Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
DSCN3234 (resized).JPG
There are 10,797 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 216.
#1251 9 years ago

Yeah, I will see if I can borrow a digital level from the office. There's a great big spot in the middle of the playfield to place it and get an accurate reading, so I can probably get my friend or my wife to check it for me while I'm under there. It COULD just be the damn slide pads taking a second to sink in while running that Pinguy app, too.

Thanks for the tips overall. I'll report back after getting more games in tonight. I'm considering closing the right outlane to the tightest position to help with ball times. I want to get better at the shots before opening them back up. I completed 5 modes over lunch, so I'm STARTING to feel it out.

OH! Should I use all my missiles every time I get them, or is there some strategy to saving them? I feel like smashing the button every time I see 3 lights on the field...Hell, I haven't plunged the ball normally but two or three times! I love that launch button, haha.

#1252 9 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

OH! Should I use all my missiles every time I get them, or is there some strategy to saving them? I feel like smashing the button every time I see 3 lights on the field...Hell, I haven't plunged the ball normally but two or three times! I love that launch button, haha.

I personally save them. Starting Vengeance 1 isn't that big a deal, I get my hits in during single ball play, then I unload my missiles once started to drop the health so I can set up a combo for the final shot. Difference between 5 or 10 million making that combo.

#1253 9 years ago

Ensign Underlord. Permission to board?

#1254 9 years ago

Uhh, you have to ask Capt. Picard..............

#1255 9 years ago

I love how I can have what I perceive to be a strong game and only score 30m, yet have an "OK" game and score 50m. Silly pinball...

#1256 9 years ago
Quoted from smokey_789:

Uhh, you have to ask Capt. Picard..............

I asked Admiral Janeway. She said its cool.

image-869.jpgimage-869.jpg
#1257 9 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Oh, and does anyone else seem to notice the ball hanging in the pop bumpers all day? I can regularly take a sip of my tasty beer and not pay attention to the ball when it goes to chill in the pops, ha.

I love good pop bumper action and ST has it. I've gotten some really good ones from Mustang also. For me pops make the game.

#1258 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I love good pop bumper action and ST has it. I've gotten some really good ones from Mustang also. For me pops make the game.

Oh its fun! But I wasn't sure if it was normal, haha.

#1259 9 years ago

Love the pops on mine , they are awesome !

#1260 9 years ago

To get the best pop action the ball has to fall from the left or center in lane.

#1261 9 years ago

So I just noticed the Warp Ramp chase lights...How fantastic are those?! So many lights on this game goodness! <3

#1262 9 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

So I just noticed the Warp Ramp chase lights...How fantastic are those?! So many lights on this game goodness! <3

Did you get the pitch set?

#1263 9 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Did you get the pitch set?

No, I think they're standard on Premium? I don't know - there's some LED strips on the warp ramp that light when you hit it! My wife notices them before I did, and now I get excited to nail that shot, haha.

E: Or are you asking something else and I just missed it?

#1264 9 years ago

Warp ramp lights are standard on Premium, yes.

#1265 9 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Check out the LED pop caps in ST25th. I removed the LED strip from a set of clear. And installed them under my stock caps. The cap has tiny grooves, and this makes the light multiply towards the middle. I think it is amazing.
LEFT SIDE IS NORMAL LED ---- RIGHT SIDE IS STOCK CAP WITH LED RING UNDER IT

LEDCAP.jpg 191 KB

Where do you buy those LED rings? I see PBL sells the caps with the rings already installed, but I don't need new caps, I just want the LED rings alone.

#1266 9 years ago

I just did a STNG KBOP mod on my machine:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-bird-of-prey-mod#post-1714461

and was rewarded with some love by the game giving me all artifacts for Final Frontier... 3.8billion later; my game ended. Anyone else notice how the games seem to give you love when you take care of them in some way?!

#1267 9 years ago

Just ordered pinballbulbs Ultimate LED kit for my STTNG! Can't wait!!!!

#1268 9 years ago
Quoted from big_ragu:

Just ordered pinballbulbs Ultimate LED kit for my STTNG! Can't wait!!!!

That's gonna look sharp.

#1269 9 years ago

Changed my pitch today - definitely less airballs from general knocking around...However, I'm still getting a lot of balls jumping off the left wireform. Any way to help with this?

#1270 9 years ago

Yay! I'm finally a member of this club. I got an early Father's Day present when my Star Trek Pro arrived a week earlier than expected.

A lot of fun, though I have a lot to learn about how to play it!

ST_NIB.JPGST_NIB.JPG

#1271 9 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Yay! I'm finally a member of this club. I got an early Father's Day present when my Star Trek Pro arrived a week earlier than expected.

ST_NIB.JPG 134 KB

Welcome, another happy member. Any mods planned? Did ya get it NIB?

#1272 9 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Congrats...... This should help

#1273 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Welcome, another happy member. Any mods planned? Did ya get it NIB?

Yes, it was NIB. I have a shaker motor coming but so far no other mods. Considering my only pin before this one was a 1986 Bally Special Force, this one seems flashy enough by itself at the moment. Perhaps in a year or so I'll consider some mods.

(And thanks for the recommendation of removing the ceiling tiles in my basement -- if you remember. Made just enough space to fit the pin.)

#1274 9 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Yes, it was NIB. I have a shaker motor coming but so far no other mods. Considering my only pin before this one was a 1986 Bally Special Force, this one seems flashy enough by itself at the moment. Perhaps in a year or so I'll consider some mods.
(And thanks for the recommendation of removing the ceiling tiles in my basement -- if you remember. Made just enough space to fit the pin.)

I know what ya mean about being flashy enough for now but the mods for this game are really something. The shaker really adds a lot, good choice.

I remember that about your ceiling tiles, your very welcome. I suppose your wife thought you were crazy when you started taking them down. How many did ya up take down, 1, 2?

#1276 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I remember that about your ceiling tiles, your very welcome. I suppose your wife thought you were crazy when you started taking them down. How many did ya up take down, 1, 2?

Ha! Try about 30 or more. I had to take down a whole section. My wife wasn't entirely thrilled after I did that. But I got a nice hanging lamp from Ikea, and I ordered some fabric that I'm going to drape over the ceiling to hide the pipes. So, I think it will look pretty decent in the end. You got to make sacrifices sometimes!

#1277 9 years ago

Switched back to regular rubbers and think I like it more. Much more like what I'm used to and what I expect.

Also, Star Trek is getting a TON of love this weekend. Everyone LOVES this game - the LEDs are gorgeous and catch everyone's eye...On top of that, the way it plays is so transparent on most levels. That makes it so incredibly approachable to non-pinheads, which is awesome.

#1278 9 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Switched back to regular rubbers and think I like it more. Much more like what I'm used to and what I expect.
Also, Star Trek is getting a TON of love this weekend. Everyone LOVES this game - the LEDs are gorgeous and catch everyone's eye...On top of that, the way it plays is so transparent on most levels. That makes it so incredibly approachable to non-pinheads, which is awesome.

Sounds like you'll be cleaning it on a regular basis with all that play. I'm not even going to color match the inserts on mine, I love the way the inserts "sparkle" with the clear dome leds in it.

#1279 9 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Ha! Try about 30 or more. I had to take down a whole section. My wife wasn't entirely thrilled after I did that. But I got a nice hanging lamp from Ikea, and I ordered some fabric that I'm going to drape over the ceiling to hide the pipes. So, I think it will look pretty decent in the end. You got to make sacrifices sometimes!

Really, that many, sounds like your planning for the future. You thought about just painting all that flat black? I did that and there is no reflection on the pf glass from above the games at all. Just a thought.

#1280 9 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Not a big deal cleaning flipper rubbers every month or so.
Some eye candy to keep the thread going
photo-74.JPGphoto-74.JPG

#1281 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Really, that many, sounds like your planning for the future. You thought about just painting all that flat black? I did that and there is no reflection on the pf glass from above the games at all. Just a thought.

My basement was in sections with cross beams. It was easier to remove the whole section. It looks ok, but yeah, I think I need to put cloth up for the sake of my marriage.

#1282 9 years ago

I cannot hit Away Team for the life of me. So frustrating! I've also found that my current score ceiling is ~47m. Every few games, I'll have a good run and land in the 35-45m range after finishing 4-5 missions. I need to work on NOT flailing during multiball.

Also, I'm still mulling over a mod to put at the bends on the wireform to prevent the ball from jumping off. The ball just moves SO fast up that ramp and around those bends!

Oh, one more thing...

I twisted the opto wires to fix my Vengeance magnet, but it actually messed up again yesterday. Can someone send me a picture of their fix? I'm wondering if the problem is related to the fact that I bundled the two twisted wires with some other wires under the playfield. It's a real bummer when that happens.

E: 67m over lunch holy hell - such a rush! Once I zoned into what I was doing and was paying attention to shots, I was on a ROLL. Still only 5 modes deep...I should focus on hitting the torpedo targets more since I often times forget to aim for them at all.

#1283 9 years ago

I wont be able to get my Star Trek Premium like originally planned, so I have a few things for sale that I picked up along the way for the game:

1. Vengeance visor with flex head LED flasher (same one that was on ebay awhile back)
2. pinbits slingshot protectors with hexagon pattern over the inlanes
3. Insignia light diffuser by mezelmods
4. Flipper rubber 2 Blue and 1 Purple- from Titan pinball
5. Several apron custom cards

Only will sale together, not individual pieces
All for $45. pm me, and will get back to you.

#1284 9 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

...I have a few things for sale...

Darn, that would have been a good deal if I hadn't purchased most of that already.

#1285 9 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I cannot hit Away Team for the life of me. So frustrating! .

Ditto.

#1286 9 years ago

Just took possession of ST Pro Refinery #1! What a machine!

#1287 9 years ago
Quoted from vtec16:

post up pic's?

Also no one responded yet, the $45 does include the shipping to you

#1288 9 years ago

So I feel safe asking here...

What's up with people's beef with the code on ST? I understand that the shield targets do nothing on the Pro, but other than that, do people just feel like the modes are too repetitive and there's not a lot to do outside of them? I find that varying my approach to progression keeps every game fresh. I mean, there's only SO much to shoot at in a pinball machine, so the way the modes work makes it so I at least have to vary my shot progression and combos...

Also, my original request for someone's opto wire twist pic still stands (if you've had to do it). Had another instance of the balls sticking during Vengeance yesterday.

#1289 9 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Also, my original request for someone's opto wire twist pic still stands (if you've had to do it). Had another instance of the balls sticking during Vengeance yesterday.

I don't have a picture handy, but... after you twist the opto wires make sure that they are away from the magnet. I used a few small zip ties.

#1290 9 years ago
Quoted from dug:

I don't have a picture handy, but... after you twist the opto wires make sure that they are away from the magnet. I used a few small zip ties.

This may be my problem. I'll check it over lunch, thanks!

#1291 9 years ago

Enjoy a good game that will only get better with the next code update.

#1292 9 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

What's up with people's beef with the code on ST? I understand that the shield targets do nothing on the Pro, but other than that, do people just feel like the modes are too repetitive and there's not a lot to do outside of them? I find that varying my approach to progression keeps every game fresh. I mean, there's only SO much to shoot at in a pinball machine, so the way the modes work makes it so I at least have to vary my shot progression and combos...

There's a whole list of issues in the star trek = work thread. But some of the major ones are:

-Misson Start & Away Team shot (you should relate to this from your previous posts) - but its too much effort and work to make these shots 17 times (possible) everytime you complete a mission. Levels 1 & 2 should tie in more smoother so as not to force players to struggle so often and slow down the pace of the game.

-Warp ramp needs more better rewards

- Level 1 missions need a complete rework and not a bandaid fix which unfortunately is probably what it will get.

- away team needs some other rules associated to it

- apron lights need to be implemented

- klingon mb double and super jackpot scoring needs a major tweak

- vengeance scoring and battle need tweaking and ability to stack with missions if started.

- enterprise amok should be qualified from completing 2(or 3) entire missions

- Blackhole mb needs implementation and utilization of the laser show (personal favorite and hopeful thinking here)

#1293 9 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

What's up with people's beef with the code on ST?

Good question. I just got ST premium last week, and I've been really impressed with the code and rule set. I understand people's argument that the modes are too similar, but like you said, there's really only so many shots in pinball, so how do you distinguish between modes? So far, I think ST had done a pretty good job with this. Of course, the color changing LED's really help, plus the dots and sounds. Maybe when the Carl Urban pack is released people will warm up to ST more.

#1294 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

There's a whole list of issues in the Star Trek = work thread.

Good post. I haven't read this thread yet - headed there now.

#1295 9 years ago

Thanks for your post Eskaybee. That definitely helps a scrub tier player like myself understand some of the deeper potential that this game has!

#1296 9 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

post up pic's?
Also no one responded yet, the $45 does include the shipping to you

Twin refinery editions! I'm glad to be a member of the ST club! Fast! Fast! Fast!

image.jpgimage.jpg
#1297 9 years ago
Quoted from vtec16:

thedudeabides sold his STRE

#1298 9 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

You're still in the honeymoon phase, give it some time. The problem with the code is the level one missions. They all feel the same, if you play one after another it's like chopping wood, the level 2 and 3 missions are fine.

#1299 9 years ago
Quoted from vtec16:

Twin refinery editions! I'm glad to be a member of the ST club! Fast! Fast! Fast!

image.jpg 235 KB

Sweet. I have Refinery Met #8. What is yours?

#1300 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

thedudeabides sold his STRE

Yes to me

Quoted from MustangPaul:

Sweet. I have Refinery Met #8. What is yours?

The Met pro is #10, ST pro #1!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 63.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.99
13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,797 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 216.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.