PXL_20240127_043801582.MP (resized).jpg
Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
There are 10,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 217.
#2301 9 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I believe Captains chair pertains to 3 in a row complete. Flashes during Super ramps, pops and spinner.

Okay. I thought it meant there was shot to do something..

Quoted from Nokoro:

Good fix for the bulb popping out of the spotlight is a dab of hot glue at the point where the bulb touches the saucer.

Not a big fan of hot glue but might have to do that.

#2302 9 years ago

Anyone install the cliffy protector for the lock on a pro? I have one and looks like you have to take a lot off the playfield to install it. Is there an easy way to get it installed?

#2303 9 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Anyone install the cliffy protector for the lock on a pro? I have one and looks like you have to take a lot off the playfield to install it. Is there an easy way to get it installed?

I tore down the left side a fair amount so it would be easy to mount properly.

#2304 9 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Good fix for the bulb popping out of the spotlight is a dab of hot glue at the point where the bulb touches the saucer.

Not a big fan of hot glue but might have to do that.

Try a bit of clear silicone first and see how that holds. Works for me.

#2305 9 years ago

That blue putty that teachers use to hang papers on walls works perfect and is easily removed. Sold at hardware stores and teachers stores.

#2306 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

That blue putty that teachers use to hang papers on walls works perfect and is easily removed. Sold at hardware stores and teachers stores.

Sux we gotta put "blue putty" in our multi-$K time waster to make it reliable! I love my ST but s**t if my non pinhead friends knew what we put up with they would lose all respect

#2307 9 years ago

Ya the 555 GI bulbs are completely ridiculous. those bulbs under the inlane plastics are the worst!

And it's not just ST. My MET, acdc and xmen had the same problems.

EDIT: the worst is when they pop out onto the pf and roll down into the ball trough during an epic game.

#2308 9 years ago

a small piece of double face tape do the job, easy to do, easy to remove, works for all last STERN (...)

#2309 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Ya the 555 GI bulbs are completely ridiculous. those bulbs under the inlane plastics are the worst!
And it's not just ST. My MET, acdc and xmen had the same problems.
EDIT: the worst is when they pop out onto the pf and roll down into the ball trough during an epic game.

I'm going to get some glue dots and see if those work. I still have two lamps that flicker.

EDIT: I already have some museum putty so may try that as well.

#2310 9 years ago

On Stern Star Trek I haven't made it to Enterprise Amok, but I think a cool idea is to when you make it to the mode or maybe save the enterprise level 3, the whole playfield goes black-except for one insert or so. You have to make the different shots to light up different parts of the playfield, essentially getting the power back on.

#2311 9 years ago

I think I have blue putty around the house so will try that. Glue is just too messy. I had an insert bulb that also gave me trouble right off the bat. I had to fiddle with it three separate times to get it to stay lit. It's annoying but if that all the trouble I have for a long time I will be happy.

#2312 9 years ago

Has anyone switched them out for 44 sockets yet? I was thinking about it.

#2313 9 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I think I have blue putty around the house so will try that. Glue is just too messy. I had an insert bulb that also gave me trouble right off the bat. I had to fiddle with it three separate times to get it to stay lit. It's annoying but if that all the trouble I have for a long time I will be happy.

Have you tried bending the little wires out and putting it back in?

#2314 9 years ago

Anyone else notice that when you get a ball rescue, the lights on the play field strobe upwards to coincide with the ball launch. Subtle but cool effect.

#2315 9 years ago

so only you st guys would know the feeling....ive had this game a little over a month, 450 plays in and i finally completed the shots for Kobayashi maru multi, then a few games later for the first time I completed all the shots for Klingon multi then hit the moving red light for the kilingon to say " SUUUUper jackpot" i was pumped up clapping, my wife thought i was weird. Now if i can only reach EA.

and today was the first time in 450 plays I heard the call out "this is commander spock one of our most distinguished graduates" and chekov said something like " i dont know what happened captain, the core must of burnt out" always something new with this game.

#2316 9 years ago

galactic lanes are pretty lucrative for points, how am i getting this feature lit?

#2317 9 years ago
Quoted from Kahanaohana:

so only you st guys would know the feeling....ive had this game a little over a month, 450 plays in and i finally completed the shots for Kobayashi maru multi, then a few games later for the first time I completed all the shots for Klingon multi then hit the moving red light for the kilingon to say " SUUUUper jackpot" i was pumped up clapping, my wife thought i was weird. Now if i can only reach EA.
and today was the first time in 450 plays I heard the call out "this is commander spock one of our most distinguished graduates" and chekov said something like " i dont know what happened captain, the core must of burnt out" always something new with this game.

Nice! I love the diversity of call outs. Goes a long way in a home use environment. The moving red light for the Klingon mb super isn't the end of that multiball. After getting that, hit the warp ramp and get an epic call out

I have a headset on my ST and hit a 40 mil DTD 1 the other night and was cheering and fist pumping. My wife in the next room had the biggest wtf look

#2318 9 years ago
Quoted from Kahanaohana:

galactic lanes are pretty lucrative for points, how am i getting this feature lit?

Prime directive 1 > galaxtic away team mode

#2319 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

thanks, i dont think ill ever complete k multiball and then hit that moving light again, i might have to remove glass and hear the call out your talking about with the warp ramp.

#2320 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Took me a second to figure out that Prime directive was not "greater than" galactic away team.

#2321 9 years ago

SNL Rebroadcast last night on NBC. Didn't remember this one, has to be the only time Shatner wore the original uniform post 1960's. They nailed it, extremely funny. Even the music chosen was classic....

https://screen.yahoo.com/star-trek-v-restaurant-enterprise-000000203.html

#2322 9 years ago
Quoted from Kahanaohana:

Wow. You are getting good fast. I only completed KM once. Most of the time. I'm just hitting the balls to keep them alive and most of the "jackpot" is random shots.

For the guys that can finish a tier 3. Can you guys make any shot at any time?
I time out on tier 3. Tier 2s takes me at least 2 missions to finish it.

#2323 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballophobe:

Wow. You are getting good fast. I only completed KM once. Most of the time. I'm just hitting the balls to keep them alive and most of the "jackpot" is random shots.
For the guys that can finish a tier 3. Can you guys make any shot at any time?
I time out on tier 3. Tier 2s takes me at least 2 missions to finish it.

There are some tier 3 missions that don't have a timer or have a fairly long timer. KB 3 would be a good place to start. A really long time, cool effects, standard shots, and you get 2x left ramp as a reward for the rest of the game.

#2324 9 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

SNL Rebroadcast last night on NBC. Didn't remember this one, has to be the only time Shatner wore the original uniform post 1960's. They nailed it, extremely funny. Even the music chosen was classic....
https://screen.yahoo.com/star-trek-v-restaurant-enterprise-000000203.html

That was fantastic! thanks for sharing.

#2325 9 years ago

Hey fellow ST fans. I have this like-new ST Pro translite for sale on eBay if anyone is interested. Haven't gotten any bids yet, I feel like it's priced pretty well at $50. Hopefully someone here is interested! Thanks for taking a look.

ebay.com link: Star Trek Stern Pro Pinball Translite Looks Great Official Stern Product

#2326 9 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Had a wicked game today. The machine was going ballistic. Previous night score was 200m.

image.jpg 195 KB

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Nice!!!! That beats my GC by 200k LOL! Dam now I got a task to do

Just had the game of my life. Scored 80M on PD3. Drained my final ball on the very final mission of the game before 5year mission. It was during STE3 and I had no multiballs ready to help. I finished all the Klingon battle missions and all the Nero missions in ball 1 so I had left loop and left ramp 2X shot lit the remainder of the game.

I do cheat though as I have my settings setup for double scoring timer at 60sec instead of 40. But no additional extra balls can be awarded. Only the warp and potential vengeance 2 eb which I earned.
image.jpgimage.jpg

#2327 9 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

There are some tier 3 missions that don't have a timer or have a fairly long timer. KB 3 would be a good place to start. A really long time, cool effects, standard shots, and you get 2x left ramp as a reward for the rest of the game.

Thanks for the tip. That's what I love about this game. The game is so deep. There are so many different combinations of strategy that can suit to players strong and weak points.

#2328 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Just had the game of my life.

Okay that's just ridiculous. I bet you were really "bored" with that game.
I need to change the 2x timer to 60 seconds, too.
BTW another good strategy for 2x scoring is stacking with Super Ramps. You can get up to 10M/warp ramp.

#2329 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Just had the game of my life. Scored 80M on PD3. Drained my final ball on the very final mission of the game before 5year mission. It was during STE3 and I had no multiballs ready to help. I finished all the Klingon battle missions and all the Nero missions in ball 1 so I had left loop and left ramp 2X shot lit the remainder of the game.
I do cheat though as I have my settings setup for double scoring timer at 60sec instead of 40. But no additional extra balls can be awarded. Only the warp and potential vengeance 2 eb which I earned.

image.jpg 229 KB

You once called yourself just an average player, I believe. Henceforth, you can never use that term to describe yourself. Well done!

#2330 9 years ago

Thanks for the tip. That's what I love about this game. The game is so deep. There are so many different combinations of strategy that can suit to players strong and weak points.

Agreed. Exploring the level 3 missions opens up new possibilities in the game.

#2331 9 years ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

Hey fellow ST fans. I have this like-new ST Pro translite for sale on eBay if anyone is interested. Haven't gotten any bids yet, I feel like it's priced pretty well at $50. Hopefully someone here is interested! Thanks for taking a look.
ebay.com link » Star Trek Stern Pro Pinball Translite Looks Great Official Stern Product

I think you added an extra zero by mistake...

Rob

#2332 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Coin door ball save is a must just for this reason.

#2333 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Coin door ball save is a must just for this reason.

Good idea. Know what setting that is off hand? I never enable it.

#2334 9 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Okay that's just ridiculous. I bet you were really "bored" with that game.
I need to change the 2x timer to 60 seconds, too.
BTW another good strategy for 2x scoring is stacking with Super Ramps. You can get up to 10M/warp ramp.

Hah! I think there was only one slow part in the game when I was trying to complete PD2. Took me like 3 times to complete it. besides that I was having a blast especially trying to maximize my scores with the 2X pf shots and stacks. That's why I love ST so much - have owned it 1+ year and the game doesn't feel like work to me one bit. So many strategies to explore.

I think that's why a lot of people give it a hard time - they don't know the scoring strategies too well and often see low scores on the level 1 missions. If you play the game in a linear fashion, it'll reward you with linear awards.

#2335 9 years ago

ok, whats a coin door ball save?

#2336 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Good idea. Know what setting that is off hand? I never enable it.

Standard adjustment #51.

Quoted from Kahanaohana:

ok, whats a coin door ball save?

It turns on the ball save when you open the coin door. This is perfect for those times that you have a PF malfunction that prevents you from continuing play. I think I'll create a separate thread on this as it sounds like it's not common knowledge. Really is helpful to prevent you from losing a ball due to something like a bulb that falls out.

Edit - added thread on this feature here - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/coin-door-ball-saver#post-2171801

#2337 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Standard adjustment #51.

It turns on the ball save when you open the coin door. This is perfect for those times that you have a PF malfunction that prevents you from continuing play. I think I'll create a separate thread on this as it sounds like it's not common knowledge. Really is helpful to prevent you from losing a ball due to something like a bulb that falls out.
Edit - added thread on this feature here - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/coin-door-ball-saver#post-2171801

thank you, i learn something new everyday, adjustment 51 im on it.

#2338 9 years ago

I'm pretty easy going guy. So all of the code/feature stuff surrounding the new ST isn't really getting me riled up.

Not much does.

However, the one thing that does grind my gears about the game, is the callout for the next person in a multiplayer game.

"Player 2, Step up."

Step up?????

We all know what player 2 needs to do. It's what we all do.

Player 2 needs to PUNCH IT!!!!

Am I right!?

Sorry...... I just feel it needed to be said...... I said it..... Do I feel better?.... A little......

#2339 9 years ago

Had a 3A SB fuse blow last night but fortunately I has a spare handy. Don't remember the number off hand but it was for all the coils except the flippers. Hopefully it was just a fluke. I don't ever expect a game to blow a fuse unless there's a problem that can be fixed. Could've used that coin door ball save so now I know.

#2340 9 years ago

Ya punch it would be cool. But I think they implemented the feature for noobs; how many times have you seen friends play your pins and not know who's turn it is? Dozens for me. But yea, punch it would be good

#2341 9 years ago
Quoted from Mottwally:

I'm pretty easy going guy. So all of the code/feature stuff surrounding the new ST isn't really getting me riled up.
Not much does.
However, the one thing that does grind my gears about the game, is the callout for the next person in a multiplayer game.
"Player 2, Step up."
Step up?????
We all know what player 2 needs to do. It's what we all do.
Player 2 needs to PUNCH IT!!!!
Am I right!?
Sorry...... I just feel it needed to be said...... I said it..... Do I feel better?.... A little......

But where does that end. What about getting the extra ball. Would it be "player 1 punch it again" vs "shoot again"

#2342 9 years ago
Quoted from Mottwally:

"Player 2, Step up."

I always thought it would have been clever to have him say to whatever player is in last place from a multiplayer game... "Player 3, Catch up!"

#2343 9 years ago

But where does that end. What about getting the extra ball. Would it be "player 1 punch it again" vs "shoot again"

I like where you are going with this!

#2344 9 years ago

Kirk: "Scotty, stand by to beam up player 2!"

Scotty: "Ready, captain."

Kirk: "Energize"

<transporter sound>

#2345 9 years ago

Hahaha you guys are crazy creative. That would be awesome if it was different (random?) each time or based on how you're score is vs the other players.

#2346 9 years ago

Let's see.....

"Player X, step up"
"Player X, Punch It"
"Player X, Energize"
"Player X, prepare for warp speed"
"Player X, play better" (we need a steve Ritchie play better call out right!? )
"Player X, Engage"
"Player X, Shields up go for it"

#2347 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Let's see.....
"Player X, step up"
"Player X, Punch It"
"Player X, Energize"
"Player X, Engage"

Player X, F - Off.

#2348 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Let's see.....
"Player X, step up"
"Player X, Punch It"
"Player X, Energize"
"Player X, Engage"

I have a hard time accepting that my Idea isn't the best one. Because it always is.

But this right here is a good idea.

#2349 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Standard adjustment #51.

I got to turn this on. I was at a friend's house yesterday (e4mafia), watching him have an epic game on TWD when the ball got stuck. He was really close to beating his GC score but didn't have the coin door ball save on, and the game eventually ended.

#2350 9 years ago

ok today for the first time in 485 plays, a lady says "special is lit" sure enough the red special light ive never seen lit before was lit, i hit it and the dmd showed some type of red whirlwind looking effect, I cant remember if it said " u hit the special" or something to that effect. How did i light it? what does it do? I couldnt really tell if anything different was lit or what it meant.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Ana, CA
$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 11.00
Playfield - Decals
RGP Models

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 217.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/47 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.