PXL_20240127_043801582.MP (resized).jpg
Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
There are 10,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 217.
#351 10 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

I am also heading to Pinball Hall Of Fame tomorrow. Sadly my flight lands at 7am and they dont open till 11am. http://www.pinballmuseum.org/direct.php

What about the annex at the Riviera? Or Flipperspiel?

#352 10 years ago

hmm I don't know of these places. I am looking them up now.

#353 10 years ago

Have any of you had power problems by virtue of adding a shaker motor to your STTNG? A lot of concerns have voiced about overloading the power supply on that machine, but it also seems like a pin that would benefit more than most from the addition of a shaker.

#354 10 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

Have any of you had power problems by virtue of adding a shaker motor to your STTNG? A lot of concerns have voiced about overloading the power supply on that machine, but it also seems like a pin that would benefit more than most from the addition of a shaker.

My only "opinion" about adding a shaker to a pin that was never intended to have a shaker like " Tales from the Crypt" for example. You are pretty much vibrating the hell out of the machine every-time you play it. Things are bound to slowly work themselves loose over time.

#355 10 years ago

I have had a shaker for about 6 months now in mine. I think it's well tied into the gameplay and I really enjoy it. But I've also talked with some people that don't like it. I also picked up all the Hallmark ornaments off ebay for $19.99 this week and they just came in the mail today. I can't wait to get them added but have a few other projects going on right now so it will have to wait.

IMAG2160.jpgIMAG2160.jpg

#356 10 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

I have had a shaker for about 6 months now in mine. I think it's well tied into the gameplay and I really enjoy it. But I've also talked with some people that don't like it. I also picked up all the Hallmark ornaments off ebay for $19.99 this week and they just came in the mail today. I can't wait to get them added but have a few other projects going on right now so it will have to wait.

The Klingon Bird is pretty easy to hook up.. Took me about an hour to get mine working.. I was going to do a quick YouTube on it but figured most people here would already know how to do it.. For those who don't know -

1. Carefully unscrew the post holding the Bird from playfield

2. Unscrew light sockets from underneath Bird - The post shares one of these screws so removing these screws also removes the toy completely from the game.

3. Using a very small drill bit, make some small semi-holes (don't go all the way through!) underneath new Bird in approximately the same positions as the original toy.

4. Connect the post and light sockets to the new toy.

5. Cut toy light wires to length. I found approx. 3cms works well.

6. Solder wires to one of the GI lights under toy. Make sure you solder correct wire to correct connection. I tested it first to make sure toy lights functioned correctly.

7. Screw post back to playfield.

Done!

#357 10 years ago

Thanks. I just bought one of those and wondered how to install it.

#358 10 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

Thanks. I just bought one of those and wondered how to install it.

No worries... ,

Maybe I should of YouTube'd it...anyways it was easy so just get in there and do it... Just becareful not to damage playfield, existing connectors etc when you are doing so.. Remember its a 20+ year old bit of kit you are working on! I also made sure I had a small hand towel under the Bop while I was soldering etc. as I didn't want to drop any solder onto the playfield...

#359 10 years ago

Just added a couple of LED strips to the Topper. Cool White in the front and Blue in the back. Wanted to create a "Deep Space" feel.

Just wanted to share. Thanks!

// Error: Image 122507 not found //

#360 10 years ago

Just painted some legs to match my custom pingulp ,from Pinball Life.

P1010904.JPGP1010904.JPG

#361 10 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Oh cap, really man!?! You did make another set of those, right? Sweet. Nice job!

#362 10 years ago
Quoted from chinosts:

The Klingon Bird is pretty easy to hook up.. Took me about an hour to get mine working.. I was going to do a quick YouTube on it but figured most people here would already know how to do it.. For those who don't know -
1. Carefully unscrew the post holding the Bird from playfield
2. Unscrew light sockets from underneath Bird - The post shares one of these screws so removing these screws also removes the toy completely from the game.
3. Using a very small drill bit, make some small semi-holes (don't go all the way through!) underneath new Bird in approximately the same positions as the original toy.
4. Connect the post and light sockets to the new toy.
5. Cut toy light wires to length. I found approx. 3cms works well.
6. Solder wires to one of the GI lights under toy. Make sure you solder correct wire to correct connection. I tested it first to make sure toy lights functioned correctly.
7. Screw post back to playfield.
Done!

Thank you!!!!

#363 10 years ago
Quoted from Goonie:

You did make another set of those, right?

One set as of now. Do you want a set ?

#364 10 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

One set as of now. Do you want a set ?

Oh absolutely. Would love a set.

I have sling plastics for you too. I keep forgetting.

Thanks!

#365 10 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

They are awesome looking!

#366 10 years ago
Quoted from Milano:

Thank you!!!!

No worries dude... I'm glad I could help.

I have decided that I am not going to bother replacing the Romulan Warbird as it sounds like a pain in the butt to get working.The Hallmark Warbird is a bit smaller than the original one as well which is a good argument not to use it. I might just paint the existing one as it looks a bit ordinary ootb. (I'll post some videos when I get into it)

I painted my Borg ship a few weeks ago and it turned out sweet so I am sure this will look great once done.

#367 10 years ago
Quoted from Goonie:

I have sling plastics for you too. I keep forgetting.

Yeah No problem I would put them in when I finally get around to shopping the game out , Probally this fall sometime . I've also had the cut bumper cap ready to be put in for a while also was waiting till I shopped it to put that in . Its the bumper cap that fits the pop bumper under the beta quadrant ramp , the game never had one on there .

Quoted from chinosts:

They are awesome looking!

Thank you.

#368 10 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Nice.
I need to do something with mine... but; Alas... too many projects.
Spent the whole weekend working on the head for the Mirror universe; Hope to get to paint by mid week.

#369 10 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Well played sir, well played!

#370 10 years ago
Quoted from chinosts:

No worries dude... I'm glad I could help.
I have decided that I am not going to bother replacing the Romulan Warbird as it sounds like a pain in the butt to get working.The Hallmark Warbird is a bit smaller than the original one as well which is a good argument not to use it. I might just paint the existing one as it looks a bit ordinary ootb. (I'll post some videos when I get into it)
I painted my Borg ship a few weeks ago and it turned out sweet so I am sure this will look great once done.

Plan on doing same - painting my bird and attaching both the
Futura ferengi ship and Borg cube. They can be rigged
To an internal light for a decent glow very easily and then wired to GI. Ill experiment and post pics. Seems most don't like to hook up the hallmark enterprise D either - are you installing one?

Let me know how that warbird removal goes for painting purposes I'd love to follow someone else's example. Thx!

#371 10 years ago
Quoted from Milano:

Plan on doing same - painting my bird and attaching both theFutura ferengi ship and Borg cube.

I would have no idea where to put them!!!

Quoted from Milano:

Seems most don't like to hook up the hallmark enterprise D either - are you installing one?

I just can't decide where to put it.. I really dont want to clutter the playfield with too many toys... I would be interested to see how your's goes and if the result is good I will do the same..

Quoted from Milano:

Let me know how that warbird removal goes for painting purposes I'd love to follow someone else's example. Thx!

Will do... The removal looks like a piece of cake.. only one screw at the back holding it I believe. I was thinking for paint a metalic green with orange, yellow and black highlights but I think I will have to look at some screenshots from the show / movies to get it right...

#372 10 years ago

You can stay I just edited the rules to be a member. "PRE-ORDER" for the new stern qualifies. haha

Sweet! I'm IN then.....

#373 10 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

Sweet! I'm IN then.....

So is it confirmed the next Stern will be 'Star Trek'?

If so, I wonder if it will be just based on the JJ. Abrams reboot or will it incorporate all Star Treks?

#374 10 years ago
Quoted from chinosts:

If so, I wonder if it will be just based on the JJ. Abrams reboot or will it incorporate all Star Treks?

Not confirmed as next but Star Trek most likely will be done by Stern either towards the end of this year or early next. I'm pretty confident it will be based off the new release(s). The reason being licensing. I have a feeling the license holder would prefer to garner publicity for the most recent releases rather than what has been done in the past.

#375 10 years ago
Quoted from chinosts:

I dunno. But I sent in a deposit for an LE in January when the rumors started. I wanted to make sure I did not get shut out....this title is going to be a hot seller.

#376 10 years ago

Wonder who will direct the next Star Trek since JJ pulled out and jumped ship. What a douche. Gets offered Star Wars and just packs his bags and leaves. I have to admit, I dont like the guy anymore.

#377 10 years ago

WTF! Ok I am working on some mocks for CMA. I don't listen to country so I never noticed this. BUT They F***KING stole the Star Trek logo. Just squished it and flipped it. And they complain about piracy?

CMA-Awards-350x296.jpgCMA-Awards-350x296.jpg

#378 10 years ago

I thought JJ signed a 3 movie deal back after the success of 2009.
Regardless; honestly... if he did bail ... good riddance.
I'm tired of that hack fuxing up the Star Trek Universe.

Let him go fux up Star Wars now.

#379 10 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I thought JJ signed a 3 movie deal back after the success of 2009.
Regardless; honestly... if he did bail ... good riddance.
I'm tired of that hack fuxing up the Star Trek Universe.

Let him go fux up Star Wars now.

Yeah, he broke the contract. A bunch of the cast from JJ's Star Trek were at the convention. They said Star Wars was his childhood dream. So he simply likes Star Wars better and jumped ship.

#380 10 years ago

Just hung the Star Trek 25th Playfield LED Wall Art. As well the Scared Stiff I still need to make some wire shields painted the same color as the wall that will hide the wires.
» YouTube video

I want to know where you got that cool disco ball thingy I see in this video. I want to get one.

#381 10 years ago

omg - if that tool stays true to SW ... unlike he did for ST... I may have to ... nevermind; won't finish the thought.

Who was at the convention?
Ah. Karl, Alice
Wonder if that means 3rd movie won't happen. Honestly; wouldn't loose sleep if it didn't.

Are you planning on going again next year? With luck; I'll have another translate to sign.
I haven't really seen a large gathering of the new crew... so maybe that'll change.

#382 10 years ago

You know, I must admit, as much as I liked the two JJ-Treks, I'd be happy to see him and the writers bow out at this point. There movies were great, action packed sci-fi films, but in my mind, weren't really true Star Trek. They just used Star Trek characters. I appreciate the reboot and attempt to bring in new blood, both of which I think were clearly needed, but now that we're there, let's go back to what Trek really is and get some good writing with some meaningful stories.

You know who nailed it in my eyes...the Star Trek Continues folks. Talk about a return to what Trek really is story wise and philosophy wise, wow! If you guys haven't watched this yet, pull it up. The cast takes some getting used to, but they're not professional actors I don't think, just fans who produced a top-quality episode. And the coolest part, Chris Doohan plays Scotty. Nails it! They've done one episode so far and a couple of vignettes.

www.startrekcontinues.com/episodes

#383 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I want to know where you got that cool disco ball thingy I see in this video. I want to get one.

Amazon this one changes color, shape, or strobe based on the music. I only put it on when Im drinking or have a party. But its kinda cool how it will light up your pins. Its not as noticeable when you are playing. more of an accent of color. But the floor and ceiling is crazy lol. Also only $19

AMAZON: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00857DO62/ref=oh_details_o07_s00_i00

#384 10 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Wonder if that means 3rd movie won't happen.

Alice said they "will" be making a 3rd Star trek. Remember, JJ did not write for Star Trek, he only Directed it. So, we still have the writer "forgot his name sorry" finding another director wont be a problem. I am sure they will find one in the next couple weeks or months. However, this means we will have to wait longer for the 3rd. The movie sure won't be next year lol

Quoted from Zitt:

Are you planning on going again next year?

Doubt it. To be honest, Vegas almost killed me lol. I drank so much, eat so much and spent so much at Strip Clubs that I am surprised I made it home and not the hospital. And thats coming from a heavy drinker. That place is dangerous for people like me. lol I won't return to Vegas for a few years when I finally recover from it.

#385 10 years ago
Quoted from Goonie:

You know who nailed it in my eyes...the Star Trek Continues folks.

Thanks for reminding me. I have seen plenty of Fan Films and heard this was great but completely forgot about it. So far, I am very impressed with what they did. I think this Kirk would be great if he had more of a heterosexual voice. He, lacks the womanizing Kirk we all know.

#386 10 years ago

Amazon this one changes color, shape, or strobe based on the music. I only put it on when Im drinking or have a party. But its kinda cool how it will light up your pins. Its not as noticeable when you are playing. more of an accent of color. But the floor and ceiling is crazy lol. Also only $19
AMAZON: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00857DO62/ref=oh_details_o07_s00_i00

Sweet, cheap as hell too. Do you have this same one, the mini? Should I get two? I need to do about 900sqft

#387 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Sweet, cheap as hell too. Do you have this same one, the mini? Should I get two? I need to do about 900sqft

It's not that small, not sure if you can see the size in the video. But, 900sqf is that around 30x30? My room only fits 4 pins on one wall. So, its rather small. However, the LED's inside have really good range and spreads the further you get. I think you would be fine with one.

#388 10 years ago

I thought the JJ Star Trek films were awesome.. Most of what makes Star Trek good is the nostalga it invokes. The JJ films were main stream and entertaining.. He brought ST to the masses again and did it with quality films..

Go back and watch all the Trek films and be completely honest and objective about the experience.. The last two films were not even close to being the worst out of the bunch.. I would rate them up there with the best..

If I could choose what happens to Star Trek now I would say it is time for a new TV series that builds on what the two new movies has established. A TV series would allow for a more intellectual and even approach to plotlines which is probably the only thing missing from the JJ movies...

#389 10 years ago

Who has upgraded their speakers in STTNG and what are your honest opinions about it?

I would love to upgrade the sound. Curious about options.

Thanks in advance...

#390 10 years ago
Quoted from janus:

Who has upgraded their speakers in STTNG and what are your honest opinions about it?
Thanks in advance...

I upgraded to the Flipper Fidelity speakers. At first, I was a little disappointed because it wasn't a huge difference. Well, it really is a pretty huge difference. Now that I have Demolition Man and Apollo 13 next to it, the sound is clearly better on the STTNG. I could turn the bass up a lot more, but it gets to be too much quickly. I have my pins in the garage. This sounds good in there, but sounds REALLY good inside the house, so it is definitely putting out a decent amount of bass and overall sound.

If you are expecting it to sound like home theater speakers, you will probably be disappointed. If you are expecting better sounding pinball speakers, you should be very happy.

#391 10 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

I upgraded to the Flipper Fidelity speakers. At first, I was a little disappointed because it wasn't a huge difference. Well, it really is a pretty huge difference. Now that I have Demolition Man and Apollo 13 next to it, the sound is clearly better on the STTNG. I could turn the bass up a lot more, but it gets to be too much quickly. I have my pins in the garage. This sounds good in there, but sounds REALLY good inside the house, so it is definitely putting out a decent amount of bass and overall sound.
If you are expecting it to sound like home theater speakers, you will probably be disappointed. If you are expecting better sounding pinball speakers, you should be very happy.

That is what I was hoping to hear.
Thanks nexyss

#392 10 years ago
Quoted from janus:

Thanks in advance...

I added the external sub and it was noticeably better with just the sub. Too much bass was overpowering so I had to adjust till I found the sweat spot that really added to the game play experience. Also, I can hook 2 machines up to one sub and also test it on other machines to see if they sound better with an external sub.

#393 10 years ago

However, this means we will have to wait longer for the 3rd. The movie sure won't be next year lol.

I'm guessing the Sean (newScotty) may have this right... if the movie comes; I'm betting it's a 2016 release to coincide with 50th anniversary.

<quote>
Doubt it. To be honest, Vegas almost killed me lol. I drank so much, eat so much and spent so much at Strip Clubs that I am surprised I made it home and not the hospital. And thats coming from a heavy drinker. That place is dangerous for people like me. lol I won't return to Vegas for a few years when I finally recover from it.</quote>

I had the opposite problem... No drink, no gambling... makes spending money on the vendor floor and auctions too easy.

I'm thinking I'll be attending 2016's 50th anniversary for sure... We should get a krew together and go with everyone else. Hell; even an Star Trek Charity arcade would be cool.

As far as Abrams... yeah; hes to blame...

"Abrams, however, declined to accept the director's position until the script was complete and he was sure he was the man for the job. Abrams worked with Kurtzman and Orci on the story throughout 2006 and early 2007 and finally signed on to direct on 23 February 2007. " -- http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/J.J._Abrams

No word on that site... if Abrams is specifically responsible for the POS Into The Darkness. I'm assuming so since he still directed it.

#394 10 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

I added the external sub and it was noticeably better with just the sub. Too much bass was overpowering so I had to adjust till I found the sweat spot that really added to the game play experience. Also, I can hook 2 machines up to one sub and also test it on other machines to see if they sound better with an external sub.

I went the same route with the external sub. I will admit that I have never tried the Flipper Fidelity speakers so I can't speak from experience. There was a thread here and on RGP about using an external sub and most people claimed that it was no contest, the sub blew away the FF speakers for much less cost, and you can hook up 2 pins per sub. I love mine, it sounds awesome once you find that sweet spot. I can shake my house with my pin if I wanted to.

I really never paid attention to the ship rumble in the background on STTNG until I hooked up a sub. Its pretty intense.

#395 10 years ago

I have been following this thread and thought I would post some pics of my modified Hallmark ships.

Here is the Romulan warbird. Was a pain to do, but worth it!

100_0912.JPG100_0912.JPG

#396 10 years ago

Here are the Enterprise D and the Klingon, Borg Cube.

100_0917.JPG100_0917.JPG 100_0920.JPG100_0920.JPG

#397 10 years ago
Quoted from janus:

Thanks in advance...

I put Pinball Pro's regular system, not the high power into my STTNG. Anti-rattle tape is a must IMHO.

I love the sound of it, with a fairly hefty amount of bass too. The intro waiting for player to plunge the first ball shows how much better it sounds.

#398 10 years ago

I posted this as a separate item, but though if I add it here as well, it may prove useful for someone else later.

The fault:- Just turned on my STTNG and the canons just kept cycling round and round until they faulted out. Went into test mod, they test fine for switch activation showing closed and closed when reaching the park position and showing open and open when moving off.
Also found that if you press play button, it will pop all of the balls into the launch area, crowding them up on top of each other. Again, go into test function, check all trough switches and ball launch switch, all working perfectly. Drop a ball down the hole, and watch them all get switched as the ball passes.

Checked all ribbon connections, as have encountered that before. All seem ok, plus the tests work perfectly.

Unit already has new canon looms which checked out perfectly, a new trough Great Lakes pair of upgrade opto boards, which again checked out fine, as did opto's on the Canons and all fuses.

The cure:- It turned out to be a bad pin contact at connector J3 on the opto PCB under the playfield. The pin was loose and was not making a connection causing the mayhem. Took a while to find, but soldered up now so hopefully shouldn't happen again.

#399 10 years ago
Quoted from dangerwil:

Here are the Enterprise D and the Klingon, Borg Cube.

I really like the Borg cube. Where did you get it?

Thanks

#400 10 years ago
Quoted from Muppet_Man:

I really like the Borg cube. Where did you get it?
Thanks

Its a hallmark. I put an ablaze 3 led green 44 inside it and mounted it above the plastics.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 217.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.