Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
DSCN3234 (resized).JPG
There are 10,797 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 216.
#4201 8 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Whatever you do, don't tell him that there's actually more than one ball.

But Someone please tell him that he doesn't have to put quarters in it .

#4202 8 years ago

double post

#4203 8 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

But Someone please tell him that he doesn't have to put quarters in it .

Why wouldn't I? Do you have any idea how much revenue this thing generates with all the games me and the kids are logging??

#4204 8 years ago

Just got my Z connector from Stern and this solved my Punch it button problem. Chas from Sterns customer support was extremely helpful and got the piece out in the mail right away.

Even though it was frustrating to need this part on a NIB machine, the customer support experience was great.

#4205 8 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

Beam. Me. Up.
I just figured out that the flippers rotate which of these rollover targets are lit, allowing you to move the unlit target around to increase the chances of the ball rolling over it.
Anybody else spot this already?

I made the same "discovery" myself some time ago and posted about it only to get the same response. That's what I get for being relatively new to pinball.

#4206 8 years ago

That's ok... Pinball is a hobby you can't really shake... or like Lays... you can't have just one.

#4207 8 years ago

Has anyone had an issue with the right return lane on their ST Pro? When my ball runs down the right plastic return lane, the ball will hit the black foam circle and bounce back a few inches and then drain. I do not have this issue with the left one as it hits the black foam circle and immediately falls through the hole and gets to my left flipper. This kills the flow of the game as I have to wait for the pinball to bounce and then come back down, fall through the hole and then get to my right flipper.

Any suggestions on how to tweak this?

#4208 8 years ago

Black foam circle? I'm not at home but this doesn't sound familiar on my Pro.

#4209 8 years ago

It might be rubber but it's for when the ball rolls down the return lane and hits into the side of the plastic return. Here is a picture of it. I will post a video of what happens when I get home tonight.

image.pngimage.png

#4210 8 years ago

Hmmm...I don't remember if those are on mine or not.

#4211 8 years ago

So the left flasher by the outlane on my Pro is loose. After several ball strikes it was just a matter of time. It points to the outside of the playfield.

It's the flasher in the post just above mine, but the other side.

If I try to tighten the screw at the top of the post, the whole thing just turns.

Is there a trick for tightening the post to keep the flasher pointed where I want it?

#4212 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

I think because it wasn't the whole length. Wasn't sure how to get screw holes out of it, so just did the inside. That caused it to bow when screwed down. Too think, and stressed the plastic shelf.
Talked to Chas today. They are going to send me another.

Yes, you need it to be shaped just like the shelf so there is no "bowing". Try it again but this time make it full-size and just drill out the holes for the screws.

#4213 8 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

So the left flasher by the outlane on my Pro is loose. After several ball strikes it was just a matter of time. It points to the outside of the playfield.
It's the flasher in the post just above mine, but the other side.
If I try to tighten the screw at the top of the post, the whole thing just turns.
Is there a trick for tightening the post to keep the flasher pointed where I want it?

You have to tighten the hex riser first, then tighten the screw holding the spotlight. One tip is to point the spotlight a little to the left when tightening it. Once tight, turn it towards where it needs to point. Haven't had an issue with them working loose when doing that.

Quoted from Pmaino:

It might be rubber but it's for when the ball rolls down the return lane and hits into the side of the plastic return. Here is a picture of it. I will post a video of what happens when I get home tonight.

That's pinball and what nudging is for. You can try to replace those junk, stock rubbers with clear super mini post rubbers. They have a lot more bounce (not always a good thing) but look a lot better. They also last a lot longer especially the ones around the warp ramp.

#4214 8 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Yes, you need it to be shaped just like the shelf so there is no "bowing". Try it again but this time make it full-size and just drill out the holes for the screws.

I'll put the new shelf in first by itself. If the problem resurfaces, I'll definitely get your solution right the 2nd time.

Thanks!

#4215 8 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

When my ball runs down the right plastic return lane, the ball will hit the black foam circle and bounce back a few inches and then drain.

I had this issue - it was really killing the flow of the game. What I did was add two pieces of the foam that goes behind stand-up targets on the side of the hole closest to the player. This kinda "squeezes" the ball and prevents it from rolling back. It too me a couple of tries to get the placement right.

#4216 8 years ago

If anyone is interested, I have created a ROM for Star Trek Pro where the original music has been replaced by what I would call...."Classic Williams Pinball Hits"

Music from games such as Pinbot, Bride, F14, Rollergames, Twilight Zone, Swords of Fury and more. I've done my best to match the music with the action of the modes etc..I might tweak it more but as of right now I feel pretty good releasing it. All the sound effects are the same, only the music is different.

Follow the link below to grab it from my google drive, it's the file called PBPR0169.bin

Feedback is appreciate, thanks.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9ovSHJ82p_1TWs5WERFTDM5Ylk&usp=sharing

#4217 8 years ago
Quoted from pinb0t:

If anyone is interested, I have created a ROM for Star Trek Pro where the original music has been replaced by what I would call...."Classic Williams Pinball Hits"
Music from games such as Pinbot, Bride, F14, Rollergames, Twilight Zone, Swords of Fury and more. I've done my best to match the music with the action of the modes etc..I might tweak it more but as of right now I feel pretty good releasing it. All the sound effects are the same, only the music is different.
Follow the link below to grab it from my google drive, it's the file called PBPR0169.bin
Feedback is appreciate, thanks.

Can we see a video of this? Sounds amazing.

#4218 8 years ago
Quoted from pinb0t:

Music from games such as Pinbot, Bride, F14, Rollergames, Twilight Zone, Swords of Fury and more.

By any chance would more include Bk2k ??

#4219 8 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Can we see a video of this? Sounds amazing.

Sorry no way to record a decent video but if anyone wants to make one feel free.

Quoted from Pinballgeek:

By any chance would more include Bk2k by any chance ??

No BK2K - I had to work with what I could find on the internet. High quality recordings of pinball machines are not easy to find. I think the only games I'm missing from the above list are Earthshaker, Party Zone and Black Rose.

#4220 8 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I made the same "discovery" myself some time ago and posted about it only to get the same response. That's what I get for being relatively new to pinball.

OK - not nearly as embarrassing as you might think as I'm in hte same boat.

So what is it that you should try to do - present the "un-lit" lane where you think the ball will drop? Or, present the "lit" lane"?

Reason I ask is that on many games (like my Flintstones), you are trying to present the "lit" lane to score a skillshot bonus

Which is it on ST? I have been trying to present the "lit" lane and have not noticed any change to scoring ...

#4221 8 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Which is it on ST? I have been trying to present the "lit" lane and have not noticed any change to scoring ...

You want the ball to roll over unlit lanes every time on ST

#4222 8 years ago

On ST lighting the lanes increases the bonus multiplier. 2X, 3x etc. So you want to light all 3.
By hitting the unlit lanes.

There was a skill shot for those lanes with the early code. But it really didnt require skill.
So it was removed.

Now the skill shots are hold the left flipper, plunge the ball and hit the vengence for a super skill shot.

Also hold the right flipper, plunge hard anf hit the warp ramp. For a super skill shot.

And /or soft plunge to upper flipper and hit the warp ramp.

#4223 8 years ago

Any other Prem/LE owners who have not had a chance to get the blackout mod? The list needs to hit 15 sold for them to be made, and it is sitting at 8.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-le-laser-blackout-mod

Check it out if you have not read about it (though Im sure most have)

#4224 8 years ago
Quoted from pinb0t:

You want the ball to roll over unlit lanes every time on ST

Except during galactic lanes mode from prime directive. Then go for flashing lit lanes.

#4225 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Except during galactic lanes mode from prime directive. Then go for flashing lit lanes.

Oh yeah! Good call.

#4226 8 years ago

Can we agree this pin is pretty cool?

#4227 8 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

image.png

I'm not sure how new your machine is, but the ball speed down that ramp will slow with time. Every time I clean mine, I get the bounce back off of the rubber at the end of the ramps. After 50 games or so, it stops.

#4228 8 years ago

Been brought up here before but I'll be you didn't realize you can "stage" the right flipper(like most dual flippers). Takes a light touch, but if you only depress the right flipper button about halfway it will only trigger the lower flipper. Press all the way for both lower and upper. Hard to get the knack of in the heat of battle, but can be advantageous in certain circumstances.

Quoted from erak:

Now the skill shots are hold the left flipper, plunge the ball and hit the vengence for a super skill shot.

Slight addendum to this. The shot you have to make on the left flipper hold is not always the vengeance. It can also be the Beta ramp. one of the red combo inserts will be flashing for the shot you need to make.

#4229 8 years ago

Happyhalloweenimage.jpgimage.jpg

#4230 8 years ago

Never push a pink skin to the thin ice...

#4231 8 years ago

Does anyone know the adjustment option to keep the extra ball score minimum from rising?

#4232 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Does anyone know the adjustment option to keep the extra ball score minimum from rising?

Turn off Replay Boost.

#4233 8 years ago

does anyone know if cointaker makes a backbox led kit for the aurich art?

#4234 8 years ago

First time ever for me to get to Kobayashi Maru multiball. Getting a little better understanding the rules and making shots on this new machine. Have played right at 100 games (readout is 112 but friends and family have played too). Just broke 100MM today for first time during the Kobayashi Maru game. I had 126MM on first ball and not a ton after but was a great game! More fun when you both understand the game rules better and can more consistently make the shots. Thanks for all the help received here at Pinside

PhotoGrid_1446426311048.jpgPhotoGrid_1446426311048.jpg

#4235 8 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

First time ever for me to get to Kobayashi Maru multiball. Getting a little better understanding the rules and making shots on this new machine. Have played right at 100 games (readout is 112 but friends and family have played too). Just broke 100MM today for first time during the Kobayashi Maru game. I had 126MM on first ball and not a ton after but was a great game! More fun when you both understand the game rules better and can more consistently make the shots. Thanks for all the help received here at Pinside
PhotoGrid_1446426311048.jpg

I have to say your game is good, but your presentation is impeccable.

#4236 8 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

I think the Refinery will make you an interactive led panel to replace the fluorescent tube.

#4237 8 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

You will have to ask them. I think there used to be a kit of a light panel and Aurich's translite but that was a while ago.

#4238 8 years ago

I have added the Premium/LE version of the Star Trek code with the music replaced by classic Williams pinball music.

#4239 8 years ago

Aurich, who made the led panel for your tl?

#4241 8 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I have to say your game is good, but your presentation is impeccable.

Thx but credit goes to a super simple app called Photogrid. Free, awesome

#4242 8 years ago

The pinball refinery kit is the one that matches up with Aurichs translight.

#4243 8 years ago

Hello,fellow trekkes,a question please??? I just saw on tv,CBS is announcing a new Star Trek series,any body know what this new series is???????

#4244 8 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Hello,fellow trekkes,a question please??? I just saw on tv,CBS is announcing a new Star Trek series,any body know what this new series is???????

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-star-trek-tv-series-announced-for-cbs

#4245 8 years ago
Quoted from pinb0t:

Not my cup of tea to replace ST music with something else, but impressive that you did this

#4246 8 years ago
Quoted from miracleman:

Not my cup of tea to replace ST music with something else, but impressive that you did this

Hmmm... Klingon Multiball with ACDC Shoot To Thrill music... nah!

Rob

#4247 8 years ago
Quoted from miracleman:

Ha thanks, I know it's not for everyone. I will say though that most of the original music in the pin has nothing to do with Star Trek except for a few of the 20 or so "songs" They are more like generic "action" beats. It still feels and plays like Star Trek, just with different music in the background.

If you're brain isn't an encyclopedia of pinball knowledge like mine you probably won't care. For me, playing a 4 ball multiball to the Pinbot high score jam is like heaven

#4248 8 years ago

:applause:Thank,you,ZITT!!!

#4249 8 years ago

Here is a video of my Star Trek with the different music:

#4250 8 years ago
Quoted from pinb0t:

Here is a video of my Star Trek with the different music:
» YouTube video

Interesting!..........Different.......and a little weird.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Machine - For Sale
New Brighton, PA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gilbert, AZ
$ 63.95
$ 9.95
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 10,797 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 216.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/85 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.