PXL_20240127_043801582.MP (resized).jpg
Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
There are 10,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 217.
#2001 9 years ago

When I bought my Pro it came with mirror blades and a few other mods. I love how the blades look because the reflect a lot of light from the playfield and make it feel a bit more expansive too. I've added so many more mods to it on my own, I've almost lost track.

I put some SuperBands flipper and post rubbers in almost as soon as I got it, and they definitely bounce the ball around a lot more. I also recently did a little cleanup of the playfield with some Novus (just the parts I could get to without removing the ramps, etc.) and put in some high gloss pinballs from PinballLife.com and now the game is almost TOO fast. The balls get a lot of spin going on them now too. I'm wondering if I overdid it with, either the cleaning, and/or the new pinballs. I love the look of the high gloss pinballs though as they just glow with all the reflection coming off them. But sometimes the things move so fast I can't even see them, haha!

#2003 9 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

When I bought my Pro it came with mirror blades and a few other mods. I love how the blades look because the reflect a lot of light from the playfield and make it feel a bit more expansive too. I've added so many more mods to it on my own, I've almost lost track.
I put some SuperBands flipper and post rubbers in almost as soon as I got it, and they definitely bounce the ball around a lot more. I also recently did a little cleanup of the playfield with some Novus (just the parts I could get to without removing the ramps, etc.) and put in some high gloss pinballs from PinballLife.com and now the game is almost TOO fast. The balls get a lot of spin going on them now too. I'm wondering if I overdid it with, either the cleaning, and/or the new pinballs. I love the look of the high gloss pinballs though as they just glow with all the reflection coming off them. But sometimes the things move so fast I can't even see them, haha!

I recently cleaned and waxed my playfield and same thing. It'll slow down again after 25-50 games or so. Those first few games, though, are crazy and scary.

#2004 9 years ago

All I know is someone needs to get Scotty on the horn cause these pinballs certainly can, and do change the laws of physics.

#2005 9 years ago

Had to put the washers behind the Vengeance drop target today.
Out of the blue it just stopped wanting to catch on the lip and stay up all the time.
Worked like a charm though.

#2006 9 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

All I know is someone needs to get Scotty on the horn cause these pinballs certainly can, and do change the laws of physics.

qt444SZ.gifqt444SZ.gif

#2007 9 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Had to put the washers behind the Vengeance drop target today.
Out of the blue it just stopped wanting to catch on the lip and stay up all the time.
Worked like a charm though.

I'm doing the same either today or tomorrow.

#2008 9 years ago

Just got my highest score on Star Trek Pro yet: 99,696,260. And while I'm happy that I beat my old scores, I'm feeling somewhat frustrated that I came this close to 100,000,000 and didn't get it. Khaaaaan!!!!!!

#2009 9 years ago

haha been there! 499 million on funhouse (in TPA) ... took HOURS.

#2010 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

haha been there! 499 million on Funhouse (in TPA) ... took HOURS.

Did you sell it after that? As soon as games can take an hour+ they are headed out the door for me. I like fast and furious and games that kick my ass. ST Pro is probably my longest playing pin right now and if I ever double my current playing time on it, it will probably end up on the trading block.

#2011 9 years ago

So far my highest score is 151 million. Most of my games don't come close to that though and average between 30-60 million. I broke 100m again a few days ago on a game, but it is a rare thing. Some days it just kicks my ass. So fun though.

Had some guests over last night and a friend of a friend who I had never met before was having himself a heck of a game. He plays at an arcade near his home, but doesn't own one, or any pins for that matter. Anyway, the way he was playing, I thought for sure he was going to destroy my high score. He ended up getting 90-something million and just shy of my lowest high score. At first I was kind of worried, but then I was kind of hoping he would beat it so I would have something to work for. On the flip side, my friend is still fuming that I still have the high score on his Tron.

#2012 9 years ago

My NIB STPRO is shipping today! Hoo-rah! Glad to be a part of the club!

#2013 9 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

My NIB STPRO is shipping today! Hoo-rah! Glad to be a part of the club!

Great feeling huh?
I know we could not wait for ours to get delivered.

#2014 9 years ago

Yeah, I can't wait. Love my Metallica, and ST is going to be a great alternative in style. I think it'll be a perfect compliment.

#2015 9 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

I broke 100m again a few days ago on a game, but it is a rare thing. Some days it just kicks my ass. So fun though.

I'm starting to think 100 million is my own personal sound barrier. I need Chuck Yeager to show me how it's done.

#2016 9 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

Yeah, I can't wait. Love my Metallica, and ST is going to be a great alternative in style. I think it'll be a perfect compliment.

I have both Pros and really enjoy them but I going broke modding them.

#2017 9 years ago

Regarding the Vengence Multiball sticking issue on the Sterns - what is the correct board to swap out underneath the playfield? Board 1 right? Thanks for your help.

Edit- Board 1 and I think it worked. So far, so good, but still keeping my fingers crossed.

#2018 9 years ago

Im in the club as of today.

#2019 9 years ago
Quoted from Kahanaohana:

Im in the club as of today.

Welcome aboard the USS Enterprise!

#2021 9 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Welcome aboard the USS Enterprise!

Captain James T Kirk commanding.

#2022 9 years ago

theres so much going on, sensory overload, i love it. What am i supposed to do when captains chair lights up? and whats the purpose of the fire button lighting up, and how did i get that? I have no strategy, im just slapping these balls around. thanks

#2023 9 years ago
Quoted from Kahanaohana:

theres so much going on, sensory overload, i love it. What am i supposed to do when captains chair lights up? and whats the purpose of the fire button lighting up, and how did i get that? I have no strategy, im just slapping these balls around. thanks

I am learning to and it does not seem like a rule sheet will be done by anyone until the code is complete. Congrats and enjoy your game!

#2024 9 years ago

The Fire button is lit by hitting the three orange insert standup targets on the right. Every push of the button will give you a free hit on the Vengeance ship. The yellow triangles in the center of the playfield tell you how many torpedo hits on the Vengeance you have left.

#2025 9 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

The Fire button is lit by hitting the three orange insert standup targets on the right. Every push of the button will give you a free hit on the Vengeance ship. The yellow triangles in the center of the playfield tell you how many torpedo hits on the Vengeance you have left.

thanks, that makes sense now.

-what does it mean when red circles light up in front red stand up targets?
-whats does the red "special" circle mean (next to away team)and how do you light it up?
- what does it mean when small enterprise ships below star trek insignias light up?

thanks for tips

#2026 9 years ago
Quoted from Kahanaohana:

-what does it mean when red circles light up in front red stand up targets?

Completing all of these lights the large standup target just to the right of Vengeance drop target. It gives you awards like Add a Ball during multiball or adding more time to your current mode of play.
I think they are called Black Hole awards.

#2027 9 years ago
Quoted from Kahanaohana:

-whats does the red "special" circle mean (next to away team)and how do you light it up?

Special on a location game will award a free game or credit to play again. It can also be set to add extra balls for home play in the settings menu. As to how you light it on Star Trek I am not sure.

#2028 9 years ago
Quoted from Kahanaohana:

- what does it mean when small enterprise ships below Star Trek insignias light up?

These have two functions that I know of.
The first is if you hold the left flipper up during your ball plunge it will allow the ball to travel all the way around the top of the playfield and go directly to the left flipper for a super skill shot. The game will light one of those Enterprise ship inserts and if you hit the shot fast enough you will score a 1 million point super skill shot.
The second function is to show you where your combo shots can be made from shot to shot.

#2029 9 years ago

ok thanks for the help Arcade, ill try those tips out.

#2030 9 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

These have two functions that I know of.
The first is if you hold the left flipper up during your ball plunge it will allow the ball to travel all the way around the top of the playfield and go directly to the left flipper for a super skill shot. The game will light one of those Enterprise ship inserts and if you hit the shot fast enough you will score a 1 million point super skill shot.
The second function is to show you where your combo shots can be made from shot to shot.

Another skill shot is available by pressing the right button: Then the ball bounces to the upper right flipper.

#2031 9 years ago

Also the left flipper skill shot is available in most instances when a ball is in the shooter lane mid-play. For example, if you start vengeance mb and it shoots out another ball, hold the left flipper down.

Congrats on your ST. I personally love the game]

#2032 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Also the left flipper skill shot is available in most instances when a ball is in the shooter lane mid-play. For example, if you start vengeance mb and it shoots out another ball, hold the left flipper down.
Congrats on your ST. I personally love the game]

Are you saying if I start a mode mid game from the away team shot, and I hold down the left flipper it will fire the ball all the way around the orbit like it does for the skill shot?
I have tried this countless times and it never works. It's always diverted into the pops.

Post edited by Pincrawler: edit for clarity

#2033 9 years ago

SKB do you know how to light the special on ST?

#2034 9 years ago
Quoted from Pincrawler:

Are you saying if I start a mode mid game from the away team shot, and I hold down the left flipper it will fire the ball all the way around the orbit like it does for the skill shot?
I have tried this countless times and it never works. It's always diverted into the pops.
Post edited by Pincrawler: edit for clarity

It doesn't seem to work during mission selects. I notice it works most on galactic away team shots, and the beginning of multiballs modes.

#2035 9 years ago
Quoted from Fresh_Wax:

SKB do you know how to light the special on ST?

No

My guess is either it's random from black hole (doubtful) or something to do with combos (more likely)

#2036 9 years ago

does anyone know all the awards from the black hole so far?

#2037 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

No
My guess is either it's random from black hole (doubtful) or something to do with combos (more likely)

Yeah, I've had my machine almost a year now. And I've only seen it lit up once. Had absolutely no idea how it happened either. As you know, things happen so fast on Star Trek, it's tough to figure out whats going on sometimes. I've read the rules and all the updates along the way, and I haven't noticed any mention of how the special is lit on this machine.

#2038 9 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

does anyone know all the awards from the black hole so far?

I have only noticed three. Add a ball, extra time, and 200,000 points

#2039 9 years ago

sometimes the T in the left outlane is flashing, and when i drain down it i get another ball. is this normal? and how am i achieving this? thanks

#2040 9 years ago

I think special might be a purely random occurrence. I noticed the default setting was 10%. I bummed mine up to 15% and have it set to award an extra ball. I've done it once.

#2041 9 years ago
Quoted from Kahanaohana:

sometimes the T in the left outlane is flashing, and when i drain down it i get another ball. is this normal? and how am i achieving this? thanks

That is the virtual kickback and is working properly.....not sure how you re-light it.

#2042 9 years ago
Quoted from Kahanaohana:

Yes. Should be activated by hitting the two Shields standups on the left. As you get more balls saves, the number of times you have to complete the two side targets increases, with a maximum of 3 (assuming it works the same as the LE).

#2043 9 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Yes. Should be activated by hitting the two Shields standups on the left. As you get more balls saves, the number of times you have to complete the two side targets increases, with a maximum of 3 (assuming it works the same as the LE).

aahh, that makes sense. wheres the directions for these damn games....if it wasnt for pinside, i would be lost forever not knowing what is going on.

#2044 9 years ago
Quoted from Kahanaohana:

aahh, that makes sense. wheres the directions for these damn games....if it wasnt for pinside, i would be lost forever not knowing what is going on.

I think it's all part of the fun. As all us married guys (should) know, keep the mystery alive in a relationship, or the romance goes away!

#2045 9 years ago

The virtual kickback is awesome and something I think was only added in 1.5? Maybe 1.4, not sure. Before that I think the shield targets did nothing on the Pro.

I also really love the right flipper button skill shot. I'm getting pretty good at it. All the skill shots are fun, and being able to do more than one is awesome too. For example, if you make the right button warp ramp skill shot and let the ball drain(assuming ball save is still active), then hold the left button to get the ball all the way around to the left flipper and then make either the Vengeance or right ramp shot(whichever one has the flashing enterprise insert lit), you can potentially start off a game with 2.25 million(I think that's what it is).

The more I play my ST, the more fun I'm having. There's been a lot said on the repetitive nature of some of the missions, but there really is quite a bit of variety and strategy in this pin. Even just making 4+ combo shots or multiple warp shots can be quite satisfying. I love the way it feels and the pacing of the game too. I actually prefer the plastic returns on the Pro. It just has a slick feel to it. Add in all the cool mods(physical and music), it's just a real winner in my book.

Looking forward to whatever is in the next(final?) software update.

#2046 9 years ago

I may be wrong, but I don't think you have to hold the right flipper up to make the warp ramp skill shot. I think you can just soft plunge it so it falls off the shooter lane lip and make the skill shot with the upper flipper.

#2047 9 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I may be wrong, but I don't think you have to hold the right flipper up to make the warp ramp skill shot. I think you can just soft plunge it so it falls off the shooter lane lip and make the skill shot with the upper flipper.

Ahhh, very true, but there is a 4th skill shot that the right flipper must be held for

worth 1.5 mil on first shot too!

#2048 9 years ago
Quoted from Fresh_Wax:

Ahhh, very true, but there is a 4th skill shot that the right flipper must be held for
worth 1.5 mil on first shot too!

Nice. Thanks.

#2049 9 years ago

So when you hold the right flipper down it lifts the right side gate coil up. Just like when you hold the left flipper, it holds the left coil gate up. You want to hold the right flipper up and plunge the ball hard enough that the ball passes back past all the bumpers and back down the right orbit to the warp flipper. The ball basically needs to pass over the roll over while holding the right flipper button down to activate. Then the warp ramp shot should be worth 1.5

#2050 9 years ago

I have had Special lit once in about 1000 games. I got it from a black hole award. Must be a rare, random award. I was thrilled. I'm betting there is another way to light it, but I don't know how.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gilbert, AZ
$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 64.99
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 217.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/41 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.