PXL_20240127_043801582.MP (resized).jpg
Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
There are 10,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 217.
#3351 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Has anyone installed the trough left and right cliffy protectors on their Stern ST?
I got the trough protector installed, but can't find a pic of the wood rail protector installed. Can someone shoot a pic?

See http://www.passionforpinball.com/ballejects.htm

http://www.passionforpinball.com/balleject/stern-rail-guard.jpg

It isn't startrek but mounting is the same

#3352 8 years ago

Thank you for the link!

But I'm still trying to figure out where this piece goes...

image.jpgimage.jpg
#3353 8 years ago

Anyone lose music after Kobayashi Maru? It just keeps playing the weird, spacy sounds and does not change when playing lv2 modes. It happened before and happened again this weekend. I think what happened was I entered Kobayashi Maru, skipped the intro, and drained without finishing. Music was jacked up until I drained again.

#3354 8 years ago

Does anyone know specifically what triggers the Special in Star Trek, and how you cash it in?

I've only seen it come one once before, during my best game where I was over 300,000,000.

#3355 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Does anyone know specifically what triggers the Special in Star Trek, and how you cash it in?
I've only seen it come one once before, during my best game where I was over 300,000,000.

I thought it was a rare but random Black Hole award.....but not sure about that.

#3356 8 years ago

I have heard that it comes from black hole award also, but i have yet to confirm... In fact I've had my ST for a year and a half and have only seen special lit once also.. I can also tell you that I've pulled the glass and ran black hole about 50 times without special lighting...
And I have gone into the menu and set special to light 50% of the time... And still nothing..
The adjustment for the special in the menu is right along with the other black hole awards, so I do not doubt that it is affiliated somehow.

#3357 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Anyone lose music after Kobayashi Maru? It just keeps playing the weird, spacy sounds and does not change when playing lv2 modes. It happened before and happened again this weekend. I think what happened was I entered Kobayashi Maru, skipped the intro, and drained without finishing. Music was jacked up until I drained again.

Yes. And it happened after KM here as well.

#3358 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Thank you for the link!
But I'm still trying to figure out where this piece goes...

image.jpg

Aha, that goes under the wood rail on the right side

See here a picture of a complete setup on my acdc

image.jpgimage.jpg

#3359 8 years ago

I too think the one time I got special to light was the result of a black hole award. But it was at least a thousand games ago. I wonder if you need a sufficiently high score or some other trigger to get that to award from black hole.

#3360 8 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Aha, that goes under the wood rail on the right side
See here a picture of a complete setup on my acdc
image.jpg

Nice!

Thank you

#3361 8 years ago

Regarding the cliffy's, you got it.

Now, I recently installed those on my Pro myself. I just started noticing a problem though. Sometimes when the ball ejects, it gets hung up in the shooter lane on the top lip of the ball eject protector and won't roll back to the shooter. I'll have to give the machine a good shake to get it over the lip. I guess I'll have to get in there and possibly even disassemble it and bend the metal down so that it sits more flush with the shape of the shooter lane? Anyone else have this problem.

I also have another problem in that I can no longer use the plunger to shoot the ball effectively(too weak). I think what is happening is that the ball is, again, hitting part of the protector and then sort of rattling in the lane a bit before heading down the lane, causing to lose most of its energy. The auto-launcher is a much more solid and powerful hit on the ball, so it is not affected by this.

I thought I was pretty good about following the instructions and everything seemed to line up correctly, so not sure why there should be these issues. Any advice would be appreciated.

#3362 8 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

Sometimes when the ball ejects, it gets hung up in the shooter lane on the top lip of the ball eject protector and won't roll back to the shooter.

Had both of those problems. I had the shooter lane protectors too close together so the ball was resting on the protector; not the lane. I widened the stance of the protectors and the problem went away.

The weak plunger is probably the plunger assembly. On mine the washer of the plunger tip was hitting the top of the catapult housing - effectively removing the momentum of the shooter. Loosen the shooter assembly and center it on the ball so the it doesn't hit the catapult.

#3363 8 years ago

I just installed the pin-protector kickout protector. It was a little fiddly to install because there were a couple burs in the lamination of the playfield... I had to *very carefully* use a razor knife to shave off so it would sit in the hole perfectly.

Not sure if this is a common thing at the kickout hole cutout of Star Trek, but I could definitely see it causing some problems if the protector is squeezed over playfield imperfections.

#3364 8 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have to take a closer look at the plunger assembly. I don't recall having a problem with it until after I installed the protectors, so not sure why it would have been effected in that way, but these things can happen whenever you're 'under the hood' I guess.

#3365 8 years ago

Having a good Star Trek weekend. About 3/4 of my games were over 100M points (and a couple over 200M), well above the norm for me. I finally feel like I'm in the groove. I think the key was confident nudging (something I haven't always been good at). I saved a lot of balls this weekend from the horrible fate of plummeting down the drain. Now, I have to see if I can keep this up.

#3366 8 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Having a good Star Trek weekend. About 3/4 of my games were over 100M points (and a couple over 200M), well above the norm for me. I finally feel like I'm in the groove. I think the key was confident nudging (something I haven't always been good at). I saved a lot of balls this weekend from the horrible fate of plummeting down the drain. Now, I have to see if I can keep this up.

Nice! I only had time for one STLE game so far this weekend and it ended with me completing 10 missions; warp 2X (from dtd3); 31 warps; 2 EBs; and had double scoring stacked with vengeance 3 with two shots away from 40% reward on a 470m score! .....but Ended up Draining final score: 489m. Didn't even make high score table but was a dam good feeling game

#3367 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Nice! I only had time for one STLE game so far this weekend and it ended with me completing 10 missions; warp 2X (from dtd3); 31 warps; 2 EBs; and had double scoring stacked with vengeance 3 with two shots away from 40% reward on a 470m score! .....but Ended up Draining final score: 489m. Didn't even make high score table but was a dam good feeling game

Pretty sweet!

I was actually trying out your suggestion of completing 5 missions and then going deeper on one to up the number of medals before starting Kobayashi. I did it once or twice, focusing on KB 1-3 since it is a fairly easy set of missions to complete and gives you a nice reward with the left ramp at 2x. But even when I didn't make it, I found it really exhilarating trying out a strategy to maximize points. I've done Kabayashi enough times now. I really want to focus on methods to maximize points and find it a lot more fun doing so than just progressing from mission to mission in a linear fashion.

I really need to work on my accuracy with the Warp ramp. I feel like sometimes I'm in the zone and sometimes I'm not. I can see how being able to control the shot more and time the 2x playfield reward can open up a lot of scoring possibilities. I just haven't been able to hit the shot consistently at all. Keep practicing I guess . . . .

#3368 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Huh???!!?? . "Didn't even make my high score table." Cosmos response: SIGH. Uhhh, cough, cough...no comment..

So anyways I'm back (not that it really matters) and after taking a break for a bit from Pinside and ST, I can report that the game is great fun to revisit after a bit of time away in "real" life.. So give ST a check mark for staying power. Also, I have to give some street cred to: ECTOBAR.

"I believe my order of mode progression for the game was:
KB1-3, Nero1-3, DtD1, StE1, PD1, SJ1, KM, PD2(dnf), DtD2, StE2, SJ2(dnf), SJ2, PD2, EA, PD3(dnf), SJ Next stop, 5 Year Mission."

RULE BOOK material! That mission ladder works great and along with a few similar suggestions from other Pinside superstars has helped this amateur tremendously. My high scores are fairly weak, between 127M and 206M, but my progression even after the break using this strategy is on point. . And even though I haven't crushed one out of the park, my score average since returning is much improved and I should be able to push my GC score pretty easily . All hail the cosmic multipliers... thanks for sharing the strategies folks.

Later, COS

#3369 8 years ago

Scored over 6Billion points on Saturday for STNG.
It's was a personal best as I completed all missions + Final Frontier. For that FF; I collected all the artifacts for 1B bonus and 175k / shot. During the game proceeded to do like 3 shuttle video missions and two borg multiballs. I had completed all missions a second time but drained my last buyin ball on the final mission... so no second FF.
Was a lot of fun - the pinball gods must have been shining on me.

#3370 8 years ago

Does somebody know how to remove the VUK curved metal deflector.
I am getting ready to install the cliffy protector for the hole and after reading cliffys instructions and looking at the part i cant see where the screws are or how to access them. At least in the order prescribed by cliffys website.

Maybe some one has already done this and can help me out and give me some tips.

#3373 8 years ago

Well, now you can.. Make It So

#3374 8 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Well, now you can.. Make It So

I'm waiting for the Official "Happy MustangPaul Day".

#3375 8 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Layout is great, artwork is great, lightning is awesome but can so tell me why such a ridiculous shuttle animation?
I have some feelings that since MM they do not improve anything in toy animation. LOTR tower was already ridiculous.

Stern's ST had 5 guys doing the dots. Some of those guys just did not do a very good job.

Rob

#3376 8 years ago

So excited about this game. I honestly was borderline selling my pro 3 months ago and the new code has totally turned that around on me. Just got my new grand champion score. Previous was 160mil.

20150616_200941.jpg20150616_200941.jpg
#3377 8 years ago

Where can I find this Vengeance plastic protector? Im referring to the horizontal one covering the lane and not the vertical one covering the explosion plastic. All I need is this piece and no additional pieces.

Thanks

// Error: Image 418343 not found //

#3379 8 years ago
Quoted from BigDan:

Where can I find this Vengeance plastic protector? Im referring to the horizontal one covering the lane and not the vertical one covering the explosion plastic.

You can get that from pinbits at pinbits.com

#3380 8 years ago

Only 10days to go... and they are only 1/2 there. Final push for Nimoy's Son... who needs some cash to license some Star trek items for an upcoming documentary he's working on:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/adamnimoy/for-the-love-of-spock-a-documentary-film

#3381 8 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Only 10days to go... and they are only 1/2 there. Final push for Nimoy's Son... who needs some cash to license some Star Trek items for an upcoming documentary he's working on:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/adamnimoy/for-the-love-of-spock-a-documentary-film

Very cool, I will fund this tomorrow. Thanks for sharing

#3382 8 years ago

While looking at a WWE Pro I started to wonder if its stainless steel speaker would swap over to ST Pro/Prem for that LE look minus the insignias. Has anyone done such a thing or know where to order that speaker panel?

#3383 8 years ago

Has anyone else had an issue with the right flipper loosing strength after hitting the Kicker in the Vengeance?

Lately, my right flipper barely goes up and catches the ball after it is kicked out from the vengeance. It's fine at any other time during the game, but goes kinda limp right after a Vengeance hit. I notice it a lot with Vengeance Scoring.

#3384 8 years ago

I just bought NIB Star Trek premium .. Looking for any tips or advice

image.jpgimage.jpg image-775.jpgimage-775.jpg
#3385 8 years ago
Quoted from MNpinballplayer:

I just added a shaker yesterday. Great accessory for sure!

#3386 8 years ago

Also recommend the shaker motor. This pin was born for it!

#3388 8 years ago

It doesn't need much. Get the shaker, the blackout mod, the interactive vengeance mod and color DMD once it's done. Zitt pop caps if you can find them.

Then play the hell out of it!

#3389 8 years ago

I had Coin Takers Red Tremor shaker motor and Polk's PSW10 external subwoofer waiting to be installed before the pin even showed up. .

They are the 2 must have mods for this game as no other mods attack your senses as hard as a shaker motor and an external sub. After that everything else is just bling.

#3390 8 years ago

I just put a full set of protectors on mine, then soon, black out mod, hallmark enterprise, kelvin, sub

#3391 8 years ago

Read back through this thread for a bunch of on typical issues, mods, and such. There is also a thread going about gameplay strategies. I would just play and have fun for now.

#3392 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Read back through this thread for a bunch of on typical issues, mods, and such. There is also a thread going about gameplay strategies. I would just play and have fun for now.

Do you have a link to this strategies thread?

#3394 8 years ago

Custom version

#3396 8 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

6 Days Left. Show your love for Spock; please?

I funded! Still a long ways to go.

#3397 8 years ago

I recently switched out my ST's Super Bands for Titans.

I'm liking them a lot. The warp ramp seems much smoother to hit now.
SKB has mentioned not using a Super Band on the upper flipper before, but I smuggly ignored him. I feel foolish now. Would definitely recommend not using Super Band on the upper flipper.

As for the bottom flippers. They feel mostly the same, but overall there seems to be less crazy spin on the ball. Both ramp shots feel smoother now.

I went with light blue bottom flippers, orange upper and orange slings. I'm digging it.

In the scoring dept:
Spinner Max's out at 68,000, and resets every ball. I had no idea. Thought it was cumulative the whole game. However, there are still lots of points to be had. With the Nero's complete for 2X spinner, and the spinner at 68,000, a solid shot to the spinner while not in a mode was giving me about 1mil.

Also, I've tripled confirmed: PD2&3 are the exact same mode. Dumb. ST does not have 18 modes. 17.1? I hope this gets updated. At the very minimum they could at least code it so the order your supposed to go for is different. That would still be pretty lame though.

Previously in one of the ST threads I mentioned a honey pot of points waiting after you get the Double Super JP in Klingon MB. Also not the case. The mode just restarts as normal.

#3398 8 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

I recently switched out my ST's Super Bands for Titans.
I'm liking them a lot. The warp ramp seems much smoother to hit now.
SKB has mentioned not using a Super Band on the upper flipper before, but I smuggly ignored him. I feel foolish now. Would definitely recommend not using Super Band on the upper flipper.
As for the bottom flippers. They feel mostly the same, but overall there seems to be less crazy spin on the ball. Both ramp shots feel smoother now.
I went with light blue bottom flippers, orange upper and orange slings. I'm digging it.
In the scoring dept:
Spinner Max's out at 68,000, and resets every ball. I had no idea. Thought it was cumulative the whole game. However, there are still lots of points to be had. With the Nero's complete for 2X spinner, and the spinner at 68,000, a solid shot to the spinner while not in a mode was giving me about 1mil.
Also, I've tripled confirmed: PD2&3 are the exact same mode. Dumb. ST does not have 18 modes. 17.1? I hope this gets updated. At the very minimum they could at least code it so the order your supposed to go for is different. That would still be pretty lame though.
Previously in one of the ST threads I mentioned a honey pot of points waiting after you get the Double Super JP in Klingon MB. Also not the case. The mode just restarts as normal.

Great post ectobar. I'm convinced that most the haters of this pin that say every mode is the same only play prime directive. It is the most vanilla mode of all the tiers. Though, galaxtic lanes is fun and great for building warps. But it would be nice to see a change to PD 2&3.

I'm ok with Klingon mb restarting after the double super; its a hard fear to achieve and awards plenty points as is. Klingon mb is also fairly easy to start so putting too many points in the multiball could be imbalanced.

My biggest wishlist items for an update are:
- use the magnet to catch the ball rather than the drop target. This would improve flow.
- add a method to have the vengeance magnet shot start a random mission. My idea would be that whenever a mission is not running, photon weapon 'fire' shots do not count towards vengeance modes (hits to the drop target would though). Instead, 3 fire shots would drop the target and light the magnet for a random mission start.
- also add some tweaking to the side rail lasers on the LE machines.

#3399 8 years ago

I like some of your ideas Eskaybee. A little more variety with the Vengeance shot would be kind of cool. It's a pretty easy shot to make so I can see why they limit the mission start to the scoop/vuk and upper flipper shots to provide a bit more challenge.

I totally agree with the depth of this game and I don't think I will ever tire of this pinball. I am constantly challenged by it and fear that I will never complete the FYM. Heck, I still have never finished a klingon multiball. There's just something about the game that engages you and feels a bit different every time you play. Probably because in missions alone there are 18 to choose from in any combination to plan your strategy.

Ectobar - Which bands did you get for you flippers? The regular ones or the competition silicone? And what size rings do the slings use?

#3400 8 years ago

I recently did the same for ST as I already did for TWD. I changed every LED from cold-white to WARM-white. And I like it much better now. Just gives me a better retro feeling or something. I just don't like that cold look of the cold-whites STERN uses now in every game. I wonder if most of us like the cold-whites or the warm-whites better because I personally would love it if STERN used the warm-whites from factory instead.

IMG_4934.jpgIMG_4934.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Ana, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.95
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 217.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/68 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.