Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
DSCN3234 (resized).JPG
There are 10,797 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 216.
#4251 8 years ago

blunt-talk.jpgblunt-talk.jpg

Anyone know if Patrick Stewarts new show is on demand streaming anywhere? I do not have "Starz" the show is on episode 10 already.

#4252 8 years ago

Ok, I think the only way is if I subscribe to Starz On Demand then watch on demand online via my cable provider.

#4253 8 years ago

I wouldn't go out of my way. I've tried all season to give this show a chance.... but it's just not my cup of tea.

#4254 8 years ago

To adjust warp ramp, i would loosen the circled screw below and can move end of ramp down a little as arrow indicates and tighten? thanks

warp ramp.JPGwarp ramp.JPG

#4255 8 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I wouldn't go out of my way. I've tried all season to give this show a chance.... but it's just not my cup of tea.

Well, as you already know I am a big fan of Patrick Stewart. In my case, he can do anything and I am entertained. I seen him perform live in a play with Ian McKellen it was a very slow british play but I still enjoyed it. So far, Blunt Talk is a little odd, but I like it and look forward to the rest of the season.

#4256 8 years ago

How much of the ST Pro playfield is covered in Mylar?

I have ball trails on the inlanes and outlanes. I picked up some Novus 2, microcloth towels, and Meguiars carnauba wax. I was going to give a careful and focused cleaning on the lanes and then wax this areas thus weekend.

So I was wondering just what the playfield is covered with and if I'm ok to do the Novus 2 and wax anyplace on said playfield.

#4257 8 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

I have ball trails on the inlanes and outlanes. I picked up some Novus 2, microcloth towels, and Meguiars carnauba wax. I was going to give a careful and focused cleaning on the lanes and then wax this areas thus weekend.
So I was wondering just what the playfield is covered with and if I'm ok to do the Novus 2 and wax anyplace on said playfield.

Stay away from Novus 2. Use Novus 1 for regular cleaning.

#4258 8 years ago

playfield is covered with clear and small pieces of mylar in some areas.
i wouldn't use novus 2 for that kind of dirt (it's not deep enough) and will remove some shine, like captain kirk said, novus 1 for regular cleaning, regular carnauba wax is enough.

#4259 8 years ago

Thanks, guys. I'll get a bottle of Novus 1 for this light cleaning.

#4260 8 years ago

my next gen has been in pieces for a few years now. the history of mine was it was from a arcade in Portugal across the road from the beach, so lots of rusty parts under the PF.
after many hours of removing the rust and what was left of the zinc plating (i had to dip all metal the parts in Hydrochloric acid) i then nickle plated and polished most of the under pf parts.
some before shots and after shots, 1 showing the difference between new zinc plated and polished nickle plated
note the mirror image of the coil on the catapult pic

P1000200.jpgP1000200.jpg
P1000264.jpgP1000264.jpg
P1000269.jpgP1000269.jpg
P1000368.jpgP1000368.jpg
P1000380.jpgP1000380.jpg
P1000382a.jpgP1000382a.jpg
P1000383.jpgP1000383.jpg
P1000384.jpgP1000384.jpg

#4261 8 years ago

can i join this the star trek club now?

#4262 8 years ago

pf before and after, but i wasn't happy enough with after so i have ordered a re-pro PF and i will be getting it CCed

P1000170.jpgP1000170.jpg

P1000282a.jpgP1000282a.jpg

#4263 8 years ago

I am now a proud owner of a Star Trek Pro, this is my very first nib and I am pleased with the game itself. No faults, not yet anyway *touch wood*. IMG_20151106_175855.jpgIMG_20151106_175855.jpg

#4264 8 years ago
Quoted from beaky:

can i join this the Star Trek club now?

Anyone who nickel plates their STNG.... is automatically in the club.

#4265 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

I am now a proud owner of a Star Trek Pro, this is my very first nib and I am pleased with the game itself. No faults, not yet anyway *touch wood*. IMG_20151106_175855.jpg

She's a beaut! welcome to the club.

#4266 8 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Blunt Talk is a little odd.

I agree. One thing that is striking is how cheap it must be to create a show like this. All canned office sets and street views. That is why good Sci-Fi TV is so rare any more. I hope the new Star trek in 2017 can survive.

#4267 8 years ago
Quoted from beaky:

pf before and after, but i wasn't happy enough with after so i have ordered a re-pro PF and i will be getting it CCed

P1000170.jpg P1000282a.jpg

Quoted from beaky:

my next gen has been in pieces for a few years now. the history of mine was it was from a arcade in Portugal across the road from the beach, so lots of rusty parts under the PF.
after many hours of removing the rust and what was left of the zinc plating (i had to dip all metal the parts in Hydrochloric acid) i then nickle plated and polished most of the under pf parts.
some before shots and after shots, 1 showing the difference between new zinc plated and polished nickle plated
note the mirror image of the coil on the catapult pic
P1000200.jpg
P1000264.jpg
P1000269.jpg
P1000368.jpg
P1000380.jpg
P1000382a.jpg
P1000383.jpg
P1000384.jpg

OUTSTANDING attention to detail. Welcome to the club.

#4268 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

I am now a proud owner of a Star Trek Pro, this is my very first nib and I am pleased with the game itself. No faults, not yet anyway *touch wood*. IMG_20151106_175855.jpg

Welcome to the club, may you never get bored with it.

#4269 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Welcome to the club, may you never get bored with it.

don't you worry, it's not going anywhere

Quoted from Eskaybee:

She's a beaut! welcome to the club.

Thank you !

#4270 8 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Anyone who nickel plates their STNG.... i automatically in the club.

I'm thinking this is the new mod for the 21'st century. )

#4271 8 years ago

Got to kobayashi maru multiball Collage 2015-11-18 08_22_47.jpgCollage 2015-11-18 08_22_47.jpg

#4272 8 years ago

I picked up some cliffys from ebay im not sure where this one gos the one that looks like a razor blade marked in red if anyone can chime in that would be great thanks

Star_trek_Pro_Cliffy.jpgStar_trek_Pro_Cliffy.jpg

#4273 8 years ago
Quoted from Turboderf:

I picked up some cliffys from ebay im not sure where this one gos the one that looks like a razor blade marked in red if anyone can chime in that would be great thanks
Star_trek_Pro_Cliffy.jpg

the opposite side of the shooter lane protector, it goes under the wood lane guide on the right

#4274 8 years ago

Stern sent me two little shelves for the drop target. Most have cost 2 cents to make, and $10 to ship to me!

I correctly added a credit card shim, covering the whole shelf, drilling two holes into the shim. Everything seems to be working juts fine!

Thanks everyone!

#4275 8 years ago

what does enabling directors cut actually do to the game ?

#4276 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Stern sent me two little shelves for the drop target. Most have cost 2 cents to make, and $10 to ship to me!
I correctly added a credit card shim, covering the whole shelf, drilling two holes into the shim. Everything seems to be working juts fine!
Thanks everyone!

Keep us posted. You'll know after the ball gets stuck on top of the drop target and it goes up and down a bunch of times if it's going to crack or not.

My broken shelf with washers on the wrong side holding it together has been going strong for months now. Go figure.

#4277 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

the opposite side of the shooter lane protector, it goes under the wood lane guide on the right

for the life of me I cant figure out hows this mounts can someone post a pic thanks

#4278 8 years ago

only pic I have, It goes between the black wood and the white wood, loosen all of the screws holding the black wood then remove the screw in the picture, then the black wood should be loose, place the piece in and put everything back together

#4279 8 years ago

so it gos under the black wood by the auto kicker not where the ball kicks out into the shooter lane thanks will try to put it on tonight

#4280 8 years ago
Quoted from Turboderf:

so it gos under the black wood by the auto kicker not where the ball kicks out into the shooter lane thanks will try to put it on tonight

I's a compliment part to the kick out protector, it runs parallel with the black wood

#4281 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

Got to kobayashi maru multiball :P2015-11-07_17.06.58.jpg

Nice job! And ... nice work with Photogrid

#4282 8 years ago

Anyone else notice that automated keeps having 1 last Premium for sale every 2 weeks?

Totally disgusting what they are charging for it.

#4283 8 years ago

New gc score tonight on ST - 563m. Still no Enterprise Amok, though. Close but still several modes away. Best part was defeating the Vengeance and getting 47m. It would of been even better getting that on a combo but decided not to get greedy after trying a few times.

One thing I did notice is that double scoring was no longer displayed after entering Koby Maru on warp 9.9. Someone else pointed that out earlier. I did end up with a lot of points after hitting most of the shots in Koby Maru so maybe double scoring was still active. Hard to say.

#4284 8 years ago

So I'd like to give a big, sarcastic "thanks for that", to the person that suggested I oil the spinner on my ST Pro.

For the last week I've been obsessed with increasing the spinner value to the detriment of everything else. Last night I had double scoring from the Warp ramp and was hitting the spinner for close to five million points a shot. That sucker just keeps spinning endlessly and it's become my primary focus.

Gahhh...make it stop!

#4285 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Anyone else notice that automated keeps having 1 last Premium for sale every 2 weeks?
Totally disgusting what they are charging for it.

Yikes. That is crazy. I have one NIB (only because I don't have space to set it up) that I picked up a couple weeks ago but didn't pay anywhere near that much.

#4286 8 years ago

I would like my spinner to spin a little faster .
What did you use ?

#4287 8 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

I would like my spinner to spin a little faster .
What did you use ?

Zoom Spout oil from Ace Hardware. One tiny droplet on each side where the wire rests on the mount.

I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it. The thing spins like a sumbitch now.

The points you can pick up are obscene when the spinner value increases.

Do a search on making the spinner faster, there's a recent thread.

#4288 8 years ago

I would be a bit nervous about putting oil inside a pin, especially on a spinning part of the play field. It is not making a mess for you?

#4289 8 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I would be a bit nervous about putting oil inside a pin, especially on a spinning part of the play field. It is not making a mess for you?

Wiped up a few tiny droplets the first few games, that was it. Seems like a lot Of people do this, actually.

#4290 8 years ago

Novus 1'd the playfield tonight and put down my first ever cost of carnauba wax.

Jeebus criminy.

This thing is playing so friggin fast I can't even follow the ball half the time.

#4291 8 years ago

I need some help im installing a shaker motor kit on ST pro and im having trouble with the small board in the kit im not sure where it gos It says J2 which is the left lower board in the back box but the pins don't line up if some one can post up a pics thank you very much

#4292 8 years ago

Novus 1'd the playfield tonight and put down my first ever cost of carnauba wax.
Jeebus criminy.
This thing is playing so friggin fast I can't even follow the ball half the time.

Yeah, unfortunately, you'll now have to wait about 50 games or so before that ball slows down.

#4293 8 years ago
Quoted from Turboderf:

I need some help im installing a shaker motor kit on ST pro and im having trouble with the small board in the kit im not sure where it gos It says J2 which is the left lower board in the back box but the pins don't line up if some one can post up a pics thank you very much

The cab should already be wired for the shaker, no need to go into the backbox. I'm about ready to leave for work, only had time to snap a quick pic. If you still need help, I can post pics with playfield up later.

shakerconnections.jpgshakerconnections.jpg

#4294 8 years ago

This is the little board in question and im told it gos on this board but pins don't line up

shaker_3.pngshaker_3.png

shaker_1.pngshaker_1.png

#4295 8 years ago
Quoted from Turboderf:

This is the little board in question and im told it gos on this board but pins don't line up

shaker_3.pngshaker_1.png

What the heck is that little board? Where did you get your shaker motor from? This is what you should have got:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1352

Motor for inside cab by coin door w/cover and one pcb board that mounts on the side right next to it. There's pre made holes and everything for both parts. The 5 pin connector from the motor goes to the pcb board you mounted and I think that's your J2, then there's an existing 7 pin connector right there that plugs in. I thought there was a power pin connector cable too that you had to tie into the back of the cab but I think stern runs that now? My memory sucks lol. But hope this helps, check out step 6 in the little tiny print at the end of this doc:

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts-blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/502-5027-00_install.pdf

#4296 8 years ago

I put my shaker in a while ago so my memory isn't so good. I remember there being just one board a only few hookups. Everything dropped right in place and connections were already there. No settings need to be changed. Super easy. If it doesn't fit then I suspect it's for other games - maybe older Stern's or new Spike games.

#4297 8 years ago

Is that maybe the new SPIKE shaker motor? If so, it won't work in Star Trek, which is a SAM system.

#4298 8 years ago

I have the shaker motor and the small board that gos under the flipper button mounted and all the wire are plugged in I found the ground wire that's in the harness also. but I have this little board left over so im guessing I don't need it but it would be nice to know what it is used for and where it may go

#4299 8 years ago

Yea I've never seen that little board before and I've installed about a dozen stern shakers. Musta got packed by accident is all I can think of.

#4300 8 years ago

Whatever that is, I've never seen it in Stern or Cointaker shakers.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Ana, CA
$ 11.00
Playfield - Decals
RGP Models

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,797 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 216.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/86 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.