Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
DSCN3234 (resized).JPG
There are 10,797 posts in this topic. You are on page 212 of 216.
#10551 11 months ago
Quoted from Patofnaud:

Hey, no peeking.
Seeing you did, here is my current lineup. Some day wh I get the Bally ST done I'll have to move a machine to the opposite wall so I can keep all 4 ST's together.
[quoted image]

And he has a singing hamster to boot!

#10552 11 months ago

So, just an update to my twitchy warp ramp on my Pro...

(Disclaimer: I haven't been able to work under the playfield due to the odd ceiling structure of my basement, but will again once I move it to my new residence in July.)

So, in preparation for July, I tried to more carefully assess exactly what conditions were leading to my warp ramp fluttering triggers. It turns out that it seems to be limited to Victory Lap after Vengeance defeat.

It doesn't happen during Vengeance multiball itself or Klingon multiball, so it doesn't appear to be a vibration or opto alignment issue.

During Victory Lap, if the balls are cycling from trough to launch during ball save, it goes nuts. If I hold all the balls on the flippers, the ramp fluttering winds down and stops, until I release some of them to into the trough, at which point it starts again.

Once I let everything drain for good at the conclusion of Victory Lap, and the next ball starts, everything's fine again.

So the problem seems very, very specific to Victory Lap...

Will try reseating everything and swapping opto amp PCBs this July, to see if the problem migrates with the PCB (*tip of my hat to Zitt ), but has anyone run into something mode-specific like this before?

Added 11 months ago:

Update: NOPE. disregard. There went that theory. sorry for any confusion

1 week later
#10553 11 months ago

Hello all,
I'm looking to potentially join the club with a Stern Star Trek LE. I was hoping to get some info on what to look for in terms of wear and other common issues/problems. I've only owned one Stern game in my past, so I don't follow a lot of what might be common knowledge with these games. The one I'm looking looks to be stock, and it looks like mods for this title are not as available in the past, but also curious what people consider must have mods for this game? It's hard to believe, but its a 10 year old game this year!

Thanks!

#10554 11 months ago

Make sure ship works in tear menus and in game . Make sure warp ramp triggers properly in game and in menus. Make sure leds are working in both ships.

Mods:
1) color dmd lcd in dotxl mode
2) any of my mods which still available

#10555 11 months ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Make sure ship works in tear menus and in game . Make sure warp ramp triggers properly in game and in menus. Make sure leds are working in both ships.
Mods:
1) color dmd lcd in dotxl mode
2) any of my mods which still available

Thanks for the reply. Do you know who made the lighting that goes behind the backglass to highlight the art features?

#10556 11 months ago
Quoted from PolePosition:

Do you know who made the lighting that goes behind the backglass to highlight the art features?

Backglass? No one AFAIK.

Or are you talking about the backboard?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-nebula-mod

This list; I created - hasn't been updated in a while.
http://pinball-mods.com/url/b549

#10557 11 months ago

Hi! Any chance to turn off gi blinking on stern st?

#10558 11 months ago
Quoted from PolePosition:

Thanks for the reply. Do you know who made the lighting that goes behind the backglass to highlight the art features?

I had a custom one done by Cointaker. (It's much more interactive than my poor video skills would suggest)

You just tell him which translite and he'll make one up. (Or if you have an alt translite, send him a link to an image)

There's at least one other vendor that makes these as well, can't recall off the top of my head who it is...

#10559 11 months ago

A custom led backboard is awesome to have. I was lucky to get mine that's specific to Aurich's custom artwork. It was made or sold by the Pinball Refinery, but I don't think they even exist anymore.

I have more mods on mine than I can count on all my fingers and toes. One of my favorites though is Zitt's pop caps. You still making or have those in stock Zitt? They look so good and fit in so well with the theme. It's like the machine should have come that way stock.

All the Vengeance mods are great too.

Next year will be my 10yr anniversary of owning my STPro and getting into pinball ownership altogether as well.

#10560 11 months ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

One of my favorites though is Zitt's pop caps. You still making or have those in stock Zitt? T

No. They were retired last year when the last incomplete set was sold.
They won't be made again in high volume... if someone begged enough; I could make the parts available via Shapeways - but they wouldn't be cheap given what they charge for their service.

#10561 10 months ago

Has anyone replaced the plastic apron on their Star Trek Pro with a metal one? I know PBL sells some, but not sure if they are compatible with this older SAM machine. Thanks.

1 week later
#10562 10 months ago

In my Star Trek Pro, the Warp Ramp and adjacent Alpha Quadrant ramp no longer respond. I am getting service errors for the optos on both ramps. When I test the optos in the switch test, they both respond. I replaced the Opto Amplifer Board #2 with one from Marco, but there is still no response to triggering the optos in the game. All other optos are working. I realize this type of issue has come up before, but I have not been successful in searching this thread. Suggestions on next steps, or where in this thread I can find that help, would be greatly appreciated. I will post this a separate new thread.
Thanks!

#10563 10 months ago

I just bought a Williams ST:TNG from Jonathan Frakes himself, sold through Lightspeed Fine Art. And he signed the backglass for me! It’s a real beauty and he said it had maybe forty plays.

It’s great, but it’s been sitting in storage for thirty years, so there are a number of problems. I am brand new to this hobby so I have no idea how to even “check a switch” much less diagnose software issues.

Actually, I have done a few simple repairs on this one and a JP home pin that I own, but I need help with this one!

I have ball trough issues, jet bumper issues, problems with the Borg lock and Borg entry. Forgive my ignorance, but when the test report says, for instance, “Check switch 31 Borg lock” what exactly do I do?!! Please help.

4BF0EFD2-9B29-40CF-A852-C8CC8F14524C (resized).jpeg4BF0EFD2-9B29-40CF-A852-C8CC8F14524C (resized).jpeg6E2F204A-7513-4212-BB0A-FAAC35A9ED1A (resized).jpeg6E2F204A-7513-4212-BB0A-FAAC35A9ED1A (resized).jpegCF4D64E9-E304-4E05-841E-759B39BC3042 (resized).jpegCF4D64E9-E304-4E05-841E-759B39BC3042 (resized).jpeg
#10565 10 months ago
Quoted from Karnevil9:

I just bought a Williams ST:TNG from Jonathan Frakes himself, sold through Lightspeed Fine Art. And he signed the backglass for me! It’s a real beauty and he said it had maybe forty plays.
It’s great, but it’s been sitting in storage for thirty years, so there are a number of problems. I am brand new to this hobby so I have no idea how to even “check a switch” much less diagnose software issues.
Actually, I have done a few simple repairs on this one and a JP home pin that I own, but I need help with this one!
I have ball trough issues, jet bumper issues, problems with the Borg lock and Borg entry. Forgive my ignorance, but when the test report says, for instance, “Check switch 31 Borg lock” what exactly do I do?!! Please help.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You find a local pin tech and have him get the machine up an running, while you learn more about pin maintenace. learn how to maintain a pin on another, less rare, machine before digging in here.. Just my 2cents, do you.

#10566 10 months ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

You find a local pin tech and have him get the machine up an running, while you learn more about pin maintenace. learn how to maintain a pin on another, less rare, machine before digging in here.. Just my 2cents, do you.

I hear you. I wish I could, but there are no pin techs anywhere near me. I live in the worst place for pinball.

#10567 10 months ago
Quoted from Karnevil9:

I hear you. I wish I could, but there are no pin techs anywhere near me. I live in the worst place for pinball.

i am sorry to hear that.. there are lots of youtube videos on switch matrixes and such. start there?

#10568 10 months ago

Switch a;erts come up when that switch hasn’t been hit in a certain humber of games. Borg lock and Borg entry are common alerts. Not because the switch is faulty but because it’s a hard shot in game. It’s likely that issue rather than an actual failed switch. Just hitting that switch in test or in game will clear the alert.

#10569 10 months ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

i am sorry to hear that.. there are lots of youtube videos on switch matrixes and such. start there?

Yeah, I’m watching videos and reading the manual and learning quite a bit. I don’t think it is beyond me. I’ll figure it out! The game is still playable in the meantime. It just acts up sometimes.

#10570 10 months ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Switch a;erts come up when that switch hasn’t been hit in a certain humber of games. Borg lock and Borg entry are common alerts. Not because the switch is faulty but because it’s a hard shot in game. It’s likely that issue rather than an actual failed switch. Just hitting that switch in test or in game will clear the alert.

Thanks for that explanation for the alerts. However, I am still not getting the game to register that the opto switch was activated. Could it still be the connection to the board, which I replaced? Or it is higher on the CPU? Unclear to me how to determine where the problem is. And the game is Stern Star Trek, not TNG. Thanks!

#10571 10 months ago
Quoted from Renouart:

Thanks for that explanation for the alerts. However, I am still not getting the game to register that the opto switch was activated. Could it still be the connection to the board, which I replaced? Or it is higher on the CPU? Unclear to me how to determine where the problem is. And the game is Stern Star Trek, not TNG. Thanks!

My response was meant for Karnevil9

Too many discussions about similar problems on different machines lol

#10572 10 months ago

My mistake! That explains the reference to TNG!

#10573 10 months ago
Quoted from Renouart:

In my Star Trek Pro, the Warp Ramp and adjacent Alpha Quadrant ramp no longer respond. I am getting service errors for the optos on both ramps. When I test the optos in the switch test, they both respond. I replaced the Opto Amplifer Board #2 with one from Marco, but there is still no response to triggering the optos in the game. All other optos are working. I realize this type of issue has come up before, but I have not been successful in searching this thread. Suggestions on next steps, or where in this thread I can find that help, would be greatly appreciated. I will post this a separate new thread.
Thanks!

Problem fixed - just in case this issue arises with someone else, the ramps have separate entry and exit optos. The obvious entry ones were working, but the exit ones that I did not know about were not lit. I reseated the connections on the opto board, and now all good.

What helped me was all the opto details in post #9473 - too much to quote, but a good place to start for questions on optos.

#10574 10 months ago

Anyone have a spare weapon target bank plastic?

IMG_9994 (resized).jpegIMG_9994 (resized).jpeg

#10575 10 months ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

[quoted image]

I’ll check tomorrow.

#10576 10 months ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

[quoted image]

I knew I had a few random plastics that came with the game. Sadly it’s the kickers and outlane plastics. Sorry.

#10577 10 months ago
Quoted from tripplett:

I knew I had a few random plastics that came with the game. Sadly it’s the kickers and outlane plastics. Sorry.

Thanks for checking appreciate it

#10578 10 months ago

So going through and cleaning out the new Star Trek Pro I just got I noticed these 2 connectors in the cabinet that were not plugged into anything. I don’t see anywhere they could go was just wondering if they are meant to be open like this.

IMG_0027 (resized).jpegIMG_0027 (resized).jpegIMG_0028 (resized).jpegIMG_0028 (resized).jpeg
Added 10 months ago:

Looks like the single wire connector was for the shaker motor. Still not sure about the multi wire connector

#10579 10 months ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

So going through and cleaning out the new Star Trek Pro I just got I noticed these 2 connectors in the cabinet that were not plugged into anything. I don’t see anywhere they could go was just wondering if they are meant to be open like this.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Added yesterday: Looks like the single wire connector was for the shaker motor. Still not sure about the multi wire connector

I wouldn't sweat it too much. It could be something connecting to some other mod that the previous owner had or it could be that Stern uses the same harness for all 3 models and that specific plug is unused on a pro.

#10580 10 months ago
Quoted from FugTM:

I wouldn't sweat it too much. It could be something connecting to some other mod that the previous owner had or it could be that Stern uses the same harness for all 3 models and that specific plug is unused on a pro.

Yes there are a bunch of unused connectors on the pro.

#10581 10 months ago
Quoted from FugTM:

Yeah finally got it all cleaned up and running last night everything seems to work fine so just going to leave it as is.

#10582 10 months ago

Going through the lamp test it seems that my left ramp emblem LED does not light up blue anymore. I read the posts in this tread about replacing just the actual LED on the board but the ones that were linked in those old posts have been discontinued. I was wondering if anyone has found a suitable replacement for these or if anyone has any of these laying around from a machine they have sold.

Thanks all

Really liking the game so far its my first Richie game and its super fast flowy and fun.

#10583 10 months ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

I read the posts in this tread about replacing just the actual LED on the board but the ones that were linked in those old posts have been discontinued. I was wondering if anyone has found a suitable replacement for these or if anyone has any of these laying around from a machine they have sold.

Do you have a link to the discontinued ones?

#10585 9 months ago

Here’s the CLV6A-FKB discontinued notice from Cree. Looks like they list the replacement as CLV6F-FKB. Many times this is just a change in the package the actual product is delivered in rather than a product change.
https://www.mouser.com/PCN/Cree_Inc_CREE_PCN_1064.pdf

Here’s the page to that product at DigiKey if you want to order there, but Mouser also carry’s it.
I offer no guarantee this is compatible, just supplying the info available.
https://www.digikey.my/en/products/detail/creeled-inc/CLV6F-FKB-CQR1XY1H1BB7D3D3/18097928
2510FC2B-C3EC-41BB-A98C-615C971B6ACA (resized).jpeg2510FC2B-C3EC-41BB-A98C-615C971B6ACA (resized).jpeg

It looks pretty much the same to me but you may want to compare the datasheets. I’m on my phone and that’s a little hard to do right now.

#10586 9 months ago

Guys this game rules lol, just made my first 3rd vengeance mode today, I just wanted to see what happened when I hit the shot wasn’t thinking about trying to combo it but do you get 20% score if you combo and 2x it?

Also once a shot has been lit for 2x by completing the level 3 mission I assume the 2x combo shot goes away? You don’t get a 4x shot for that now correct?

1 week later
#10587 9 months ago

Hey Guys! Does anybody have an extra set, or one of these plastics laying around? Would love to buy them from you. THX!

Missing Plastics (resized).pngMissing Plastics (resized).png
#10588 9 months ago
Quoted from joostproost:

Hey Guys! Does anybody have an extra set, or one of these plastics laying around? Would love to buy them from you. THX![quoted image]

Unfortunately I don’t have any of those I did find an incomplete set on eBay a little while ago to replace a couple broken ones I had. I have these I know some are Prem/LE specific if anyone needs any let me know.

Some of them I think might be for Next Generation as well I couldn’t find them in my game or the manual.

IMG_0136 (resized).jpegIMG_0136 (resized).jpeg
#10589 9 months ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Unfortunately I don’t have any of those I did find an incomplete set on eBay a little while ago to replace a couple broken ones I had. I have these I know some are Prem/LE specific if anyone needs any let me know.
Some of them I think might be for Next Generation as well I couldn’t find them in my game or the manual. [quoted image]

Thx for looking up! I will be keeping my eye on ebay.

#10590 9 months ago
Quoted from joostproost:

Hey Guys! Does anybody have an extra set, or one of these plastics laying around? Would love to buy them from you. THX![quoted image]

Maybe I will have something, need to check it

#10591 9 months ago

that would be great, thx

1 week later
#10592 8 months ago

After playing now for a couple months I have come to the conclusion that the Prime Directive stack sucks 30 seconds to hit every shot. Time to get good I guess

#10593 8 months ago

Can someone please post a pick of the Playfield Power Interlock Switch on a Star Trek Pro?

There's 6 prongs on the Switch and only 4 plugs. Just wondering which ones are used?

Thanks

#10594 8 months ago
Quoted from DeadSkinMask:

Can someone please post a pick of the Playfield Power Interlock Switch on a Star Trek Pro?
There's 6 prongs on the Switch and only 4 plugs. Just wondering which ones are used?
Thanks

20230728_223724 (resized).jpg20230728_223724 (resized).jpg
#10595 8 months ago

@Karnevil9, little bit of a late reply but that is an awesome game, love that it was signed and owned by Frakes. What a find!

Have you been able to resolve your issues with it?

1 week later
#10596 8 months ago

I'm looking for custom apron cards for my sttng? What are the best ones?

#10597 8 months ago
Quoted from Electronmagic:

I'm looking for custom apron cards for my sttng? What are the best ones?

"best" is always subjective. But you could start here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-apron-cards-printable-versions-only/page/13#post-5291094

1 week later
#10599 8 months ago

I had a tech alert on my Star Trek Pro that my EOS switch needed to be looked at so I looked under the playfield and saw a loose wire dangling from my left flipper. Can anyone take a picture so I know where the black wire needs to be resoldered? Thanks for your help.
IMG_3688 (resized).jpegIMG_3688 (resized).jpeg

#10600 8 months ago

Same as the other black wire

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mechanicsville, VA
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 11.00
Playfield - Decals
RGP Models

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 63.95
$ 24.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

There are 10,797 posts in this topic. You are on page 212 of 216.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/212?hl=vbobrusev and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.