PXL_20240127_043801582.MP (resized).jpg
Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
There are 10,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 217.
#3151 8 years ago

Hawkmoon,begs,yes i wanna be a member too,guys,boy i barely get to captains chair on the last ball so i have some practice to do!!! But to reply to the inquiry about the shaker motor,my vengeance came with it already hooked up and i would mention something here,,,I'm 65yrs old and have tinnitus from all the loud music in my past,you really might consider hurting yourself when your 64 and you wish you hadnt,peace,Hawkmoon

#3152 8 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

Looks great, a much nicer blue than the "Painters Tape" blue T moulding. I thinking of going black too.

I agree, once you go black....

IMG_1721.JPGIMG_1721.JPG

#3153 8 years ago

I just got finished adding clear star posts to the slings and clear super post rubbers to the posts they look awesome and the super post rubbers play much much better than the standard ones

image.jpgimage.jpg image-207.jpgimage-207.jpg
#3154 8 years ago

just finished restoring my cabinet and added powder coated side rails,lockdown bar,coin door, legs, and gun. now to lift this ridiculously heavy playfield and put it back in.

DSC_0035.JPGDSC_0035.JPG
#3155 8 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

just finished restoring my cabinet and added powder coated side rails,lockdown bar,coin door, legs, and gun. now to lift this ridiculously heavy playfield and put it back in.

DSC_0035.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

Ohhhh does that look sweet.

#3156 8 years ago

#3157 8 years ago

Hit this new high score this morning. It had been 188 million prior. What's funny is that, I didn't really get much further mode-wise, just played better I guess.

IMG_0138.JPGIMG_0138.JPG
#3158 8 years ago

I've joined the club!
image.jpgimage.jpg

#3159 8 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

I've joined the club!

Me too - mine arrived yesterday!

DSC00854.JPGDSC00854.JPGDSC00895.JPGDSC00895.JPG

#3160 8 years ago

Just hit an 80M Double SUPER JACKPOT! Had to share

#3161 8 years ago

PRO version is enough on that game, but the PREM light me on...

#3162 8 years ago

I had my best ball EVER this weekend. On ball #1, I completed all the level 1 missions, past KM, and finished KB2. I had 250 million going into Ball #2...and of course didn't make much progress from there. Ended up with around 350 million. Still, it was so much fun.

image1.JPGimage1.JPG
#3163 8 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

KB 2. Spock's on the display, and never does anything! I've brought this up before and nobody cared, but it's craziness. Spock is not neceserilly primarily a man of action, but he's certainly not just going to sit there the whole time.</nerdrage!>

I just saw Spock shoot a Klingon tonight while playing KB2. I don't know how often he does, as opposed to Kirk, but he does.

#3164 8 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I just saw Spock shoot a Klingon tonight while playing KB2. I don't know how often he does, as opposed to Kirk, but he does.

Yup. Saw him shoot recently too.

#3165 8 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Excellent! I still haven't seen him do anything. I usually get a Gold Medal in that mode as well. I might have to pull the glass and play around.

#3166 8 years ago

I saw Spock shoot! 3 times oddly enough. Twice in the same game. It appears he only shoots the Klingons when they are close, and Kirk takes care of all the long shots. I'm usually just spamming the alpha ramp with the left flipper backhand during this mode, which generally keeps the Klingons far away. In any case, it's nice to know Spock contributes.

And for everyone else. My pro tip of the day.

How to get a gold medal during Nero III.

1. Get the ball cradled on the left flipper.
2. Hit the right flipper until the Alpha Ramp is lit.
(No more using the right flipper at this point)
3. Backhand the Alpha Ramp.
4. As the ball is traveling, flip the left flipper 6 times.
5. Repeat 3 and 4 until mode ends.

Takes some practice, but once you get the hang of it, the mode if very beatable.

For those that don't know. The way Nero III works is that there are two lit shots. The available lit shots are tied to your flippers. Meaning, when you flip, they move. Flip the right flipper, and one lit shot moves 1 to the left. Flip the left flipper and the other shot moves 1 to the right. The key is to get both available shots aligned if you can.
The process above accomplishes this because while your cradling the ball on your left, you use your right flipper to get the Alpha ramp lit. After you get the Alpha ramp lit, don't use your right flipper anymore or the shot will move. After you hit the Alpha ramp using your left flipper, flipping 6 times will put the active shot on the warp ramp, and then when you flip again to shoot the Alpha ramp both of your active shots will be on the Alpha ramp.

After that, you'll have the spinner doubler lit for the rest of the game. And who doesn't like a juicy doubled spinner?

#3167 8 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Me too - mine arrived yesterday!

Just wondering, what is the manufacture date on yours?

#3168 8 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

If it helps, mine was April 15th 2015.

#3169 8 years ago

So, on Star Trek Pro, right after I drained my final ball, and after the bonus was awarded, the DMD flashed the words "INCOMING TRANSMISSION" in small letters at the bottom. Needless to say, there was no incoming transmission. Has anyone else seen this? I did shake the machine a bit in frustration as the bonus was awarded. Is this some sort of Easter Egg?

#3170 8 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

So, on Star Trek Pro, right after I drained my final ball, and after the bonus was awarded, the DMD flashed the words "INCOMING TRANSMISSION" in small letters at the bottom. Needless to say, there was no incoming transmission. Has anyone else seen this? I did shake the machine a bit in frustration as the bonus was awarded. Is this some sort of Easter Egg?

Interesting. Never saw that. You didn't happen to notice if you got any points did you? There's a bonus for a double flip when data talks in STTNG, maybe it's something like that.

#3171 8 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Interesting. Never saw that. You didn't happen to notice if you got any points did you? There's a bonus for a double flip when data talks in STTNG, maybe it's something like that.

No, I didn't notice anything. It happened too fast. I've tried to recreate it by shaking the machine again during the bonus award, but I wasn't able to.

#3172 8 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

I'm not sure - where would I find this? After looking last night, I found the game's serial # in numerous locations (including the game warranty tag stapled to the inside of the cabinet), a 5/28/14 date stamped on the end of the playfield, and a 10/14/14 date on a grocery store-like sticker on the back of the coin door, but nothing that specifically lists a manufacture date.

#3173 8 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I'm not sure - where would I find this? After looking last night, I found the game's serial # in numerous locations (including the game warranty tag stapled to the inside of the cabinet), a 5/28/14 date stamped on the end of the playfield, and a 10/14/14 date on a grocery store-like sticker on the back of the coin door, but nothing that specifically lists a manufacture date.

Behind the lower part of the cab in back of game should be a date.

#3174 8 years ago

Have to share moment. Just defeated the vengeance 3 for 105mil! I had double scoring going and wussed out on the chance to combo it for a 40% score. Decided to take the conservative shot for 20%. Love this game.

#3175 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Have to share moment. Just defeated the vengeance 3 for 105mil! I had double scoring going and wussed out on the chance to combo it for a 40% score. Decided to take the conservative shot for 20%. Love this game.

Nicely done.

I've only played v3 once so far. Kinda crazy, think I might need to make it more of a focus if all those points are out there.

#3176 8 years ago

Can someone tell me how Kobayashi Maru awards points? It used to be double your mission 1 score for each corresponding shot, but I don't think that's true anymore.

#3177 8 years ago

So is there a rules thread anywhere? Or at least, can you guys explain does the Away Team award last for a set time or the duration of the mission or until you drain? Also is the Away Team only for level one missions?

I am trying to understand how the completed mission scores or medals work, do you get a certain amount for completing the mission and if you get to the KMMB you collect those values as jackpots or super jackpots?

I have not played much past level one. I think supper spinners is very good for points, what other Away Team shots are very valuable?

#3178 8 years ago

I was wondering about the balls sticking together on Vengeance MB, is there some fix for this?

#3179 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I was wondering about the balls sticking together on Vengeance MB, is there some fix for this?

Hit it harder and knock the ball off the magnet

#3180 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Behind the lower part of the cab in back of game should be a date.

Thanks - found it!

Quoted from Jasontaps:

Manufacture date appears to be March 17, 2015.

#3181 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

It's pretty cool how a few planned shots can blow up the score. I tried something similar the other day to combo the final vengeance shot. Not easy. I ended up draining and loosing a lot of points. Hard to be mad because I was getting greedy.

I think that is what really puts ST over the top. At every point in the game, there are different ways to score. You can play it safe and just go for what is lit or add risk by going for a combo shot or warp 2x. The more I play ST the more I like it.

#3182 8 years ago

Hi All! I want to join the club... I'm trying to figure out if I want to hunt down an LE, or go NIB Premium... What are the differences Besides the art package and the speaker LED's and shaker?

I read that there are color changing LED's on the LE, can they be added to the premium?

I want the Full experience, what do you guys recommend?

Thanks Everyone!

#3183 8 years ago

The Pro also has color changing LEDs under the inserts, but not for GI

#3184 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Hi All! I want to join the club... I'm trying to figure out if I want to hunt down an LE, or go NIB Premium... What are the differences Besides the art package and the speaker LED's and shaker?
I read that there are color changing LED's on the LE, can they be added to the premium?
Thanks Everyone!

All depends if you want bling and how much you want to spend.

#3185 8 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

The Pro also has color changing LEDs under the inserts, but not for GI

GI is the same for all 3 models.

Only a few inserts on the pro change color. Premium/LE, all the inserts change color.

#3186 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Thanks Everyone!

Go with a premium and add the shaker. It will have the exact same game play and light show as the LE.

After the last update, it's pretty hard to see any LEs changing hands now. I'm not sure if distributors still have the LE in stock.

For full disclosure, I own the LE…until the last code update, it was rather blah. Now the game is f__king awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On a side not, add this to your Star Trek game: http://www.cometpinball.com/DMD-GLARE-ELIMINATOR-p/dmdglare.htm There was barely any dimming on the DMD.

#3187 8 years ago

Any link for the rules?

#3188 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Go with a premium and add the shaker. It will have the exact same game play and light show as the LE.
After the last update, it's pretty hard to see any LEs changing hands now. I'm not sure if distributors still have the LE in stock.
For full disclosure, I own the LE…until the last code update, it was rather blah. Now the game is f__king awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
On a side not, add this to your Star Trek game: http://www.cometpinball.com/DMD-GLARE-ELIMINATOR-p/dmdglare.htm There was barely any dimming on the DMD.

I think for the money and bling, Im going to go with the Premium, thank you alot everyone !

Is the DMD Still Gas or is it LED?

#3189 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I think for the money and bling, Im going to go with the Premium, thank you alot everyone !
Is the DMD Still Gas or is it LED?

LEDs have been so for years, at least since X-men maybe longer.

#3190 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Any link for the rules?

I don't believe anyone has compiled a ruleset yet.

With the exception of EA/5Y rules, I pretty much know the rest. Anything specific your wondering about?

#3191 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Yup, got one on my Pro and it works perfect.

#3192 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yup, got one on my Pro and it works perfect.

Did you put it on the inside or outside of the plastic?

#3193 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Did you put it on the inside or outside of the plastic?

I put mine on the outside. It fits nice and flush with Aurich's speaker panel decal.

#3194 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I put mine on the outside. It fits nice and flush with Aurich's speaker panel decal.

I put mine on the inside. I can't even tell that it is there.

#3195 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Or at least, can you guys explain does the Away Team award last for a set time or the duration of the mission or until you drain? Also is the Away Team only for level one missions?

Away Team isn't an award. It's a Galactic Mode start. Only for level 1 missions. Does nothing for level 2/3. Once you hit 1 lit mode shot, the away team shot becomes active. Most of the Galactic modes are worth good points, but if you take the time to set some things up, scores can escalate quickly. The Galactic Modes run on timers. When you stat them, 20 seconds are added to your current mode timer.

For instance, a fun strategy that SKB has mentioned before:
The Galactic mode for StE gives you the spinner, and the warp ramp as lit shots.
By itself this mode is worth some solid points when you hit the spinner and then hit the warp ramp on the combo shot. However, for crazy points do:
Nero 1-3 : Gives you double Spinner.
DtD 1-3 : Gives you double Warp Ramp.
Now do StE and start the Galactic Mode.
At this point, you get 6-10 mil for both the spinner and warp shot.

#3196 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I am trying to understand how the completed mission scores or medals work, do you get a certain amount for completing the mission and if you get to the KMMB you collect those values as jackpots or super jackpots?

Depending on how many shots you make during a mode, a medal is awarded. When you start KM/EA/5Y, you awarded points based on how many medals you collected. You get a bonus for acquiring a set of medals. I think a set is 7.

What this means is that it benefits you to do more modes before starting KM. ie, don't just do all the level 1 modes and then start KM. The max points strategy would be to complete 15 modes leaving any set of modes eg PD1-3 untouched. At that point, you would complete PD1, then start KM. Do PD2, then start EA. Do PD3, then start 5Y.

Add to all that, and this is huge, 2X playfield you get from warp 9.1/9.9 doubles your medal awards. So in the above max points strategy you would really want to:
Complete 15 modes, while finishing PD1 get 2X running, start KM...

The above methods really apply to the whole game. If your playing for points, most of your game will be setting up for these super scoring opportunities.

My typical games end in the 200-300 mil range, in which I usually end before I have everything set up.

My favorite gamplan is as follows:

KB1-3, Nero 1-3, DtD 1-3, PD1-3, SJ1-3, StE 1, KM, StE 2, EA, StE 3, 5Y

I have never actually made it through that whole progression. I usually take some detours to play more favorable modes during mb's, or things aren't going as planned and I'll just get the Super Spinner going to have some fun.

A real typical game for me ends with me having completed:
KB1-3, Nero1-3, DtD 1, then die trying to cash in during Galactic StE.

#3197 8 years ago

^^^ That's a lot of setup. I can get a decent score but still have not made it to EA wizard mode yet. I sometimes go for KB 1-3 first but most of the time I just go for completing all lv1 modes. It's more rewarding to do that than to just finish random modes. My focus is on smaller goals like trying to get warp 2x at the best time, playing out gat, and doing well in mb. When I do those decently, I can get a pretty good score (350-400m) without playing out too many modes.

#3198 8 years ago

It might be time for me to leave this club, thinking I'll sell my ST Premium. I have to admit though, seeing the photos in here does make me realize I'll miss it a bit. Just not playing it though, and I need to free up a slot, I've hit max capacity.

Maybe I'll pull Helen out of my swap box and put my Star Trek translite in it instead.

#3199 8 years ago

Did a bunch of maintenance and upgrade work on my Pro last weekend. Playfield needed a general cleaning but I decided to take the time to replace all my post rubbers with clear 3/8" superbands. I had mostly blue 7/16" already on before, but wanted to try the clear look and slightly smaller to see if it made some of the ramp shots a bit easier to make. So far I really like it. I also put a red superband on my upper flipper. In doing so, I noticed that the alignment was off by a good amount. No wonder the ball was hitting the post on the way down if I left the flipper released. Warp ramp shots were also getting a lot harder to make. Adjusted it and it is so much better now.

Also decided to spruce things up and put some blue leds behind the shield targets and orange behind the weapons targets. I had bought some reds too, but I think the oranges match better and they all look really cool IMO. Didn't mess with any color down near the flippers though and not sure if I want to. Wouldn't mind getting the refinery apron kit with leds though.

Finally, I installed most of the Cliffy protector set. I didn't get around to the scoop as that looks to be a bit more of a PITA. I've heard issues with the magnetic ring protector and decided to just not bother with it, or the drop target protector yet either. But I got the shooter eject and rail guard in. Also the switch slot protectors. Then I also installed Freddie's Alpha/Beta ramp protectors for good measure.

Game is playing great and I think I really like the new, smaller post rubbers and the clear look.

#3200 8 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

Did a bunch of maintenance and upgrade work on my Pro last weekend. Playfield needed a general cleaning but I decided to take the time to replace all my post rubbers with clear 3/8" superbands. I had mostly blue 7/16" already on before, but wanted to try the clear look and slightly smaller to see if it made some of the ramp shots a bit easier to make. So far I really like it. I also put a red superband on my upper flipper. In doing so, I noticed that the alignment was off by a good amount. No wonder the ball was hitting the post on the way down if I left the flipper released. Warp ramp shots were also getting a lot harder to make. Adjusted it and it is so much better now.
Also decided to spruce things up and put some blue leds behind the shield targets and orange behind the weapons targets. I had bought some reds too, but I think the oranges match better and they all look really cool IMO. Didn't mess with any color down near the flippers though and not sure if I want to. Wouldn't mind getting the refinery apron kit with leds though.
Finally, I installed most of the Cliffy protector set. I didn't get around to the scoop as that looks to be a bit more of a PITA. I've heard issues with the magnetic ring protector and decided to just not bother with it, or the drop target protector yet either. But I got the shooter eject and rail guard in. Also the switch slot protectors. Then I also installed Freddie's Alpha/Beta ramp protectors for good measure.
Game is playing great and I think I really like the new, smaller post rubbers and the clear look.

Nice.
I put 4 blue LED's under the TREK inserts for the in lanes and out lanes.
Looks great.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 63.95
$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gilbert, AZ
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
New Brighton, PA
5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 10,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 217.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.