PXL_20240127_043801582.MP (resized).jpg
Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
There are 10,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 217.
#1351 9 years ago

I bought my shaker from my distributor when I bought the game. Shipped separately, but was easy to just make it all part of the order.

#1352 9 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Yes, you should check out this thread: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-stern-vengeance-mod-chashing-leds

Will look into this mod (followed the thread already) I like the blue interactive one.

Where did you buy the shaker motor? I've been waiting 6 weeks now for the one I ordered from Cointaker. They are out of stock (though I don't think it said that when I ordered it). Apparently they actually get them from Pinball Life.

I ordered the shaker motor at the same time as the pin, from the reseller here in The Netherlands. Both where shipped from the states directly from Stern.

Quoted from SunKing:

DO NOT SIGN FOR THE GAME if there appears to be ANY damage to the box. Open it and be sure. You may get some flack from the driver, but that is much better than signing for a damaged game. Once you sign, you are saying "I received the game in good condition". This releases the shipping company of any liability. DON'T do that until you are satisfied you received the game in good condition.

the reseller will bring the pin himself so no shipping company. I will make sure the box is good and check for damage.

#1353 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You forgot one, throw away the stock balls and get some good ones. Have fun with the game in it's stock form then start modding it. Take pictures of it on the truck BEFORE they take it off. If the box is damaged take pictures. The game will come strapped to a small pallet, make sure to check for that.

What pinballs are good ? never replaced stock ones to be honest.

#1354 9 years ago
Quoted from Roo:

Where did you buy the shaker motor? I've been waiting 6 weeks now for the one I ordered from Cointaker. They are out of stock (though I don't think it said that when I ordered it). Apparently they actually get them from Pinball Life.

Bought my shaker off amazon, less than $200 and arrived in a week.

#1355 9 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

What pinballs are good ? never replaced stock ones to be honest.

I prefer the Pinball Life Ultra Gloss:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1325

What's important is that they're carbon core, those are the kind that won't get magnetized and mess up the gameplay.

#1356 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I prefer the Pinball Life Ultra Gloss:
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1325
What's important is that they're carbon core, those are the kind that won't get magnetized and mess up the gameplay.

thanks for the link Aurich, found them at a shop here in The Netherlands
http://www.ministryofpinball.nl/nl/flipperkast-specifieke-onderdelen/stern/24/premium-ultra-gloss-pinball.html

will order also for my Williams Fire!, how many do I need for SS, 4 ?

#1357 9 years ago

I'd have to check to be certain, but yes, I believe Scared Stiff is 4 balls. Doesn't have magnets so any balls will work, but I use the PBL glossies in everything.

#1358 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'd have to check to be certain, but yes, I believe Scared Stiff is 4 balls. Doesn't have magnets so any balls will work, but I use the PBL glossies in everything.

sorry I ment Star Trek

#1359 9 years ago

4 balls in ST.

#1360 9 years ago

What are those little black rubber things in the goodie bag that comes with Star Trek Pro?

#1362 9 years ago

I *just* did the defuser mod using an xacto knife and some stencil material I had on hand.
Easy and well worth it. I didn't install the light blocker... not really sure I "need" it.

#1363 9 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I *just* did the defuser mod using an xacto knife and some stencil material I had on hand.
Easy and well worth it. I didn't install the light blocker... not really sure I "need" it.

Light blocker makes a difference, I A/B'd it with and without. I'd say my warp ramp insert is about 90% as bright and even now as the playfield ones on my Premium.

#1364 9 years ago

Decided to try and change my strategy up a bit and start trying to complete 4 missions and a corner to activate double bonuses. I haven't succeeded yet (always seem to lose my ball during that final mission), but it's so awesome how easy it is to make the game feel fresh by simply altering which missions you select. At least for me it is, haha.

Also managed to get to Warp 8 yesterday. That was SUPER awesome. Oh, and I lost my last ball on a good run because the ball jumped the wire again and went right down the left outlane. I need to mod my wires somehow because that's sort of bullshit.

#1365 9 years ago

Played a couple games last night, during one of which I set my new personal best consecutive warp ramp hits. Got to warp 9.5 after the first plunge! Started the game with 12mil, not too shabby. Of course I played like a donkey for the rest of the game and ended up around 95mil.

I need to just turn off my brain and I would be a pinball god. I think my previous best was warp 6 or 7 of the plunge. So around there I started to get excited. Then when I hit 9, the thought crept into my mind, what if get it all the way around past 9.9? My brain was all like, do that and your going to get so many internet high fives it'll be insane. Then my brain was like, it doesn't even matter cause your never gonna take down Eskaybee's ridiculous 380mil. At which point my brain just taunted me for the rest of the game. Stupid brain.

#1366 9 years ago

9.5 after the plunge? A+ man, that's nuts! Nice work!

Speaking of warp shots, does extra ball get lit every time you hit Warp 3 (or whatever you have it set to)?

#1367 9 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Speaking of warp shots, does extra ball get lit every time you hit Warp 3

It depends on your settings. I have mine set to auto adjust. When I started playing, it was giving out extra ball on warp three. Now that it's self-adjusted a few times, I don't get extra ball until warp 9.1.

#1368 9 years ago

I completely understand! I get my best scores when I am not paying attention to the score. As soon as I know I am closing in on a personal record of some kind, I am far more likely to mess up.

#1369 9 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

It depends on your settings. I have mine set to auto adjust. When I started playing, it was giving out extra ball on warp three. Now that it's self-adjusted a few times, I don't get extra ball until warp 9.1.

Ah - I'll check make sure mine is set to NOT auto-adjust. I want it to be manageable for friends who aren't big pinheads to obtain that extra ball. It's a really awesome feeling when you nail it.

#1370 9 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Played a couple games last night, during one of which I set my new personal best consecutive warp ramp hits. Got to warp 9.5 after the first plunge! Started the game with 12mil, not too shabby. Of course I played like a donkey for the rest of the game and ended up around 95mil.
I need to just turn off my brain and I would be a pinball god. I think my previous best was warp 6 or 7 of the plunge. So around there I started to get excited. Then when I hit 9, the thought crept into my mind, what if get it all the way around past 9.9? My brain was all like, do that and your going to get so many internet high fives it'll be insane. Then my brain was like, it doesn't even matter cause your never gonna take down Eskaybee's ridiculous 380mil. At which point my brain just taunted me for the rest of the game. Stupid brain.

Haha great post

...and here's an internet high five for ya!

#1371 9 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Ah - I'll check make sure mine is set to NOT auto-adjust. I want it to be manageable for friends who aren't big pinheads to obtain that extra ball.

I set mine to 5 warp ramps for this very reason. With auto-adjust turned on, no casual player would ever be able to get the extra ball. Even at 5, it's difficult for most people, but anything less than that is way too easy for me.

#1372 9 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

It only rewards the EB the first time through.

Mine is currently at 4. I haven't ever adjusted it, but it doesn't seem to move on me now. I more or less always get the EB, but the rest of the fam, not so much, which I guess is what's keeping it at 4.

#1373 9 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

I completely understand! I get my best scores when I am not paying attention to the score. As soon as I know I am closing in on a personal record of some kind, I am far more likely to mess up.

I should make some sort of mod, which is basically just a piece of cardboard that you put in front of the display so you can't see your score.

Give it a cool name, sell it for $5, and set the countdown til early retirement.

#1374 9 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

I should make some sort of mod, which is basically just a piece of cardboard that you put in front of the display so you can't see your score.
Give it a cool name, sell it for $5, and set the countdown til early retirement.

I'll take 10 of them.

#1375 9 years ago

Just a few pics of my sttng, has a "few" mods, probably my all time fav of which is the Borg character. Also added led star posts, blades, topper, lit price cards and had the shooter handle chromed. When i can find the time i aim to completely clean up the cabinet, bog up the holes, etc and re decal it and possibly have the rails and other chrome bits done by the same mob who did the shooter handle. Luckily the playfield is in very good condition. Will be changing the translite back to the original too (not that impressed with it), was worth a try though

DSC00607.JPGDSC00607.JPG DSC00604.JPGDSC00604.JPG DSC00605.JPGDSC00605.JPG DSC00606.JPGDSC00606.JPG
#1376 9 years ago

Moved the OCD board from Tron over to the ST Pro today. Oh man, unbelievable. Get it if you have a pro.

#1377 9 years ago

This looks quite normal but camera and LEDs are a difficult combo

What are you experiencing?

#1378 9 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Moved the OCD board from Tron over to the ST Pro today. Oh man, unbelievable. Get it if you have a pro.
» YouTube video

Can't tell anything, vid is too choppy.

#1379 9 years ago

Anyone knows if there is a video on how to install the full cliffy set for ST premium ?

#1380 9 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

Anyone knows if there is a video on how to install the full cliffy set for ST premium ?

I just used the pictures on the website to be honest. It was good enough for me. The hardest one for me was the huge piece under the Vengeance. I also skipped one or two because I didn't think they needed to be installed (the one under the spinner I know I skipped, and I can't remember the other).

Anyone twist their opto wires on a premium to stop the ball stuck issue on the magnet? Can you post a pic? I'm asking in the thread for it, too...But just in case. My ball gets stuck every game and it suuuuucks.

#1381 9 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I just used the pictures on the website to be honest. It was good enough for me. The hardest one for me was the huge piece under the Vengeance. I also skipped one or two because I didn't think they needed to be installed (the one under the spinner I know I skipped, and I can't remember the other).
Anyone twist their opto wires on a premium to stop the ball stuck issue on the magnet? Can you post a pic? I'm asking in the thread for it, too...But just in case. My ball gets stuck every game and it suuuuucks.

I have twisted my wires and have installed ferrite clips. Im using PBL super gloss balls which ive checked for magnetism and they still stick everytime at vengeance. IT BLOWS!!!

#1382 9 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

I have twisted my wires and have installed ferrite clips. Im using PBL super gloss balls which ive checked for magnetism and they still stick everytime at vengeance. IT BLOWS!!!

At least I'm not the only one....

#1383 9 years ago

How about a pic of what you have done?

#1384 9 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

How about a pic of what you have done?

Posted a pic/question in the thread dedicated to it. Hope it generates an answer/discussion! Not having that feature work is a REAL bummer.

#1385 9 years ago

Quick question guys my STLE has developed a buzzing sound coming out of the speakers? It doesn't happen all the time but if it does it'll disappear after a few minutes anyone else see this?

Cheers Peter.

#1386 9 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Quick question guys my STLE has developed a buzzing sound coming out of the speakers? It doesn't happen all the time but if it does it'll disappear after a few minutes anyone else see this?
Cheers Peter.

Never heard of your problem. I only have a Pro.

#1387 9 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I think you may be talking about the Pinbits plastic protectors? For the Cliffy protectors, I used his photos and directions to install them. For the scoop I was unable to remove the Allen screws, but I was still able to get that one on. I didn't install the magnet protector.

#1388 9 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Will be changing the translite back to the original too

Good idea.. I personally love the origonal translate. It just needs LED's to light it up correctly.

#1389 9 years ago
Quoted from wheels:

I think you may be talking about the Pinbits plastic protectors? For the Cliffy protectors, I used his photos and directions to install them. For the scoop I was unable to remove the Allen screws, but I was still able to get that one on. I didn't install the magnet protector.

Woops - yeah, I was talking Pinbits. Sorry, that was my bad!

#1390 9 years ago

At the Silverball Museum in Asbury Park last night. Gave the Picard Maneuver the business.

sttng_062814.pngsttng_062814.png
#1391 9 years ago

Hmmm. So, when you are over 50 there, you are in a category of your own?

#1392 9 years ago

Finally got my st premium today! I love it!!!!!

Few problems I have

1) installed the Led strips that come with the pinblades but the leds don't work... No lights
2) don't see the laser work...or is this connected to a special mission? ( can I test this in software ?)
3) one of the leds on the playfield don't change color correctly like the rest.. Cannot display the color red and when the rest is purple it turns blue. is this a single lamp problem or a led board problem ?

#1393 9 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

a led board problem ?

My guess is that one of the RGB LEDs is out (the red, obviously), in which case you need to replace that single board.

#1394 9 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

2) Don't see the laser work...or is this connected to a special mission? ( can I test this in software ?)

As far as I know, the only time the laser activates is during Kingon Multiball.

#1395 9 years ago

Laser only works with Klingon multi ball.
There is a test... Think its one of the coils or flashers

#1396 9 years ago

I have a question: Normally, when you beat the Vengeance during Vengeance multiball you get 5 million points. Today, I got 10 million points. Does anyone know why? Thanks!

#1397 9 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I have a question: Normally, when you beat the Vengeance during Vengeance multiball you get 5 million points. Today, I got 10 million points. Does anyone know why? Thanks!

Like most shots on ST this one can be doubled by shooting in a combo, a very good idea when finishing off the vengeance. The red arrow inserts light up when a shot will be considered a combo. For example if you shoot the left ramp, most of the red insert arrows on the right of the play field will light and those shot values will be doubled. So watch that vengeance life bar, and when it's almost destroyed, shoot one of the ramps first, and then straight into the vengeance shot for your ten mil.

#1398 9 years ago
Quoted from caker137:

Like most shots on ST this one can be doubled by shooting in a combo, a very good idea when finishing off the vengeance. The red arrow inserts light up when a shot will be considered a combo. For example if you shoot the left ramp, most of the red insert arrows on the right of the play field will light and those shot values will be doubled. So watch that vengeance life bar, and when it's almost destroyed, shoot one of the ramps first, and then straight into the vengeance shot for your ten mil.

Ah, thank you! I must have done that by accident. (Like most of my high scores . . . . )

#1399 9 years ago

Quoted from Zitt:

Laser only works with Klingon multi ball.
There is a test... Think its one of the coils or flashers

Thanks for the info, will check today.

My first NIB so forgive me for posting the usual pics. last picture I found interesting.
Oh and I'm in The Netherlands not Belgium :-/

image.jpgimage.jpg
image-681.jpgimage-681.jpg
image-462.jpgimage-462.jpg

#1400 9 years ago

congrats.jpgcongrats.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
New Brighton, PA
$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 63.95
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 11.00
Playfield - Decals
RGP Models

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 9.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
There are 10,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 217.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.