IMG_0903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0905 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6283 (resized).jpeg
FB_IMG_1717274768062 (resized).jpg
IronMaidenLEfeatures (resized).png
PXL_20240512_175355516 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240512_175457473 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-05-09 at 9.06.51?AM (resized).png
There are 10,887 posts in this topic. You are on page 218 of 218.
#10851 27 days ago

Yep...it is set to free play but I even tried to put quarters in it and it did make the credit noise. The one curious thing is the "tilt" light does flash in attract mode...I just looked and noticed that it doesn't in other ST games. I am not sure what it is supposed to do in attract mode however.

#10852 27 days ago
Quoted from Mars304:

Hi all,
I am trying to bring a Bally Star Trek back to life but can't seem to figure out this problem. When I start the machine, it will start up and go into attract mode, but If I try to push the button to start the game, nothing happens. At first I thought it might be something that is making the game think it was in Tilt, but I can't see any problems. Any suggestions?

Has to have a ball in the trough and credits.

I just fixed a start button issue on my similar vintage paragon. I went into switch test and found... the start button didn't work. Fixed the switch and was back up.

#10853 27 days ago
Quoted from Mars304:

Hi all,
I am trying to bring a Bally Star Trek back to life but can't seem to figure out this problem. When I start the machine, it will start up and go into attract mode, but If I try to push the button to start the game, nothing happens. At first I thought it might be something that is making the game think it was in Tilt, but I can't see any problems. Any suggestions?

Try self test mode, and see if there are any stuck switches. My Bally ST has Game Over, Ball in Play, and High Game to Date on in attract, but not Tilt. Tilt did flicker at the beginning, but does not come on again.

#10854 27 days ago
Quoted from scootss:

I'm interested in adding a Star Trek Premium to my collection. I'm having a hard time getting definitive answers about what is different between the original run premium vs vault premium vs final voyage premium.
Can someone please enlighten me?
thanks!

I don’t think this has been mentioned but the first runs of ST were the first to use the Allen wrench screws for the back box and maybe one of the last because Stern switched to the larger leg bolts they use now and on ST vault.

I never had any problems with the small screws but it seemed to me they were a bit slight for the job.

From Pinball News :

Stern's traditional backbox latch used an oversize hex/Allen key with a half-turn locking the cabinet and backbox together. That system has now been replaced by two much smaller hex/Allen keyed bolts, and whereas the old larger key could be left in the latch until it was needed, there's no convenient place at the back to store this new smaller key.

IMG_6283 (resized).jpegIMG_6283 (resized).jpeg

#10855 27 days ago

I have a very nice ST premium (vault) on sale. I love it have owned 3 different ST in my time (LE twice). But I’m running out of space.

Don’t really want to ship it but it’s possible in the right circumstance.

It’s the only one on sale in the Pinside market.

Sorry about my pictures don’t do it justice.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/178330

#10856 26 days ago

I should be starting a ramp and wireform mod for the pro models next week. I can do alot of different things, but my question to owners of the pro machines is this. The left return, I can do it both ways. One way leaving the left vuk alone kicking to playfield or have it kick up into the new wireform. Any thoughts as to which would be prefered? I can try both. Just curious of oppionions on either.
Thanks, Jay

#10857 26 days ago
Quoted from Logan-Pinball:

I should be starting a ramp and wireform mod for the pro models next week. I can do alot of different things, but my question to owners of the pro machines is this. The left return, I can do it both ways. One way leaving the left vuk alone kicking to playfield or have it kick up into the new wireform. Any thoughts as to which would be prefered? I can try both. Just curious of oppionions on either.
Thanks, Jay

definitely prefer to leave it alone and kick to the playfield.

I have a pro that a prior owner fit a premium/le wireform to the right side, would love to be able to mirror that to the left side. PBL had the premium/LE left ramp on their site, I may have bought the last one, and my left ramp is severely cracked and held together with glue and tape. I was planning on making a wireform myself to fit it, but if you make one for a reasonable price I would buy (and I have no idea what 'reasonable price' would be)

#10858 26 days ago

New member of the Star Trek club…if anyone has an Aurich translite or speaker surround they would consider letting go please let me know. Placed a “wanted” ad but thought I might get a few more eyes over here.

Thanks!

Matt

#10859 24 days ago

Thanks, Jay

Agree with BorgDog , prefer to leave it on the playfield.

Also, wouldn't the scoop there need a different mechanism to act as a VUK?

#10860 24 days ago
Quoted from ParkRangerPinball:

Agree with BorgDog , prefer to leave it on the playfield.
Also, wouldn't the scoop there need a different mechanism to act as a VUK?

I cut the ramps and pinned supports for wireforms. I am doing wireforms that drop to returns only.
All I would have to do is make a altered scoop from that vuk to go to wireform, but I agree with both of you and will leave it to playfield drop out.
Wireforms are next. This can be done easily as a mod with added wireforms. It just requires cutting and adding wireform support to ramps.

IMG_0903 (resized).jpegIMG_0903 (resized).jpegIMG_0904 (resized).jpegIMG_0904 (resized).jpegIMG_0905 (resized).jpegIMG_0905 (resized).jpeg
#10861 23 days ago
Quoted from Mars304:

I am trying to bring a Bally Star Trek back to life

I can't remember, but thinking the ball in the trough also. As suggested above doing a switch test and making sure trough switches are good/functioning.

I can't think of specific games (JL?), but I can recall having a no start issue and this was it.

#10862 18 days ago

I always save up my Torpedo's for the Vengance battle om my STpro. what else are they good for?

#10863 18 days ago

Completed.

IMG_0938 (resized).jpegIMG_0938 (resized).jpeg
#10864 18 days ago

Hello all…. So we’ve had a ST Premium for about a week and a half. Loving it so far.

Question for the group. On a slow roller back down the left orbit what is the expected route of the ball?

Mine kicks right (somewhat aggressively) at the bottom of the metal and is sdtm well over half the time.

I cant see what is causing the hard right even after slo mo vids…but something is causing it. I also have done
no adjustment to the orbit at all. Waiting to hear what others see.

Again, mainly just curious what others see on their machines?

Thanks!
Matt

#10865 18 days ago
Quoted from Rockypinball:

I always save up my Torpedo's for the Vengance battle om my STpro. what else are they good for?

I'm answering my own question here what a dummy

Torpedos
Torpedo standups when completed add 3 torpedoes. Torpedoes accumulated are shown by the line of yellow triangles on the playfield and can be used by pressing the fire button to score Vengeance hits. Torpedoes will not award mode shots.

Vengeance Multiball
Vengeance mode 1 is “Vengeance Multiball.” Hit the magnet-held ball at multiball start to add a ball (upgrading from 2-ball to 3-ball play) and extend ball save time. Shots to Vengeance and lit white shots do damage and award points. Defeating Vengeance awards 5M after completing 10 shots and then shooting the Vengeance. Photon torpedoes can be used to complete shots except for the final shot.

Vengeance Scoring
Vengeance mode 2 is “Vengeance Scoring” which is a hurry up mode - 5 shots to destroy Vengeance - destroying Vengeance awards an extra ball.

Vengeance Battle
Vengeance mode 3 is “Vengeance Battle.” Shoot the Vengeance 5 times to raise the drop target. Shooting the drop target down gives you a very limited time to shoot the Vengeance for 10% of total score (or 10M, whichever is greater). If time runs out, the drop target with re-raise and you must hit it again to lower it.10% value is affected by combo (20%) and/or double scoring (up to 40%)

#10866 17 days ago
Quoted from matt68061:

Hello all…. So we’ve had a ST Premium for about a week and a half. Loving it so far.
Question for the group. On a slow roller back down the left orbit what is the expected route of the ball?
Mine kicks right (somewhat aggressively) at the bottom of the metal and is sdtm well over half the time.
I cant see what is causing the hard right even after slo mo vids…but something is causing it. I also have done
Thanks!
Matt

The standup target interferes with the ball and deflects it. I have to adjust the standup to the left a small amount periodically.

#10867 17 days ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

The standup target interferes with the ball and deflects it. I have to adjust the standup to the left a small amount periodically.

Yeah, thats what I was expecting to see…but it doesn’t appear in my slo mo vid. Admittedly, I have not messed with it much.

I noticed the same thing in a YT video I watched a few nights ago so thought it might be “normal.”

Appreciate the reply!

#10868 17 days ago

Completed.

[quoted image]

That was quick!
How much?

#10869 17 days ago

Vengeance Multiball
Vengeance mode 1 is “Vengeance Multiball.” Hit the magnet-held ball at multiball start to add a ball (upgrading from 2-ball to 3-ball play) and extend ball save time. Shots to Vengeance and lit white shots do damage and award points. Defeating Vengeance awards 5M after completing 10 shots and then shooting the Vengeance. Photon torpedoes can be used to complete shots except for the final shot.

I try to build them up and save them until... I start Vengeance Multiball. While in ballsave time, I take as many pot shots as I can at the middle or the white shots. BEFORE ballsave ends, I will take my hand off the flipper button and expend every torpedo I have by slamming on the center button. At that point either I'm ready for the final shot, or there are only a couple needed at the Vengeance. With a full bar of torpedos I'll usually destroy it in about 10 seconds.

It is one of those "perfect" modes in pinball when you play it right. I never use torpedos to get into it, unless I am in competition and on ball 3 of a bad game. The fanfare of music when you destroy it is wonderful. It is a less skilled rush with a quick reward.

#10870 17 days ago
Quoted from ParkRangerPinball:

That was quick!
How much?

It would require cutting your plastic ramps. Not too sure that anyone would want to do it. I had that issue with Star Wars wireforms I made. No one wanted to do it.

#10871 15 days ago

Well my machine is going haywire again, this time it's throwing a 'Center Lane Lockup' service alert. I can't find anything about a center lane in the tech manual other than in the switch matrix grid....SW 33 and SW34 top and bottom. Is it safe to assume those are the optical switches that mind the center lane?

also, I enetered the switch test menu and the optos are not registering active when I block the tx from shining.....are they supposed to?

#10872 15 days ago
Quoted from matt68061:

Thanks!
Matt

My STPro does this too. I like to give a hard sideways nudge as the ball is coming off the bottom of the ramp to assure it goes to the right flipper. Let it bounce over to the left flipper for good ball control!

#10873 14 days ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

My STPro does this too. I like to give a hard sideways nudge as the ball is coming off the bottom of the ramp to assure it goes to the right flipper. Let it bounce over to the left flipper for good ball control!

I played around with this tonight and D Gottlieb was correct. The standup was “just catching” the ball but ONLY on a slow roller.

I adjusted it to the left and the issue seems to have been fixed!

Thanks.

#10874 11 days ago

New Star Trek LE owner and wanted to know if someone could look to see if this is supposed to be connected or disconnected?

Maybe it was for the original dmd? I have no clue.

Thank you

IMG_2028 (resized).jpegIMG_2028 (resized).jpegIMG_2029 (resized).jpegIMG_2029 (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#10875 11 days ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

New Star Trek LE owner and wanted to know if someone could look to see if this is supposed to be connected or disconnected?
Maybe it was for the original dmd? I have no clue.
Thank you

It was the power connector from the original DMD when they put in the color one. No worries, play on.

#10876 11 days ago
Quoted from DaveH:

It was the power connector from the original DMD when they put in the color one. No worries, play on.

Awesome! Thank you!

#10877 6 days ago

Hmm .. something bad happened to my st Pro...

Turned it on, heard a loud pop, and the shaker motor was locked on again. Thought it might be the blown transistor on the shaker motor control card needing another replacement, so I powered down the machine, unplugged the shaker for now.

Turned it back on...

1) Tried to start a game, no coils firing, not the flippers, not the trough eject.

2) power cycled the game with the coin door opened and the interlock pulled. On cycling coil test, not one fires.

3) on the driver board, 50V green LED is very, very dim. All other voltages appear to be lit.

4) at any other time, if I open the coin door, it says 20/50v disabled, and continues to say that message whether I close the door, or pull the interlock switch out. If I close the door and then reopen it, it still says the message the whole time, but it flashes, so I think it detects that there was at least a change in the door state...

20240708_214730 (resized).jpg20240708_214730 (resized).jpg

All fuses are red lit.

Is this a catastrophic failure of the driver board? Is there a specific component on the board I should be looking to diagnose to replace?

#10878 6 days ago

I stand corrected; it looks like F5 blew...

Hmm.

20240709_170955 (resized).jpg20240709_170955 (resized).jpg

Swapped the fuse for an unblown 7A SB and everything is right as rain. Other than why it happened, but it seems likely that the shaker card is still an issue.

First blown fuse, now I know what it sounds and looks like...

#10879 4 days ago

Can someone please explain to me how to adjust this two way gate. Or maybe it’s not the gate but if I hit a solid hard shot this gate rejects almost everytime. I don’t know of something is bent out of whack or needs to be bent. Of course if I roll it by hand it’s fine but a hard shot rejects terribly.

IMG_6602 (resized).jpegIMG_6602 (resized).jpeg
#10880 3 days ago
Quoted from rdonohue13:

Can someone please explain to me how to adjust this two way gate. Or maybe it’s not the gate but if I hit a solid hard shot this gate rejects almost everytime. I don’t know of something is bent out of whack or needs to be bent. Of course if I roll it by hand it’s fine but a hard shot rejects terribly.
[quoted image]

What I have found useful is to use the slo-mo option on my phones camera. The iPhone seems to have a high frame rate to really get a good idea as the what’s going on. I imagine the flap has been pretty beaten from the plunger shots and is slightly bent preventing a clean flip up when the ball comes.

#10881 3 days ago

My ST Pro often delivers a 4 ball Vengeance multiball, from what I've been reading it should only be 2 or 3 depending on hitting the Vengeance target. Does anyone else have this going on? the trough switches all test ok.

#10882 3 days ago

this 4 ball multi also often happens during Klingon multiball as well?

#10883 3 days ago

My ST Pro often delivers a 4 ball Vengeance multiball, from what I've been reading it should only be 2 or 3 depending on hitting the Vengeance target. Does anyone else have this going on? the trough switches all test ok.

Might have something to do with the "Add a ball" award
from the Black Hole target?

#10884 2 days ago
Quoted from rdonohue13:

Marcos has a replacement which is supposed to be compatible. https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-1475-10

#10885 46 hours ago
Quoted from rdonohue13:

[quoted image]

Why is the top tab bent up?

#10886 39 hours ago

Hey Pinball and Star Trek fans.

I have a small issue with my TNG.
From time to time, the ball "derails" when the game is arming the left canon. It's like the coil is giving too much power and the ball just get out of the metal ramp.
I’ve tried redressing the ramp a bit but it doesn't look particularly bent or anything.

Any tips to either lower coil power, or somehow slow the ball down ?

Thanks !

#10887 7 hours ago

Hey, anybody able to point me to a place to get a Star Trek themed dust cover? Looking for a nice rubber one, not thin fabric but cant be picky right now.

Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Penfield, NY
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.95
$ 15.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.00
Playfield - Decals
RGP Models

3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Folsom, CA
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Lenticular Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Lenticular Designs

6,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Everett, WA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

There are 10,887 posts in this topic. You are on page 218 of 218.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.