Topic Stats

• 7,488 posts
  • 614 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by sethi_i
  • Topic is favorited by 274 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,287 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20190403_110933.jpg
20190402_183008 (resized).jpg
20190402_182959 (resized).jpg
Apron.jpg
Card - Right.jpg
Card - Left.jpg
9B9677DE-1D29-40AD-8A3F-623273D7CCEC (resized).jpeg
IMG_0508 (resized).JPG
IMG_0500 (resized).JPG
Untitled (resized).jpg
20190319_155653 (resized).jpg
A0DB3762-E269-45B0-9576-ABA837AAC7AA (resized).jpeg
ACDEBBA1-113F-4A7A-B5A6-017E0F830ADD (resized).jpeg
20190311_162424.jpg
A5F372B7-CFC5-4124-BE6C-A49DF7D5F17B (resized).jpeg
BC7290D9-B20F-45EF-8A48-3B6AA70B6223 (resized).jpeg

There are 7488 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 150.
#2951 4 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

The only LEDs I had left to go were under the pop bumpers and after adding them, I switched them back. They just didn't illuminate the whole cap as well as incandescent.

Try Comet's Crystal Fan bulb, they have a nice light pattern for a single bulb.

#2952 4 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

I finally got the balls to tear down my STTNG and clean/wax it

That looks GOOD!

#2953 4 years ago

Nice looking STTNG Meph. Great pics, too. Second on Comet's crystal bulbs - using them in the pop on my Getaway. On my ST, I put ice blue 1 smd bulbs in the pops and they are plenty bright.

Don't worry about the fast gameplay and drains. It will slow down and get back to normal after a few plays. I waxed my Getaway and it was almost unplayable for a while. It was fast to begin with but after the wax you had barely any time to react. I can't imagine waxing ST and getting those kinds of speed. Someday I will give it a go.

#2954 4 years ago

Oddly, I can hit the Picard Maneuver easier now with all this speed. A little practice and I am already adjusting. 1.6 billion earlier, 3 balls and didn't even hit final frontier. I set my GC score of 6.6 billion last year and I have a feeling I am going to crush that soon. That was an exceptional game back then but lately my average games are getting pretty high. I had a 3.5 billion game or so last week and it only got me 3rd place Honor roll.

What are you guys getting for GC scores with 3 balls? I do have replay awarding an extra ball but replay is currently at 1.185 billion so I don't feel too bad about it. I have still never hit warp 9.9. Best I got was 9.7 I think but now I am really practicing the Picard Maneuver since it awards so many points.

#2955 4 years ago

18.9 billion
3 ball
No extra ball in Holdeck.

I like starting Q right before the multi balls

#2956 4 years ago

On my machine the HighScore is 35.8 bilj 3-ball, with extra ball award

(set by my son, few weeks ago, lasted 44 minutes 3 times final frontier. Damm kids )

@Meph, Great Job!! Super looking, nice pic's !!

#2958 4 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

Damn, guess I suck

Me too ...

#2959 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

On my ST, I put ice blue 1 smd bulbs in the pops and they are plenty bright.

Oh if you want to see those mini domes light up try the Crystal Fans in them. I did on my Pro and wow they look great. Don't know if he has Ice Blue in Fans though.

#2960 4 years ago

Nailed 20 warps on my ST Pro !!!!

#2961 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballophobe:

Nailed 20 warps on my ST Pro !!!!

Nice! Now see if you can do it in a single game.

j/k

#2962 4 years ago

Question to owners: What is the consensus on whether you must buy the STLE or if the Pro is the way to go...i.e., the way ACDC Premium.is the way to go on that pin but that Metallica Pro is sufficient (and fun to mod. Thanks!!

#2963 4 years ago
Quoted from Dbaum88:

Question to owners: What is the consensus on whether you must buy the STLE or if the Pro is the way to go

Do you have the cash for the bling? If so the LE is the way to go.

#2964 4 years ago
Quoted from Dbaum88:

Question to owners: What is the consensus on whether you must buy the STLE or if the Pro is the way to go...i.e., the way ACDC Premium.is the way to go on that pin but that Metallica Pro is sufficient (and fun to mod. Thanks!!

I played both version of AC/DC and bought a Premium (because well ..duh).

I played both versions of Star Trek and bought a pro. I don't regret the ST pro decision as I saw the majority of the differences in the ST premium as visual/styling upgrades not significant improvements in quality of the play ... IMO (YMMV) it made more sense to put the $$ toward my next machine purchase.

#2965 4 years ago
Quoted from Dbaum88:

Unless you have cash to burn, pro is the smart choice imo. The premium is all cosmetics - expensive cosmetics at that. I actually prefer the color led's in the pro instead of all color changers and the plastic ramps. With the help of Aurich's translite/decals and a few mods, my pro looks like a premium for way less. I suppose the premium will probably do better when it comes time to sell but I don't worry about those kinds of things. Buy a pro, get the mods you like, and enjoy.

#2966 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Oh if you want to see those mini domes light up try the Crystal Fans in them. I did on my Pro and wow they look great. Don't know if he has Ice Blue in Fans though.

I wish there was ice blue crystals - love the color. I have red crystals in the pops on my Getaway and love them. When I get enough of an order to justify shipping, I will try some crystals in ST. Seems like I always need a dollar or so in parts but never a bunch at once. When I do order, I then remember a few things I forgot. Frustrating.

#2967 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Seems like I always need a dollar or so in parts but never a bunch at once.

Can you see if a few friends want to go in on a group buy.

#2968 4 years ago

Joining the club. I bought a perfect HUO Star Trek Pro last night with less than 100 plays on it. Awesome game, let the modding begin

#2969 4 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

Joining the club. I bought a perfect HUO Star Trek Pro last night with less than 100 plays on it. Awesome game, let the modding begin

Ah, your the one that got the one that was up for sale on Pinside. A shaker is a must. Welcome to the club.

#2970 4 years ago
Quoted from Dbaum88:

With the recent code; the color changing inserts and apron are very appealing. The warp chase lights have a very cool and inviting effect. The laser show rocks for Klingon mb if you play the game in the dark. The web slinger to the left ramp is great to keep consistent flow in the game. The shields kick back keeps the action going. The trim laser lights on the LE are novelty only and cool to look at when your lounging in your game room but really unnecessary during gameplay.

So with that feedback, you have to determine if you want to give up those items or not. is the total package within your budget or not? I have not played a pro on the new code but did on earlier code and thought it was a very good buy and one of the best pro models out.

#2971 4 years ago
Quoted from pinworthy:

I played both version of AC/DC and bought a Premium (because well ..duh).
I played both versions of Star Trek and bought a pro. I don't regret the ST pro decision as I saw the majority of the differences in the ST premium as visual/styling upgrades not significant improvements in quality of the play ... IMO (YMMV) it made more sense to put the $$ toward my next machine purchase.

What he said.

#2972 4 years ago

Obvious playfield differences are the VUK return to left flipper on Prem/LE vs. the saucer's sorta randomish kickout on the Pro, which I believe gets tied into the coil pulse strength(?) setting in the menu. Then there is the kickback in the left outlane on the Prem/LE that instantly puts the ball back into play vs. the ball save and auto launch to the pops on the Pro. Now, one might have an actual argument for which is better though. In my opinion(being a Pro owner), I like having it go to the pops because it gives me a free try at the warp ramp. But it does slow the game down considerably. On the flip side, you basically just got saved from draining a ball either way so no bitching allowed.

Another personal preference is the difference between the wireform and plastic ramps. Personally, and not in all cases, I actually prefer the plastic ramps on ST. I don't know if it's just the way it catches and reflects the light, how it looks along with the rest of the theme, and there's also a nice feel to them too. I'm very happy with them.

Yes, there are a few bells & whistle features of the Prem/LE that would be nice to have like the laser show for one. The lighted apron looks cool, although I could spring for the Refinery one if I wanted a nice powder coated interactive LED one. Illuminated side rails are a nice touch too.

I almost shudder to think how much I have spent on mods for my Pro now. When I look at and play it, it's worth every penny though. Here's what I have in my Pro to give you an idea of the types of mods you can put in a Pro to trick it out like a hotrod.

Aurich's trans/decals+Refinery custom interactive LED backboard
Zitt's pop caps
Warp Ramp Chase Lights
Klingon Ship
Vengeance Explosion mod
Vengeance visor/interactive led mod
Hallmark lighted Enterprise ship
Erak's Asteroid(5-piece set) mod
Mirror blades
LED flipper buttons
LED speaker kit
Cliffy protectors
FREDDY's ramp protectors
Superbands everywhere
Invisiglass

#2973 4 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

Obvious playfield differences are the VUK return to left flipper on Prem/LE vs. the saucer's sorta randomish kickout on the Pro

As minor as this feature seems, I think it's a huge bonus. I play 3 different Pro's regularly, and on all of them the ball clips the top of the sling at least 50% of the time, which often leads to a lost ball.

That shot is essential to the game, and somewhat difficult to make. Having to worry about a drain every time I start a mission or hit that shot during the mode is awful. I'll take my Premiums return to flipper all day.

#2974 4 years ago

Joining the club I just bought a Star Trek LE yesterday this game is so sick!!!

image.jpg
#2975 4 years ago

I'll add that the light show on the Pro is quite good especially with the new code. But the light show on the Premium/LE is spectacular. I own the Pro and have played the LE a bunch on location. In my mind, it comes down to whether you want to spend that money on the extra flashiness. I didn't, but I don't fault those who do.

#2976 4 years ago

Just put all new clear superband post rubbers from Pinball Life on our Star Trek Pro.
Got tired of replacing the broken black ones and these look so much better.

IMG_0579.JPG IMG_0582.JPG
#2977 4 years ago
Quoted from pinworthy:

The 60+ color changing LEDs and laser light show are worth the price of admission, IMO. And there's plenty more upgrades for what amounts to only 30% bump in price (Premium).

#2978 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Just put all new clear superband post rubbers from Pinball Life on our Star Trek Pro.
Got tired of replacing the broken black ones and these look so much better.

IMG_0579.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
IMG_0582.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

Wow! Those look fantastic! I opted for the black superband post rubbers way back when because I wasn't sure how others would look. Seeing your pics, I think I'll switch to clear when I next have to change them.

#2979 4 years ago

I put on the same clear super post rubbers. They look perfect, stay clean, and more important don't break. The are super bouncy, though.

#2980 4 years ago
Quoted from Dbaum88:

What is the consensus on whether you must buy the STLE or if the Pro is the way to go

Premium!

Robert

#2981 4 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

The 60+ color changing LEDs and laser light show are worth the price of admission, IMO. And there's plenty more upgrades for what amounts to only 30% bump in price (Premium).

Ok so we different opinions on it

#2983 4 years ago

No problem!

Still one of my favorite mods! It just fits so well with the theme it's brilliant.

#2984 4 years ago

My ST Pro is finally on it's way! Soon to be in the club! I've already purchased the majority of the available mods and protective pieces. It'll be my first pin - and first NIB pin. I'm pretty excited.

#2985 4 years ago

In having a Pro and Premium.. the Premium is a great game with the color changing LED's and the metal ramp look with the side VUK but if you love the pro, its a great buy either way and still just as fun. In particular, with the code update and all the damned awesome mods you can buy.

#2986 4 years ago
Quoted from locdb:

My ST Pro is finally on it's way! Soon to be in the club! I've already purchased the majority of the available mods and protective pieces. It'll be my first pin - and first NIB pin. I'm pretty excited.

Congrats! ST was my first NIB pin, too. Make sure it has the latest code 1.61 when you get it. I recommend getting the shaker and Aurich's translite. You are going to love it!

#2987 4 years ago
Quoted from Dbaum88:

Question to owners: What is the consensus on whether you must buy the STLE or if the Pro is the way to go...

If you are a Star Trek fan and really liked at least one of the past two movies, do yourself a favor and get an LE. You will not regret it. I loved the "reboot" though I found "Into Darkness" forgettable at best (though I dug the special effects ... rare for me to even care about that stuff).

I only like the old crew when it comes to Star Trek and I am one of about 15 or 16 fans of the "Enterprise" TV series that was foolishly canceled just as it was getting really good. I find the "newer" stuff to be rather boring (except for STTNG the pinball machine, seasons 3, 4, and 5 of STTNG, and Seven of Nine)

If you're in love with Star Trek "the game", get the Pro. You have no need for that additional stuff . A laser show, RGB LEDs, wireforms, VUK, and other misc additions aren't worth the higher price unless LEs are still floating around the $6K mark (I haven't kept up with pricing). I'd only add the shaker motor and Aurich's translite to a Pro personally.

#2989 4 years ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

If you're in love with Star Trek "the game", get the Pro. You have no need for that additional stuff . A laser show, RGB LEDs, wireforms, VUK, and other misc additions aren't worth the higher price unless LEs are still floating around the $6K mark (I haven't kept up with pricing). I'd only add the shaker motor and Aurich's translite to a Pro personally.

You're forgetting about Premiums. You get all that with them as well, plus better cabinet decals.

Only thing cool about an LE is the LED side armor.

#2990 4 years ago
Quoted from pinworthy:

Ok so we different opinions on it

Obviously. No need to roll the eyes.

#2991 4 years ago

Obviously. No need to roll the eyes.

and no need to have quoted me in the first place. You could have simply stated your opinion on its own merits, quoting me appears to indicate you challenge what I had to say. We both think we made wise choices. If someone else chooses a pro instead of a premium or LE it shouldn't make you feel like you need to justify your choice.

#2992 4 years ago

It's official. Part of the club now.image.jpg

#2993 4 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

It's official. Part of the club now.image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Did they insist on shipping you a game with 1.4 code and no ability to update?

Kidding. Congrats and welcome!

#2994 4 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Did they insist on shipping you a game with 1.4 code and no ability to update?
Kidding. Congrats and welcome!

Hahaha. I was waiting until the code was more polished. I think 1.61 really kicks ass

#2995 4 years ago

Hearing all of the hype on the 1.61 code, had to pull the trigger. I've had it a few days and just added the shaker motor. Love it! IMG_0310.JPG

#2996 4 years ago

Gotta wonder how much sales have spiked for Stern with the release of the new code update just due to word of mouth of the positive changes. I'm sure these code updates can be a significant investment other than just keeping current owners happy.

#2997 4 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

Gotta wonder how much sales have spiked for Stern with the release of the new code update just due to word of mouth of the positive changes. I'm sure these code updates can be a significant investment other than just keeping current owners happy.

Me too and maybe if the spike is of good size hopefully they would see the wizdom of upgrading their other games.

#2998 4 years ago

The update certainly did create a buzz for the game. More than a few did voice concern over the code in the past so wouldn't be surprised if there was a spike in sales. If they can get more updates out for even older games, I bet their sales would pick up with people gaining confidence that Stern is focused on making things right.

#2999 4 years ago
Quoted from pinworthy:

and no need to have quoted me in the first place. You could have simply stated your opinion on its own merits, quoting me appears to indicate you challenge what I had to say. We both think we made wise choices. If someone else chooses a pro instead of a premium or LE it shouldn't make you feel like you need to justify your choice.

Somebody is awfully sensitive. I'll tiptoe around you in the future.

#3000 4 years ago

Somebody is awfully sensitive. I'll tiptoe around you in the future.

LMAO ... awesome, I was responding to your whining about my eye rolling but I imagine the irony of you saying I'm sensitive is lost on you.

I get that you feel the need to justify the extra expense of your purchase by pointing out the fancier LEDs and interestingly by doing that you reinforced my comment that it is mostly about visuals.

Both versions are great games and people should enjoy which ever model they choose.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 28.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Great American Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
3,850 (OBO)
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
$ 21.00
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 64.99
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 30.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 38.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lumberton, TX
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 7.65
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
5,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7488 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 150.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside