Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
DSCN3234 (resized).JPG
DSCN3233 (resized).JPG

There are 10,772 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 216.
#1501 9 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Set mine to 18 and noticed a difference from factory, albeit only a little. Still played fine, too.
Also, I realized a new thing my game does that drives me mad....If I'm going for Warp Ramps and hit it weird, the ball will go up JUST before breaking, come back down the ramp, and go directly down the right outlane. Like, the geometry is PERFECT where it will ride the outside of the ramp and flow like butter down the drain.

May be you could cheat and put one of those half, one way gates on it like BoP.

#1502 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

STTNG is notorious for doing the exact same thing.

risk vs reward. it's a well-designed shot.

#1503 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

it's a well-designed shot.

Indeed, and one of my favorites!

#1504 9 years ago

Mmmm new mirror blades
image.jpgimage.jpg

#1505 9 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Mmmm new mirror blades

image.jpg 295 KB

Nice, I've got them on my Pro and love them.

#1506 9 years ago

Does anyone know the part number for the flakey opto board? I'm having the flakey ball hold problem too

#1507 9 years ago

Booted the game up after breakfast, played my best game yet at 128m. Most of that was done on ball 3, too. A+

#1508 9 years ago

Here's a video of my ball flying off the left rail. It happens 3 times in the video. NOBODY else has this issue? And my game is set to somewhere between 7-7.5 degrees.

E: 2nd time, the ball doesn't jump off as much as it looses contact (you can see it happen). I've also had it jump off before the final bend at the bottom and launch into the outlane. That's a LOT of fun when I'm having a good ball.

#1509 9 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Here's a video of my ball flying off the left rail. It happens 3 times in the video. NOBODY else has this issue?

I've never had this happen even once since I've owned the game. Is your game level?

#1510 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I've never had this happen even once since I've owned the game. Is your game level?

Yup.

#1511 9 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Here's a video of my ball flying off the left rail. It happens 3 times in the video. NOBODY else has this issue? And my game is set to somewhere between 7-7.5 degrees.
E: 2nd time, the ball doesn't jump off as much as it looses contact (you can see it happen). I've also had it jump off before the final bend at the bottom and launch into the outlane. That's a LOT of fun when I'm having a good ball.
» YouTube video

I didn't watch your video, but, yes, I've had this happen before. It hasn't happened very often, however.

#1512 9 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Here's a video of my ball flying off the left rail. It happens 3 times in the video. NOBODY else has this issue?....
» YouTube video

yep it did happens a few time. not much you can do, crazy flying ball.

#1513 9 years ago

7.5 degrees is pretty steep FYI. Game is designed for 6.5.

#1514 9 years ago

I was told to make it more steep to help prevent the ball from jumping. I could always reduce the pitch to see if that helps...

#1515 9 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I was told to make it more steep to help prevent the ball from jumping. I could always reduce the pitch to see if that helps...

I personally prefer my games at the pitch they're designed for, it makes the game perform as the designer intended. I know some people like to crank up the pitch, and your game your thing, but you do get some funny results sometimes.

Personally at my 6.5° I've never had a ball jump, but that doesn't necessarily mean that's why.

#1516 9 years ago

At 6.5, I've seen it happen once. I pitched mine up to about 6.8-6.9 tonight and cleaned the pf and had a couple hops off the left ramp like yours. I didn't fiddle with it too much, but there is a rubber washer like thing under the ramp right at the bend where it jumps; my thought was to raise this a hair so the bend on the ramp would have more of a burm so to speak. I'll post back here if I get time to make this adjustment and/or fiddle with it.

#1517 9 years ago

What's the logic with making it steeper to make it less likely to jump off? Intuitively that would seem to make it go faster and more likely to jump off when it encounters a bend?

#1518 9 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

What's the logic with making it steeper to make it less likely to jump off? Intuitively that would seem to make it go faster and more likely to jump off when it encounters a bend?

Steeper means it would have (in theory) less momentum at the entrance to the ramp.

E: Going to bring my game to 6.5 tonight and see if that helps.

#1519 9 years ago

Ah.. Taking the momentum away from the actual shot, not the acceleration as it comes back down the return. Makes sense, although if it is steeper then it will accelerate more on the way back down too.

#1520 9 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Sorry for the probably obvious question, but can you use this superband minipost rubbers from Marco on the Star Trek Pro: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/39-2364-7
The outer dimensions are just slightly different and the site lists different Stern part numbers, but I assume the inner diameter is the same, and I recall Steve Ritchie saying you could get them from Marco. My factory rings are shredded after a month and falling off the posts. Thanks!

I never looked at part numbers but people said these were the ones: http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3305

I got the clear ones and they look and work great. Bit of a pain to get some of them on, though. You'll need an L-shaped screw driver so you can loosen the left ramp and some of the plastics on the left (Pro).

#1521 9 years ago

Just looked at my stock black ones and they are tore up from TPF'14 and other play.
I may have to order some of these miniposts... had anyone had them on their machine for long?
I'm curious how they hold up after 200-300 plays.

#1522 9 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Just looked at my stock black ones and they are tore up from TPF'14 and other play.
I may have to order some of these miniposts... had anyone had them on their machine for long?

Ive had them on for a little over 100 plays, they still look great! The stock black ones were tore up on mine after 20 or so plays it seemed.

#1523 9 years ago

Glad to finally be joining this club!

Okay, right to business!
I took a closer look on the card in the backbox and I saw this:

20140729_124505.jpg20140729_124505.jpg

Do I need to be worried?

#1524 9 years ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

Do I need to be worried?

Thats either been rather hot and started to melt the plug (more than likely a short) or it's had acid leakage on it!! Which ST machine is it??
I'm tipping the first option.

#1525 9 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Thats either been rather hot and started to melt the plug (more than likely a short) or it's had acid leakage on it!! Which ST machine is it??
I'm tipping the first option.

I see, it's STTNG.

#1526 9 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Got them on mine for a couple hundred plays as well. Game is super bouncy with them on but they look great and play good. Standard plays better though. More than welcome to give my game a roll if you want to see if you like them. Just PM me as I'm in Round Rock.

#1527 9 years ago

J207 on the CPU board is directly below the battery holder, but if it was leakage from the battery you would expect damage to the connector J206 as well. I still think it's heat from a short. Other people would be more familiar with what might be causing that. J207 is part of the switch matrix from memory so might be a dodgy switch that's shorting perhaps.

#1528 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Got them on mine for a couple hundred plays as well. Game is super bouncy with them on but they look great and play good. Standard plays better though.

I had the stock ones on for about 400 games then switched to the superband ones for about the last 200+. Some of the regular ones were getting pretty tattered. The superband ones still look brand new. I think they will more than make up for their higher cost; plus changing some of them out is a pain so just not having to deal with it now is a huge plus, too.

Honestly I didn't really notice any difference in play; felt the same.

#1529 9 years ago

Thanks for the feedback guys ... I just need to remember to order some superband mini posts when I do my next PBL order. Seems kinda silly to do 10x1.19 with 15 in shipping.

#1530 9 years ago
Quoted from Roo:

I never looked at part numbers but people said these were the ones: http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3305
I got the clear ones and they look and work great. Bit of a pain to get some of them on, though. You'll need an L-shaped screw driver so you can loosen the left ramp and some of the plastics on the left (Pro).

Crap. I think I ordered the wrong ones, as I didn't see the 7/16" ones being sold. I ordered these:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3358

which are 3/8", similar to the ones Marco carried. I'm guessing the 1/16" on the outer diameter won't matter. What do people think?

#1531 9 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Crap. I think I ordered the wrong ones, as I didn't see the 7/16" ones being sold. I ordered these:
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3358
which are 3/8", similar to the ones Marco carried. I'm guessing the 1/16" on the outer diameter won't matter. What do people think?

I think that they wouldn't have two sizes if it didn't matter. JMTCW

#1532 9 years ago

Well, I found this thread after I posted my question:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-super-bands-make-this

To directly quote:

"To directly answer your specific question, there are two mini rings that most vendors sell, the smaller 3/8" size and the larger 7/16" size. These are generally interchangeable as they fit over pointed metal posts. Using the larger size will give more bounce and can tighten a shot, or tighten an outlane, depending on the location of the post. I feel it's good to have both sizes on hand to match the OEM size and/or to make a slight mod to your preferred machine set up. "

So, it sounds like it they are interchangeable, may play slightly differently, and are a matter of personal preference. I'll give them a try when I get them and report back.

#1533 9 years ago

Just sent the file for a test print of my Star Trek (Stern) alt translite into my printer. Just wrapping up my plans for the decals and then I'm about ready to share the design and see what people think.

From what I hear I'm going to just beat the code, here's hoping that's true (not that I get mine out first, but that the code is that close!!).

#1534 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Just sent the file for a test print of my Star Trek (Stern) alt translite into my printer. Just wrapping up my plans for the decals and then I'm about ready to share the design and see what people think.
From what I hear I'm going to just beat the code, here's hoping that's true (not that I get mine out first, but that the code is that close!!).

OH MAN!!! I've been waiting for this Aurich, I GOTTA see this. I want the first set. Is the tl going to be optimized for an led light board?

#1535 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I cant wait to see what you came up with, and yes, I Pinside stalk you checking for the announcement daily! I hate the translite on my pro! Can I just send you my payment now...

image.jpgimage.jpg
#1536 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

OH MAN!!! I've been waiting for this Aurich, I GOTTA see this. I want the first set. Is the tl going to be optimized for an led light board?

I haven't shown it to anyone who makes LED light boards yet, so I don't know. If there's enough interest I'm sure someone will make one, and the design would work really well with a custom board. Several people did one for Helen, see if they're interested.

I'd actually consider buying one myself if that happens.

Quoted from Spitfiren8:

I cant wait to see what you came up with, and yes, I Pinside stalk you checking for the announcement daily! I hate the translite on my pro! Can I just send you my payment now...

lol. Let me at least show it first! I just want to make sure the test print works before I reveal the design, I hate showing things that aren't done yet. Sorry to tease, I just know that I'm behind on getting this done, so I wanted to let people know it's super close and I didn't abandon it.

I'm hoping to put the translite together with a full decal package, I'm working on those now. New replacement speaker panel decal, all the apron decals including the shooter, the coin door, everything. Should make the whole thing feel stock and all tied together, like it came that way, and the print quality will be a lot higher quality than Stern's low rez line screens.

Those will need to be test printed and test fitted, why I'm trying to wrap them up. Probably have them done tomorrow.

Thanks for the enthusiasm, it's helpful to see, I just need a little more patience to get it ready.

#1537 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm hoping to put the translite together with a full decal package, I'm working on those now. New replacement speaker panel decal, all the apron decals including the shooter, the coin door, everything. Should make the whole thing feel stock and all tied together, like it came that way, and the print quality will be a lot higher quality than Stern's low rez line screens.

This is gonna be Dope!

#1538 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm hoping to put the translite together with a full decal package, I'm working on those now. New replacement speaker panel decal, all the apron decals including the shooter, the coin door, everything. Should make the whole thing feel stock and all tied together, like it came that way, and the print quality will be a lot higher quality than Stern's low rez line screens....

Can't wait to see what you will come up with.

#1539 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Oh, HELL YEAH!!!

#1540 9 years ago

I just got the super bands 3/8" minipost rubbers. So far, I only replaced the ones around the Warp ramp, as the factory rubbers were shredded. I don't think I'll notice a significant difference between 3/8" and 7/16". In most instances, the size of the rubber on the posts don't look like they affect game play that much. However, I haven't replaced the rubbers on the outlane posts yet. I may notice a bit of a difference there. I ordered black, instead of clear, so I would be able to replace them piecemeal without having the game look weird. Even the black ones look so shiny and slick. I think they make the game look great.

In other news, a shout out to Stern's warranty department! The spotlight over my left slingshot was on the fritz -- loose wire. I contacted Stern through the website and within just over a week received a brand new spotlight and LED. Good service!

#1541 9 years ago

Spent 1 hour and a half 3D printing the following. Attaboy to the person who figures out what this is:
2014730174720.jpg2014730174720.jpg

#1542 9 years ago

Pop bumper caps.

#1543 9 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Spent 1 hour and a half 3D printing the following. Attaboy to the person who figures out what this is:

2014730174720.jpg 237 KB

pop caps.

#1544 9 years ago

2 Paul's from opposite sides of the planet within a minute. And both are????

#1545 9 years ago

The Pauls got it. AttaBoy!

Still have some work to do... but here they are test-fitted:
14791054675_7163143b0a[1].jpg14791054675_7163143b0a[1].jpg
14604541497_c77df6c058[1].jpg14604541497_c77df6c058[1].jpg

Next up; some laser cutting... and disassembly of the Vengeance so I can get to the PB under it.

#1546 9 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

The Pauls got it. AttaBoy!
Still have some work to do... but here they are test-fitted:

Next up; some laser cutting... and disassembly of the Vengeance so I can get to the PB under it.

14791054675_7163143b0a[1].jpg 34 KB

14604541497_c77df6c058[1].jpg 33 KB

Thanks Zitt, that was easy.

#1547 9 years ago

I just finished replacing all the minpost rubbers with the Super Band ones. (Thanks to Roo for some advice on how to tackle the ones around the Shield targets!) I don't think I notice a difference between the 3/8" and 7/16" ones, but the Super Band rubbers seem to have way more bounce in them then the ones that came from the factory. It has made an already fast game all that much faster. I'm enjoying it. And, I think it saves a ball or two from going down the outlane by bouncing it out. Anyone else notice a faster game with the Super Band minipost rubbers on?

#1548 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Are you making one for STTNG as well?

Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

#1549 9 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Are you making one for STTNG as well?

No, just the Stern one, with a proper JJPrise Enterprise digital painting. At least the eBay STTNG translites have the right Enterprise from the show, the crappy one someone did for the Stern game just ripped off some Star Trek Online game art that isn't even the right ship, it's terrible.

I can't stand it when those kinds of details are overlooked.

I think I finished the last of the decal designs last night, redid the coin door one, wasn't happy with my first version. I'll let them marinate over the weekend, see if I need to tweak anything, and try and send to the printer for some test print action on Monday. In the home stretch on this project, hopefully I can share it soon and see what people think.

I'm hearing good things about the new Stern Star Trek code, so hopefully everyone gets excited about the game again.

#1550 9 years ago

Can't wait for yours and the new code.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winter Garden, FL
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
Machine - For Sale
Spring Grove, IL
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 49.99
10,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 11.00
Playfield - Decals
RGP Models
Decals
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods
Plastics
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,772 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 216.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.