Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
DSCN3234 (resized).JPG
There are 10,797 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 216.
#1951 9 years ago

I have them in my STLE and they are amazing. Hard to make that game look any better but they certainly do. The Klingon ship mod from Pin Ref is also a must.

DSC01209.JPGDSC01209.JPG DSC01212.JPGDSC01212.JPG DSC01213.JPGDSC01213.JPG DSC01215.JPGDSC01215.JPG DSC01220.JPGDSC01220.JPG DSC01221.JPGDSC01221.JPG DSC01222.JPGDSC01222.JPG
#1952 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Here's a question on the new Star Trek game.
Is there an adjustment for the missions that require a shot count? For instance, on Prime Directive 3, all 7 shots must be hit in under 30 seconds. Sometimes that warp ramp is a bitch to hit. Every time I restart the mission, no progress has been saved. I looked everywhere in the settings, but maybe I just missed something.
This reminds me of Transformers. On the earlier code, Megatron & Optimus Prime wouldn't save their progress like all the other modes. Then with newer updates, they changed it to save their progress, but the completion bonus was lowered for a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. try.

Prime Directive has a timer setting that can be changed but it's for all 3 levels. Some modes have timers for each level independently. No way could I do PD3 in 30 seconds. Try 40 or more. No progress save either, it's tough.

#1953 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yup those are good mods. What REALLY makes it pop are mirror blades. I have um on mine and wow do they look great. A must have as far as I'm concerned.

Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yup those are good mods. What REALLY makes it pop are mirror blades. I have um on mine and wow do they look great. A must have as far as I'm concerned.

I have mirror blades on mine but gee they are a tight fit and I now have a few scratches from lifting PF.

#1954 9 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

I have mirror blades on mine but gee they are a tight fit and I now have a few scratches from lifting PF.

Really, that's to bad. My fit is no problem. Well no two games are alike.

#1955 9 years ago

I've had the asteroid decals for about a year now...

Robert

201581.jpg201581.jpg
#1956 9 years ago

yeah it is a tight fit. I've got one scratch from one of the wireforms, but as long as you always use two hands to lift the playfield (slowly) you should avoid any big gouges.

#1957 9 years ago

Looking for Recruits! I am currently attempting to re-master/theme the audio for ST:25th. I will have my PinSound board in a few weeks. Curious if anyone else is getting one and would like to give ST:25th a realistic audio face lift based on TV and film. I would like to incorporate the entire crew. The best part is Star Trek TOS has a huge library of sound FX, music, voice clips available online. The problem is choosing the right ones for the right modes. As well, mixing them. Don't get me wrong, I love Scotty but it would be great to hear more call outs from other crew members than just him. As well, granted I enjoy the music in the game I would like to hear more TOS theme music.

So far, I have ripped almost all the audio from the 201 roms and they are already in the pinsounds data structure. Wha tI love about the PinSound board is that you can toggle from the original or your remixes. As well, load multiple files for each mode and each time it is triggered it will randomly play one.

I will upload the Legacy/Structure and audio if anyone else is trying to do this. Let me know, and make it so!

#1958 9 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Looking for Recruits! I am currently attempting to re-master/theme the audio for ST:25th. I will have my PinSound board in a few weeks. Curious if anyone else is getting one and would like to give ST:25th a realistic audio face lift based on TV and film. I would like to incorporate the entire crew. The best part is Star Trek TOS has a huge library of sound FX, music, voice clips available online. The problem is choosing the right ones for the right modes. As well, mixing them. Don't get me wrong, I love Scotty but it would be great to hear more call outs from other crew members than just him. As well, granted I enjoy the music in the game I would like to hear more TOS theme music.
So far, I have ripped almost all the audio from the 201 roms and they are already in the pinsounds data structure. Wha tI love about the PinSound board is that you can toggle from the original or your remixes. As well, load multiple files for each mode and each time it is triggered it will randomly play one.
I will upload the Legacy/Structure and audio if anyone else is trying to do this. Let me know, and make it so!

WOW that's huge project. How many ROMs would have to be replaced. Dumb question I know.

#1959 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

WOW that's huge project. How many ROMs would have to be replaced. Dumb question I know.

Well so far, may have one big TOS fan that may be willing to help. But we can totally make this a club thing. Just need help finding clips and sounds online. We have aprox 166 files to edit/replace. That is Music, Voices and Sound FX.

I have already started to find material, mostly for the Sound FX.

Many resources online, so many that it is VERY hard for me to find everything.

http://www.trekcore.com/audio/
http://trekcore.com/tos/audio/audio.html
http://www.franksradio.net/startrek/sounds/
http://www.mediacollege.com/downloads/sound-effects/star-trek/tos/
http://www.soundboard.com/search.aspx?keyword=Star+Trek

RE-MASTERED THEME
www.trekmovie.com/tosrem/remastered_theme_season2.mp3

I can clean/edit/slice/cut/convert and manipulate all the audio for the board, as well we may have a fellow pinsider with more skills. But like I said, I need help finding the material. We have about 166 Music, SFX and voice files to either edit or replace. As well, we can have as many alternates that can be randomly chosen as we wish.

Later tonight I will upload the folder structure with the ripped audio from the DE roms. Not all the voices ripped properly but most of them did. Each folder is named based on the sound/song. So we can use the name to figure out what it is, as well the wav file in the directory for our reference.

If you are up for helping. You can take this folder structure, search the web or clips and download them into each correct directory. Then, I will also be adding and finding clips. Once we have a solid library of music/voices and fx in each directory I will edit/clean/cut and convert the files for the PinSound and people can choose the ones they want to keep when they plug it into the board.

As well, compile one MASTER edit of the best of the best.

166 files is not bad, many of them can stay. But with the community searching the web or ripping clips from the remastered blu-ray or amazon/youtube etc. We can make it so!

in 1 hour I will post a URL so you can download the Audio Directory Structure with the ripped wav files. If, we can get a few people to jump on board I can create a web based upload system so people can upload audio clips to each directory. This will be password protected and I will hand out passwords via PM when it is ready. That way we area ll working on the same sandbox and can listen and contribute to the collection. Later, we can figure out how to determine what ones are the best for the MASTER collection.

#1960 9 years ago

I'm in and started recording music down right from the OG series and films already, once Jean-Luc send me the folders it really won't take that long to replace what's there with better quality sound clips. Lets go.

#1961 9 years ago

Sounds great. Will have the Folder Structure as well the reference ripped audio from the rom's uploaded soon.

#1962 9 years ago

Loving this as I can use these clips in music recording as well. Here's some pics.

DSC01227.JPGDSC01227.JPG
DSC01228.JPGDSC01228.JPG
DSC01229.JPGDSC01229.JPG

#1963 9 years ago

I tried to upload a couple examples but it won't let me. Anyway back to work.

#1964 9 years ago

Have the files uploaded. http://jean-luc-picard.com/st25/

PM for password.

#1965 9 years ago

All - I've just published an Stern Star Trek Popcap update over in my thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/opinioninterest-check-stern-star-trek-popcaps/page/2#post-2051916
let the drooling commence.

#1966 9 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

All - I've just published an Stern Star Trek Popcap update over in my thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/opinioninterest-check-stern-star-trek-popcaps/page/2#post-2051916
let the drooling commence.

Looks amazing. If we buy a house next year. I may end up buying a ST:PRO so I can use these

#1967 9 years ago

felt like Christmas morning when DHL delivered them here at the house...
...I had to leave work early just so I could install them.

#1968 9 years ago

Thank you Spidey!

Quoted from spidey:

Yes, drill a hole. Then use either a screw or a clear cable tie.
Edit: Can't use a cable tie, the end is open. That was an option on a Tron ramp protector.

Axl

#1969 9 years ago

Regarding the Jean-Luc-Picard PinSound conversion.

If you use the Blu-ray or something else with 5.1 sound, the center channel is the one with the dialogue.
By using this single track you can usually get a cleaner audio without music/SFX.

That makes it so much easier to remove unwanted noise from it later.

God luck with the project, looking Fwd. to hear it in action!

#1970 9 years ago

I like the atmosphere noises behind the speech, its like in STLE love the call outs from the films but not that crazy about Keith's call outs, seem out of place and too clean.

#1971 9 years ago

In some cases a clean audio sample will be better. Because many sounds overlap in the game. For example the background music will be playing the same time as the callout as well mode sound FX.

#1972 9 years ago

Ofcourse, I don't want a noisy clip but like it natural. I think we will get a lot of people summiting clips in the coming weeks so this should be great.

#1973 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Ofcourse, I don't want a noisy clip but like it natural. I think we will get a lot of people summiting clips in the coming weeks so this should be great.

File Manager is now set up. http://jean-luc-picard.com/pinsound/ Anyone that is interested in contributing, finding clips, sounds and material that would fit ST:25th please PM me for the password. When you have access you will be able to download the ripped rom, listen and upload your own files and browse the 166 audio directory's used in the game. When/if you PM I will provide more information about the directories.

#1974 9 years ago

Joining for the second time.....ST Pro will be joining my STTNG!

#1975 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

With the Apollo alongside, your collection becomes more and more "from outer space"

#1976 9 years ago

New STTNG owner. LOVE THIS PIN. Such a great package all around. Nearly a 10 in my ratings.

I just discovered the "Thank You Mister Data" 10-Million Point Bonus. Any time Data criticizes your play with "If you had directed the ball in the proper trajectory you would have been rewarded" ... hit both flippers and Picard interrupts him and says (as if annoyed) "Thank You Mister Data", and you see "Thank You Mister Data, 10M" on the DMD. Awesome!

#1977 9 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

New STTNG owner. LOVE THIS PIN. Such a great package all around. Nearly a 10 in my ratings.
I just discovered the "Thank You Mister Data" 10-Million Point Bonus. Any time Data criticizes your play with "If you had directed the ball in the proper trajectory you would have been rewarded" ... hit both flippers and Picard interrupts him and says (as if annoyed) "Thank You Mister Data", and you see "Thank You Mister Data, 10M" on the DMD. Awesome!

Hope you don't see that often... normaly this is thrown at you when playing ....uhh, not so good

Congrats and enjoy this beast of a machine!

#1978 9 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

Hope you don't see that often... normaly this is thrown at you when playing ....uhh, not so good
Congrats and enjoy this beast of a machine!

It's a drain monster right now. Wide outlanes are certain getting a LOT of traffic. I need a good recovery tactic when the ball is bouncing on the top of the slings ... it's like a death sentence in slow-mo.

I've been working to get the shots down consistently. Naturally the Picard Maneuver is high on my list of skill goals.

#1979 9 years ago

This is a real nudge pin, if the ball goes that way give it a sturdy nudge to bounce the ball of the sling towards the targets, arcing back onto the playfield.
It needs some practicing.

And remember extended lane-guides will not eleminate all drains but gives you more chance

#1980 9 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

This is a real nudge pin, if the ball goes that way give it a sturdy nudge to bounce the ball of the sling towards the targets, arcing back onto the playfield.
It needs some practicing.
And remember extended lane-guides will not eleminate all drains but gives you more chance

I have my STTNG so well leveled that it literally feels cemented to the floor. Real tough pin to nudge with authority, and I usually play pretty aggressive. Did I mention how heavy this thing is!!??

#1981 9 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

..... Did I mention how heavy this thing is!!??

Man do i know !!!
Mine is on my attic-gameroom, two flights of stairs (14 steps each). First flight two turns oefff

#1982 9 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

Man do i know !!!
Mine is on my attic-gameroom, two flights of stairs (14 steps each). First flight two turns oefff

yikes, sounds like you should put a game like IM in you attic, it would be a piece of cake.

I did own STTNG and now own STLE. I wish STLE had some of the attention to detail and callouts that were in STTNG. But I really love the color changing inserts on LE.

#1983 9 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

Man do i know !!!

I had to move a STTNG maybe a year ago for a fellow Pinsider friend who has a ridiculously difficult house to move pins around. We took the playfield out ... moved the cabinet separately. Much better.

#1984 9 years ago

BTW guys ... the votes are in ... my wife REALLY likes STTNG. She just played it tonight and gave it the big thumbs up, and she's not easy to please.

Success!!!

#1985 9 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

BTW guys ... the votes are in ... my wife REALLY likes STTNG. She just played it tonight and gave it the big thumbs up, and she's not easy to please.

Success!!!

She has good taste.

happy.gifhappy.gif

#1986 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

WP_20141122_19_52_41_Pro.jpgWP_20141122_19_52_41_Pro.jpg

The STTNG does have the color DMD installed....just happen to snap a pic that does not show that.

Really liking ST so far. Cool modes, great sound (I hooked up an external sub on this one). Still have a ton to learn. Only played about 2 hours total so far and my best is 97 million which was good for number 3 from the previous owners scores.

This one has custom painted trim in a sparkling blue that is a perfect match. It also came with the under cab lighting.

#1987 9 years ago

Wanna see a seminar in which Steve talkshow on ST code?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dpo-seminar-video-jjp-steve-dp-ts

#1988 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

The STTNG does have the color DMD installed....just happen to snap a pic that does not show that.

I won't lie, when I'm taking a pic of my machines and Scared Stiff is in there I wait for the title screen that's in two colors to come up.

#1989 9 years ago

Do you know the time in the video when this is addressed? Or, is this the one where he acknowledges that the code is broke and fixes are coming?

#1990 9 years ago

16:00 minute mark. Says code is broken and waiting for programmers to come off other projects

#1991 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

16:00 minute mark. Says code is broken and waiting for programmers to come off other projects

Thanks! Just saw it. For some reason, I thought the code update was supposed to come sooner than this makes it sound.

#1992 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I won't lie, when I'm taking a pic of my machines and Scared Stiff is in there I wait for the title screen that's in two colors to come up.

Still not a two color shot but combined with the other shot

DSC00175 (683x1024)-315.jpgDSC00175 (683x1024)-315.jpg
#1993 9 years ago

I had a chance to play an excellent modded STTNG this weekend. Wow, what a game! I've never really been a fan of the show so never really payed attention to it. Since I liked the new ST so much and this one looked awesome with leds and color dmd, I had to give it a try. Like the new ST, I was hooked right from the start and quickly learned how to play it. Loved the dual cannons and variety of targets. Loved the choices you get on ball launch and all the different modes. Not so happy about the blackhole like side drains. I still prefer the new ST, though. Hopefully, I can be a member of the club next year.

#1994 9 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I had a chance to play an excellent modded STTNG this weekend. Wow, what a game! I've never really been a fan of the show so never really payed attention to it. Since I liked the new ST so much and this one looked awesome with leds and color dmd, I had to give it a try. Like the new ST, I was hooked right from the start and quickly learned how to play it. Loved the dual cannons and variety of targets. Loved the choices you get on ball launch and all the different modes. Not so happy about the blackhole like side drains. I still prefer the new ST, though. Hopefully, I can be a member of the club next year.

You are right Sir!
Very good theme integration in the different modes, loaded pin with mechs and the real actors voices sure makes the "old" ST:TNG an excellent game!

#1995 9 years ago

restoring of my next gen is underway finally. this game is a beast

#1996 9 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

restoring of my next gen is underway finally. this game is a beast

See you in six months

#1997 9 years ago

Which size mini post Super-band do I need from Marco for the Warp ramp entrance post?
They have two that look the same. A 23/64 and a 27/64.
And it looks like Pinball life list them totally different as 3/8 and 7/16.

#1998 9 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Which size mini post Super-band do I need from Marco for the Warp ramp entrance post?
They have two that look the same. A 23/64 and a 27/64.
And it looks like Pinball life list them totally different as 3/8 and 7/16.

7/16 is the specified size. However, I ordered 3/8 by accident, and they work fine. Get ready for some bounce!

#1999 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

What does that mean? Do you think he's saying the game has some bugs that will be fixed or do you think he's saying that the code will be overhauled somewhat (like x-men or Metallica) to make it a superior game than it is currently?

#2000 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

code will be overhauled somewhat (like x-men or Metallica) to make it a superior game than it is currently?

Hoping for this part.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gilbert, AZ
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.00
Playfield - Decals
RGP Models

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,797 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 216.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.