PXL_20240127_043801582.MP (resized).jpg
Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
There are 10,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 217.
#3251 8 years ago

Aurich if you ever consider doing another AcDc translight (not Hellena) I'd be interested.

Maybe a band artwork like Met, or Hells Bells with imps.

Something not R rated.

#3252 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Aurich if you ever consider doing another AcDc translight (not Hellena) I'd be interested.
Maybe a band artwork like Met, or Hells Bells with imps.
Something not R rated.

Not in the cards. There's a reason the project was closed, and it means no going back to that brand.

Honestly I won't do anymore Stern translites from here on out, it's not a good space to work in anymore. As long as Star Trek isn't shut down I'll keep it alive, but that's the end for that.

I'll still do Stern mods, but nothing branded. And it's tough to do a translite without a brand.

#3253 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Not in the cards. There's a reason the project was closed, and it means no going back to that brand.
Honestly I won't do anymore Stern translites from here on out, it's not a good space to work in anymore. As long as Star Trek isn't shut down I'll keep it alive, but that's the end for that.
I'll still do Stern mods, but nothing branded. And it's tough to do a translite without a brand.

Paramount has been surprisingly lenient on Star Trek fan based material.

#3254 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Yup. But not gonna go down that road anymore. Especially with Stern selling their own branded mods now.

#3255 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Welp, I'm out of the club, Star Trek was picked up today. I'll be replacing it with an ACDC Premium on Sunday.

Curious. I would have assumed you already owned an AC/DC because of the translite you made.

#3256 8 years ago

Curious. I would have assumed you already owned an AC/DC because of the translite you made.

Heh, nope. It was just a fun project I did for people. There's a history for it in my Helen thread.

But it was hard to do without owning the game. That's why I bought Star Trek so early. Needed something to reference.

#3257 8 years ago

Well I, for one, am very grateful for your work on the ST translight and decals. I can't imagine my machine without them, nor would I want to. It's a little bittersweet knowing that you are no longer (technically) in the club, but I forgive you.

If I were anyone who either already owns a stock ST, thinking about getting a ST, or there's a remote possibility that a ST may one day make it into your stable, I'd jump all over Aurich's translight/decal package while supplies last.

#3258 8 years ago

Shuussshhh... What's wrong with you?
I think it's one of those - they have far too many licensed materials to deal with. Just been real damn lucky.

#3259 8 years ago

Well I can tell you that people have looked the other way on Star Trek. Not speculation, it's a fact. And I'm grateful for it, I just want to do fun stuff for people. I'm not gonna quit my day job to make pinball mods, that's for sure.

But like I said, I am done with Stern translites, or anything branded for Stern games. Just too much stress there. This is supposed to be something fun, not something that creates drama.

If I can find the time to finish this in-progress Metallica mod it's totally unbranded with the band, so nothing stressful there.

#3260 8 years ago

Aurich,thank you for the great stuff you've given us! I think i can say for all,that we are very glad to have your mods in our games! The fact that you are moving on makes our stuff more special,and we are always glad to hear from you,so don't be a stranger,! I know i have a lot of stuff from my 49'rs that isn't licensed by the NFL,and sometimes they get tacky,so we all understand!!Peace!!

#3261 8 years ago

Yesterday, I officially joined the club! Fitting as the 1990s Data East ST machine was the first time I seriously considered owning my own machine (the 'first home machine' title eventually went to Flash Gordon.) So far my mind is blown and socks knocked off....everyone in the fam is having a blast as well. Its a really great pinball game and the execution of the theme itches all those vintage Star Trek nostalgia points for me.

IMG_1091.jpgIMG_1091.jpg IMG_1089.jpgIMG_1089.jpg IMG_1082.jpgIMG_1082.jpg
#3262 8 years ago

Welcome and you got a Premium too....nice.

#3263 8 years ago

I have a DE Star Trek 25th that I'm going through at the moment, but man, I really want a new ST Premium!!

Can't swing it though w/o selling off most of my collection. Oh well, 25th will have to do.

Great pickup.

#3264 8 years ago

9 days since I've played my Star Trek LE...looks like another 2-3 weeks minimum, maybe closer to 6-7.

This rotator cuff surgery (full tear) is the worst sickness/injury I've ever been through...and that includes when I broke my arm.

Anyway, I hope more people join the club. It is definitely one of Steve Ritchie's best machines.

#3265 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

9 days since I've played my Star Trek LE...looks like another 2-3 weeks minimum, maybe closer to 6-7.
This rotator cuff surgery (full tear) is the worst sickness/injury I've ever been through...and that includes when I broke my arm.
Anyway, I hope more people join the club. It is definitely one of Steve Ritchie's best machines.

Really sorry to hear that. Be a good boy for the doctor.

#3266 8 years ago

After I'm fully healed (December), I am totally treating myself to something.

#3267 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

After I'm fully healed (December), I am totally treating myself to something.

Another pin???

#3269 8 years ago

FYI, star trek continues episode 4 is out:

https://vimeo.com/128304406

#3270 8 years ago

Here is a video with the blackout mod and custom sounds.
This version is without "Khaaaaan"

#3271 8 years ago
Quoted from ernoe:

Here is a video with the blackout mod and custom sounds.
This version is without "Khaaaaan"
» YouTube video

1.63, eh?

#3272 8 years ago

How are points awarded for achieving bronze and then silver and then gold on the level 1 missions? I had assumed the point award was uniform, meaning each time you got bronze, you received the same points. But, I have received anywhere from 550,000 to 800,000+ points for bronze. Silver seems to vary as well, and I assume gold also varies. Does anyone know the rules?

#3273 8 years ago

I'm in! Love this game!

standmet800.jpgstandmet800.jpg
#3274 8 years ago

Nice - congrats! ST sure looks bright next to Metallica. The light show is probably my favorite thing about ST.

#3275 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Nice - congrats! ST sure looks bright next to Metallica. The light show is probably my favorite thing about ST.

The first time I saw the Klingon attack, where the shaker hits, the machine flashes like somethings wrong with it and you get the "what the hell was that!?!" callout, I thought that was worth the entire purchase price of the machine. Possibly the coolest thing I ever saw a pinball machine do.

I avoided going the purple route with Metallica and I'm glad I did, because I ordered some purple and blue for the slings and back of Star Trek, just to kind of tone down the glaring white.

#3276 8 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

The first time I saw the Klingon attack, where the shaker hits, the machine flashes like somethings wrong with it and you get the "what the hell was that!?!" callout, I thought that was worth the entire purchase price of the machine. Possibly the coolest thing I ever saw a pinball machine do.

You are correct.
Scared Stiff does it a bit better, but Star Trek Klingon Multiball is much easier to get then beating the entire Scared Stiff game.

#3277 8 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

I avoided going the purple route with Metallica and I'm glad I did, because I ordered some purple and blue for the slings and back of Star Trek, just to kind of tone down the glaring white.

Pics or it didn't happen.

#3278 8 years ago

2 weeks since I've played my pins...1 more week till the sling comes off...still a few more weeks away from playing them.

#3279 8 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Pics or it didn't happen.

This is the best I can do till they get here! (the 906's are to make the area behind the snake flash green in Metallica)

reciept.jpgreciept.jpg
#3281 8 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

I'm in the club

20150603_223402.jpg

Quite a beauty. Love the LE! Congrats.

#3282 8 years ago

Welcome!

As a Pro owner, I do have to say that the side rails do look damn cool.

#3283 8 years ago

BTW, been meaning to ask around. Does anyone here have the Refinery metallic blue apron mod for the Pro? Been thinking about getting one of those to replace the stock black plastic one. The only thing I'm not sure about is in the pics on the Refinery page, it shows a matching blue lockdown bar. Does that come with the apron or was that something that may have been purchased elsewhere? I didn't see them selling just a blue lockdown bar anywhere.

#3284 8 years ago

When do you guys think we will get a full color DMD for the game?

#3285 8 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

How are points awarded for achieving bronze and then silver and then gold on the level 1 missions? I had assumed the point award was uniform, meaning each time you got bronze, you received the same points. But, I have received anywhere from 550,000 to 800,000+ points for bronze. Silver seems to vary as well, and I assume gold also varies. Does anyone know the rules?

I don't know the exact point values but you get points based on the total number of medals you receive, plus bonus points for sets of 5 medals. These are cumulative across all 18 missions, so your KM bonus can get large if you drill down to L2/3 on several modes before starting it. And double scoring will double your total for medal awards.

#3286 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

IDK - I'm guessing a few more months. ColorDMD does seem to be cranking out all kinds of titles now. Good to see the community stepping up to help them colorize games.

#3287 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I hope not until next year lol. I just bought my 6th colorDMD and it was a bit hard to swallow when I did the math at $450 x 6 after tax/shipping. I plan on getting a Stern Star Trek one of these days, I am a pretty hard core Trekkie so it only seems logical. Already have 2 ST pins may as well make it 3. But I love these damn colorDMD's so much if they come out with a Stern ST I will be forced to buy the pin sooner than I should. Then I have to make the overlay decal to cover the bevel & emboss and I will be good to go.

Quoted from JimB:

FYI, Star Trek continues episode 4 is out:

AWESOME!!! Cant wait to watch, I helped fund this episode on kickstarter. They never sent me my items for supporting it tho.. hmmm.

#3288 8 years ago

I've been running a ColorDMD in my Stern LE since just about the first day I got it.
I just need the update.

#3289 8 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

I don't know the exact point values but you get points based on the total number of medals you receive, plus bonus points for sets of 5 medals. These are cumulative across all 18 missions, so your KM bonus can get large if you drill down to L2/3 on several modes before starting it. And double scoring will double your total for medal awards.

Ahh, so each successive medal you get is worth more points when you get the medal? I also didn't notice the bonus points for when you get five medals. I'll have to try to pay more attention, but keeping track of the ball with all of the medal award flashiness is hard enough. Still, I love it!

#3290 8 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

BTW, been meaning to ask around. Does anyone here have the Refinery metallic blue apron mod for the Pro? Been thinking about getting one of those to replace the stock black plastic one. The only thing I'm not sure about is in the pics on the Refinery page, it shows a matching blue lockdown bar. Does that come with the apron or was that something that may have been purchased elsewhere? I didn't see them selling just a blue lockdown bar anywhere.

I don't have the blue one I have the chrome and it looks great but the blue looks great too. The blue apron is part of the blue armor set and does not come separate that I know of. Drop them a line and see if they will sell separate. You might get a better price if you buy both.

#3291 8 years ago

ST Premium/LE owners: When the ball comes out of the vuk to the left flipper, can you immediately get it cradled?

Previously, I could but had to work it, which could get dicey at times. Played a couple games last night and it seems like I can now consistently just get it stopped just holding the flipper up.

I'm concerned it's going to make the game too easy. But...being that I haven't made it too 5Y yet, I'll leave it alone for now. Stopping the flow of the game like that is going to cause me too miss out on some combo points, but being able to pick my shot every time will definitely help progress through the modes. Just curious how other pins are playing.

#3292 8 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

ST Premium/LE owners: When the ball comes out of the vuk to the left flipper, can you immediately get it cradled?
Previously, I could but had to work it, which could get dicey at times. Played a couple games last night and it seems like I can now consistently just get it stopped just holding the flipper up.
I'm concerned it's going to make the game too easy. But...being that I haven't made it too 5Y yet, I'll leave it alone for now. Stopping the flow of the game like that is going to cause me too miss out on some combo points, but being able to pick my shot every time will definitely help progress through the modes. Just curious how other pins are playing.

Checked your level side to side lately?

#3293 8 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Did you put new flipper rubbers on? Super bands perhaps? Off memory Im pretty certain I can't cradle from a ramp or VUK/ramp return.

#3294 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Checked your level side to side lately?

Checked it last night. It's a pinch tilted to the right, but when the balls drops from the Vengeance it just hits the right flipper. I feel like whenever I get it perfectly level it goes SDTM. The reality is I need to get a good digital torpedo level. Been just using a phone app, and it sure seems flaky sometimes.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Did you put new flipper rubbers on? Super bands perhaps? Off memory Im pretty certain I can't cradle from a ramp or VUK/ramp return.

Been using Super Bands the whole time. I dropped my pitch a little though. Phone app was saying pitch was 7.5-8. Dropped it down so now it's just over 7. Again, need a proper level to confirm. Have been meaning to pick up some Titan rubber though. The Super bands are grippy, I'm going to guess they are the culprit.

#3295 8 years ago

What color super bands is everyone rocking on the flippers on the LE? I'm thinking of going with blue, and clear for everything else. Any pictures out there?

#3296 8 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

spidey said:

Ahh, so each successive medal you get is worth more points when you get the medal? I also didn't notice the bonus points for when you get five medals. I'll have to try to pay more attention, but keeping track of the ball with all of the medal award flashiness is hard enough. Still, I love it!

I don't think the value of the medals go up, it's just that you can earn a higher number of them by playing L2/L3 modes before KM.
The 5-medal bonus is per type, so you'll see it add up all your bronze medals, then award a set-of-5 bronze bonus, then silver, silver bonus, gold then gold bonus. As has been mentioned, if you're not on ball 3 or (if you have an extra ball) then save the 6th L1 mission until you get some more medals, or until you're one Warp shot short of a double scoring. Play the 6th L1 and make sure and hit the Warp ramp for 2x scoring (you might avoid Black Hole and Away Team to make sure the 2x is still active when you start KM).

Don't forget about playing your Vengeance modes. Extra ball for completing V2 and 10/20/40% of total score for V3. Plus when you finish V3, you start over so it's nice to have V1 ready to play again. Learn to live catch the kickout to make an easier time getting the V2 extra ball.

#3297 8 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

What color super bands is everyone rocking on the flippers on the LE? I'm thinking of going with blue, and clear for everything else. Any pictures out there?

The clear post rubbers look really good and hold up well. I did have one break by the vengeance but the rest still look brand new. I used blue on the lower flippers and red on the upper flipper. I've been thinking of trying the Titan rubbers, though. Sounds like they perform a little better.

#3298 8 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Does doing this take away from the medal ceremony in EA and 5Y? Or do they apply three times?

#3299 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Johnny Mneumonic Alt translite, please!!!!! You can do it and I know it would look absolutely WICKED.

#3300 8 years ago

I was having an issue with the spinner wire getting stuck on the screw and holding the spinner horizontal (think I read about it in this thread), so went for the solution of trimming a tiny little bit of it away to clear the screw.

Don't ya know, that little cut end went flying somewhere in the game even though I had it 80% covered by a rag? I went all over the playfield with a telescoping magnet and also popped the playfield to see if it dropped under or if gravity would slide it to the back. The little fuc#er never turned back up. I'm just imagining it either waiting there to short something out or grinding into my playfield!

I suppose it could have been flung clear, but I have rotten luck. Aargh!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 64.99
$ 85.00
$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 63.95
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gilbert, AZ
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 217.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/66 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.