PXL_20240127_043801582.MP (resized).jpg
Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
There are 10,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 217.
#101 10 years ago

Lt. Kwikimart reporting for duty!!!!

So, what's our first voyage to?

#102 10 years ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

Star Trek Voyager cockpit as well as a NIB Star Trek Voyager Kit

Very cool!

#103 10 years ago

Would like to come aboard.
What is an outtake rom?

And, robknapp had a nice led pic in this thread: STTNG what is the best looking complete LED conversion kit?

#104 10 years ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

NIB Star Trek Voyager Kit

Ohhh My Jeri Ryan! Cant wait to see her in Vegas in August
Seven-of-NIne-star-trek-voyager-309889.pngSeven-of-NIne-star-trek-voyager-309889.png
I am soo hung over!!! And I just got back from an eye appointment. Talk about funny. First time they ever saw someone with their eyes already dilated Somehow I managed to get to the post office to pick up this bad boy After I clean it up and remove the sides it will be LED Wall Art

"Ewok" My cat photo-bombed this photo. He doesn't normally look this scary.
stpf.jpgstpf.jpg

#108 10 years ago
Quoted from joestro78:

Has anyone ever rolled their Bally Trek?

Close!

Post edited by smokey_789

sorry blondetall

#109 10 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Would like to come aboard.
What is an outtake rom?
And, robknapp had a nice led pic in this thread: STTNG what is the best looking complete LED conversion kit?

I just Ordered these. TNG has "8 chips" it is the ROM that they gave all the cast members. It has outtakes as well different voices for game play. But mainly, every time you hit the flippers in idle you get a different outtake audio.

#110 10 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Btw, I believe Cointaker is having a sale right now. Free non-Ghosting Super Bright LED kit (Upgrade)

#111 10 years ago

Whick LED socket type should I be getting when ordering LEDS for my STTNG? 44/47 or 555?

I dont really understand the difference right now...

Cheers!

#112 10 years ago
Quoted from chinosts:

Whick LED socket type should I be getting when ordering LEDS for my STTNG? 44/47 or 555?

I dont really understand the difference right now...

Cheers!

As I mentioned before. If this is your first time adding LED's you should consider getting the "Kit" from coin taker. Not only will you save money it will be less frustrating. You will have a range of Different lights. Push-N-Twist and Push. Just get the kit Which I think may still be on sale with Free upgrade to Non-Ghosting LED's when you buy the kit.

#113 10 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

As I mentioned before. If this is your first time adding LED's you should consider getting the "Kit" from coin taker. Not only will you save money it will be less frustrating. You will have a range of Different lights. Push-N-Twist and Push. Just get the kit Which I think may still be on sale with Free upgrade to Non-Ghosting LED's when you buy the kit.

Hey dude...

Yeah Im not really keen to get the kit and really just want to try a few different colors to start with...

e.g. I want to change the left and right outer lanes / ball drains to Purple / Blue. I would love to change the Kingon Bird of Prey lights to red and the borg ship lights to the brighest green lights I can get. Also, I want to change some of the under plastic lights on outer left and right to cool white frosted.

As you can see I want to be picky about what I change and do it in a slowly measured way rather than just buying a full kit for $200+.

It would of been great to have a definitive bulb type list before I jumped in and bought some...

Cheers again for all your help!

#114 10 years ago

I went with Cointakers Super 906 Greens for my borg ship along with the green acrylic windows from Pinbits. The result sounds like what your looking for.

20130427_125052_zps1c14dbb2.jpg20130427_125052_zps1c14dbb2.jpg 20130427_123545_zps99e42f5b.jpg20130427_123545_zps99e42f5b.jpg 20130427_125054_zpse78ac166.jpg20130427_125054_zpse78ac166.jpg

#115 10 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

I went with Cointakers Super 906 Greens for my borg ship along with the green acrylic windows from Pinbits. The result sounds like what your looking for.

Yep!!!! that is awesome... So are those Cointaker Super 906's 44 or 555 bulbs?

#116 10 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

On a closer look... it does seem like your Neutral Zone is getting a little smashed by the green.. How do you find it?

#117 10 years ago

Neither, they are 906 flashers =) For your GI/Inserts/Controlled lamps you will have a mix of 44/555 and for your flashers you will have 906/89. If you look in the manual there are diagrams with all the lamps/flashers and which is used for each. For specific colors you are going to have to actually look at and lift your playfield.

#118 10 years ago
Quoted from chinosts:

On a closer look... it does seem like your Neutral Zone is getting a little smashed by the green.. How do you find it?

Well the first pic is when borg multiball starts. There is no ball in play when it looks like that. I have no problems seeing the NZ otherwise.

#119 10 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

Well the first pic is when borg multiball starts. There is no ball in play when it looks like that. I have no problems seeing the NZ otherwise.

Nice... I had already decided I loved the result!!! Awesome work...

#120 10 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

Neither, they are 906 flashers =) For your GI/Inserts/Controlled lamps you will have a mix of 44/555 and for your flashers you will have 906/89. If you look in the manual there are diagrams with all the lamps/flashers and which is used for each. For specific colors you are going to have to actually look at and lift your playfield.

OK!!!! That is about the clearest answer I have recieved yet on how I need to go about to replace bulbs in my STTNG.. Look in the manual is a great idea (why didnt I think of that!) and from what I hear you saying is that there are definitively 3 different socket types for LEDs in STTNG?

#121 10 years ago

I want to fully LED my STTNG......RIGHT NOW!

Can someone give me a break down of exactly what colours to use where? Something they used and looks awesome. Inserts are easy, just match the colour. But GI is hard. Whenever I do GI I choose the wrong colours and can't see the playfield because there is not enough light.

Thanks in advance.

#122 10 years ago

4 different.

44: http://shop.cointaker.com/product.sc?productId=362&categoryId=60

555: http://shop.cointaker.com/product.sc?productId=371&categoryId=60

89: http://shop.cointaker.com/product.sc?productId=1503&categoryId=8

906: http://shop.cointaker.com/product.sc?productId=1514&categoryId=8

And then there are flex versions of all of them I believe. You will find that with a lot of the inserts the bulb will face to the side. With a regular led it will direct the light straight ahead, meaning to the side of the playfield and NOT up like you want it to. That's where you want a flex bulb like these:

http://shop.cointaker.com/product.sc?productId=1292&categoryId=166

Frosteds will give you a more diffused light. It's all preference. As I said, emailing them for their kit list is a good start. Then take that list, open up your game and figure out what you want.

#123 10 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

The STTNG I just bought came with a brand new set of plastics in a box (not installed). And it also came with blue Borg windows from pinbits (in bag, not installed). Does the blue look good too? Or should I throw them out and buy the green?

#124 10 years ago

Its all preference really. A lot of people use blue. Here is a pic I found of the blue.

DSCN0380-sm.JPGDSCN0380-sm.JPG

#125 10 years ago

Awesome, THANKS!!

The green looks better though.

#126 10 years ago

Ok so here are the areas that I want to do first.. Could someone tell me what bulb types (44, 555 or flashers) are required for each 'zone'.

Zone 1:left out lane
Zone 2: Right out lane
Zone 3: left under plastic
Zone 4: Middle shield indicators
Zone 5: right under plastics
Zone 6: Kingon Bird of prey
Zone 7: Pop bumpers and lane lights (not sure if this is the real name for them)
Zone 8: Romulan Warbird

Cheers!

led-placements.jpgled-placements.jpg

#127 10 years ago

Has anyone replaced the 3 shields in the center of the STTNG playfield? I have the new ones but never felt comfortable doing it. Any good tips?

#128 10 years ago

Delete

#129 10 years ago

I say, if you are going to Pimp it! Pimp it good

1. Target Decals
2. Chrome dipped Cannons. (May put the domes back on rather than the flat ones, not sure yet)
3. New Ships (People try to sell these for over $100, but you can find them on ebay for like 5-6 bucks each, they are just really nice/detailed Ornaments) Requires some modding/cutting skills. But pretty simple stuff.

* eek time to clean them posts, looking a bit dirty.
st1.jpgst1.jpg
st2.jpgst2.jpg
st3.jpgst3.jpg
* The Neutral Zone Hole looks funky because it still has the plastic on the metal lol
st4.jpgst4.jpg
st5.jpgst5.jpg

#130 10 years ago

The one I bought came with an enterprise ship that lights up but where they placed it it blocks the view of the Neutral Zone. Anyone know another place I can put it?

IMG_0548.JPGIMG_0548.JPG

IMG_0552.JPGIMG_0552.JPG

IMG_0554.JPGIMG_0554.JPG

#131 10 years ago

I see a lot of people putting it around this area. Few posts to attach it to. I ended up just keeping mine on my xmas tree. Got a bit busy.

BTW, I think you did a great job. You saved some money and ended up with a nice machine. Congrats

spot.jpgspot.jpg

#132 10 years ago

I see a lot of people putting it around this area. Few posts to attach it to. I ended up just keeping mine on my xmas tree. Got a bit busy.

If I put it there then it blocks either the lane or the ramp. Anywhere else to put it?

#133 10 years ago

If I put it there then it blocks either the lane or the ramp. Anywhere else to put it?

Yeah its a hard one. Pretty much anywhere you put it, it will block something. That's why I had to make the hard decision of keeping it plugged into my xmas tree and not my pin. If you feel you really need a NCC 1701-D Maybe this would be a better alternative? Just buy a model and hang it above the pin from the ceiling. lolololol

NCC.jpgNCC.jpg

#134 10 years ago

BTW guys... thanks for everyone's help with the LED questions.. I'm feeling silly because I finally bothered to look in the manual (after everyone told me to do so) and found the diagrams for each light type I was looking for...

Feeling like a noob.. Probably because I am one...

#135 10 years ago
Quoted from chinosts:

Feeling like a noob.. Probably because I am one...

I will always be a noob because I will always be learning. No question is a bad question. Everyone of us are happy to help if we can. The best part about this hobby are the people, because all we want is to have fun.

#136 10 years ago

Ohhh My Jeri Ryan! Cant wait to see her in Vegas in August

ngsimr-1.jpgngsimr-1.jpg Jeri-Ryan-07.jpgJeri-Ryan-07.jpg

#137 10 years ago

Here are the blub type numbers that I have. I fully converted my TNG to LED except for flashers which I replaced with fresh incandescents. I think the GI and Playfield numbers below may be off slightly but they are close. For GI I used all cool white Cointaker frosted. For the backbox I used mostly warm white Cointaker frosted except for behind the Enterprise and tractor beam area where I used cool white. For the playfield I used a variety of colors including orange, green, blue, red, warm white, and cool white.

Backbox: #555 x 36
Playfield: #44 x 21; #555 x 43
GI: #44 x 40

Flasher: #89 x 6; #906 x 19
Backbox: 8x #906
Borg ship: 6x #906
Romulan ship: 1x #906
Return to Duty: 1x #906
Shields: 3x #906
Left-Center GI area: 1x #89
Back GI area: 2x #89
Right-Center GI area: 1x #89
Millions: 1x #89
Red Globe: 1x #89

#138 10 years ago

The cool part is, she is still acting. She still looks hot as F**K.

#139 10 years ago

I may not be a member buy I just preordered the Bluray 3D, Bluray, reg dvd and digital copy of the new ST. on Amazon, $28 and change shipped and shipped Sep. 17th. which is the day of release. Could that be the day when Stern announces the new ST pin?

#140 10 years ago

No one has uploaded any videos of the COLOR DMD, as well the Speaker/sub. I bet all of us would love to see it. "Video?"

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-color-dmd-video

#141 10 years ago

Just dug out my Franklin Mint Pewter Enterprise and Klingon Battle Cruiser that I purchased back in 1989. Needed a topper for my Bally Star Trek and these are just perfect!

// Error: Image 117778 not found //

#142 10 years ago

Oh wow! Them look amazing! Soo much better than the 1701-D yours have more color/detail. As well you have the original stand. Are your stands metal or wood? Hard to tell from a distance. Thanks for sharing.

This is my Franklin Mint. The stand did not work out as well as I wanted. These things are soo dang heavy.

stnpw.jpgstnpw.jpg

#143 10 years ago

As well you have the original stand. Are your stands metal or wood?

Yes these are the original stands and they are made out of some sort of metal. I'll take a few better pictures tomorrow in the daylight. Yes have been a Trekkie for many many years. So glad I bought these 25 years ago and so glad I have the perfect place to display them now!

Thanks for starting this great thread!

#144 10 years ago

Yeah its a hard one. Pretty much anywhere you put it, it will block something. That's why I had to make the hard decision of keeping it plugged into my xmas tree and not my pin. If you feel you really need a NCC 1701-D Maybe this would be a better alternative? Just buy a model and hang it above the pin from the ceiling. lolololol

There have been a lot of different character busts made and I have checked out some for a topper. Those you have on your machine are a good size. You happen to have any links to where you found those?

#145 10 years ago

Just dug out my Franklin Mint Pewter Enterprise and Klingon Battle Cruiser that I purchased back in 1989. Needed a topper for my Bally Star Trek and these are just perfect!

Nice look. I had something similar on mine until I came up with this...

IMG_00000164.jpgIMG_00000164.jpg

I figured it was a nice simple topper. Didn't want anything too busy for this game.

#146 10 years ago
Quoted from Goonie:

Nice look. I had something similar on mine until I came up with this...

I figured it was a nice simple topper. Didn't want anything too busy for this game.

Goonie, Yes it was your thread on your topper that got me wanting a topper for my Bally "Star Trek". I referenced your thread in another thread I started here:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-star-trek-topper#post-1001096

#147 10 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

There have been a lot of different character busts made and I have checked out some for a topper. Those you have on your machine are a good size. You happen to have any links to where you found those?

Spock in the middle is a ceramic cookie jar. I taped the back lid tight so it's secure. The other 2 are from 1993 and they are rather rare (still have the boxes) If you keep an eye out you may find another on ebay.

Some Links that may interest you for toppers, as well found the ones that I have.

1. If I owned the Star trek 25th. I would buy this in a heart beat. ebay.com link: Star Trek TALOSIAN Maquette Bust Illusive Concepts Limited Edition w COA 1171

2. ebay.com link: Unique Vinyl Star Trek Ferengi Bank Thinkaway LOOK

3. ebay.com link: Classic Star Trek Mr Spock Bust Ceramic Cookie Jar 2011 NEW UNUSED

4. ebay.com link: NEW 1994 STAR TREK THE NEXT GENERATION BORG BANK

5. ebay.com link: Star Trek Classic TV Captain Kirk Bust Ceramic Cookie Jar 2011 NEW BOXED

6. ebay.com link: Classic Star Trek Doctor McCoy Bust Ceramic Cookie Jar 2013 NEW UNUSED

7.(This spock is 8 inches) ebay.com link: STAR TREK THE ORIGINAL SERIES SPOCK BUST BANK piggy coin DIAMOND SELECT PRE SALE

#148 10 years ago

As promised here are a few more pics of my Star Trek Toppers. I find it interesting that looking at these star ships from the bottom up rather than at eye level gives them a sense of power and grandeur. Very happy with my find!

Star_Trek_Topper_Enterprise.jpgStar_Trek_Topper_Enterprise.jpg Star_Trek_Topper_Klingon_Cruiser.jpgStar_Trek_Topper_Klingon_Cruiser.jpg Star_Trek_Toppers_2.jpgStar_Trek_Toppers_2.jpg

#149 10 years ago
Quoted from Jags:

As promised here are a few more pics of my Star Trek Toppers. I find it interesting that looking at these star ships from the bottom up rather than at eye level gives them a sense of power and grandeur. Very happy with my find!

They look amazing, epic find

#150 10 years ago

Anyone have the laser cannons? I am pondering getting them but I think they will take A LOT of the challenge away from the gameplay and make it too easy. Any opinions?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 24.95
$ 85.00
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 37.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.00
Playfield - Decals
RGP Models

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 15.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 217.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.