7F9AB82F-9D3E-4913-A873-BC41DC20A471 (resized).jpeg
1E5F0717-2377-4CDA-A212-4F95406345F9 (resized).jpeg
43D992F8-C321-4111-B587-6FCB9F2FEE4C (resized).jpeg
F63605F6-A283-483B-AB1E-724D55C4F292 (resized).jpeg
C0DD0A83-57FC-457F-9704-E7498C2D7D7E (resized).jpeg
45B61254-1DCF-4D6C-8D6B-95F1239F8F92 (resized).png
43F40F00-BF12-4BCC-B672-BB907A3B86CD (resized).png
0E0451D3-7707-4EFA-8EE2-11D2368E5FE8 (resized).png

There are 10,267 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 206.
#4351 6 years ago

Can you combine double scoring with Kobayashi Maru? I just played a game where I timed everything perfectly and hit Warp 9.1 right before I began Kobayashi Maru. It awarded me 50M for the medals, but I think it should have been 100M if it was doubled. I also noticed that the crazy rainbow apron lights weren't on during Kobayashi Maru.

#4352 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Can you combine double scoring with Kobayashi Maru? I just played a game where I timed everything perfectly and hit Warp 9.1 right before I began Kobayashi Maru. It awarded me 50M for the medals, but I think it should have been 100M if it was doubled. I also noticed that the crazy rainbow apron lights weren't on during Kobayashi Maru.

Yes it's stackable. Something must have happened to trigger kobayashi before double scoring?

#4353 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yes it's stackable. Something must have happened to trigger kobayashi before double scoring?

I definitely heard the "double scoring" callout and also saw it on the DMD. Perhaps I started KM so fast that it hadn't officially kicked in yet. If double scoring was active during KM, the apron lights should have been on during it, correct?

#4354 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Medal awards are definitely doubled. In koby maru, not sure. It no longer says dbl scoring on screen and point shown seem be regular. Hard to see because point values vary.

#4355 6 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Medal awards are definitely doubled. In koby maru, not sure. It no longer says dbl scoring on screen and point shown seem be regular. Hard to see because point values vary.

So it's possible that my medal total would have been only 25M and was doubled to 50M.

#4356 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

So it's possible that my medal total would have been only 25M and was doubled to 50M.

To get 50m, you would have to have a lot of extra medals or a lot of gold. If I remember right, you get 10m for full set of bronze and 20m for full set of silver. So if you got all bronze (easy), some silver, and a gold or two that would be 25m. That's about what I usually get for just playing lv1 modes.

#4357 6 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

To get 50m, you would have to have a lot of extra medals or a lot of gold. If I remember right, you get 10m for full set of bronze and 20m for full set of silver. So if you got all bronze (easy), some silver, and a gold or two that would be 25m. That's about what I usually get for just playing lv1 modes.

I didn't play any level 2 modes, so in all likelihood, my medal total was indeed doubled. That still leaves the question about whether or not my KM jackpots were doubled. Without the apron lights being on, I had no way of knowing if they were or not.

#4358 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I didn't play any level 2 modes, so in all likelihood, my medal total was indeed doubled. That still leaves the question about whether or not my KM jackpots were doubled. Without the apron lights being on, I had no way of knowing if they were or not.

I'm pretty sure they are doubled. What's not doubled in kobayashi are 2X multipliers from going 3 deep on missions. I brought this up to Dwight and he said he'd add it to the list but not to expect an update for it for quite sometime.

#4359 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I'm pretty sure they are doubled.

So then the apron lights being off is a bug.

#4360 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

So then the apron lights being off is a bug.

I think it's intended just as black hole, top lanes, and shield kick back are off. They did this to kind of simulate how the kobayashi Maru is in the movie where it's designed to make you fail and how you react to wtf situations.

#4361 6 years ago

So after having ST since August I finally cried uncle and set my game to five balls per game.

It feels a little cheaty...but the enjoyment level has gone up. My 8 year old managed to finish a house record nine missions on his first go.

#4362 6 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

So after having ST since August I finally cried uncle and set my game to five balls per game.
It feels a little cheaty...but the enjoyment level has gone up. My 8 year old managed to finish a house record nine missions on his first go.

It's a home game so it is all about the enjoyment. Don't feel guilty. I have mine set for easy extra balls at Warp 4 and 30 million, so I essentially play 5 ball games when I do a halfway decent job.

#4363 6 years ago

If one wants their game set to 10 balls, I say set it to 10 balls.

For the amount we pay for these games, we better have them set to our liking.

#4364 6 years ago

I run both stng and stle as 6 ball games, because for me its about the journey... not the skill

#4365 6 years ago

I agree. And For you LE and PREM owners you may want to put shields kickback from easy to extra easy. With the wider outlane I've enjoyed this setting giving the kickback more gameplay action.

#4366 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I agree. And For you LE and PREM owners you may want to put shields kickback from easy to extra easy. With the wider outlane I've enjoyed this setting giving the kickback more gameplay action.

I just wish there was a way to modify the kickback so it had a little more, you know ..... kick. I don't understand what is fundamentally different about the kickback on ST, but it is way less consistent than any other game I own.

#4367 6 years ago

http://www.startrekcontinues.com/aboutus.html
Virtual 360 tours of the bridge, main deck (including transporter, medical bay, cpt kirk's quarters, etc), and the new engine room.

#4368 6 years ago

So I installed the Freddy ramp protectors on the Alpha and Beta ramps a few days ago. I did this after losing a chunk out of the Alpha ramp which I found in the VUK where it jammed a ball.

First, they look seamless. And they completely cover the missing piece that broke off.

I did struggle a little bit with how tight the fit was over the factory protectors. Bending them was a little tricky. But I got them all in place after about thirty minutes total of bending and fitting.

Quite pleased with the product, appearance, functionality, and service from Freddy.

And I enjoyed reading the German personal ads in the paper he used for packing.

#4369 6 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

So I installed the FREDDY ramp protectors on the Alpha and Beta ramps a few days ago. I did this after losing a chunk out of the Alpha ramp which I found in the VUK where it jammed a ball.
First, they look seamless. And they completely cover the missing piece that broke off.
I did struggle a little bit with how tight the fit was over the factory protectors. Bending them was a little tricky. But I got them all in place after about thirty minutes total of bending and fitting.
Quite pleased with the product, appearance, functionality, and service from FREDDY.
And I enjoyed reading the German personal ads in the paper he used for packing.

Would you recommend that everyone installs these? How do I order them?

#4370 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Would you recommend that everyone installs these? How do I order them?

1. Yes.

2. ebay.com link: 2 ramp protector sets for Stern Star Trek pinball alpha beta ramp

#4371 6 years ago

Freddys ramp Protectors are great .
Installed on my machine before 1st game.

#4372 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I just wish there was a way to modify the kickback so it had a little more, you know ..... kick. I don't understand what is fundamentally different about the kickback on ST, but it is way less consistent than any other game I own.

I believe there is a setting for this in the feature menu.

#4373 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

I believe there is a setting for this in the feature menu.

Does the setting affect the strength or the timing? It seems like the timing is slightly off, causing weak kickbacks most of the time. I'm pretty sure my game is not unique in this sense.

#4374 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Freddys ramp Protectors are great .
Installed on my machine before 1st game.

Thanks! Do you have to install these on top of the factory protectors?

#4375 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Does the setting affect the strength or the timing? It seems like the timing is slightly off, causing weak kickbacks most of the time. I'm pretty sure my game is not unique in this sense.

I agree the kickback is inconsistent, but yes I believe it's a strength adjustment

Feature adjustment #47 , left eject power.

#4376 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Thanks! Do you have to install these on top of the factory protectors?

Yes, from what I remember they install over the stock ones. It's a tight fit with some twisting like previously mentioned but they look great and and are very sturdy.

#4377 6 years ago

Thanks again! I just ordered a set. Neither of my ramps are cracked, but I might as well keep them mint.

#4378 6 years ago

Just ripped off a few games this morning after being away for thanksgiving, damn this game is fun, glad to be home.
Anyone else love getting home just to play ?

#4379 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Thanks again! I just ordered a set. Neither of my ramps are cracked, but I might as well keep them mint.

Yeah, mine weren't cracked either the first 1200 games or so. Then I found a missing chunk of ramp in my VUK when it stopped launching balls.

I installed the Cliffy protectors over the inlane rollover switches right away but wasn't ready to drop close to $50 for the ramp protectors. My mistake. They are really beefy and the price includes tracked shipping from Germany.

But they're on now and I no longer worry about cracked ramps. The balls could get nicked a little more but those are a cheap, no work replacement.

#4380 6 years ago

Also, oiled spinner for more than 1 million per shot followed by multiple warp ramps in a row kicks ass.

#4381 6 years ago

Looking at the ramp protectors on eBay and it looks like they go under and not over the factory protectors. Is this correct?

#4382 6 years ago
Quoted from Zadom:

Looking at the ramp protectors on eBay and it looks like they go under and not over the factory protectors. Is this correct?

Ya i may have that backwards , either way good product.

#4383 6 years ago

Has anyone had any issues with the ball going SDTM when starting vengeance and/or hitting the right loop shot(ball passes through the spinner lane)? How would I adjust this as I'm sure the ball is supposed to be fed to the left flipper. It almost seems that it hits something right near the spinner and it kicks it further to the right and SDTM.

Thanks

#4384 6 years ago

I set mine for 3 balls. Extra ball awarded at 5 warp ramps, 25M, 75M, 125M, and 200M.

#4385 6 years ago

I think I'm missing how to award extra balls for reaching certain scores...

#4386 6 years ago

It's your replay settings.

Set it up to award an extra ball instead of a credit.

Then you can set the number of levels and what scores it will award it at.

#4387 6 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Has anyone had any issues with the ball going SDTM when starting vengeance and/or hitting the right loop shot(ball passes through the spinner lane)? How would I adjust this as I'm sure the ball is supposed to be fed to the left flipper. It almost seems that it hits something right near the spinner and it kicks it further to the right and SDTM.
Thanks

Check if your game is level. You could check your spinner and make sure it is not binding. You might want to also check your balls and make sure they are in good shape.

#4388 6 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

You might want to also check your balls and make sure they are in good shape.

#4389 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

It's your replay settings.
Set it up to award an extra ball instead of a credit.
Then you can set the number of levels and what scores it will award it at.

Ugh...why didn't I ask this question months ago??

Thanks! Changing it as soon as I get home tonight.

#4390 6 years ago

Sokath, his eyes opened!

#4391 6 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

You might want to also check your balls and make sure they are in good shape.

#4392 6 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

I set mine for 3 balls. Extra ball awarded at 5 warp ramps, 25M, 75M, 125M, and 200M.

I made similiar setting adjustments tonight
3 Ball
Extra Ball 7 warp shots
50 million , 100 mil, 150mil, 200mil
Made it to KM first game had double scoring running, and apron lights not running.
So to answer previous question I guess this is normal.

#4393 6 years ago

Let me add it was great playing deeper into the game with the new settings, and that was my first game. Guests will also enjoy it much more I think.

#4394 6 years ago

I hope there will be a xmas update to finish ST and get rid of the remaining bugs.

#4395 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Definitely. It only shows the doubled value on the grand total amount for some reason.

#4396 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Let me add it was great playing deeper into the game with the new settings, and that was my first game. Guests will also enjoy it much more I think.

I need to adjust the ball award settings, but I like this better than just five balls per game. The extras are there but you have to win them.

KM is coming up frequently now for us, but the level two missions are still just as difficult as always.

Much more satisfying.

#4397 6 years ago

My Vengance ship seems to be firing randomly, and Im not sure what could be causing it. It seems to lunge forward when you launch a ball into play, and when lots of things are going on. I tried jostling the machine to see if it was a tight switch but nothing happened. Could this be an opto issue?

#4398 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballpete:

My Vengance ship seems to be firing randomly, and Im not sure what could be causing it. It seems to lunge forward when you launch a ball into play, and when lots of things are going on. I tried jostling the machine to see if it was a tight switch but nothing happened. Could this be an opto issue?

Check back earlier in this thread. Several people, including myself, have had this. You need to make a little shim the size of the plastic bridge that the drop target hangs on. This adds a little thickness, and helps the drop target catch and hang onto the bridge. I used a credit card to make the shim. Make it the whole length of the bridge, and drill holes onto either side so the screws can pass through.

#4400 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballpete:

I'm not good with links when posting on my mobile device. But if you go to sterns website, they have a tech bulletin for their drop targets. In short, the fix for me was placing a washer under the left screw for the drop target.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
There are 10,267 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 206.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!