Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
DSCN3234 (resized).JPG
There are 10,796 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 216.
#2051 9 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I have only noticed three. Add a ball, extra time, and 200,000 points

I've also seen 2x, 3x, etc bonus multiplier awarded.

#2052 9 years ago
Quoted from Fresh_Wax:

Ahhh, very true, but there is a 4th skill shot that the right flipper must be held for
worth 1.5 mil on first shot too!

I would say 3:
Soft plunge -> warp ramp: Starts with 500k
Left button -> vengeance or right ramp: Starts with 1 Mio.
RIght button -> warp ramp: Starts with 1.5 Mio.

EACH skill shot can be done/tried once per ball PLUS each hit increases the value of EACH skill shot, so you can score with the first ball:
500k + 1.100k + 2.100k = 3.700k

#2053 9 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

I've also seen 2x, 3x, etc bonus multiplier awarded.

Plus super pops and Extra Ball

#2054 9 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Yes. Should be activated by hitting the two Shields standups on the left. As you get more balls saves, the number of times you have to complete the two side targets increases, with a maximum of 3 (assuming it works the same as the LE).

Further Shield hits increase the value of rescue.

#2055 9 years ago
Quoted from Duex:

I would say 3:
Soft plunge -> warp ramp: Starts with 500k
Left button -> vengeance or right ramp: Starts with 1 Mio.
RIght button -> warp ramp: Starts with 1.5 Mio.
EACH skill shot can be done/tried once per ball PLUS each hit increases the value of EACH skill shot, so you can score with the first ball:
500k + 1.100k + 2.100k = 3.700k

That makes sense, I just thought that there was a left and right soft plunge.? I guess that makes sense that the soft plunge is the same, I was under the impression that each flipper had it's own soft plunge skill shot value. Then the left orbit and the right orbit bounce back skill shot.

#2056 9 years ago

as im doing a mission, for ex PD, all the light to shoot are blue, after i shoot a few of them, sometimes one will turn a different color, yellow i think. what does this mean?

#2057 9 years ago
Quoted from Kahanaohana:

as im doing a mission, for ex PD, all the light to shoot are blue, after i shoot a few of them, sometimes one will turn a different color, yellow i think. what does this mean?

Aloha
I believe that its a double point shot\ or shot multiplier. It's worth more points than the others i'm almost certain. Usually comes up as final shot, along with the home\away team.

#2058 9 years ago

Whats the chances of new update today???

#2059 9 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

Yeah, I can't wait. Love my Metallica, and ST is going to be a great alternative in style. I think it'll be a perfect compliment.

It certainly will be! I have ACDC, MET and ST. There are 2 things I recommend for ST Pro

- Playfield support rails. The pegs are absolutely awful.
- Aurich alternate translite (with speaker panel decal).

Rob

#2060 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

It certainly will be! I have ACDC, MET and ST. There are 2 things I recommend for ST Pro- Playfield support rails. The pegs are absolutely awful.
- Aurich alternate translite (with speaker panel decal)

Good to know, thanks!

#2062 9 years ago

this is my first newer pin, i dont see the usual batteries in back box, did they do away with that?

#2063 9 years ago
Quoted from Kahanaohana:

this is my first newer pin, i dont see the usual batteries in back box, did they do away with that?

It's a coin cell lithium battery on the CPU board. CR2430, I think.

#2064 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

It's a coin cell lithium battery on the CPU board. CR2430, I think.

ok thanks, is it the usual once a year change?

#2065 9 years ago
Quoted from Kahanaohana:

The reply in this topic explains it pretty well:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/round-lithium-battery-replacement

#2066 9 years ago
Quoted from Kahanaohana:

No need to change these batteries until they die. They could last many years.

#2067 9 years ago

what does it mean when it says "away team is lit" how did i get there?

#2068 9 years ago
Quoted from Kahanaohana:

Away Team is the blue light under the right upper flipper. It lights when you score enough shots during certain modes. You collect it and start an "Away Team" sub mission by shooting the ball under the right upper flipper.

#2069 9 years ago
Quoted from Kahanaohana:

In addition to holding up the right upper flipper and shooting behind it to return to the plunger...
You can also collect it by shooting into the left hole above the shield targets.
Either of these will allow you to collect your current mission and start a new one so you can progress through the game.

#2070 9 years ago
Quoted from Fresh_Wax:

Whats the chances of new update today???

Christmas Eve again--just like first update

#2071 9 years ago

ok thanks guys, this game is starting to make more sense. one more....when i finish 3 in a row, captains chair is flashing, what am i supposed to do? it doesnt seems to be timed, im just hitting the ball around.

#2072 9 years ago

Blue led flipper buttons fit perfectly with the look of STLE. Can't believe it took me this long.

DSC01290.JPGDSC01290.JPG DSC01292.JPGDSC01292.JPG
#2073 9 years ago
Quoted from Kahanaohana:

ok thanks guys, this game is starting to make more sense. one more....when i finish 3 in a row, captains chair is flashing, what am i supposed to do? it doesnt seems to be timed, im just hitting the ball around.

I think that just means you have completed "3 in a row" and you will be rewarded either: Super Ramps, Super Pops, or Super Spinner. Depending on which set of 3 you have completed.

#2074 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Blue led flipper buttons fit perfectly with the look of STLE. Can't believe it took me this long.

Love them on my pro. Which ones did you get? I got the BriteButtons from pinballlife.com. I had the problem where they would kind of stick, which seemed to be a common one. I discovered that for some reason, there is a little embossed number on the end of the post part of the button, that's part of the mold. It would catch on the lip of the outer post the button slides through. I took them apart and sanded down the number until it was flush and now they are smooth as silk. Almost ended up ditching them until I figured that out. So glad I didn't cause they look awesome!

#2075 9 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

Love them on my pro. Which ones did you get? I got the BriteButtons from pinballlife.com. I had the problem where they would kind of stick, which seemed to be a common one. I discovered that for some reason, there is a little embossed number on the end of the post part of the button, that's part of the mold. It would catch on the lip of the outer post the button slides through. I took them apart and sanded down the number until it was flush and now they are smooth as silk. Almost ended up ditching them until I figured that out. So glad I did cause they look awesome!

Yeah they are pinball life and yes I too notice that sticking. Thanks I'm going to try that method.

#2076 9 years ago

For reference. This little recessed area is where that number was located and I sanded down as smooth as possible.

button.pngbutton.png

#2077 9 years ago

I also removed the spring that they came with as I felt it wasn't needed and more like the originals.

#2078 9 years ago

I can see the numbers, I'll have to this on both my Sterns.

#2079 9 years ago

whats the best color led for the shield inserts on sttng? ive put green,blue, and white in and i cant decide what to go with.

Post edited by GoldenOreos

#2080 9 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

whats the best color led for the shield inserts on sttng? ive put green,blue, and white in and i cant decide what to go with.

Blue!

#2081 9 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

Cyan from Comet! Matches the insert color PERFECTLY! They have Cyan flashers too!

http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/1smdflex.htm

http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/8smdflexflash.htm

#2082 9 years ago

I tried the cyan...I personally think blue looks way better.

#2083 9 years ago

I have a great condition ST Pro Translite for sale in the marketplace. Ready to ship, PM me if you are interested, thanks!

#2084 9 years ago

I wanted to share a bit of video I just took of my new Warp Ramp Chase Lights mod from Mezelmods.com.

These were actually a replacement for one that died on me after a few days. Mezelmods were kind enough to send me this one when they got it in stock. I was told they were going to be red, when the previous ones were a light blue. It turned out to white instead. I think it looks great regardless. Just glad to have the mod back up and running.

Unfortunately, it looks like they are either out of stock on these, or maybe even discontinued. I hope not, cause it's an awesome mod.

#2085 9 years ago

guys, what are the 3 small black rubber pieces for, that came in the small envelope in the goodie bag? There were with the spare fuses. thanks

#2086 9 years ago
Quoted from Kahanaohana:

guys, what are the 3 small black rubber pieces for, that came in the small envelope in the goodie bag? There were with the spare fuses. thanks

They go at the end of the ramps. They are ball stops, or whatever they are technically called. You will see them at the end of both ramps.

(Credit goes to another pinsider when I asked the exact same question.)

#2087 9 years ago

almost ready to be put back in the cab!

IMG_20141205_184558_881.jpgIMG_20141205_184558_881.jpg
#2088 9 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

almost ready to be put back in the cab!

IMG_20141205_184558_881.jpg 205 KB

Oh is that nice.

#2089 9 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

They go at the end of the ramps. They are ball stops, or whatever they are technically called. You will see them at the end of both ramps.
(Credit goes to another pinsider when I asked the exact same question.)

Can someone please post a photo of them installed?

#2090 9 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Can someone please post a photo of them installed?

They come preinstalled from the factory. They just give you extras. Take a look at the very end of the ramps above the return lanes. If you don't see it, I will post a pic, but I may not be able to do so for a couple of days.

#2091 9 years ago

Thought I'd share an awesome game I had on STLE tonight and why I love the pin so much. Decided to changeup my strategy and take a swing at on one of the hardest missions to complete, prime directive. I completed all 3 tiers of it on my first ball, and lit the VUK 2X multiplier for the remainder of the game - great feeling. I then took down Klingon battle I with Klingon multiball which elevated to galactic ramps with Klingon multiball. I then moved to save the enterprise (to work on a double super pops/spinner 3 in a row combo). I started warp 9.1 double scoring and galactic warps + add time from black hole - whenever I hit this stack I can cash in some serious points! Unfortunately I couldn't get the warp ramp going and left empty handed this time. I proceeded to breeze through Nero I just missing a galactic matter / vengeance multiball stack.

Next up was destroy the drill I to get super pops/spinner going. I decided not to go for galactic spinner and focus on left orbit / warp combos to get warp 9.9 ready for the captains chair super modes + vengeance mb. I did good and got to warp 9.8 before final shot was lit - remember I completed all of prime directive and lit the left VUK 2X multiplier - and for those of you that don't know, the final shot on DTD is the VUK and scores serious good points if you did good in the mode. Well, I hit that final shot for a 13.5 mil shot - 21mil point final DTD I score. Next up was space jump I to light kobayashi. I hit a 3-way SJ combo right into the GAT shot, held the left flipper for a galactic vengeance super skill shot and nailed it. Then started kobayashi in which I got 9.9 double scoring and completed it! My DTD kobayashi shot alone tallied in around 20mil (kinda forgot - adrenalin rushing).

It was a high energy packed game filled with combos and risk/reward modes and shots. Got the two earn able EBs from the warp ramp and vengeance 2 - which btw I love the rush of vengeance 2 and playing for an EB. In the end , I fell just short of starting enterprise amok only needing space jump 2 to start it. But what a blast to get so many different stacks going in one game. Finished with 300mil and some change. #3 score on my machine, but felt like my best game - would have easily snapped GC if I only got amok going.

#2092 9 years ago

Grats for mastering prime directive, this is really a tough one. Your explanation is excetly the reason why I love this pin so much, it is the flow with shooting a hell of combos and the enourmes scoring increase during the missions by doing this.

#2093 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

take a swing at on one of the hardest missions to complete, prime directive. I completed all 3 tiers of it on my first ball

Wow, I am impressed! Sounds like a 30-40 minute game!

#2094 9 years ago

Great news, guys! My ST pro finally arrived last night and, of course, I played it non stop until the wee hours alternating with my MET Pro. (Had a few buddies there so we took turns on the new pin).

I have to say, it's exactly what I wanted - totally opposite from Metallica! I love MET, but wanted an easier game with longer ball times for those days when I don't feel like having my ass kicked. For some of my friends, MET was too difficult and the fast drains frustrated them. Star Trek is a huge hit with those players, so I couldn't be happier.

I'm very impressed with the flow! Totally silent ramps make for such a smooth game, very relaxing and fun. After playing STPro I can truly appreciate Steve Ritchie as the King of Flow.

Having both, I can definitely recommend if you only own a Star Trek and are looking for a 2nd pin, MET will be great. Here are some examples of my friends initial reactions, after playing Metallica for the past couple months and unboxing Star Trek:

Hardcore friend - (The pins are in his house, he holds all the top scores on MET around 240M points) Quote: "I love Metallica, but that game makes me ANG-RY!" Metallica is still his favourite, and he loves it for the shooting skill and overall pinball experience. It's new and oldschool at the same time. He prefers the sound and feel of the metal ramps and gadgets. He likes Star Trek for the flow and long ball times. Finds it easier and relaxing compared to MET. Good for a break.

Friend #2: Crappy player - Quote: "Ball save, Rescue, AHAHAHAHAAH!" MET beat him up bad. He loves the rescue save on the left ramp and increased ball times. He could complete modes on Star Trek easier. The game was too bright, he complained it was hard on the eyes. He really took to Star Trek and loved that he could have long games and understand the rules. Still took frequent breaks to go back to MET (I think to give his eyes a break, but he also likes electrocuting Sparky).

Friend #3: Hardcore friend's wife - Quote: "Somehow it always manages to go down the middle..." It went STDM a lot on her. Couldn't shake the machine to save the ball when Vengeance ship drops it down the middle. She doesn't seem to get too into the games when people are taking turns (she walks off to do other things between turns, comes back, dies fast, walks away again). Having the second pin, she liked being able to play alongside the group. Wasn't too concerned which pin she was playing, but since she got a sparky multiball on MET for the second time in her life it seemed like she really began to take a liking to that machine while we were all distracted by the new hotness. Adding the second machine gave her a chance to be part of the group without the boredom of waiting between her short ball times or the pressure of people watching her play (and waiting for her to drain). Her skills improved a lot with no pressure and back to back balls and games.

So yeah, happy to report that the STPro is a huge hit! Everybody was congratulating me on picking the most complimentary 2 games possible - couldn't be more different in gameplay but both kick ass. I will be recommending this 1-2 punch to anybody who will listen.

Can't wait for my Shadow and TFTC to arrive later this month

#2095 9 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

Great news, guys! My ST pro finally arrived last night and, of course, I played it non stop until the wee hours alternating with my MET Pro. (Had a few buddies there so we took turns on the new pin).
I have to say, it's exactly what I wanted - totally opposite from Metallica! I love MET, but wanted an easier game with longer ball times for those days when I don't feel like having my ass kicked. For some of my friends, MET was too difficult and the fast drains frustrated them. Star Trek is a huge hit with those players, so I couldn't be happier.
I'm very impressed with the flow! Totally silent ramps make for such a smooth game, very relaxing and fun. After playing STPro I can truly appreciate Steve Ritchie as the King of Flow.
Having both, I can definitely recommend if you only own a Star Trek and are looking for a 2nd pin, MET will be great. Here are some examples of my friends initial reactions, after playing Metallica for the past couple months and unboxing Star Trek:
Hardcore friend - (The pins are in his house, he holds all the top scores on MET around 240M points) Quote: "I love Metallica, but that game makes me ANG-RY!" Metallica is still his favourite, and he loves it for the shooting skill and overall pinball experience. It's new and oldschool at the same time. He prefers the sound and feel of the metal ramps and gadgets. He likes Star Trek for the flow and long ball times. Finds it easier and relaxing compared to MET. Good for a break.
Friend #2: Crappy player - Quote: "Ball save, Rescue, AHAHAHAHAAH!" MET beat him up bad. He loves the rescue save on the left ramp and increased ball times. He could complete modes on Star Trek easier. The game was too bright, he complained it was hard on the eyes. He really took to Star Trek and loved that he could have long games and understand the rules. Still took frequent breaks to go back to MET (I think to give his eyes a break, but he also likes electrocuting Sparky).
Friend #3: Hardcore friend's wife - Quote: "Somehow it always manages to go down the middle..." It went STDM a lot on her. Couldn't shake the machine to save the ball when Vengeance ship drops it down the middle. She doesn't seem to get too into the games when people are taking turns (she walks off to do other things between turns, comes back, dies fast, walks away again). Having the second pin, she liked being able to play alongside the group. Wasn't too concerned which pin she was playing, but since she got a sparky multiball on MET for the second time in her life it seemed like she really began to take a liking to that machine while we were all distracted by the new hotness. Adding the second machine gave her a chance to be part of the group without the boredom of waiting between her short ball times or the pressure of people watching her play (and waiting for her to drain). Her skills improved a lot with no pressure and back to back balls and games.
So yeah, happy to report that the STPro is a huge hit! Everybody was congratulating me on picking the most complimentary 2 games possible - couldn't be more different in gameplay but both kick ass. I will be recommending this 1-2 punch to anybody who will listen.
Can't wait for my Shadow and TFTC to arrive later this month

Very nice review. I've had both for about a year now and love both of them. When you get TFTC then you and I will have 3 of the same games.

#2096 9 years ago

I play just as long if not longer on MET as I do ST.....and I don't own a MET. My buddy has one (I helped him pull it out of the box) and I've been over there twice to play it. So I've maybe put 10 games total on it. My best is 350 million+. I also have a game over 250 million on it and several over 100 million (out of 10 total games).

On ST my best is 134 million +. Although that game was probably similar in time to my 350 game on MET. Both are great games.

#2097 9 years ago

im still learning these rules. when playing a mission on tier 2, for ex PD, they will all be blinking blue except one will be blinking yellow/blue, what does this shot mean?

#2098 9 years ago
Quoted from Kahanaohana:

im still learning these rules. when playing a mission on tier 2, for ex PD, they will all be blinking blue except one will be blinking yellow/blue, what does this shot mean?

In most cases it's simply worth more points, so even better if you can hit it with the combo light.
On Nero 3 there are normally two shots available at a time, but they rotate with the flippers buttons. If you overlap them, it becomes the blinking light and is worth two hits. But watch out, it may change as you flip to make the shot!

#2099 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I play just as long if not longer on MET as I do ST.....and I don't own a MET. My buddy has one (I helped him pull it out of the box) and I've been over there twice to play it. So I've maybe put 10 games total on it. My best is 350 million+. I also have a game over 250 million on it and several over 100 million (out of 10 total games).
On ST my best is 134 million +. Although that game was probably similar in time to my 350 game on MET. Both are great games.

Same, my Met games can last a very long time. STLE play time seems to be getting longer and longer and while fun it can become tedious. I eventually sold Met for that reason, I love ST so its not going anywhere but I'm loving TWDLE gameplay, my favorite style by far.

#2100 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Same, my Met games can last a very long time. STLE play time seems to be getting longer and longer and while fun it can become tedious. I eventually sold Met for that reason, I love ST so its not going anywhere but I'm loving TWDLE gameplay, my favorite style by far.

Yeah...that was the primary reason I sold LOTR....games got WAY too long. I need to get myself an IM!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gilbert, AZ
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
2,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
New Brighton, PA
$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 64.99
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 11.00
Playfield - Decals
RGP Models

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,796 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 216.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/42 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.