PXL_20240127_043801582.MP (resized).jpg
Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
There are 10,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 217.
#1701 9 years ago

Stern ST customers were having issues with the Micro Display Mod being plugged into the aux plug on the right side of the cab by the coin door. I found out from ColorDMD that Stern had made some changes on just this title that was effecting this line.

I'm providing DK Pinball's power tap now for this title, which should solve the problem. Because the Stern power taps are a little more expensive than the WPC power taps, price for ST MDM's are now $124. I'm going to offer these power taps to be purchased separately for other Stern titles, as well.

#1702 9 years ago

Hi all. On my Star Trek Pro, I just got an alert that said "Trough Jam Switch" is malfunctioning. Does anyone know what that is? My game seems to play fine. In the switch test, however, there is an "X" on the screen showing the matrix where that switch is, indicating that it is malfunctioning. The game is registering all 4 balls in the trough. Very confused. . . .

#1703 9 years ago

Never mind, I figured it out . . . with the power of Google! The switch registers if a ball is stacked on top of the other in the trough. The switch must have glitched, and the pin just wanted me to test it. I tested it by blocking the opto light, and the alert cleared.

#1704 9 years ago

I got Sparkys MDM hooked up on my Pro. I put it on the right ramp just before the ball drop. Looks great there. I LOVE it. Thanks Sparky.

IMGA0243.JPGIMGA0243.JPG

IMGA0245.JPGIMGA0245.JPG IMGA0252.JPGIMGA0252.JPG
#1705 9 years ago

thanks for the pics paul, looks good there.

#1706 9 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

thanks for the pics paul, looks good there.

I think it's the perfect spot.

#1707 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I think it's the perfect spot.

You've found some great spots for all your MDM's! Thanks for posting them!

#1708 9 years ago

Stern Trekkers, I've got some warp ramp issues/questions.

What type of rubber are you using on the entrance to the warp ramp? I destroy that thing constantly. The stock rubber broke in about a week. I've had 3 different super band colored rings on there, they seem to last the longest but still only 1-2 months. And just this last weekend, I replaced a broken colored ring with a clear one and it broke over the weekend.

The ring is tight in there, as in being pinched at the back by the ramp. I'm thinking its putting extra stress on it which could be causing them to break. Pin gets played a lot, but not more than 1-2 hours a day generally.

Next, the metal flap on the entrance to my warp ramp is starting to warp. It sticks up a little and affects ball movement. Should I tape it down some how? Or adjust the ramp? I remember seeing a thread on adjusting the ramp, however, my warp ramp is still very makable, and gives a consistent feed to the flipper, hence I haven't been too eager to mess with it.

I'm guessing if I could adjust the ramp by moving it back away from the post a little it might solve both my issues, just not sure how feasible that was.

15140088877_90de940eb5_z.jpg15140088877_90de940eb5_z.jpg

Post edited by ectobar: added picture

#1709 9 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

What type of rubber are you using on the entrance to the warp ramp? I destroy that thing constantly. The stock rubber broke in about a week. I've had 3 different super band colored rings on there, they seem to last the longest but still only 1-2 months. And just this last weekend, I replaced a broken colored ring with a clear one and it broke over the weekend.
The ring is tight in there, as in being pinched at the back by the ramp. I'm thinking its putting extra stress on it which could be causing them to break. Pin gets played a lot, but not more than 1-2 hours a day generally.
Next, the metal flap on the entrance to my warp ramp is starting to warp. It sticks up a little and affects ball movement. Should I tape it down some how? Or adjust the ramp? I remember seeing a thread on adjusting the ramp, however, my warp ramp is still very makable, and gives a consistent feed to the flipper, hence I haven't been too eager to mess with it.
I'm guessing if I could adjust the ramp by moving it back away from the post a little it might solve both my issues, just not sure how feasible that was.

I have the superband minipost rubbers and they have been working great. It seems, from the comments that I've read, that they work for other pinsiders as well by the Warp ramp. I think your problem may be that they are getting pinched, like you said. I checked mine, and I have plenty of space, so I'm not sure why yours are pinched. However, they do come in two sizes. While 7/16" is specified, they also come in 3/8". I bought those by accident, and they work fine. That extra 1/16 of an inch might be just the space you need so that they are no longer pinched.

#1710 9 years ago

The pinching on the rubbers is what I suspected as well. I replaced all of them on the pin originally, and all are still going strong with this exception.

#1711 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

You've found some great spots for all your MDM's! Thanks for posting them!

For a great mod such as this how could I NOT post.

#1712 9 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

The pinching on the rubbers is what I suspected as well. I replaced all of them on the pin originally, and all are still going strong with this exception.

The white rubber in your picture looks larger than the blue one to the right. Are they the same size? It definitely shouldn't be pinched. They also look different, with the blue one having a flat bottom. The blue rubber looks correct. The white one does not.

#1713 9 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

The white rubber in your picture looks larger than the blue one to the right. Are they the same size? It definitely shouldn't be pinched. They also look different, with the blue one having a flat bottom. The blue rubber looks correct. The white one does not.

They are the same size to my knowledge. Didn't actually measure, but when I ordered them I got a variety of colored ones, and then another batch of clear ones. The one in the picture is 'clear'. Got them from pinball life, the clear ones are most certainly shaped different. Colored ones having a flat bottom, clear not. I think diameter is the same, just the clear one in the pic is split open so looks a little wider.

#1714 9 years ago

What are the shaker effects like with ST? I just ordered a shaker kit since I already have one on ACDC and MET. ACDC is great, but MET is a bit 'meh' with the shaker. Hopefully ST is better than MET is.

Rob

#1715 9 years ago

To my knowledge, they are all supposed to have flat bottoms. Perhaps they sent the wrong ones with your batch.

#1716 9 years ago

Shaker is pretty darn good in Star Trek. I love the effect the shaker gives at the start of Klingon Multiball. Probably worth it just for that!

#1717 9 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Post edited by ectobar: added picture

15140088877_90de940eb5_z.jpg 66 KB

I put a cliffy post there at the warp entrance. But be warned, it's a bitch! Threaded pf.

#1718 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

What are the shaker effects like with ST? I just ordered a shaker kit since I already have one on ACDC and MET. ACDC is great, but MET is a bit 'meh' with the shaker. Hopefully ST is better than MET is.
Rob

The shaker is great, especially with the flow of the game. I wasn't sure I needed it at first. Now that I have it, I can't imagine the game without it.

#1719 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I put a cliffy post there at the warp entrance. But be warned, it's a bitch!

Do you have some photos?

#1720 9 years ago

I just broke my first one the other day. It's the exact same one that broke on the OP's game. I plan on ordering a bunch of super band ones and swapping them all out on the game. So the correct size for all of them is 7/16"?

#1721 9 years ago

Had the same prob with the stock black ones. Put new whites on and OK so far. I think Stern was using some dried up old stock--they went to crumbles.

#1722 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I just broke my first one the other day. It's the exact same one that broke on the OP's game. I plan on ordering a bunch of super band ones and swapping them all out on the game. So the correct size for all of them is 7/16"?

Yes, but as I said, I accidentally ordered the 3/8" and they work fine.

#1723 9 years ago

For those that were interested in my Stern Star Trek custom caps ... please see:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/opinioninterest-check-stern-star-trek-popcaps
I'm taking Pinhead feedback on the design... and prepping quotes to have them CNCed out of 6061 Aluminum.

#1724 9 years ago

Color DMD for ST

http://www.youtube.com/embed/9H9TKsme-G0?autoplay=1&rel=0

I would like to have this color dmd, can someone tell me how to do it, greetings.,

#1725 9 years ago

My Vengeance drop target occasionally registers two hits when it should only register one. I remember seeing a post about this with a recommended fix, but I can't find it. Does anyone know? Thanks!

#1726 9 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

My Vengeance drop target occasionally registers two hits when it should only register one. I remember seeing a post about this with a recommended fix, but I can't find it. Does anyone know? Thanks!

What I haven't tried yet but is supposed to really help is add a couple thin washers to make the lip the target sets on slightly deeper.

#1727 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

What I haven't tried yet but is supposed to really help is add a couple thin washers to make the lip the target sets on slightly deeper.

I saw that fix somewhere, but I thought it was for a drop target that wasn't resetting. Mine doesn't go down (unless it is supposed to), it just sometimes registers two hits when it is only hit once. Do the washers still work for that? What's the theory? Thanks again.

#1728 9 years ago

The rubber for the warp ramp, I ordered a bunch of them. I trimmed the back of the rubber and it has lasted a lot longer than the original untrimmed rubber.

Different note, is stern sending a fix out for the emblem on the warp ramp? Note sure how they didn't perfect that before shipping. Lots of times, I don't even realize it is blinking.

STLE & STTNG here!

#1729 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

The rubber for the warp ramp, I ordered a bunch of them. I trimmed the back of the rubber and it has lasted a lot longer than the original untrimmed rubber.
Different note, is stern sending a fix out for the emblem on the warp ramp? Note sure how they didn't perfect that before shipping. Lots of times, I don't even realize it is blinking.
STLE & STTNG here!

Stern no. But TMezel did. Cheap mod with good results. Pics and how to make your own in here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/st-proprele-warp-ramp-insignia-lighting-mod-/page/2

#1730 9 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I saw that fix somewhere, but I thought it was for a drop target that wasn't resetting. Mine doesn't go down (unless it is supposed to), it just sometimes registers two hits when it is only hit once. Do the washers still work for that? What's the theory? Thanks again.

I've had the target fall twice, with a quick reset in between them. I really think that lip issue is the root of multiple problems.

#1731 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I've had the target fall twice, with a quick reset in between them. I really think that lip issue is the root of multiple problems.

I'll have to watch it more closely. I'm pretty sure the target isn't dropping. I think it just stays in place, but the coil hits the Vengeance twice as if it received two hits. The sound effect even registers twice. Maybe the target is dropping slightly, and I don't notice it. Too busy watching the ball shoot back down at me. I'll try playing with it with the glass off.

#1732 9 years ago

This afternoon, I replaced all the black mini post rubbers on my STLE with clear super band versions.

Holy crap does the game play fast now. I love it!

#1733 9 years ago
Quoted from oscarspa:

Color DMD for ST
http://www.youtube.com/embed/9H9TKsme-G0?autoplay=1&rel=0
I would like to have this color dmd, can someone tell me how to do it, greetings.,

Very cool, colors look off for that part but it's a good start. It might be a long wait but I am betting on the ColorDMD to be the way to go but you never know what someone might come up with. That's why I haven't pulled the trigger on a ColorDMD for my ST LE yet.

#1734 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

This afternoon, I replaced all the black mini post rubbers on my STLE with clear super band versions.
Holy crap does the game play fast now. I love it!

I noticed the same when I put my super bands on. The ball bounces all over the place! Definitely a bit different, but fun.

#1735 9 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I noticed the same when I put my super bands on. The ball bounces all over the place! Definitely a bit different, but fun.

What has it done for air balls?

#1736 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

It hasn't changed anything in that respect. The best cure for air balls is still slingshot power at 15-16 and a decent pitch to the game. I still get some air balls, but it is not because of the super bands.

#1737 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Quoted from Nokoro:

It hasn't changed anything in that respect. The best cure for air balls is still slingshot power at 15-16 and a decent pitch to the game. I still get some air balls, but it is not because of the super bands.

Agreed. I haven't noticed any increase or decrease in airballs since installing the super bands. They are just are just way bouncier than the black rubbers. The ball zings all over the place now. It definitely keeps you on your toes.

#1738 9 years ago

well im in the club finally.....but i got tons of work ahead of me to get this monster working (tng)

IMG_20140926_210210_312.jpgIMG_20140926_210210_312.jpg
10578866_10152416452961094_2121551748_n.jpg10578866_10152416452961094_2121551748_n.jpg

not to dirty right folks....lol

#1739 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Agreed. I haven't noticed any increase or decrease in airballs since installing the super bands. They are just are just way bouncier than the black rubbers. The ball zings all over the place now. It definitely keeps you on your toes.

I put cliffy posts at the warp entrance and it has reduced air balls very much. I'll post a pic later this week.

#1740 9 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

well im in the club finally.....but i got tons of work ahead of me to get this monster working (tng)

not to dirty right folks....lol

IMG_20140926_210210_312.jpg 162 KB

10578866_10152416452961094_21215... 76 KB

Oh my god. Would it be easier to just buy all the parts and build one from scratch?

#1741 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Oh my god. Would it be easier to just buy all the parts and build one from scratch?

You'd be surprised what can be hiding under dirt. A good cleaning can unearth some nice games.

#1742 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You'd be surprised what can be hiding under dirt. A good cleaning can unearth some nice games.

i'm sure you're right. but this thing appears to be missing most of the parts too. no slings, no cannons, no lanes, no plastics, no apron, no flippers ... and the pic only shows the lower half of the playfield. if the rest of the game is in similar shape, he is going to be purchasing most of this game from parts suppliers. playfield could be nice though, granted.

#1743 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

i'm sure you're right. but this thing appears to be missing most of the parts too. no slings, no cannons, no lanes, no plastics, no apron, no flippers ... and the pic only shows the lower half of the playfield.

Oh, I was assuming he'd already stripped those to begin cleaning and shopping.

#1744 9 years ago

ohhhhh. uh.

emily-litella1.jpgemily-litella1.jpg

#1745 9 years ago

yea i removed the apron and lanes etc already lol. everything works on it mostly. just need a coil for the start mission and left cannon. i plan on taking my time because this thing had been in some dusty ass storage for who knows how long.

#1746 9 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

yea i removed the apron and lanes etc already lol. everything works on it mostly. just need a coil for the start mission and left cannon. i plan on taking my time because this thing had been in some dusty ass storage for who knows how long.

Post progress pics! I bet you coax a good looking game out of that dirt.

#1747 9 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

The cabinet looks ok from the one pic provided, decals seem alright. You've definitely got some work to do cleaning that playfield but that will make the project all the more satisfying once it comes to life. Good luck with the restoration

#1748 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I also find the bounce prevents a lot of automatic drains down the outlanes. That's not a bad thing for me, since my skills are just average to begin with.

#1749 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I've now spotted what was happening in action, and it is exactly as you described. I want to try the washers, but it is not immediately obvious to me where they go. I've lifted the playfield. Do you need to take the drop target assembly out to do this? Does anyone have a picture? Thanks!

#1750 9 years ago

Anyone have advice on getting the chase lights working on ST 25th Ann. ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 64.99
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 217.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.