortunately. Mine is incredibly crooked. I will look at it when I have time and some patience.

#4589 8 years ago

I just installed Zitt's Pop Bumper Caps. They look great. Great mod Zitt. Video and Website links listed below.

Blog Entry :
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2015/12/29/mod-install-stern-star-trek-zitt-bumper-top-install/

YouTube :

http://www.pinballsupernova.com/star%20trek%20pop%20bumper%20install%20zitt.html

2-st-pop-mod_(resized).jpg2-st-pop-mod_(resized).jpg

7-st-pop-mod_(resized).jpg7-st-pop-mod_(resized).jpg

#4590 8 years ago

Welcome Shooter glad you could make it!! How odd,my ST/pre doesn't have volume trouble,or,my vengeance doesn't lean to the right,either!!!HMMMM

#4591 8 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

Mine is so to the right you cant see the top lanes. I tried everything. I am getting to the point where I dont care. lol. Thanks for the ideas everyone.

I found that the cable management clips weren't allowing the wiring enough play to keep the ship straight, so I just removed them completely. The ship straightened out and I haven't had any issues with the wires getting caught or snagged on anything.

#4592 8 years ago

I suspected the cable tie being too taught as well.

#4593 8 years ago

ENTERPRISE AMOK!!!!

After five months and maybe 1900 games (with five ball game and generous extra ball awards at 50, 100, 150, and 200 million) I finally ran Amok.

It was glorious. I knew on my second ball I had a chance. Everything was flowing beautifully.

I didn't complete it and I'm not sure what was happening, but it was AMOK!

#4594 8 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

ENTERPRISE AMOK!!!!
After five months and maybe 1900 games (with five ball game and generous extra ball awards at 50, 100, 150, and 200 million) I finally ran Amok.
It was glorious. I knew on my second ball I had a chance. Everything was flowing beautifully.
I didn't complete it and I'm not sure what was happening, but it was AMOK!

Congrats!

#4595 8 years ago

Does anyone know if there is a way to disable the flashers in attract mode on STLE?
The flashing is a bit much when you share a living space with your pins.

#4596 8 years ago
Quoted from cistearns:

Does anyone know if there is a way to disable the flashers in attract mode on STLE?
The flashing is a bit much when you share a living space with your pins.

I use the power button.

#4597 8 years ago

Selling a STTNG in Central IL. PM me if interested and I can get you details.

#4598 8 years ago

Wondering if anyone here has experienced this same problem with their Stern machine (mine's a Pro) and/or can provide troubleshooting tips on how to find where the problem is. I've got an intermittent problem where, sometimes when the ball is in play, the machine will think the ball has drained-- the flippers die (as happens when the ball normally drains), and a new ball will be ejected into the shooter lane.

This started a couple of months ago, a month or so after I got the game (I'm not the 1st owner), and was then happening once every 20 games or so, but the frequency has recently increased. I've looked around under the playfield for loose connections, assuming that one of the outlanes might be triggering when it should not be, but nothing seems obviously messed up under there.

Any ideas? I've Googled around for help without success... if there is a better forum to post this query please let me know!

Thanks in advance!

Kurt

#4599 8 years ago

You're probably better off starting a new help thread, but definitely start by checking the switch test because you could have a duff trough switch or connection.

#4600 8 years ago

Sounds like vibration induced switches or optos. Put machine in switch mode and test with vibration

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mechanicsville, VA
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 64.99
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 10,797 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 216.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/92 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.