Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
DSCN3234 (resized).JPG
There are 10,797 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 216.
#1151 9 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Just got my first Super Jackpot in ST Klingon MB! 360,000 pts, lol. 16 shots. That needs fixing. Still awesome. Call out was slightly disappointing, but that's likely just because I think the Double Jackpot call out is among the best in pinball.
I died immediately after hitting the Super. Anyone know if it stays lit? Or is there a Double Super?

I have no idea how you get SJ and or double jackpots on this game!! Maybe i need to play more lol

#1152 9 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

I have no idea how you get SJ and or double jackpots on this game!! Maybe i need to play more lol

It's not an easy task. Start Klingon MB. Hit all lit shots, which is scoop, spinner, ramp, vengence, ramp, outlane, warp ramp x2. 14 Shots in total. After that, 1 lit shot rotates around the playfield, that's the double. After you hit that, the warp ramp is lit for the super.

#1153 9 years ago

If your going to do proto reds... You need the black boot piece too

#1154 9 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

It's not an easy task. Start Klingon MB. Hit all lit shots, which is scoop, spinner, ramp, vengence, ramp, outlane, warp ramp x2. 14 Shots in total. After that, 1 lit shot rotates around the playfield, that's the double. After you hit that, the warp ramp is lit for the super.

Thank you

#1155 9 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Ok cool thanks so much for explaining

#1156 9 years ago

Here's your youngest member!

image-463.jpgimage-463.jpgimage-157.jpgimage-157.jpgimage-898.jpgimage-898.jpgimage-370.jpgimage-370.jpgimage-926.jpgimage-926.jpgimage-185.jpgimage-185.jpgimage-416.jpgimage-416.jpg

#1157 9 years ago

There's a lot of Superband discussion out there, but I'm curious about Star Trek in particular. Anyone use them or have thoughts on putting them on ST?

#1158 9 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

There's a lot of Superband discussion out there, but I'm curious about Star Trek in particular. Anyone use them or have thoughts on putting them on ST?

Yep, I use them as also on my MET pro and ACDC premium. I find them very good looking and they dont attract dirt like Original rubbers do. ON ST I have blue at the bottom 2 and a transparant at the upper 3rd flipper

Frankly speaking I dont notice any difference at all but I am not a competition player. Just bought them for the looks

#1159 9 years ago

I've heard they offer a little more control. Since the mode start and away team shots are a little harder than something like the X-Men scoop, I wanted something that my wife would find more manageable when having to aim for those two shots. Is it true that they do indeed offer more control in that respect?

#1160 9 years ago

I'm not a fan. I played two different STs that had super bands and both seemed harder to hit the warp ramp. I'm not a fan of changing the factory design rubber choice on top flippers (xmen, st, etc...). As for the bottom two flippers have at it, but I found standard blue rubbers make the left ramp shot more manageable.

#1161 9 years ago

I just changed out my Stern ST flipper bats (colored blue on bottom and red up top) and put super rubbers on (black bottom and red up top). I've got the super rubbers on a few newer pins now and I believe they are stickier and provide a little different gameplay.

It is much easier to save balls going to the center by only catching the smallest portion of the ball. The ball has zero tendency to slide off these.

I also think they add more spin to the ball on most occasions.

On ST in particular, I think it might make the top warp shot a little harder, but not much difference. It definitely changes the shots a bit, but overall I think they are fine on it.

They are a bear to install though. I've heard of people heating them up, but I tend to use a screwdriver for leverage when I have the bat out of the game.

#1162 9 years ago

I may just change the bottom flippers to supers and leave the top. Since the top flipper is purely an active flipper, keeping it stock is probably the better option. Thanks guys!

#1163 9 years ago

Here's my Star Trek Premium. Love this game! Bought some mods from Mezel Mods (Dome Flashers, Ship Flasher) and designed and printed my own side rail artwork. Material is high quality air release vinyl then laminated with polycarbonate laminate...I own my own sign shop so possibilities are endless with printing My first pin ever. Definitely caught the pinball bug!

IMG_20140516_175656.jpgIMG_20140516_175656.jpg IMG_20140516_175726.jpgIMG_20140516_175726.jpg IMG_20140516_175749.jpgIMG_20140516_175749.jpg STAR TREK PINBLADES FINAL-501.jpgSTAR TREK PINBLADES FINAL-501.jpg
#1164 9 years ago

Nice work on the side art! how long do you have the game ?

Hope to get my premium delivered in 2 weeks.

#1165 9 years ago

I have had it for 3 months...such a difficult game sometimes but oh so fun!

#1166 9 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I may just change the bottom flippers to supers and leave the top. Since the top flipper is purely an active flipper, keeping it stock is probably the better option. Thanks guys!

I have supers on the top flipper, and don't have any problem hitting the warp ramp. Additionally, and I don't know if this is the case with stock rubber, but with the super I am frequently able to corral the ball back up the out lane and onto the flipper to get another shot at the warp ramp. I feel like the stickyness of the supers is whats letting this happen.

#1167 9 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

I have supers on the top flipper, and don't have any problem hitting the warp ramp. Additionally, and I don't know if this is the case with stock rubber, but with the super I am frequently able to corral the ball back up the out lane and onto the flipper to get another shot at the warp ramp. I feel like the stickyness of the supers is whats letting this happen.

As it stands, I ordered 3 Black and 3 Red supers. So once I get the game, I'll probably play without them a few games, install the supers, play a few games, and then decide which route I want to go. Also have PBL premium balls coming and my plastic protectors.

I'm now deciding between mirror blades or the printed blades. And then once I decide which I like better, I need to decide to buy those or get the colored speakers with the acrylics insert first. Also a sub. Heh.

#1168 9 years ago

I have the Pro and am just starting to Mod it for fun, but here's a pic of the DMD (white LED with blue filter from pinbits and a PinballSWAG.com glare guard).

Only other things I've done so far are some other pinbit mods, translucent flippers and super bands. Have lots more I'm working on or are coming in. I just couldn't leave it alone

G

IMG_3315.jpgIMG_3315.jpg
IMG_3303[1].JPGIMG_3303[1].JPG

#1169 9 years ago

Oops inserted one photo twice.

G

IMG_3304[1].JPGIMG_3304[1].JPG

#1170 9 years ago

So I am completely restoring my sttng I got in a bulk deal... it was in terrible shape when I got it, but it has an excellent playfield.
I have added art on the inside blade and back board,
painted the ships,
leds,
new rails,
outside the cab led lighting,
replaced the bottom of the cabinet.(little bit of water damage not terrible just wanted a nice cab)
got a few mods on the way too.
4 brand new boards( power driver, flipper, mpu and one other)(it had no boards in it when I got it,
also missing the flipper assembly so I got a new one,
and im sure a lot of other things I've done to it as well.

what am I missing you ask?? the freakin transformer!!!!! =+(
I would trade my left nut for one!
I will pay 200+ shipping or trade pin stuff for one.

few things I have for trade.
nice EK back glass
nice six million dollar man back glass
I have a high speed pinball that has a nice cab but a bad playfield mostly complete pf, no boards or BG,
or CASH!!!!!

If anyone has one just PM me and ill send you payment via paypal (I will pay the fees)

thanks, I cannot wait to play this thing! MAKE IT SO!

#1171 9 years ago
Quoted from DoubleOughtPBs:

lol, I would hope your left nut is worth more than a transformer lol. Best of luck dude.

#1172 9 years ago

Tell me about these Blue DMDs...

#1173 9 years ago

It's a XPIN LED display. I bought it in white at TPF and it comes with gels to color it, but the gels just stick to the dots and look ok, but not as crisp as I wanted. A friend told me that pinbits had custom cut Blue DMD plastic so I bought that and put it in.

When I was installing it, I added one of our DMD Glare guards (the microlouvre type) to it and it all worked out beautifully. IMO anyway.

G

#1174 9 years ago
Quoted from DoubleOughtPBs:

So I am completely restoring my sttng I got in a bulk deal... it was in terrible shape when I got it, but it has an excellent playfield.
I have added art on the inside blade and back board,
painted the ships,
leds,
new rails,
outside the cab led lighting,
replaced the bottom of the cabinet.(little bit of water damage not terrible just wanted a nice cab)
got a few mods on the way too.
4 brand new boards( power driver, flipper, mpu and one other)(it had no boards in it when I got it,
also missing the flipper assembly so I got a new one,
and im sure a lot of other things I've done to it as well.
what am I missing you ask?? the freakin transformer!!!!! =+(
I will pay 200+ shipping or trade pin stuff for one.
few things I have for trade.
nice EK back glass
nice six million dollar man back glass
I have a High Speed pinball that has a nice cab but a bad playfield mostly complete pf, no boards or BG,
or CASH!!!!!
If anyone has one just PM me and ill send you payment via paypal (I will pay the fees)
thanks, I cannot wait to play this thing! MAKE IT SO!

Wish I could help ya man, that's gonna be one beautiful game. Best of luck.

#1175 9 years ago

Got my ST today!! Me and some buddies played the crap out of it. Good times!!

#1176 9 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

It's a XPIN LED display. I bought it in white at TPF and it comes with gels to color it, but the gels just stick to the dots and look ok, but not as crisp as I wanted. A friend told me that pinbits had custom cut Blue DMD plastic so I bought that and put it in.
When I was installing it, I added one of our DMD Glare guards (the microlouvre type) to it and it all worked out beautifully. IMO anyway.
G

What was the total $$$. I LOVE the way it looks.

#1177 9 years ago
Quoted from hawkeye11:

Got my ST today!! Me and some buddies played the crap out of it. Good times!!

Welcome to the club. A Pro?

#1178 9 years ago

Yep, I went with the pro. Did alot of thinking on this one and decided on that. I already own or have owned enough Ritchie kickback games.

#1179 9 years ago

ordered the Dome flashers set from Mezelmod.

have to say that the email you get from them when they ship out is fun enough to order something

#1180 9 years ago
Quoted from hawkeye11:

Yep, I went with the pro. Did alot of thinking on this one and decided on that. I already own or have owned enough Ritchie kickback games.

You gonna put some mods on it?

#1181 9 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

ordered the Dome flashers set from Mezelmod.
have to say that the email you get from them when they ship out is fun enough to order something

They look like a good mod. Got anymore on it?

#1182 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

They look like a good mod. Got anymore on it?

No, won't get my NIB Premium for another 2 weeks (on a ship somewhere between US and Europe). In the meantime collecting mods (domes, side blades, klingon bird of pray, etc) is whats keep me busy.

the horror of waiting...

#1183 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You gonna put some mods on it?

For sure. I got the Warp ramp lights, Pinblade side art. Prob add the Klingon ship as well.

#1184 9 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

No, won't get my NIB Premium for another 2 weeks (on a ship somewhere between US and Europe). In the meantime collecting mods (domes, side blades, klingon bird of pray, etc) is whats keep me busy.
the horror of waiting...

Waiting gets to be hard sometimes. Sometimes we over here have to wait 2 weeks just for it to go 1000 miles.

#1185 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Waiting gets to be hard sometimes. Sometimes we over here have to wait 2 weeks just for it to go 1000 miles.

well beter 2 weeks then 2 years...

#1186 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

What was the total $$$. I LOVE the way it looks.

The XPin White display is like $350 on their site, the pinbits blue shield was $18 and our DMD Glare Buster (filter) is $20 until the end of the month.

Websites:
PinballSWAG.com - http://pinballswag.com/product.php?productid=32&cat=10&page=1
xpinpinball.com - http://xpinpinball.com/products/displays/NEW-XP-DMD4096LV-W
pinbits.com - http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=13_77&zenid=0810a573a120dc6266075c4c621d2962

Greg

#1187 9 years ago

It sounds like it's worth buying a ColorDMD at that point, no?

#1188 9 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

It sounds like it's worth buying a ColorDMD at that point, no?

Yeah, I don't get it. The color can be switched to just blue, but you have the option of glorious COLOR!

#1189 9 years ago

I don't think color DMD works on a new stern, but I could be wrong. I thought they were just WPC, but there wouldn't be any color unless Color DMD redoes all the files and releases a version for Star Trek, so you'd be stuck with blue or a single color anyway.

I got mine at a special price because I bought the machine at TPF, had it in the tournament area and XPIN had a special if we let him install them in our machines to show them off.

Anyhow, I'm very happy with it...

Greg

#1190 9 years ago

I don't think they work with Sterns also but man your blue one sure looks sweet. Could you post a few pictures of just the dmd in action?

#1191 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I don't think they work with Sterns also but man your blue one sure looks sweet. Could you post a few pictures of just the dmd in action?

http://shop.colordmd.com/colordmd-replacement-display-sigma/

It does in fact with with new Sterns, you just need specific hardware for it. I'll probably pick one up at some point, just not right now.

#1192 9 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

http://shop.colordmd.com/colordmd-replacement-display-sigma/
It does in fact with with new Sterns, you just need specific hardware for it. I'll probably pick one up at some point, just not right now.

I think we are all talking about two seperate things. I know about that one but I think he was talking about the multi color, where the image is made up of many colors. But only he knows what he meant and is looking for. That's just my take on it.

#1193 9 years ago

Mine finally showed !! I'm officially in , loving it so far , tomorrow maybe throw some mods on ! image.jpgimage.jpg

#1194 9 years ago
Quoted from freezie:

Mine finally showed !! I'm officially in , loving it so far , tomorrow maybe throw some mods on !

image.jpg 179 KB

That red sure looks nice. Congrats.

#1195 9 years ago

The red in person is an excellent , deep color .

#1197 9 years ago

Please add me to the club!

I just picked up a STTNG today in nice shape. I'll add pictures in a few days. I do need to replace the Neutral Zone switch. Anyone have an extra they can spare? Please PM me and let me know if you have one available. All of the regular sources seem to be out of stock.

Thank you,

Rob

#1198 9 years ago

Congrats to Levar...but given he's already exceeded his goal... I'm thinking about the SciFi museum:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/newstarship/hollywood-sci-fi-science-fiction-museum

There's only 8 days to go... so now would be the time.

#1199 9 years ago

I can't keep up with a thread this big anymore. Does the mezelmod site still offer the pop bumpers upgrade for ST pro?

#1200 9 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Please add me to the club!
I just picked up a STTNG today in nice shape. I'll add pictures in a few days. I do need to replace the Neutral Zone switch. Anyone have an extra they can spare? Please PM me and let me know if you have one available. All of the regular sources seem to be out of stock.
Thank you,
Rob

Congrats! TNG was one of the first pins I played after getting into this hobby...At the time, I thought it was overrated and just "meh". Now that I've been at it for over a year now, I realize how incredibly good TNG is. It's an incredibly good machine that I would love to own one day.

Also, I have confirmation that my Premium will be here Wednesday! Wicked excited!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 15.00
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Ana, CA
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 85.00
8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,797 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 216.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.