Topic Stats

• 7,810 posts
  • 642 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by hawkmoon77
  • Topic is favorited by 286 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,334 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

STTNG (resized).jpeg
PastedGraphic-1 (resized).jpg
IMG_1205 (resized).jpg
IMG_1204 (resized).jpg
IMG_1202 (resized).jpg
ED17AC94-E6EA-45CD-A201-2174C995B547 (resized).jpeg
008B20A7-6FC2-4C75-B5EB-A4BBEDEF1B5B (resized).jpeg
A555F66F-8C0E-4462-BA73-7EA0AB7D30CA (resized).jpeg
Star Trek.jpg
Star Trek 3.jpg
Star Trek 2.jpg
ST (resized).jpg
SternSTOutholeMylar (resized).png
P_20190720_203216 (resized).jpg
BackboxAmpSchematicMonoOutputSeriesTarget (resized).jpg
D3B4298F-6B73-4E93-A4A4-7C053D2D5902 (resized).jpeg

There are 7810 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 157.
#3301 4 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

The reality is I need to get a good digital torpedo level. Been just using a phone app, and it sure seems flaky sometimes.

I wouldn't be without my Sears digital level, well worth the money.

#3302 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I wouldn't be without my Sears digital level, well worth the money.

What model did you get? I am sick of all my levels slowly becoming inaccurate. Not sure how it happens but I am on my 4th level.

#3303 4 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

I don't think the value of the medals go up, it's just that you can earn a higher number of them by playing L2/L3 modes before KM.
The 5-medal bonus is per type, so you'll see it add up all your bronze medals, then award a set-of-5 bronze bonus, then silver, silver bonus, gold then gold bonus. As has been mentioned, if you're not on ball 3 or (if you have an extra ball) then save the 6th L1 mission until you get some more medals, or until you're one Warp shot short of a double scoring. Play the 6th L1 and make sure and hit the Warp ramp for 2x scoring (you might avoid Black Hole and Away Team to make sure the 2x is still active when you start KM).
Don't forget about playing your Vengeance modes. Extra ball for completing V2 and 10/20/40% of total score for V3. Plus when you finish V3, you start over so it's nice to have V1 ready to play again. Learn to live catch the kickout to make an easier time getting the V2 extra ball.

I'm actually talking about the points awarded for the individual bonuses. I just kept track during a game and this is what I got (in order):

Nero: B 250K, S 450K
DTD: B 375K
STE: B 1M, S 1.25M, G 1M
KB: B 625K

Then draino.

Some of those may have been comboed. Not sure if that matters. Even if they were, I can't figure out the pattern.

#3304 4 years ago

ST le noob question......When playing a mode, what it mean if the insert is lit with 2 colors? I.e. Nero green and purple

#3305 4 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

ST le noob question......When playing a mode, what it mean if the insert is lit with 2 colors? I.e. Nero green and purple

You've stacked the Klingon Multi-ball with the Nero mode.

#3306 4 years ago

Got it thanks

#3307 4 years ago

Has anyone ever used these for mods? I'm curious on the size and lighting

images (3).jpg
#3308 4 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

You've stacked the Klingon Multi-ball with the Nero mode.

Actually, green and purple means something different. You must be playing Nero 2 or 3. The green and purple shot is worth more than the other shots. Also, to get medals on the level 2 and 3 missions, you need to hit the multicolored shots. The regular shots do not award medals.

There are no multicolored shots on the level 1 missions except for the very last shot when either 1 or two inserts will be multicolored. If you hit that shot as your final shot, you will get a mission bonus.

#3309 4 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

What model did you get? I am sick of all my levels slowly becoming inaccurate. Not sure how it happens but I am on my 4th level.

#320.48295

#3310 4 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Actually, green and purple means something different. You must be playing Nero 2 or 3. The green and purple shot is worth more than the other shots. Also, to get medals on the level 2 and 3 missions, you need to hit the multicolored shots. The regular shots do not award medals.
There are no multicolored shots on the level 1 missions except for the very last shot when either 1 or two inserts will be multicolored. If you hit that shot as your final shot, you will get a mission bonus.

That's awesome info, I'm starting to understand it now

#3311 4 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

I was having an issue with the spinner wire getting stuck on the screw and holding the spinner horizontal (think I read about it in this thread), so went for the solution of trimming a tiny little bit of it away to clear the screw.
Don't ya know, that little cut end went flying somewhere in the game even though I had it 80% covered by a rag? I went all over the playfield with a telescoping magnet and also popped the playfield to see if it dropped under or if gravity would slide it to the back. The little fuc#er never turned back up. I'm just imagining it either waiting there to short something out or grinding into my playfield!
I suppose it could have been flung clear, but I have rotten luck. Aargh!

For future reference, you can just loosen the screw on the right, push the bracket to the left, and tighten the screw again. Sorry that happened to you. That really sucks.

#3312 4 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I'm actually talking about the points awarded for the individual bonuses. I just kept track during a game and this is what I got (in order):

Nero: B 250K, S 450K
DTD: B 375K
STE: B 1M, S 1.25M, G 1M
KB: B 625K

Then draino.

Some of those may have been comboed. Not sure if that matters. Even if they were, I can't figure out the pattern.

Interesting. Would probably take a game with the glass off to figure out the exact medal award scoring.

#3313 4 years ago

Does doing this take away from the medal ceremony in EA and 5Y? Or do they apply three times?

It's all cumulative, so yes up to 3x for the same medals.

I wonder if it carries over after 5yr when you get back to KM. Like I really have to worry about that.

#3314 4 years ago

Awesome thanks

#3315 4 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

I was having an issue with the spinner wire getting stuck on the screw and holding the spinner horizontal (think I read about it in this thread), so went for the solution of trimming a tiny little bit of it away to clear the screw.
Don't ya know, that little cut end went flying somewhere in the game even though I had it 80% covered by a rag? I went all over the playfield with a telescoping magnet and also popped the playfield to see if it dropped under or if gravity would slide it to the back. The little fuc#er never turned back up. I'm just imagining it either waiting there to short something out or grinding into my playfield!
I suppose it could have been flung clear, but I have rotten luck. Aargh!

Blow it out with compressed air? That's what I'd try

#3316 4 years ago

Finally in!

image.jpg
#3317 4 years ago

I want to put the Hallmark Enterprise in, I'm pretty sure I can handle the wiring mod in the ship, but mounting and where I should wire it in is what I'm curious about... Any thoughts?

#3318 4 years ago

Congrats. With the alt trans-light you have the only version with zero actors faces on it, which is exactly what I have.

#3319 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I want to put the Hallmark Enterprise in, I'm pretty sure I can handle the wiring mod in the ship, but mounting and where I should wire it in is what I'm curious about... Any thoughts?

This is were I placed mine. Wired to GI under playfield

image.jpg image-989.jpg
#3320 4 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

For future reference, you can just loosen the screw on the right, push the bracket to the left, and tighten the screw again. Sorry that happened to you. That really sucks.

It must've just hit something and bounced out. I went over the playfield with a magnet both before and after tipping it up. It was a tiny little piece of the spinner support wire, probably 1/16". Doesn't look like its going to hang up again, but if it does I'll try your suggestion!

#3321 4 years ago

Any sales update on Star Trek?

#3322 4 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

image.jpg
image-989.jpg

Thanks for this, but I have the Premium, should I just use the existing mounting bracket? Is it more fun having the lighting hooked up to something interactive, or just have it always on with GI?

#3323 4 years ago

again, looks just insane in PREM
for me, with no doubt, the one to get

#3324 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Finally in!

image.jpg

Where's the speaker decal?

#3325 4 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

You are correct sir! You win an Internet!

I was thinking green as in locks to lite for KM. D'ooh!

#3326 4 years ago

Buying a Premium.

So what are the essential extra parts I need (protectors & mods)?

Looking for mods that really add to the game, for me these are normally the ones that add extra / better lighting. Not interested in extra models.

Which mods do I really need for areas that have known wear issues?

Thanks.

#3327 4 years ago

Are NIB Premiums still available? What are they going for?

#3328 4 years ago
Quoted from Goner:

Yes they are, there are many distributors you can find on Pinside, they can give you a price.

I am not buying NIB.

#3329 4 years ago

I'm in as well. Totally worth fully modding out (have the Aurich translite and decals included). Only thing to add is pinblades (kind of on the fence about it) and ColorDMD whenever they decide to do that. May just get one anyway to change it from red to blue.

11136179_10152895534751446_8312739640435110066_o.jpg
#3330 4 years ago
Quoted from Goner:

$6,500

#3331 4 years ago
Quoted from beefzap:

Buying a Premium.
Looking for mods that really add to the game, for me these are normally the ones that add extra / better lighting. Not interested in extra models.
Thanks.

Run, don't walk to get this title.

Does the premium come with a shaker? If not, that is a definite for this game.

#3332 4 years ago
Quoted from beefzap:

Thanks.

This is a good starting point:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-comprehensive-mod-list

#3333 4 years ago
Quoted from beefzap:

Buying a Premium.
Thanks.

Cointaker 5 stack flashers (super blue and super red ... http://shop.cointaker.com/product.sc?productId=1569&categoryId=8). I put the blue flasher under the Light Lock plastic (which flashes when the ball is ejected out of the kicker) and I put the red flasher in the vengeance.

-Nebula Mod is awesome (http://pinballrefinery.com/store#!/Star-Trek-Pro-Premium-LE-color-changing-Nebula-Lighting-Mod-with-remote/p/36122237/category=7060584)

- Blue Vengeance mod (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-stern-vengeance-mod-chashing-leds) is cool and really contrasts the red flasher I installed beneath the ship.

- Mezel Mods light diffuser for the starfleet logo above the warp ramp, makes the light a lot more pronounced. Also, their Klingon ship / light mod for the right side ramp.

#3334 4 years ago

Has everyone updated their rating of this game since the new code came out? It deserves to be bumped after such a massive improvement.

#3335 4 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Has everyone updated their rating of this game since the new code came out? It deserves to be bummed after such a massive improvement.

Totally agree. I'm actually a bit surprised that it is still at #25 (for the Pro). It even went down for a bit before going back up to 25. This is a good reminder to update ratings, and for all the new owners in this thread, don't forget to rate it yourselves.

#3336 4 years ago

You are correct sir! You win an Internet!
I was thinking green as in locks to lite for KM. D'ooh!

I've always wanted to win an Internet!

#3337 4 years ago

Yellow on my pro!

#3338 4 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

image.jpg
image-989.jpg

I just bought one of these off epay. How did you wire it up?

#3341 4 years ago

Got ColorDMD Sigma installed on my Stern Star Trek. Man, its really impressive. It will be really amazing if and when the color code comes out, but I really really love it as is too.

IMG_1121.jpg IMG_1119.jpg IMG_1118.jpg IMG_1117.jpg
#3342 4 years ago

i noticed you have a premium machine. Did you need the extra mounting hardware from pinbits? Or is that only for the LE machines? I been trying to hold off getting one until it's fully colorized, but it looks so dang cool in blue!

#3343 4 years ago
Quoted from Womper:

i noticed you have a premium machine. Did you need the extra mounting hardware from pinbits? Or is that only for the LE machines? I been trying to hold off getting one until it's fully colorized, but it looks so dang cool in blue!

Yes, I used the Pinbits adapter kit and their clear screen cover (The adapter is needed for any stern metal speaker plates at this point and the default Stern DM screen cover is tinted red). I am not going to lie - the initial installation shaved some time off my life. Lots of conflicting documentation that was not specific to the Star Trek machine in the first place. Although, now I could do it in a flash Once it was hooked up though, everything faded away because it looks incredibly awesome and really fits with the overall feel of the game. I will also say that the ColorDMD software is fantastic and can be easily tweaked and adjusted. I got the UI positioning and color dialed in seconds.

#3344 4 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Pics or it didn't happen.

Prince just called and said it might be a bit much. lol

Honestly I know its not for everyone, but looks stunning to me in person. The camera just can't catch the color saturation of the blues and purples. I will be changing some stuff up, I didn't get enough blues for the left side becausesomehow I looked down at the outlane LED's and thought they were 44's.

st_ledpacks.jpg

st_coloredleds.jpg

#3345 4 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

Prince just called and said it might be a bit much. lol
Honestly I know its not for everyone, but looks stunning to me in person. The camera just can't catch the color saturation of the blues and purples. I will be changing some stuff up, I didn't get enough blues for the left side becausesomehow I looked down at the outlane LED's and thought they were 44's.
st_ledpacks.jpg
st_coloredleds.jpg

Now ya just need a Comet 7 led strip to light up the center drain area.

#3346 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Now ya just need a Comet 7 led strip to light up the center drain area.

Its not nearly as dark in person, its weird how some of the LED's don't put out near as much light and some that do aren't captured by the camera. The blues and reds are actually pretty bright, the purples and yellows are the same type of LED but much more subdued.

I'm hoping the next thing I get is the replacement for that godawful translite. Right out of the box, even the Pro is pretty stuffing, but that backglass is atrocious.

#3347 4 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

Its not nearly as dark in person, its weird how some of the LED's don't put out near as much light and some that do aren't captured by the camera. The blues and reds are actually pretty bright, the purples and yellows are the same type of LED but much more subdued.

Oh I know all that but the led strip does a great job in that place. I have them on all but my DE games....they have one piece plastic aprons and I haven't gotten around to rigging them with disconnects.

#3348 4 years ago

Layout is great, artwork is great, lightning is awesome but can so tell me why such a ridiculous shuttle animation?
I have some feelings that since MM they do not improve anything in toy animation. LOTR tower was already ridiculous.

#3349 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Oh I know all that but the led strip does a great job in that place. I have them on all but my DE games....they have one piece plastic aprons and I haven't gotten around to rigging them with disconnects.

Wasn't familiar with it, but when on and looked. You're totally right, that looks really cool! Thanks!

#3350 4 years ago

Has anyone installed the trough left and right cliffy protectors on their Stern ST?
I got the trough protector installed, but can't find a pic of the wood rail protector installed. Can someone shoot a pic?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 16.00
$ 26.50
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 7.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Machine - For Sale
Dothan, AL
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Great American Pinball
$ 135.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 9.99
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Sale Pending!
Advance, NC
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Meridian Charter Township, MI
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7810 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 157.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside