PXL_20240127_043801582.MP (resized).jpg
Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
There are 10,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 217.
#1801 9 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

well i finally got around to ordering new parts for my next gen. got to completely strip this thing and get started on the madness (damnit Wesley!!). got a couple cool ideas i haven't seen on here im going to try, so i will post up pics eventually when i get close to the rebuild.

Yeah post pictures please.

#1802 9 years ago

Having a ST PRO I am part of the lcub. But I did own also one time a modded STTNG. GReat pin but I enjoy ST PRO more. More action

However, STTNG is and was great and my first pin I learned how 'to mod'. Still have good memories

#1803 9 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Having a ST PRO I am part of the lcub. But I did own also one time a modded STTNG. GReat pin but I enjoy ST PRO more. More action
However, STTNG is and was great and my first pin I learned how 'to mod'. Still have good memories
» YouTube video

Nice to see ya here Rensh. Lots of mods for STPro. Have fun.

#1804 9 years ago

Brand new Star Trek just arrived today.
Here are a few shots of the arrival.
We had the game shipped to Colorado Canyon, our family entertainment center because the house is too far off the road for the truck.
Everything worked great right out of the box. No stuck balls in pops. Warp ramp is smooth and Vengeance lock is spot on. So far anyway.
It came with 1.4 software so we played 6 or 7 three player games with it before updating to the new 1.5.
Wow! Love the new start to Klingon Multiball.
Anything we need to set in the DMD menu to make the game better besides Free Play?
Already sad I had to shut it down for the night. lol.

IMG_1711.JPGIMG_1711.JPG
IMG_1712.JPGIMG_1712.JPG
IMG_1713.JPGIMG_1713.JPG
IMG_1715.JPGIMG_1715.JPG
IMG_1717.JPGIMG_1717.JPG

#1805 9 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Brand new Star Trek just arrived today.
Here are a few shots of the arrival.
We had the game shipped to Colorado Canyon, our family entertainment center because the house is too far off the road for the truck.
Everything worked great right out of the box. No stuck balls in pops. Warp ramp is smooth and Vengence lock is spot on. So far anyway.
It came with 1.4 software so we played 6 or 7 three player games with it before updating to the new 1.5.
Wow! Love the new start to Klingon Multiball.
Anything we need to set in the DMD menu to make the game better besides Free Play?
Already sad I had to shut it down for the night. lol.

IMG_1712.JPG 153 KB

IMG_1713.JPG 162 KB

IMG_1711.JPG 208 KB

IMG_1717.JPG 184 KB

IMG_1715.JPG 188 KB

Congrats... I turned down the slingshots to 18.

#1806 9 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Congrats... I turned down the slingshots to 18.

Thanks.
And oh yea. What are the inserts for with the Enterprise on them for that are under the insignias?

#1807 9 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

I also bought the first run of plastics. I guess we'll have to wait and see the difference. I didn't realize they were that different from the originals. I have done 7 swaps so far. They all have their quirks but ST should be a good one for your first attempt. My first was Xenon. I always run new bare supply wire(tinned copper) and new lamp sockets on all my swaps. I also tumble all the hardware in medium to fine walnut media. If you have a nice camera, 8 mp or better, take a bunch of pics, too many is not enough in my book, especially if you're away from the pf for an extended time, you will forget where things go. Also note all the screw placement, you don't want to run a screw through the top side of the pf. Take notes, be well organized and take your time. I use blue painter's tape on the old pf to make notations for placement of posts and other things that can easily get mixed up. Also pre-drill your holes before running in screws, this will help reduce the risk of slipping off or stripping out the head. For really tight screws going into hard wood, I scrape the threads on a soft bar of soap, an old carpenter's trick to ease the screw into the wood without binding.
ST has 2 star roll over inserts as you know. These will be coated with clear coat and will need to be cleaned out to make the stars move freely. This is a very delicate process and takes some small and sharp tools. The insert can brake easily or the clear coat can chip off the top surface and will need touch up so you need to be extra careful. I did 7 of them on Flash Gordon and it painstaking.

Well just sent payment for the combo so I am committed now. Guess I'll have to buy a long nose stapler now.
Shouldn't be too bad, I have a complete ST playfield with harness I bought some 10 years ago with a really bad playfield so I can keep my original playfield intact for now.

#1808 9 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Brand new Star Trek just arrived today

Congrats!!

Quoted from Arcade:Anything we need to set in the DMD menu to make the game better besides Free Play?

I know many will disagree, but I set mine to 5 balls. ...but still haven't hit Enterprise Amok.

Quoted from Arcade:

And oh yea. What are the inserts for with the Enterprise on them for that are under the insignias?

These indicate combo shots.

#1809 9 years ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

Well just sent payment for the combo so I am committed now. Guess I'll have to buy a long nose stapler now.
Shouldn't be too bad, I have a complete ST playfield with harness I bought some 10 years ago with a really bad playfield so I can keep my original playfield intact for now.

Yeah it's nice to have an extra pf to reference while doing a swap. I have 2 working pf's and will swap the one with the nicest harness. The long nose stapler is the way to go, Pinrestore sells one at a decent price. I have a ton of ST parts, LMK if you need anything.

#1810 9 years ago

My $30 IKEA mod for Star Trek -- color changing LED strips.

IMG_0810.JPGIMG_0810.JPGIMG_0809.JPGIMG_0809.JPGIMG_0808.JPGIMG_0808.JPGIMG_0807.JPGIMG_0807.JPG

I can't take all the credit. I believe another pinsider mentioned this in another post. Just happened to be in IKEA and saw them and thought, why not.

#1811 9 years ago

Does anyone have custom drop targets on their Bally ST? I saw them on a game at a show yesterday. I also saw them online somewhere but I can't remember where.
Thanks

#1812 9 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

Does anyone have custom drop targets on their Bally ST? I saw them on a game at a show yesterday.

I made custom drop targets (Klingon) many years ago on my Bally Star Trek restore. I then repeated that custom drop target here on my Star Trek: Mirror Universe.

I haven't seen any custom targets for sale.

#1813 9 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

My $30 IKEA mod for Star Trek -- color changing LED strips.

I can't take all the credit. I believe another pinsider mentioned this in another post. Just happened to be in IKEA and saw them and thought, why not.

IMG_0809.JPG 156 KB

IMG_0808.JPG 164 KB

IMG_0807.JPG 146 KB

IMG_0810.JPG 162 KB

this is what I did with 3 sets of them. If you sequence them just right they really look good and light up the steps for safety.

IMGA0693.JPGIMGA0693.JPG IMGA0694.JPGIMGA0694.JPG
#1814 9 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I made custom drop targets (Klingon) many years ago on my Bally Star Trek restore. I then repeated that custom drop target here on my Star Trek: Mirror Universe.
I haven't seen any custom targets for sale.

this is what they looked like, only in blue
http://www.cafepress.com/mf/45105132/star-trek-logo_sticke

#1816 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

this is what I did with 3 sets of them. If you sequence them just right they really look good and light up the steps for safety.

IMGA0693.JPG 108 KB

IMGA0694.JPG 106 KB

Now that's cool!

#1817 9 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Now that's cool!

Each set of 4 does a slow fading color change.

#1818 9 years ago

I think the alpha ramp entrance on ST is a bit too steep for a super fast shot. Many times I will shoot it from a completed orbit shot and the ball just has too much speed and one of 3 things happens:

- The ball launches off the ramp and goes airborne
- The ball bounces off the ramp cover and comes back down
- I make the shot, but only 1 out of 8 times

It seems like such a natural shot, but the ramp geometry isn't right for a really fast travelling ball. I think a cover that extends lower on the ramp would help quite a bit.

Rob

#1819 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Each set of 4 does a slow fading color change.

Did you get them from Ikea as well? Mine can be set for one color, abrupt color change, or slow fade. Pretty reasonably priced considering . . . . I also have it set to slow fade.

#1820 9 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Did you get them from Ikea as well? Mine can be set for one color, abrupt color change, or slow fade. Pretty reasonably priced considering . . . . I also have it set to slow fade.

Yup Ikea, mine do all that too. Another Pinsider had them on his steps too, that's where I got the idea.

#1821 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I think the alpha ramp entrance on ST is a bit too steep for a super fast shot. Many times I will shoot it from a completed orbit shot and the ball just has too much speed and one of 3 things happens:
- The ball launches off the ramp and goes airborne
- The ball bounces off the ramp cover and comes back down
- I make the shot, but only 1 out of 8 times
It seems like such a natural shot, but the ramp geometry isn't right for a really fast travelling ball. I think a cover that extends lower on the ramp would help quite a bit.
Rob

I agree. In fact all three ramps could use a plastic and man is STLE fast, people seem to think IM is the fastest pin but for me it ST by a mile.

#1822 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

The rubber for the warp ramp, I ordered a bunch of them. I trimmed the back of the rubber and it has lasted a lot longer than the original untrimmed rubber.

Did this to a Super Band rubber over 2 weeks ago and it is still good to go. An easy and effective solution. Nice recommend.

#1823 9 years ago

Just one quick and simple question what activates the shaker motor in Star Trek pro ???

#1824 9 years ago

Pro doesn't have the shaker motor. I have no data if the PRO code actually attempts to use it.

#1825 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

Just one quick and simple question what activates the shaker motor in Star Trek pro ???

Lots of stuff activate the shaker. Its worth it alone for the effect at the start of Klingon Multiball.

#1826 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

You need to get and install one, but then every made shot and combo will activate it, as well as ball locks and other things. At least on the maximum setting.

#1827 9 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

You need to get and install one, but then every made shot and combo will activate it, as well as ball locks and other things. At least on the maximum setting.

I have a shaker motor that I was going to put in ij4 put I am selling it to fund Star Trek pro

1 week later
#1828 9 years ago

Joined the club! Picked up a STTNG project. I look forward to unwrapping it and getting started.

1 week later
#1829 9 years ago

Quick question, on the Stern ST they added Bones voice to the update from what I understand. I am wondering if there are any call outs from the movie on the pin, like my IM, or whether they are just Stern voice add ons? Thanks.
I am looking at a ST to go along with my IM.
Greg

#1830 9 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

I am wondering if there are any call outs from the movie on the pin

Yes. Lots.

#1831 9 years ago

The game is packed with lots of good diverse call outs. Tons! ST has bitchin audio all around IMO

#1832 9 years ago

I am looking at picking up a ST is a premium a must or is the pro good enough. My budget is closer to the pro...

Thanks
Lisa

#1833 9 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

I am looking at picking up a ST is a premium a must or is the pro good enough. My budget is closer to the pro...
Thanks
Lisa

Personally, I love the LE/premium package on this title, it just has such great candy that makes the entire experience much better. However, I think this pro model is the best in relation to game play next to the prem.

You would be more than fine going with the pro on this one IMO if you don't want the extra eye candy. The flow and action is slightly better on the prem too with the vuk and kickback; but you really can't go wrong with either. Fast, fun, flow and the ear candy is awesome!

#1834 9 years ago

You will only miss the VUK. The pro model never kicks the ball out of the left scoop the same way twice. The VUK delivers the ball perfectly to the left flipper every time.
Other then that the Pro is a beast of a machine and a great value compared to Sterns other pro models.

#1835 9 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

Thanks
Lisa

I honestly find the Pro disappointing after being used to my Premium. I'd never downgrade. But the gameplay is super similar, so from a pure "playing" perspective you're not losing much.

#1836 9 years ago

I guess I will wait until I have the funds for a premium..

#1837 9 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

You will only miss the VUK. The pro model never kicks the ball out of the left scoop the same way twice. The VUK delivers the ball perfectly to the left flipper every time.
Other then that the Pro is a beast of a machine and a great value compared to Sterns other pro models.

Please tell me on the premium/LE is the VUK meant to sometimes shoot the ball out the saucer back done the lane instead of up to the ramp?? I'm pretty sure mines done it once.

#1838 9 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Please tell me on the premium/LE is the VUK meant to sometimes shoot the ball out the saucer back done the lane instead of up to the ramp?? I'm pretty sure mines done it once.

Only up to the ramp as far as I can tell.

#1839 9 years ago

I just picked up a Star Trek PRO last week. I assume this thread covers all Star Trek games produced?
Is there a separate club thread for just the new Stern version? Tried searching, didn't really see anything specific...

#1840 9 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Mines done this once or twice in the year I've owned. Not sure what causes it but is super rare.

#1841 9 years ago

1) Wasn't there a thread of "tweaks" one should do when getting an ST (Pro specifically)?

2) Anyone have/seen/thought of putting a blue DMD in an ST Pro?

thanks

#1842 9 years ago
Quoted from Hudson:

I just picked up a Star Trek PRO last week. I assume this thread covers all Star Trek games produced?
Is there a separate club thread for just the new Stern version? Tried searching, didn't really see anything specific...

I don't believe there is a separate thread just for the newer Star Trek. Just lots of threads about different issues.

Quoted from ZenTron:

1) Wasn't there a thread of "tweaks" one should do when getting an ST (Pro specifically)?
2) Anyone have/seen/thought of putting a blue DMD in an ST Pro?
thanks

This may be what you are looking for:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-summary-of-fixes

#1843 9 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I don't believe there is a separate thread just for the newer Star Trek. Just lots of threads about different issues.

This may be what you are looking for:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-summary-of-fixes

thanks

#1844 9 years ago

Is it me or do some ST Pro's come with old fashioned orange DMD's and some come with red?

#1845 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Is it me or do some ST Pro's come with old fashioned orange DMD's and some come with red?

Not that I've seen.

#1846 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

I haven't noticed any orange ones yet.
Maybe someones photo had a bad exposure.

#1847 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

I think it's you.... they are all red

#1848 9 years ago

A couple of questions for you folks - is dimpling on the playfield of the Stern Pro models just "the way it is"? Are some Pro's better than others? My friends pin has over 100 dimples. He plays it a lot though.

Another - For the rules - Some games if you do not know all the rules you can just walk up and just "shoot for the ramps and shots that are lit up" and get the ideea of how to play and start multi ball. Is Stern ST one of those games? I can spend time and learn the rules, but can my wife, kids or other non pinheads step up and get a general idea of how to play?

Thanks in advance.

#1849 9 years ago

All games will get dimples when they get played. You don't notice them after awhile because it will even out from being dimpled everywhere.

#1850 9 years ago

Noobe TNG owner here well will be on saturday when delivery driver arrives with the goodies

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 10,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 217.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/37?hl=bazzy34 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.