PXL_20240127_043801582.MP (resized).jpg
Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
There are 10,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 217.
#3201 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Did you put it on the inside or outside of the plastic?

I put it on the inside so it doesn't get scratched. Over kill I know.

#3202 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It might be time for me to leave this club, thinking I'll sell my ST Premium. I have to admit though, seeing the photos in here does make me realize I'll miss it a bit. Just not playing it though, and I need to free up a slot, I've hit max capacity.
Maybe I'll pull Helen out of my swap box and put my Star Trek translite in it instead.

I'll be sorry to see you go. You have done soooo much for us owners.

#3203 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I put it on the inside so it doesn't get scratched. Over kill I know.

I think inside is the way to go. On my other 2 pins, I put it directly on the DMD. I just think it looks better when it is hidden.

#3204 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I'll be sorry to see you go. You have done soooo much for us owners.

Heh, thanks man. Honestly I bought the game wanting to do new art for it, so even if I let it go it was worth it. Fun project. I even beat Stern to the punch with full color speaker decals for that style backbox!

#3205 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Heh, thanks man. Honestly I bought the game wanting to do new art for it, so even if I let it go it was worth it. Fun project. I even beat Stern to the punch with full color speaker decals for that style backbox!

Ya know your gonna have to sell it with your tl in it... right. Signed of course.

#3206 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I think inside is the way to go. On my other 2 pins, I put it directly on the DMD. I just think it looks better when it is hidden.

Yup.

#3207 8 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Anything specific your wondering about?

thanks for the tips, I am going to play some more, and maybe go back and read this thread to see if there is any more rules.

I'm really a guy who likes to read the rules over and then play rather than discover the rules by trial and error.

I really enjoy some pins more when I understand them like I do with (simple games) like PotC and IM and mostly Tron. But a game like AcDc and ST I'm kind of lost at times.

#3208 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Love what you did with ST. Never get tired of looking at that translite. What are you thinking of replacing ST with?

#3209 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

What are you thinking of replacing ST with?

Probably ACDC Premium. Similar style of game, will keep that slot in my collection oriented that way. I like to keep things mixed up.

#3210 8 years ago

#3211 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Probably ACDC Premium.

C'mon, you know you can find room for both.

310732.jpg310732.jpg
#3212 8 years ago

Aurich, the translite is beautiful. Just got it put in with the panel overlay. Looks amazing on a premium!

#3213 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfanoz:

Aurich, the translite is beautiful. Just got it put in with the panel overlay. Looks amazing on a premium!

Thanks man. I'm pretty partial to it in a Premium too.

Someone is coming by tomorrow to look at the game, and leave a deposit if he wants it. I'm hoping there's one more software update for all you guys though, I think it still needs a little polish and love. I'm sure Dwight will take care of it if he has time.

#3214 8 years ago

Anyone get blemishes / small scuffs on their armor with premiums and LE's? Best way to touch that up btw?

Know things arent going to stay perfect but just looking to keep it nice.

#3215 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfanoz:

Anyone get blemishes / small scuffs on their armor with premiums and LE's? Best way to touch that up btw?

About all ya can do is wax it real good. Powder is all surface shine.

#3216 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Thanks man. I'm pretty partial to it in a Premium too.
Someone is coming by tomorrow to look at the game, and leave a deposit if he wants it. I'm hoping there's one more software update for all you guys though, I think it still needs a little polish and love. I'm sure Dwight will take care of it if he has time.

As far as I understand; Dwight is going to add a layer of polish. I wouldn't expect much, just polish and fixes. STLE is tied with LoTR for my all time favorite pin. Love everything about it - just need a color dmd

#3217 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

As far as I understand; Dwight is going to add a layer of polish. I wouldn't expect much, just polish and fixes. STLE is tied with LoTR for my all time favorite pin. Love everything about it - just need a color dmd

Yeah, doesn't need new rules, and he made it kind of clear they're not really thinking in that direction anyways I thought. Just polish would be good.

Color is being worked on!

#3218 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yeah, doesn't need new rules, and he made it kind of clear they're not really thinking in that direction anyways I thought. Just polish would be good.
Color is being worked on!

Code polish by Sullivan = Awesome
ColorDMD = Time to sell another kidney for another display. I have one for IJ and it's amazing.

#3219 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfanoz:

ColorDMD = Time to sell another kidney for another display. I have one for IJ and it's amazing.

YIKES...I thought you sold one for IJ That means you'd have NO kidneys.

#3220 8 years ago

I waxed ST the other day. I didn't take anything apart but did wax the ramps as well. Plays so fast I can barely keep up and a lot more side drains. It's hard to get a good score but did get 38m in one mode with gat and no multipliers. I was nailing the spinner and warp combo over and over. That was fun.

#3221 8 years ago

I may have said this before, but the more I play my LE, the more I love it.

#3222 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfanoz:

I've had a little piece of the dark red topcoat tear off near the right flipper button. Disappointing since I've not abused it at all that I noticed. I put some electrical tape over it so it won't spread because it looks like it peels up and could curl up on the edges and spread very easily. Doesn't look like an easy fix since the coating is some type of composite layer added to the metal from what I see...

#3223 8 years ago

Hawkmoon has a special deal!! I bought the visor mod for my vengeance.I already have the mod ,interactive vengeance mod ( in red) and the visor mod is not compatable with it!! SO the first pinhead with a red heart that wants this mod,can have it for free,i will send it to you gratis! I do this cause i want somebody to enjoy it!! SO GO first response scores

#3224 8 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

SO the first pinhead with a red heart

I like your style.

#3225 8 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Hawkmoon has a special deal!! I bought the visor mod for my vengeance.I already have the mod ,interactive vengeance mod ( in red) and the visor mod is not compatable with it!! SO the first pinhead with a red heart that wants this mod,can have it for free,i will send it to you gratis! I do this cause i want somebody to enjoy it!! SO GO first response scores

These mods actually are compatible. I installed both on my Vengeance using slightly longer screws.

#3226 8 years ago

OK,well offer still up!!! Nebody?? thank,you Aurich from you a valued complement

#3227 8 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

OK,well offer still up!!! Nebody?? thank,you Aurich from you a valued complement

What is the mod? I would be interested. I will search it out and PM you.

#3228 8 years ago

Hawkmoon,replys,REI,Tuna says they ARE compatable with longer screws,so ??Dantebean,its a visor,that fills up the empty space on the front of the vengeance,and also has a new led light for a new effect,some assembly required!!

#3229 8 years ago

Hawkmoon,says,ok kiddies,i have 2 possibles,gotta go for awhile,its 2:15 here in sunny cali,be back by 7 p.m.peace!

#3230 8 years ago

Hawkmoon likes what you are doing

#3231 8 years ago

kiwi pinhead,are you familiar with my avatar,Dorian,VanHawkmoon,from castle brass???

#3232 8 years ago

Well,ok,red hart pinheads,this offer will be in effect for 24 hours.If i get no response,i have a outside offer not a pinhead!! Its miller time,peace!!!

#3233 8 years ago

You guys see the LE in the Market Place.....$6200 from a new Pinsider in Omaha.

#3234 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You guys see the LE in the Market Place.....$6200 from a new Pinsider in Omaha.

not there anymore, sending out today for a premium.

Quoted from hawkmoon:

I'll take it

#3235 8 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Well,ok,red hart pinheads,this offer will be in effect for 24 hours.If i get no response,i have a outside offer not a pinhead!! Its miller time,peace!!!

I'll take it.

#3236 8 years ago

Hawkmoon announces,Chosen-swins by a nose!!!Thank you all for your support,peace

#3237 8 years ago

Hawkmoon,cries,6200??? New???thats stealing!!!! Chosin-s scores twice!!!!

#3238 8 years ago

Got my first billion!

2X into KM ~ 160m
EA ~ 150m
Beat Vengeance 3 for the first time ~ 150m
Had 2 ball bonuses each ~ 100m+

Still didn't reach 5Y. Had 3 modes left. What an awesome game.

20150519_184452.jpg20150519_184452.jpg

#3239 8 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Got my first billion!
2X into KM ~ 160m
EA ~ 150m
Still didn't reach 5Y. Had 3 modes left. What an awesome game.
20150519_184452.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

damn, i'm gonna need to play a lot more, great score!

#3240 8 years ago

Man, I would love to see some video of you playing and your technique. I have been struggling to beat my #4 HS lately, which is in the mid 100m. GC is only in the low/mid 200m.

BTW, my ST has a Nemesis mode I have become aware of. It causes my ball to instantly drain right after receiving an extra ball...every time.

#3241 8 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

BTW, my ST has a Nemesis mode I have become aware of. It causes my ball to instantly drain right after receiving an extra ball...every time.

Your just gonna have to go into the menu and turn off that big magnet that's activated when ya get extra ball.

#3242 8 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

Man, I would love to see some video of you playing and your technique. I have been struggling to beat my #4 HS lately, which is in the mid 100m. GC is only in the low/mid 200m.

Oh man, I thought I was the only one with that disease! Happens 90% of the time it seems like.

Same scores too. On a good day I beat my #4 score now.

#3243 8 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Got my first billion!
2X into KM ~ 160m
EA ~ 150m
Still didn't reach 5Y. Had 3 modes left. What an awesome game

Nice work. I can't even get half that score or get to amok. I find it kind of odd you have not beat vengeance3 before with a score like that. The hard thing for me is to hold it off until I get a decent score and then try to do sudden death on a combo. Otherwise it's just a handful of shots up the middle and not a huge payout.

#3244 8 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

damn, i'm gonna need to play a lot more, great score!

Thanks!

Quoted from PWhiz:

I've been thinking of getting something set up to shoot some video. I'll see what I can do.

Quoted from PWhiz:

Didn't you know that mode is on every pinball game? We always say, extra balls are fake.

Quoted from jawjaw:

Nice work. I can't even get half that score or get to amok. I find it kind of odd you have not beat vengeance3 before with a score like that. The hard thing for me is to hold it off until I get a decent score and then try to do sudden death on a combo. Otherwise it's just a handful of shots up the middle and not a huge payout.

It's really only the 2nd time I've battled V3 since code version 1.6. Playing entirely too much pinball has taught me that shooting up the middle is generally bad news. However, I realize there's a nice chunk of points there, so my recent strategy has included taking 3-4 shots at the Vengeance while the ball save is lit. Aside from that, most of my hits to the V are from bricked Warp Ramp shots that bounce over. During that last game it wasn't until after EA that I battled V3. I was really going for the combo shot too. I knocked the target down 4 times trying to get the combo shot set up, but ultimately the shot that went in wasn't a combo.

Also, for some clarification. The scores I listed for KM/EA(160/150) were for the medals. Not sure what I actually got for the modes. I think I only had 1 or 2 shots left to complete KM. As for EA, this was only my 4th time getting there. I think I did pretty well, but still not really sure what's going on with that mode.

I believe my order of mode progression for the game was:
KB1-3, Nero1-3, DtD1, StE1, PD1, SJ1, KM, PD2(dnf), DtD2, StE2, SJ2(dnf), SJ2, PD2, EA, PD3(dnf), SJ3

Next stop, 5 Year Mission.

#3245 8 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Thanks!

I've been thinking of getting something set up to shoot some video. I'll see what I can do.

Didn't you know that mode is on every pinball game? We always say, extra balls are fake.

It's really only the 2nd time I've battled V3 since code version 1.6. Playing entirely too much pinball has taught me that shooting up the middle is generally bad news. However, I realize there's a nice chunk of points there, so my recent strategy has included taking 3-4 shots at the Vengeance while the ball save is lit. Aside from that, most of my hits to the V are from bricked Warp Ramp shots that bounce over. During that last game it wasn't until after EA that I battled V3. I was really going for the combo shot too. I knocked the target down 4 times trying to get the combo shot set up, but ultimately the shot that went in wasn't a combo.
Also, for some clarification. The scores I listed for KM/EA(160/150) were for the medals. Not sure what I actually got for the modes. I think I only had 1 or 2 shots left to complete KM. As for EA, this was only my 4th time getting there. I think I did pretty well, but still not really sure what's going on with that mode.
I believe my order of mode progression for the game was:
KB1-3, Nero1-3, DtD1, StE1, PD1, SJ1, KM, PD2(dnf), DtD2, StE2, SJ2(dnf), SJ2, PD2, EA, PD3(dnf), SJ3
Next stop, 5 Year Mission.

Well done ectobar! Love hearing the strat progression too! Nero 1-3 is a biggy imo. That left orbit 2x multiplier can open some good scoring. KB 1-3 is a good one too; one of the more fun mission lines and probably the easiest as well.

Thanks for sharing. I'll have to get some games in on the extended weekend. I'll see if I can get the camera set up for footage too, but not promising anything as I have a 2 yr old running rampage in the house. Hard to play pinball solo these days (not complaining just saying) let alone with a camera set up

#3246 8 years ago

I'm in...just ordered a premium yesterday !
Somewhere in the forum I saw a list of protection items to install but can't find it.
Does somebody have that link or any suggestions?

#3248 8 years ago

Yup, I got those installed on mine recently too and I think they look pretty slick as well. I also installed most of the Cliffy protector set. Still have to get around to doing the left scoop, although on the Premium it will be the VUK(and that looks like even more of a PITA :p). I really just wanted the ball eject and rail guard protectors, but I also put in the switch slot protectors for the ball drops on the inlanes. I haven't mylar'ed my shooter lane, but I've been considering options on doing that. There is a bit of wear already just in the ball eject area.

#3249 8 years ago

Welp, I'm out of the club, Star Trek was picked up today. I'll be replacing it with an ACDC Premium on Sunday.

I'm going to order a new run of translites/decals on Monday for everyone who's still on my waiting list. If you're interested you can sign up here:

http://www.aurichlawson.com/startrek/pre-order.html

I'm keeping one of my Star Trek translites to put in my swap box, so I'll still spiritually be a member!

#3250 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Welp, I'm out of the club, Star Trek was picked up today. I'll be replacing it with an ACDC Premium on Sunday.
I'm going to order a new run of translites/decals on Monday for everyone who's still on my waiting list. If you're interested you can sign up here:
http://www.aurichlawson.com/startrek/pre-order.html
I'm keeping one of my Star Trek translites to put in my swap box, so I'll still spiritually be a member!

OK well check in every once in a while. Have fun with ACDC.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 64.99
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Ana, CA
$ 15.00
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 217.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/65 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.