Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
DSCN3234 (resized).JPG
There are 10,797 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 216.
#3701 8 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

well i finally got around to getting it home and setup. added Aurich's Alt art, superbands near warp ramp/flippers,and put in FREDDY's ramp protectors

DSC_0121.jpg DSC_0114.jpg

Well done, it looks GREAT.

#3702 8 years ago

Fuk-in-A! Just hit an 80 mil double super jackpot in Klingon MB 2 secs after I draine down to 1 ball. Talk about a rush!!

#3703 8 years ago

The blue plastic cover for one of the multiplier lanes broke on my ST pro. The side section that protects the bulb broke off. Anyone know where I can buy a replacement? I can't find it listed anywhere, even in the manual.

*Edit* - Figured it out. In case anyone wants to know it's part# 550-5061-05.

#3704 8 years ago

So what is the going rate for a nice STTNG these days? I have owned this one for 4 years now and never really expected that I would ever let it go, but the wife is now into pinball and she doesn't like it so it's gotta make room for something else. It has worked flawlessly for me for 4 years now which is pretty impressive for a STTNG.

The previous owner replaced all 3 ramps with Pinball Inc ramps and new canon covers right before I purchased it. The borg ship was really yellowed and had a little warp from the heat of the bulbs. I painted the borg ship and added the Pinball Life green window acrylics. 99% of the bulbs have been replaced with custom LEDs and roms updated with the WPC Non-Ghosting patch. I bought a partial kit and ended up making a lot of changes so the rest was done custom. I think I hit a good balance. It also has Great Lakes trough opto boards which have worked perfectly. There is a cliffy protector on the neutral zone.

I just did a full teardown, clean, and wax of the playfield. Subway was also removed and cleaned. New rubbers and balls. I have the Hallmark Ferrengi and Klingon ships to add at some point along with the Klingon BOP LED board. I just never got around to doing the mods. The artwork is in great shape. The front has normal wear including the phaser handle but the sideart is rich with no gouges or fading. The art on the head is good with minimal wear on the edges. The glass has some scratches.

I will probably be putting this up for sale in another week or two so I am trying to figure out what it's worth. I am interested in trying out a ST Premium so I might be looking to do trade + cash. Really depends what machines I can find that the wife likes. So what do you guys think price wise?

20150406_081206_zpsiw7kynh1.jpg20150406_081206_zpsiw7kynh1.jpg

20150406_081258_zpsppeu7sov.jpg20150406_081258_zpsppeu7sov.jpg

20150406_081252_zpsswzcdvly.jpg20150406_081252_zpsswzcdvly.jpg

20150406_081306_zpslbg4qisr.jpg20150406_081306_zpslbg4qisr.jpg

20150406_081310_zpsoqta30ge.jpg20150406_081310_zpsoqta30ge.jpg

20150406_081333_zpsfhnkrtcr.jpg20150406_081333_zpsfhnkrtcr.jpg

20150406_081404_zpslwx5yyow.jpg20150406_081404_zpslwx5yyow.jpg

#3705 8 years ago

3 more quick pics of the cabinet. Before I sell it I will end up pulling it out and getting good pics.

20150812_153757_zpssedp1yon.jpg20150812_153757_zpssedp1yon.jpg

20150812_153622_zpsu50amfgf.jpg20150812_153622_zpsu50amfgf.jpg

20150812_153822_zpsra9oegyu.jpg20150812_153822_zpsra9oegyu.jpg

#3706 8 years ago

FWIW Pinside has an estimated value for each pin if you go to it's individual page.
https://pinside.com/pinball/archive/star-trek-the-next-generation

Says $4070 - $4730. Yours seems pretty nice, so I would say towards the higher end of that spectrum.

#3707 8 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

I have owned this one for 4 years now and never really expected that I would ever let it go, but the wife is now into pinball and she doesn't like it

Might be time to consider a trade-in for the wife.
No one in their right mind would allow her to dictate my collection.
I'm unsure why someone would trade a top 10 pin for something else... just cause she doesn't like it.

#3708 8 years ago

Well, I can play all my favorite pins by myself.....or I can find another one she enjoys and play with her. It's only a pin.

#3709 8 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

It's only a pin.

Dem's fight'n words.
He comes into a Star trek thread to spew this blasphemy.

('tis a joke people)

#3710 8 years ago

It's all good anyways, we are going to pickup 2 pins in the next month or two. She wants a GoT if it's announced next and I am leaning towards a ST Premium, so i'll still be in the club

#3711 8 years ago

Previous high score before my rotator cuff surgery.

IMG_1456.jpgIMG_1456.jpg

#3712 8 years ago

New high score last night, 85 days post surgery…if I was only able to nudge the game just a little.

IMG_1455.jpgIMG_1455.jpg

#3713 8 years ago

Improvement in your game AND your shoulder.....nice.

#3714 8 years ago

Note sure if you can tell by the pics, but I have no DMD glare courtesy of Comet Pinball DMD Glare Eliminator.

http://www.cometpinball.com/DMD-GLARE-ELIMINATOR-p/dmdglare.htm

I highly recommend. On the older style, I attach them directly to the DMD. On the newer style (Star Trek), I attack it to the inside of the plastic covering.

#3715 8 years ago

Yes they are nice, I have a couple too.

#3716 8 years ago

I need a bit of help with my extra ball settings. At some point I know I had the replay reward set to extra balls with a fixed setting of 4 intervals. The scores were set reasonably. But no matter what I do now, the first extra ball reward says it won't come until at least a billion points! My GCS isn't even that high, at around ~250mil. Any ideas?

#3717 8 years ago

Has anyone considered using a dremel to cut away the other half of laser hole in the apron to increase the projected laser field?
I've heard it's pretty cool and it throws the laser on the wall behind the machine and translight.

#3718 8 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

I need a bit of help with my extra ball settings. At some point I know I had the replay reward set to extra balls with a fixed setting of 4 intervals. The scores were set reasonably. But no matter what I do now, the first extra ball reward says it won't come until at least a billion points! My GCS isn't even that high, at around ~250mil. Any ideas?

My only guess is to do a factory reset. I don't see a setting for the score itself since it adjusts based on score. There are settings for replay levels but not exactly sure what that means. I know the score setting adjusts up if you get higher scores but not sure if it goes down.

#3719 8 years ago

Yes it goes down as well but you can set a fixed score for extra ball so it's the same every time for everyone.

#3720 8 years ago

Does the extra ball off of the warp ramp change as well? At the arcade here u get 3 warp ramps and it lights extra ball, on mine u gotta get at least 9.5 warp

#3721 8 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

Does the extra ball off of the warp ramp change as well? At the arcade here u get 3 warp ramps and it lights extra ball, on mine u gotta get at least 9.5 warp

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

#3722 8 years ago

Mine got up to warp 9.8
I have it fixed at 9.5 now.

#3723 8 years ago

I believe there are 4 settings for replay(Off/Fixed/Dynamic/Auto). I'm pretty sure Auto is the one where it will adjust the score upwards based on previous awards. I'm not exactly sure what Dynamic mode is though. Maybe it is tied to the percentage setting? Fixed mode seems tied to the levels of replay value which can be set up to 4, each one having a factory or user-defined incremental score value.

Mine is currently set to fixed, although I had been playing with the settings before and had set it to auto. I wanted to go back to fixed and that's when I noticed the problem after awhile. Perhaps it could be a bug and does require a factory reset. I could give it a try. I'll lose my scores but I'm not getting anywhere close to them these days with these settings anyway haha

#3724 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Mine got up to warp 9.8

Braggart!

#3725 8 years ago

Hahaha

#3726 8 years ago

Figured it out. It was the Replay Boost setting and it was set to Yes. Went back to the manual to school myself on all those settings again. Switched it to No and everything reverted to the fixed scores set in the menu. I think I might play around with the Auto setting for awhile and see how I like it. Might help ease the slumps and then back off when I'm performing better.

#3727 8 years ago

I turn all the boost crap off. I like my extra balls to be awarded at consistent intervals.

#3728 8 years ago

getting ready to shop out my next gen. What mods should I consider?

I see a laser cannon mod and outlane extenders. They seem like cheating to me. Am I wrong on this?

I see a romulan ship, ferengi ship, people swapping out the shuttle for the rio grande, adding various enterprise ships, painting and adding lenses to borg ship. I see a borg character mod too. Whats the opinions of all these? The only one I found selling is the romulan ship on ebay.

The only mod I bought the klingon bird of prey mod. I plan on adding cliffy protectors. I saw some people posting layouts for LEDS and I read something not putting LEDs in the shield inserts. I don't plan on going wild with color. I do like the color in the backglass.

#3729 8 years ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

I see a laser cannon mod and outlane extenders. They seem like cheating to me. Am I wrong on this?
I see a romulan ship, ferengi ship, people swapping out the shuttle for the rio grande, adding various enterprise ships, painting and adding lenses to borg ship. I see a borg character mod too. Whats the opinions of all these? The only one I found selling is the romulan ship on ebay.
The only mod I bought the klingon bird of prey mod. I plan on adding cliffy protectors. I saw some people posting layouts for LEDS and I read something not putting LEDs in the shield inserts. I don't plan on going wild with color. I do like the color in the backglass.

Mod that bad boy up (I did)

I've got everything but a shaker (will get rectified eventually). If you don't have a color DMD that is a MUST on this pin. Custom painted Borg ship looks way better than the original. Lasers cheating? Maybe, but they look sooo awesome and everyone who sees them really gets a kick out of them.

#3730 8 years ago

Anyone install a full kit of Cliffy's on their StPro?

How do you like em?

Was going to grab a shooter lane protecter and a couple of switch slot protectors n call it a day but I see he has a whole kit...(no slot protectors in the kits though which is odd since the machine definitely could use em)

#3731 8 years ago

I got the kit but have so far only installed the shooter lane protectors(ejector, rail guard, etc.). I too also installed the slot protectors because of the positioning of the drops on the Pro. I also installed Freddy's ramp protectors, which I think is a good idea. My alpha ramp had a crack on one side of the entrance, so I would put them on to protect them before that happens.

I'll probably get around to putting the VUK protector on, but it's a bit more of a PITA to do, so I've been putting it off. I'm not going to do the vengeance magnet protector as I don't think it is a real w&t problem area. I dunno.

#3732 8 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

I got the kit but have so far only installed the shooter lane protectors(ejector, rail guard, etc.). I too also installed the slot protectors because of the positioning of the drops on the Pro. I also installed FREDDY's ramp protectors, which I think is a good idea. My alpha ramp had a crack on one side of the entrance, so I would put them on to protect them before that happens.
I'll probably get around to putting the VUK protector on, but it's a bit more of a PITA to do, so I've been putting it off. I'm not going to do the vengeance magnet protector as I don't think it is a real w&t problem area. I dunno.

Thanks I hadn't heard of Freddy's before now, will look into it I don't want cracks!

I think I'll just go ahead and get the kit too, and probably put off putting in the scoop protector just as you have .

#3733 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

I turn all the boost crap off. I like my extra balls to be awarded at consistent intervals.

I'm the same way. I usually set it to 100M on new Sterns so its tied to a milestone score. That's not that hard to get on Star Trek but that's ok with the deep code.

#3734 8 years ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

o Laser Canon mod is "ok", at a minimum get the domed covers. They really make a difference, especially if you use a nice flat flexible LED under them.
o Painting Borg ship is a nice touch (no such thing as a sand colored Borg ship!). You can get the full ship and lens kit from many vendors.
o The shield inserts are not controller inserts, they are General Illumination so that they can be dimmed. LED + dimming without PLM = bad flicker. If you wish to put LEDs there you will need something like Herg's GI OCD module to compensate, else leave incandescents in those spots.
o Borg character is a way out of place mod IMHO.
o PinGraphix makes a nice set of vinyl blades that look really good. You will have to pull your playfield to do the sides and backboard the right way.
o The ship conversions is a nice touch but takes some skill to do. You will need to add resistors/connectors and in the case of the Romulan you need to break out the Dremel. Look for Star Trek Hallmark ornaments on Amazon/Ebay.

#3735 8 years ago

Anybody in front of there sttng right now?
just wonding if you can move the glass up and down when its locked?
mine moves 3/4mm and it cant be normal

#3736 8 years ago
Quoted from Jeekayjay:

Thanks I hadn't heard of FREDDY's before now, will look into it I don't want cracks!
I think I'll just go ahead and get the kit too, and probably put off putting in the scoop protector just as you have .

You can get the Freddy protectors on ebay:

ebay.com link: 2 ramp protector sets for Stern Star Trek pinball alpha beta ramp

They are kind of a pain to put on since they install behind the stock protectors that have to be bent. I don't know why they didn't just design one piece to replace the stock units. Kind of expensive, too, but I don't know of any other solutions. I don't know how common cracked/broken ramps are but many of us have that problem. My left ramp corner near the vengeance broke off. Wish I got the protectors earlier but at least they cover up the damage.

#3737 8 years ago

All my ST Pro owning brothers.. I have a thread where you can put up ideas for an RGB GI lightshow.. if you care of course.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-lightshow-lets-build-a-st-pro-rgb-gi-lightshow-from-scratch#post-2625205

#3738 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

All my ST Pro owning brothers.. I have a thread where you can put up ideas for an RGB GI lightshow.. if you care of course.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-lightshow-lets-build-a-st-pro-rgb-gi-lightshow-from-scratch#post-2625205

Why only Pro owners? The GI doesn't change on Premium/LE either. This mod seems like it could be used on them too.

#3739 8 years ago
Quoted from Patofnaud:

The ship conversions is a nice touch but takes some skill to do. You will need to add resistors/connectors

Or...
http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/product_info.php/products_id/1

#3740 8 years ago

Thanks! I already bought your bolt on bird of prey mod and the STLE bumper caps. Probably will buy the 1701 if it comes back in stock as I need to get to my DE star trek and fix that one up too.

my painting skills are horrible, so I would be looking for a more finished product on the borg ship. I did not find that inline.

I have had my STTNG for many years. Just have not done anything really to it. I just recently picked up a STTNG project pin. So thats what got me motivated to work on mine(Plus it will help to fix the 2nd one). A friend of mine is most likely going to take the project one when its done. It was missing some backbox boards and some under the playfield parts and opto boards. So I have to try to hunt those parts down from the operator before I go and order them.

If I my friend does take the pin, he wanted to know what mods I was getting so a good chance I would be after 2 of them.. I plan on adding color dmd and the vinyl blades. Did not think a shaker motor was an option. I will have to look into that. Thanks for the info on the shield inserts.

#3741 8 years ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

Thanks! I already bought your bolt on bird of prey mod and the STLE bumper caps. Probably will buy the 1701 if it comes back in stock as I need to get to my DE Star Trek and fix that one up too

I have the boards... put the DE ST kit briefly in stock today... then took it back out of stock because I realize the kit's price wasn't accurate and didn't reflect the Ship itself which I have here for the kits.

I'd put it back in stock - but I'm still recovering from this damn Trojan which locked up my files last week. Sigh.

my painting skills are horrible, so I would be looking for a more finished product on the borg ship. I did not find that inline.

Contact Matt @ BackAlley - http://www.backalleycreations.com/bac%20star%20trek%20pinball%20addons.html
He will paint your borg ship for $40. I had him do my borg ship... and the cannons to match.
If you want the cannons done; my advice is to buy them new and retrofit them for the dome globes before you send him the cannons. IE you may have to make the cannon dome hole bigger (I did).

#3742 8 years ago

Zitt,

When are your Star Trek pop caps coming back in stock

#3743 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Why only Pro owners? The GI doesn't change on Premium/LE either. This mod seems like it could be used on them too.

Fair question. The reason is that I haven't decoded the insert signals on STLE so can't trigger off the lamps. Other LED premiums like ACDC, TronLE and Met I have decoded the serial data to the lamps but ST is a different beast and a one off.

#3744 8 years ago
Quoted from laprocket:

When are your Star Trek pop caps coming back in stock?

Currently no plans, tbh. I'm still pissed at the anodizing shop for fuxing up so many of them during the etching phase. I initially rejected about 50% of them for various imperfections. Getting the current parts re-anodized is easy... getting someone to laser etch them is not easy. The manufacturer will not take them back without a larger incremental order which I won't do until they can demonstrate good quality work.

I've been selling the less than perfect; but still usable to people who have an immediate need. I've had pretty good success finding "acceptable" parts in the pile which I initially rejected because of small imperfections. Please PM me if you are interested.

#3745 8 years ago

Anyone know what the purpose of these posts was going to be? They're even this way on the Data East flyer.
Seems like a waste of metal stand-offs, when nuts would do just as well.

Also... any clue where these two clear plastics from the CPR set go?

ST25_posts.jpgST25_posts.jpg

ST25_CPR1.jpgST25_CPR1.jpg

#3746 8 years ago

My StarTrek corner of the man-cave!

20150630_003933.jpg20150630_003933.jpg

#3747 8 years ago

Looks very nice Paulo!

Currently my ST:Pro looks awfully lonely all by itself in my tiny man-cave ever since I sold my LOTR many months ago in anticipation of replacing it with a MMr. STILL waiting for that bad boy to ship and take its glorious place next to ST. About as polar opposite themes as you can get, but kind of the point. And honestly imho, they will be two of the best pinballs ever made. Well, one you kinda have to agree on and the other there might be a bit of bias towards, and I'm not saying which is which.

#3748 8 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

Well, one you kinda have to agree on and the other there might be a bit of bias towards, and I'm not saying which is which.

Well we here all "kinda agree on" ST being one of the best pinballs ever made

#3749 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

This may seem crazy but the main thing that I am interested in is the ramps in your face portion of your kit. Ever since you posted the demo videos of them in action I have been waiting patiently so that I can give you some money.

If you had an option to get just the ramp lights I'd be quite happy as I am not really sure I even want color changing GI on this game.

#3750 8 years ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

This may seem crazy but the main thing that I am interested in is the ramps in your face portion of your kit. Ever since you posted the demo videos of them in action I have been waiting patiently so that I can give you some money.

Your not alone, I'm waiting too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.99
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,797 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 216.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.