PXL_20240127_043801582.MP (resized).jpg
Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
There are 10,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 217.
#4451 8 years ago

Say it an't so... Abrams is a hack! Good riddance!

#4452 8 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I couldn't have said it better. The first movie was ok despite JJ and he flat out ruined the second.

#4453 8 years ago

Looks like a decent entry into the Fast and Furious series, why is it set in space?

#4454 8 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

So you prefer Fast and Furious Star Trek? Trailer was bad....

#4455 8 years ago

And I liked Into Darkness.

#4456 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

Looks like a decent entry into the Fast and Furious series, why is it set in space?

Exactly....

#4457 8 years ago

I think any Star Trek is good Star Trek.

Weird choice of trailer music, certainly they aren't milking the license for that Beastie Boys tune

#4458 8 years ago

It's the general audience-ization of things for niche fanbases. WWE sucks right now in part because it's trying to put on a variety entertainment show rather than putting on a good wrestling show for wrestling fans. If they made a Star Trek movie for Trek fans, you get a couple million people excited. If you make a big budget movie with a lot of CG explosions, motorcycle jumps, cliff hanging, one liners, and the Beastie Boys, it's becomes a popcorn flick for anyone walking in off the street. The Star Trek license is just name recognition at this point.

It's a bummer.

#4459 8 years ago

I'm looking forward to the new TV show.

#4460 8 years ago

Silly question; yet worse if I didn't ask:

I am using Windex or diluted white vinegar to clean the glass on my STprem. So far I have only done this while the glass is off as I am concerned about damaging the red armor with the cleaner.

Am I being too careful? If not, what should I be using for quick cleans while the glass is still on the machine?

#4461 8 years ago
Quoted from BazaarMunchkin:

I am using Windex or diluted white vinegar to clean the glass on my STprem. So far I have only done this while the glass is off as I am concerned about damaging the red armor with the cleaner.
Am I being too careful? If not, what should I be using for quick cleans while the glass is still on the machine?

Its a good idea to take the glass off to clean with windex.
On my xmen magneto I used windex to clean with the glass on and looked at the paper towel afterwords and there was red/pink from the powder coat on it. Needless to say not impressed with that.

It didn't look as if if affected the powder coat. But I never did it again to see if kept coming off.

Glass off from then on.

#4462 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Trailer is out for the 3rd Star Trek movie. I dunno....kinda makes me miss JJ directing.

Wow, does that ever look cornball. What are they thinking?

#4463 8 years ago

That looks good...what ya talkin about?

#4464 8 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

I couldn't have said it better. The first movie was ok despite JJ and he flat out ruined the second.

Neither were fantastic but I thought the second was better than the first.

#4465 8 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I see you're really looking forward to the new Star Wars!

#4466 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That looks good...what ya talkin about?

I'll admit to not being the hugest Star Trek fan, but I always felt it was about smarter sci-fi not cliff hangers (literally) and one liners. It looks really, REALLY dumb.

#4467 8 years ago

I used a 50/50 mix of isosyphrl alcohol and distilled water. This is jjp recommendation for their invisiglass which I also happen to have. Been using it for years, Works great!

#4468 8 years ago

Movie trailers are made to capture as much of an audience as possible. Star Trek fans (like me) will see the movie no matter what. They're trying to get more people. So, I don't think you can necessarily tell anything from the trailer. I liked the past two movies, but also wouldn't mind if they went in a more cerebral direction. It doesn't look like that's going to happen, but again you can't really tell from a trailer.

#4469 8 years ago

And I liked Into Darkness.

Off my planet. Seriously. Go... far... away!

Quoted from Astropin:

I see you're really looking forward to the new Star Wars!

Yes... looking forward to millions of Star Wars fans cursing his name... and the lense flares.

I haven't watched the trailer... and I'm not planning to... maybe during star wars in January.

#4470 8 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Off my planet. Seriously. Go... far... away!

Yes... looking forward to millions of Star Wars fans cursing his name... and the lense flares.
I haven't watched the trailer... and I'm not planning to... maybe during Star Wars in January.

You have a pin that primarily revolves around Into Darkness!

#4471 8 years ago

Not silly at all. I've used SprayAway for 5+ years with no issues. Been using it now on RRWOZ and although only owned for 5 months - no issues with Invisiglass either. I love the way it cleans "streak free"! Amazon link at bottom of post. 71Col1Cx4QL._SY679_.jpg71Col1Cx4QL._SY679_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Sprayway-Glass-Cleaner-Aerosol-Spray/dp/B0052V1JA2/ref=sr_1_2

#4472 8 years ago

I really liked the two new star treks. They did a lot of comical throw backs to the original and the ever changing and evolving story was fun to follow. Guess I suck, but at least I enjoy shit being a sucky person

#4473 8 years ago

You have a pin that primarily revolves around Into Darkness!

Humm... no.. I'm naïve and believe it's all based upon the first move.
Pin != Support of the trash known as STWOK:Reboot and hacked.

#4474 8 years ago

is that Darth Maul's albino sister in the new ST movie?

#4475 8 years ago

They should have just pulled Nero and DTD and added a mode about Kahn's attack on StarFleet Headquarters, and Kirk's threesome with the cat chicks.

Pure Into Darkness pin!

#4476 8 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Movie trailers are made to capture as much of an audience as possible. Star Trek fans (like me) will see the movie no matter what.

Same here and I'll buy it when it comes out on dvd....hopefully in 3D.

#4477 8 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

I'm looking forward to the new TV show.

Me too.....as long as it's on broadcast.

#4478 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Me too.....as long as it's on broadcast.

I thought it was stream online only.

#4479 8 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

I thought it was stream online only.

If it is I'm out till they come out on dvd.

#4480 8 years ago

You have to pay for a subscription to CBS all access or something and stream online. I'm out too until the DVDs come out. I'm not paying for CBS.

#4481 8 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

I'll admit to not being the hugest Star Trek fan, but I always felt it was about smarter sci-fi not cliff hangers (literally) and one liners. It looks really, REALLY dumb.

The movie was written by Simon Pegg. He's a talented guy and all, but it's not like he's known for his intellectual storytelling ...

#4482 8 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

You have to pay for a subscription to CBS all access or something and stream online. I'm out too until the DVDs come out. I'm not paying for CBS.

In other words your paying to watch ads. And how much do you want to bet that people will be watching all the great cg effects an a 3 inch screen.

#4483 8 years ago

Someone need to stop complaining about CBS... and start a write in campaign or petition to change their behavior. Any volunteers?

#4484 8 years ago

About the tird JJ Trekverse movie. Mom always said if you cant say something nice.
Yea I said turd

#4485 8 years ago

Anyone install one of these playfield protectors on their pro?
Does it require taking off all the stuff from the playfield like bumpers etc or do they slip over?
Would you recommend this one or can someone link a better one?
Will this prevent dimpling?

ebay.com link: Playfield Protector for STERN Star Trek PRO Pinball Machine

#4486 8 years ago

So some of my rubber post bumpers and rubber bands are showing signs of heavy wear.

Recommendation for a kit to replace them?

#4487 8 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

So some of my rubber post bumpers and rubber bands are showing signs of heavy wear.
Recommendation for a kit to replace them?

I like the clear super mini post rubbers. I forget the size but think these are it.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3305

For everything else, Titan rubbers work really well and look great in colors (not clear, though).

#4488 8 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

Anyone install one of these playfield protectors on their pro?
Does it require taking off all the stuff from the playfield like bumpers etc or do they slip over?
Would you recommend this one or can someone link a better one?
Will this prevent dimpling?
ebay.com link » Playfield Protector For Stern Star Trek Pro Pinball Machine

Personally I would never do something like that. And yes you world have to remove everything. If I was that anal about it (and I'm not) I would just have the playfield professionally cleared.

The dimples will work themselves out eventually.

#4489 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Personally I would never do something like that. And yes you world have to remove everything. If I was that anal about it (and I'm not) I would just have the playfield professionally cleared.
The dimples will work themselves out eventually.

100% agree.

Also, please accept this picture in place of my 1000 words on this subject:
7994-1.zoom.a[1].jpg7994-1.zoom.a[1].jpg

#4490 8 years ago

Ok, guess you guys have made it clear not to get the playfield protector, so how do you feel about this Cliffy set for the pro?

ST-STPro-SET1.jpgST-STPro-SET1.jpg

#4491 8 years ago

Cliffy the crap out of it.
I installed much of mine before I played much. Still think I have a few parts to install such as the magnet and vuk cliffy. Just lazy.

#4492 8 years ago

I don't cliffy unless it needs it later. I put the inner protectors only.

#4493 8 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Movie trailers are made to capture as much of an audience as possible. Star Trek fans (like me) will see the movie no matter what. They're trying to get more people. So, I don't think you can necessarily tell anything from the trailer. I liked the past two movies, but also wouldn't mind if they went in a more cerebral direction. It doesn't look like that's going to happen, but again you can't really tell from a trailer.

Exactly, and this is pure awesomeness. Wrath of Kahn "Sabotage" trailer:

#4494 8 years ago

I got the pinbits saucer kit that came i think with some nacelle plastics for the enterprise
Where can i get nacelle plastic enhancements for the vengance?

Thanks!

BobC

#4495 8 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

Where can i get nacelle plastic enhancements for the vengance?

Are you talking about my Mod?
http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/modifications-do-it-yourself-vengeance-nacelle-mod-p-33.html

You might also want to check out the comprehensive mod list:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-comprehensive-mod-list

#4496 8 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Exactly, and this is pure awesomeness. Wrath of Kahn "Sabotage" trailer:

Every time I walk back into this thread.... It feels great. Thank you sir, I found that quite... amazing.

!!

#4497 8 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

Ok, guess you guys have made it clear not to get the playfield protector, so how do you feel about this Cliffy set for the pro?

Get slot protectors for where the ball drops to the PF from alpha, and beta ramps.!

#4498 8 years ago
Quoted from Fresh_Wax:

Get slot protectors for where the ball drops to the PF from alpha, and beta ramps.!

Quoted from Fresh_Wax:

This is what I installed as well, lot of wear on those spots.

Also the ramp protectors are a good idea, I lost a chunk of ramp at the entrance before I installed them.

#4500 8 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

This is what I installed as well, lot of wear on those spots.
Also the ramp protectors are a good idea, I lost a chunk of ramp at the entrance before I installed them.

Can you give me a link?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

3,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 64.99
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

There are 10,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 217.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/90 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.