Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
DSCN3234 (resized).JPG
DSCN3233 (resized).JPG

There are 10,772 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 216.
#1901 9 years ago
Quoted from KingNine:

Ours has the Vengence Multiball stick issue every once in a while. (It's only a month old)

Latest code installed?

#1902 9 years ago
Quoted from JonH123:

I thought about purchasing all the other ST pins too.

Ya know if you did I'd be seriously jealous.

#1903 9 years ago
Quoted from KingNine:

Ours has the Vengence Multiball stick issue every once in a while. (It's only a month old)

Have you tried new balls?

#1904 9 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Looks pretty! Let others and myself know how it lines up with IM.

Unfortunately between school/work/another work project I haven't had much time to play. I think I've put maybe 7-8 games on the ST. I don't know any of the rules and still running the code that came on it which is 1.4 if im not mistaken. I figured I would learn all the rules with the 1.4 code then upgrade to 1.5.

I sold a pretty sweet condition T3 to help fund this purchase and my wife really had a liking to Arnold and the whole "Shoot Here, and Here" call out when you start the game etc.. My wife is indifferent to pinball currently and I'd like her to enjoy it a bit more for obvious reasons. She is not a fan of IM and I think one of the reasons is because she can't connect to the theme. I don't even think she's seen any of the movies where she is familiar with Arnold. She is familiar with ST (isn't everyone?) and the few game's she had played she has said the game is so "smooth" which I think means it has good "flow." Its sought of funny that T3 is also a Steve Ritchie game, coincidence I think not. Ill have to get a more definitive review from her after she's plays it a bit more. So I think we have a winner here as its a great theme and great flowing game.

Once I put some more games on it and learn some of the rules ill be able to give better feedback. The ST Pro is a wonderful package though, and in my opinion the most feature packed Pro Stern is currently selling.

I forgot to mention I did add a picture of the Iron Man/ST next to each other in my office to my gameroom picture profile. I have two shakers coming from CoinTaker and I think this is a new offering from them where they are supposed to have 10% more "shake" then whats on the market now. I might be off on the some of those specifics but they should be delivered in a couple of weeks for my IM & ST. I also have a subwoofer that will sit between the pins I need to connect and also have a pair of mirror blades coming in.

I have room for 3 pins in my office and if I could pick anything today it would be Met Led Pro but I think im going to hold off to see what the next vault/new stern title is before i do anything.

#1905 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Unfortunately between school/work/another work project I haven't had much time to play. I think I've put maybe 7-8 games on the ST. I don't know any of the rules and still running the code that came on it which is 1.4 if im not mistaken. I figured I would learn all the rules with the 1.4 code then upgrade to 1.5.
I sold a pretty sweet condition T3 to help fund this purchase and my wife really had a liking to Arnold and the whole "Shoot Here, and Here" call out when you start the game etc.. My wife is indifferent to pinball currently and I'd like her to enjoy it a bit more for obvious reasons. She is not a fan of IM and I think one of the reasons is because she can't connect to the theme. I don't even think she's seen any of the movies where she is familiar with Arnold. She is familiar with ST (isn't everyone?) and the few game's she had played she has said the game is so "smooth" which I think means it has good "flow." Its sought of funny that T3 is also a Steve Ritchie game, coincidence I think not. Ill have to get a more definitive review from her after she's plays it a bit more. So I think we have a winner here as its a great theme and great flowing game.
Once I put some more games on it and learn some of the rules ill be able to give better feedback. The ST Pro is a wonderful package though, and in my opinion the most feature packed Pro Stern is currently selling.
I forgot to mention I did add a picture of the Iron Man/ST next to each other in my office to my gameroom picture profile. I have two shakers coming from CoinTaker and I think this is a new offering from them where they are supposed to have 10% more "shake" then whats on the market now. I might be off on the some of those specifics but they should be delivered in a couple of weeks for my IM & ST. I also have a subwoofer that will sit between the pins I need to connect and also have a pair of mirror blades coming in.
I have room for 3 pins in my office and if I could pick anything today it would be Met Led Pro but I think im going to hold off to see what the next vault/new stern title is before i do anything.

Funny, my wife likes IM, she can somehow get 15 million on it and beat me even though she does not play it that often. Your wife will come around.

I looked at other Sterns but ST had the most appealing theme for everyone and i love Steve Ritchie's pins. I have a wife and kids so MET or ACDC would not be in the cards. My 6 year old daughter likes
LOTR. Doh! Great game, but it is not for me. I will buy her a RCT, for her of course, not for myself.

Shaker in IM is a great feature. ST is great also. Go get all the work and school out of the way and go play some pinball this weekend. Enjoy!

#1906 9 years ago

Does anyone know how sales have been for Star Trek?

I met a Stern employee at the NY Car show back in April, he said they were flying off the shelf. He could've been blowing smoke for all I know, but just wondering if anyone knew how the sales were.

#1907 9 years ago

Funny, my wife likes IM, she can somehow get 15 million on it and beat me even though she does not play it that often. Your wife will come around.
I looked at other Sterns but ST had the most appealing theme for everyone and i love Steve Ritchie's pins. I have a wife and kids so MET or ACDC would not be in the cards. My 6 year old daughter likes
LOTR. Doh! Great game, but it is not for me. I will buy her a RCT, for her of course, not for myself.
Shaker in IM is a great feature. ST is great also. Go get all the work and school out of the way and go play some pinball this weekend. Enjoy!

I'm heading to a fund raising pinball tournament in Raleigh tomorrow evening, so ill definitely get some play in!

My wife's dream theme would be The Muppets and if Stern made that pin, I'd probably get the LE. It might not be my dream theme but it could be worse and its still Pinball!

When it comes to Met I'm a bit hesitant because of the art and overall general theme. The game has awesome gameplay and code but IM & ST are much "safer" pins and I think have more appeal to the population. The rest of the Sterns ACDC, Mustang, TWD, Met are a bit riskier IN MY OPINION because they are more specific to an audience. Some might say the same for ST but that theme has been around forever and has a huge worldwide appeal.

There is a nice condition XM Pro in my area, so i might jump on that.

#1908 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Does anyone know how sales have been for Star Trek?
I met a Stern employee at the NY Car show back in April, he said they were flying off the shelf. He could've been blowing smoke for all I know, but just wondering if anyone knew how the sales were.

I wrote down the Pinsider "owned" and "wish list" numbers back in April ish 2014 for the ST Pro model. Let's compare for fun!

April 2014 ST Pro - 130 own / 82 wish list
November 2014 - 191 own / 108 wish list

So 61 Pinsiders alone put it as own since April and 26 have added the game to their want list. The game came out a year ago, so I would say they are still selling briskly and demand seems to be climbing also.

#1909 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Latest code installed?

Yes

Quoted from MustangPaul:

Have you tried new balls?

No

The problem doesn't happen but about 10% of the time. A little shake might dislodge them or I just shoot it with the third ball and get my vengence hit and dislodge 'em. Arcade owns the machine with me. He might have switched the balls but I didn't. We were too busy putting in Aurich's new translight package to worry about balls lol.

#1910 9 years ago

How long do you guys think Stern is going to be selling ST? Pretty sure I want to get one but need to clear year end expenses first. I don't want to wait too long then find out they are no longer available new.

#1911 9 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

How long do you guys think Stern is going to be selling ST? Pretty sure I want to get one but need to clear year end expenses first. I don't want to wait too long then find out they are no longer available new.

If you just need to get through the end of the year, I would say you are more than safe. My guess is that they will sell through 2015 at the least.

#1912 9 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I think ST is a steady earning pin for Stern so I'd say through '15 also.

#1913 9 years ago

After nearly 12 months of playing this awesome game it's started to do the target up and down three times when hit I need to look for the washer fix yeah? I'm no repairer so I hope it's not to difficult lol
Are there any pics of the process around?

Cheers.

#1914 9 years ago

Joined the club with a ST Pro today. Drove 8 hours round trip, but met and bought from a super nice collector. Worth the trip.

#1915 9 years ago

Joined the club with a ST Pro today. Drove 8 hours round trip, but met and bought from a super nice collector. Worth the trip.

Congrats. Have any mods on it? Now there's 192 Pinsiders that own it.....I think.

#1916 9 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

After nearly 12 months of playing this awesome game it's started to do the target up and down three times when hit I need to look for the washer fix yeah? I'm no repairer so I hope it's not to difficult lol
Are there any pics of the process around?
Cheers.

Mine started doing this tonight as well. My ACDC TNT targets were doing this before too. With ACDC I just greased the targets lightly and there's been no further problem. I'll do the same with ST as opposed to adding the washer. The target is just sticking a little and as a result not seating properly.

Rob

#1917 9 years ago

Well I added washers and all good only issue now is the target sits a little bit above the pf when down any ideas guys please.

Maybe the washers are to thick?

#1918 9 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Well I added washers and all good only issue now is the target sits a little bit above the pf when down any ideas guys please.
Maybe the washers are to thick?

Hmm, the washers should only move the target back in space, not up. Maybe post a pic of what you did?

#1919 9 years ago

Anybody else ever had a Warp Ramp sequence skip. Today my son and I were playing a game and he hit 5 ramp shots in a row. Problem was the machine called out "Warp 4, Warp 5, Warp 6, Warp 8, Warp 9." We both kind of just looked at each other and asked "Did that just happen?"
The DMD and the audio both just skipped 7 completely.

#1920 9 years ago

Washers may be pushing it against pf? Here's pictures.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage-134.jpgimage-134.jpg

#1921 9 years ago

I used a slightly thinner washer on my AC/DC.
The thickness is probably the problem.

#1922 9 years ago

That does look a little thick to me too.

#1923 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That's what she said, sorry had to

#1924 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Quoted from vtec16:

That's what she said, sorry had to

image-662.jpgimage-662.jpg

#1925 9 years ago

I have this problem, the drop target will drop 3 times sometimes not always, or sometimes when I turn on the game and hit start it will auto launch the ball.

I was curious if these are related problems, also how do you test or fix the opto or drop target? Is there a DIY thread or video? Or a service page from Stern?

#1926 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yes your right it's to thick so went and bought a thinner one and the target now works great no repeat resets of target or no drops on game start. I did remove target from game alot easier.

Thanks to all for the help.

#1927 9 years ago

Here's an update to my ST ramp lights that I have been featuring over on their own thread. The left ramp now has the full length strip on it. I have had some more test strips made. You might see that there are a few bugs floating around, but they are getting ironed out continually.

Notice the scope of the interactivity available. During KMB, a pattern plays for the jackpots, but stops playing once the jackpots stop. I can put tons of levels into the code. The wizard modes can have their own lightshows etc. Anything is possible.

#1928 9 years ago

That looks amazing, TimeBandit!

#1929 9 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Here's an update to my ST ramp lights that I have been featuring over on their own thread. The left ramp now has the full length strip on it. I have had some more test strips made. You might see that there are a few bugs floating around, but they are getting ironed out continually.
Notice the scope of the interactivity available. During KMB, a pattern plays for the jackpots, but stops playing once the jackpots stop. I can put tons of levels into the code. The wizard modes can have their own lightshows etc. Anything is possible.
» YouTube video

I love the look of your strips, the leds are so close together and because of that the light seems to "flow" down the ramps soooooo smoothly. But I would still like to see the leds make the turn at the bottom and end where the ball drops. Whatever you come up with for light patterns for the strips is fine with me. Can't wait to buy this.

#1930 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I have this problem, the drop target will drop 3 times sometimes not always, or sometimes when I turn on the game and hit start it will auto launch the ball.
I was curious if these are related problems, also how do you test or fix the opto or drop target? Is there a DIY thread or video? Or a service page from Stern?

That's the issue the washer fix we're discussing addresses.

#1931 9 years ago

Hi everybody,

I bought a Delta ramp protector from pinballheaven.co.uk, but i can`t see any way to get it to fit.
To get the upper screw to fit i have to make a new hole in the ramp.

http://www.pinballheaven.co.uk/shop/pinball-heaven/delta-ramp-protector

Any suggestions?

bilde 2.JPGbilde 2.JPG

bilde 1.JPGbilde 1.JPG

#1932 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That's the issue the washer fix we're discussing addresses.

Can you point out the washer fix link?

Is it this service bulletin?

http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/downloads/sb165.pdf

Is there a DIY post on how to do this for ST? I am not good with working things out, wanted to see if any directions had been posted for ST.

#1933 9 years ago

rai just scroll up a bit. See the washers added to the drop target? That's all you do, move the plastic just slightly away from the metal. Those washers were too thick in that pic, you just need little thin ones. Nothing else to it.

#1934 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

rai just scroll up a bit. See the washers added to the drop target? That's all you do, move the plastic just slightly away from the metal. Those washers were too thick in that pic, you just need little thin ones. Nothing else to it.

Thanks

#1935 9 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

» YouTube video

That is one of the coolest mods I've seen!

#1936 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Congrats. Have any mods on it? Now there's 192 Pinsiders that own it.....I think.

My new preowned ST Pro came with the Zodor Klingon ship mod, shaker and what else, Aurich's Traslite and decal set package.
It may be the best looking pinball I have ever seen. I am going to put ST in my living room and put gifts under it during Christmas. Seriously!

#1937 9 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Hi everybody,
I bought a Delta ramp protector from pinballheaven.co.uk, but i can`t see any way to get it to fit.
To get the upper screw to fit i have to make a new hole in the ramp.
http://www.pinballheaven.co.uk/shop/pinball-heaven/delta-ramp-protector
Any suggestions?

bilde 2.JPG 222 KB

bilde 1.JPG 179 KB

Yes, drill a hole. Then use either a screw or a clear cable tie.
Edit: Can't use a cable tie, the end is open. That was an option on a Tron ramp protector.

#1938 9 years ago

My new preowned ST Pro came with the Zodor Klingon ship mod, shaker and what else, Aurich's Traslite and decal set package.
It may be the best looking pinball I have ever seen. I am going to put ST in my living room and put gifts under it during Christmas. Seriously!

Yup those are good mods. What REALLY makes it pop are mirror blades. I have um on mine and wow do they look great. A must have as far as I'm concerned.

#1939 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yup those are good mods. What REALLY makes it pop are mirror blades. I have um on mine and wow do they look great. A must have as far as I'm concerned.

Mirror blades.

#1940 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I love mirrors and have them on a couple of pins. On ST Pro we installed the asteroid decals from pinball refinery and boy are they sharp! Really adds to the feeling of being in space.

#1941 9 years ago

But wait for a Black Friday sale, I got mine for I think 20%off. Can't remember from who though.

#1942 9 years ago
Quoted from KingNine:

I love mirrors and have them on a couple of pins. On ST Pro we installed the asteroid decals from pinball refinery and boy are they sharp! Really adds to the feeling of being in space.

Yup that's another one to check out pinny, see which you like better.

#1943 9 years ago
Quoted from KingNine:

Asteroid decals? Could you provide a picture or link?

#1944 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

About to put them on ST:TNG pretty sure its going to be a tight fit and the blades will get scratched but oh well. Also putting a set on ST:25th

#1945 9 years ago

Just go to www.pinballrefinery.com.

#1946 9 years ago

Here's a question on the new Star Trek game.

Is there an adjustment for the missions that require a shot count? For instance, on Prime Directive 3, all 7 shots must be hit in under 30 seconds. Sometimes that warp ramp is a bitch to hit. Every time I restart the mission, no progress has been saved. I looked everywhere in the settings, but maybe I just missed something.

This reminds me of Transformers. On the earlier code, Megatron & Optimus Prime wouldn't save their progress like all the other modes. Then with newer updates, they changed it to save their progress, but the completion bonus was lowered for a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. try.

#1947 9 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

About to put them on ST:TNG pretty sure its going to be a tight fit and the blades will get scratched but oh well.

Be careful.

#1949 9 years ago

Here are a couple of shots of them being installed.

IMG_1721.JPGIMG_1721.JPG IMG_1723.JPGIMG_1723.JPG
#1950 9 years ago

Maybe I can put some mylar over the danger zones on ST:TNG and ST:25th. Will see once I put them on. Just put blades on T2 & FT and about to on IJ, TSPP as well.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winter Garden, FL
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 199.95
Boards
PinSound
Boards
There are 10,772 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 216.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/39 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.