PXL_20240127_043801582.MP (resized).jpg
Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
There are 10,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 217.
#3501 8 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I've always had problems with the back legs on my Stern STLE. Well at TPF'15 teardown this year; the leg bolt wouldn't come out. I had to get it tore down; so I ended up twisting off the leg bolt near the end of the bolt.
So where am I going to find a replacement leg bracket for this newer stern?

Will the HD ones work? Buy one and find out.

#3502 8 years ago
Quoted from dug:

7/16 OD is per the manual

That size wasn't available in Superbands. Don't understand why everything doesn't match up, but 27/64 is the right size for the game in Superbands.

#3504 8 years ago

dupe

#3505 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

That size wasn't available in Superbands. Don't understand why everything doesn't match up, but 27/64 is the right size for the game in Superbands.

Where were you shopping? PinballLife.com has them. http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3305

#3506 8 years ago

Finally got around to putting some EL paper behind my Hinges. What do you think?IMG_20150711_144113414_HDR.jpgIMG_20150711_144113414_HDR.jpgIMG_20150711_144123676.jpgIMG_20150711_144123676.jpgIMG_20150327_200909304_HDR.jpgIMG_20150327_200909304_HDR.jpg

#3507 8 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

Finally got around to putting some EL paper behind my Hinges. What do you think?IMG_20150711_144113414_HDR.jpg IMG_20150711_144123676.jpg IMG_20150327_200909304_HDR.jpg

That looks great. Now ya gotta light the speakers.

#3508 8 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

Finally got around to putting some EL paper behind my Hinges. What do you think?IMG_20150711_144113414_HDR.jpg IMG_20150711_144123676.jpg IMG_20150327_200909304_HDR.jpg

That does look great. How did you mod that Pro? Looks like the premium translite and some other goodies.

#3509 8 years ago

signed premium translite, custom rails and hinges. ordered EL paper from china to light the hinges. EL tape for the side rails on the way. Lots of other toys on it.

#3510 8 years ago

Happy Birthday Patrick Stewart! To 75 more years to come!
http://www.treknews.net/2015/07/13/happy-75th-birthday-patrick-stewart/

#3511 8 years ago

Really nice looking machine there fox. Have to agree with Mustang, if you are already into the EL stuff anyway, you gotta get some lights for those speakers. One of the first mods I put in mine, and when I got my speaker decals from Aurich like you already have, it was so worth it. Not to mention how well it will go with your Sigma DMD. I'm still holding out hope that they will one day soon get around to releasing a full color version for ST. It's great to see them pumping out new titles, but I have to stifle back a tear every time I see them post on facebook a new one for something like Popeye or Southpark.

#3512 8 years ago

EL Tape came in from china so I lighted the side rails in Warm White, Very cool in a dark room with the hinges in ice blue. Not bad for a $14 mod for the EL tape. IMG_20150713_161233997.jpgIMG_20150713_161233997.jpgIMG_20150713_161251373.jpgIMG_20150713_161251373.jpg

#3513 8 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

Have to agree with Mustang, if you are already into the EL stuff anyway, you gotta get some lights for those speakers.

He's seen and played mine so he knows.....he's just lazy.

#3514 8 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

Where were you shopping? PinballLife.com has them. http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3305

Marco.

They fit perfectly.

#3515 8 years ago

Getting close to completion.....still need blackout mod (coming) and ColorDMD.....

IMG_0330.jpgIMG_0330.jpg

#3516 8 years ago

Getting close to completion.....still need blackout mod (coming) and ColorDMD.....

IMG_0330.jpg

Looks just like mine. Just finished putting all the Aurich decals on and sticking the factory ones away.

#3517 8 years ago

IMG_0330.jpg

Install a shaker yet?

#3518 8 years ago

IMG_0330.jpg

I don't see your speaker lights, grill plastics or the custom Aurich tl backbox led/flasher panel.

#3519 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Install a shaker yet?

Oh yes!

#3520 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I don't see your speaker lights, grill plastics or the custom Aurich tl backbox led/flasher panel.

Mirror blades would come before any of that.

#3521 8 years ago

Heh, technically the custom panel is Refinery's, I just gave them them the dimensions to work on it. A little pricey for what you get, but I'll admit it really is a nice touch. My favorite part was how the planet flashed blue whenever the left eject fired.

#3522 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Heh, technically the custom panel is Refinery's, I just gave them them the dimensions to work on it. A little pricey for what you get, but I'll admit it really is a nice touch. My favorite part was how the planet flashed blue whenever the left eject fired.

It's on my radar......assuming they make more.

#3523 8 years ago

Mirror blades would come before any of that.

Ohhh yeah, I love mine.

#3524 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Ohhh yeah, I love mine.

What's has stopped me from getting them so far is that there doesn't seem to be any room on the right side. I've seen install videos for Sterns where they say you can slide the playfield a little bit to the left and right...but mine won't budge.

#3525 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I think everyone on this thread that has your tl knows that.

#3526 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I think everyone on this thread that has your tl knows that.

Well if you're not one of them I just checked, I only have 6 left, and then that's that.

#3527 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Well if you're not one of them I just checked, I only have 6 left, and then that's that.

#3528 8 years ago

Ok, finally,,,, I can join this club at long last.

Picked up my very nice STTNG that had been in home for last 17 years on Monday. Time to dress this puppy up!

Already installed:
o Installed full LED's and Flashers. (Damn pain in the butt subway!!!!)
o Herg's GI OCD
o Inviziglass
o Pingraffix side blade and backboard decals. http://www.pingraffix.com/#!star-trek-the-next-generation/cpja (updated)
o Flipper Fidelity speaker set http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2901 (updated)
o Laser Cannons covers with dome (updated)
o Custom painted legs to match the Pingraffix art. (updated)
o New feet in black to match new legs. (updated)
o Modified pop bumper cover to cover the 3rd bumper (updated)

Already have in hand but need to install:
o All Hallmark replacement ships.
o Replacement Borg ship to paint/install (saving the original one)
o Laser Cannons actual laser and wiring
o Custom side rails to match the Pingraffix art.

Once I get this done in a couple weeks (vacations!!!!!) I'll post some pics.

I also was given a Bally ST that has been sitting in a basement (no legs on concrete floor) for many many years that I have not picked up yet as my winter project. No clue how it will look underneath.

One grail down.....

#3529 8 years ago
Quoted from Patofnaud:

Picked up my very nice STTNG that had been in home for last 17 years on Monday. Time to dress this puppy up!
Already installed:
o Herg's GI OCD
o Inviziglass
o Pingraffix side blade and backboard decals. http://www.pingraffix.com/#!star-trek-the-next-generation/cpja
o Flipper Fidelity speaker set http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2901
o Laser Cannons
o Custom painted legs and side rails to match the Pingraffix art.
o New feet in black to match new legs.
I also was given a Bally ST that has been sitting in a basement (no legs on concrete floor) for many many years that I have not picked up yet as my winter project. No clue how it will look underneath.
One grail down.....

WOW nice score and score. Have fun and let's see the pictures when you have time.

#3530 8 years ago
Quoted from Patofnaud:

Already installed:
o Herg's GI OCD
o Inviziglass
o Pingraffix side blade and backboard decals. http://www.pingraffix.com/#!star-trek-the-next-generation/cpja
o Flipper Fidelity speaker set http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2901
o Laser Cannons
o Custom painted legs and side rails to match the Pingraffix art.
o New feet in black to match new legs.
One grail down.....

CONGRATS Lets see some photos! Also cant wait to see how the Bally ST turns out. Keep us posted!

#3531 8 years ago

I finally get to join the club too! Just picked up a Bally Star Trek project. It was dead but with a little MPU work it is beginning to live again!

#3532 8 years ago
Quoted from ejacques:

I finally get to join the club too! Just picked up a Bally Star Trek project. It was dead but with a little MPU work it is beginning to live again!

Another one saved, good work.

#3533 8 years ago

Thanks! Still needs a lot of bulletproofing but it plays. Plus I've got the prototype plastics.

#3534 8 years ago

STTNG Question: I notice my left canon is moving extremely slow. Still playable, but VERY slow. Anyone else run into this problem?

EDIT: only slow when a ball is in the cannon. I cleaned the opto's. I am not too worried about it which is why I have not started a new thread. My only concern is it will progressively get worse.

#3535 8 years ago

For ST owners:

I decided to do something about the stubborn drop target. Most of the time it works but quite often it did not register hard hits. Common Stern issue. I didn't mind when it failed to register one hit here and there but it was getting 4-5 times in a row. I scanned old threads and found something that seems to work. Supposedly, a red spring is suppose to be used instead of the blue/purple one like I have. Not sure about that but the easy fix is to just extend the spring out a bit and attach it a quarter inch or so short. Pic borrowed from the following thread about Metallica but exactly what I did. It worked perfectly with all type of hits for several games. True test will be over many games but figured I would share for those looking to try something.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unplayable-drop-targets-metallica-pro-anyone-have-a-fix
109648.jpg109648.jpg

#3536 8 years ago

Nice jawjaw. I actually cut my spring a hair short a long time ago and it's been working great until this weekend, I had about 2-3 bricked target shots. I may have to readjust but it's been working way better than factory.

#3537 8 years ago

Has anyone ever had an issue with a flickering light under the NERO insert on the Premium /LE ?

#3538 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

For ST owners:
I decided to do something about the stubborn drop target. Most of the time it works but quite often it did not register hard hits. Common Stern issue. I didn't mind when it failed to register one hit here and there but it was getting 4-5 times in a row. I scanned old threads and found something that seems to work. Supposedly, a red spring is suppose to be used instead of the blue/purple one like I have. Not sure about that but the easy fix is to just extend the spring out a bit and attach it a quarter inch or so short. Pic borrowed from the following thread about Metallica but exactly what I did. It worked perfectly with all type of hits for several games. True test will be over many games but figured I would share for those looking to try something.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unplayable-drop-targets-metallica-pro-anyone-have-a-fix
109648.jpg

So glad you posted this, thank you. I thought it was built with hard reject in mind. It annoys me something terrible

#3539 8 years ago

Getting close to completion.....

Haha... That's funny.

#3540 8 years ago

Ok so i left the club about a month ago after selling my Next Gen and now i have a ST Pro on the way. is there anything i need to get before playing to fix any common issues/problems from happening?

#3541 8 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

Ok so i left the club about a month ago after selling my Next Gen and now i have a ST Pro on the way. is there anything i need to get before playing to fix any common issues/problems from happening?

You need to get a shaker motor to correct the problem of not having one.

Welcome back!

#3542 8 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

I think the two must haves are the kickout hole protector and the ramp protectors from Freddy's... They come from Germany but ship quick. I think you're going to love this game... I'm not into Star Trek but knew I had to get one once I played it. My wife isn't into pinball stuff *at all* and loves it.

#3543 8 years ago

My friend/lawyer came over last night to try out my machines (KISS not here yet). He is just as big of a Star Trek nerd as I am. He starts out with 3 games on Star Trek LE, 3 on Batman Forever, 3 on Next Generation, then 3 on Transformers LE. Then he says to me "it's a little after 8, I should get back home to wife and kids...but let me get one last game on Star Trek." Hour plus later, he decides that it is time to go home. Once he started to understand the rules, he just got so swept up with the game. If I had to guess, after last night (and more nights to come), I can see him picking up a premium around Christmas.

#3544 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I can see him picking up a premium around Christmas.

His wife is gonna love you.

#3545 8 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

is there anything i need to get before playing to fix any common issues/problems from happening?

Get yourself a set of cliffy slot protectors for where the rails\ramps drop to the PF if you want to protect the clear coat from cracking also.

Welcome aboard!

#3546 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

His wife is gonna love you.

Are you thinking she loves Star Trek too? lol

#3547 8 years ago

Joined the club this weekend.star trek premium.jpgstar trek premium.jpg

#3548 8 years ago
Quoted from Fresh_Wax:

Get yourself a set of cliffy slot protectors for where the rails\ramps drop to the PF if you want to protect the clear coat from cracking also.
Welcome aboard!

I'm curious?, why does he need the ramp drop lane protectors? The ball falls directly on mylar

#3549 8 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

Quoted from TOK:

I think the two must haves are the kickout hole protector and the ramp protectors from FREDDY's... They come from Germany but ship quick.

Ramps cracking/chipping at the edges are common. As far as I know, the only solution is the freddy protectors. You can get them off ebay. Stock post rubbers don't last long around the warp ramp. Replace them with clear super mini posts for longer life and better looks. There are many issues with the drop target like not registering hits, not moving up/down, and more. Fixes involve adding washers and spring adjustments.

#3550 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I'm curious?, why does he need the ramp drop lane protectors? The ball falls directly on mylar

The clear coat cracked where the ball kept dropping from the right beta ramp. At least it did on mine. I looked, and I don't have or didn't take pictures of it. But the slot was definitively starting to get beat up after about a 1000 or so plays.. It was bad enough for me to purchase two slot protectors.

So, I'm guessing your question is based on that you have a premium\le. Please notice the difference where the ball is released to the PF on the pro.

424748-i.jpg424748-i.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 64.99
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 217.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.