Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
DSCN3234 (resized).JPG
There are 10,797 posts in this topic. You are on page 211 of 216.
#10501 1 year ago

Hi! I have issue with my st prem. When i shot behind center drop target, it's almost all time ball drains to center, and it's impossible to catch it without warning. I am checked level on buble near shooter lane, he is ok, also, i am used digital level and check level on glass near action button and on the glass near display, both, is ok. Maybe something else what i should to check?

#10502 1 year ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

Hi! I have issue with my st prem. When i shot behind center drop target, it's almost all time ball drains to center, and it's impossible to catch it without warning. I am checked level on buble near shooter lane, he is ok, also, i am used digital level and check level on glass near action button and on the glass near display, both, is ok. Maybe something else what i should to check?

Put the level on the playfield, not the glass.

#10503 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Put the level on the playfield, not the glass.

What level i should check? horizontal or vertical?

#10504 1 year ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

What level i should check? horizontal or vertical?

Horizontal, the bubble does vertical.

#10505 1 year ago

The transformer in the bottom of the cabinet is quite noisy (steady buzz) - is this normal or is there a solution/upgrade option?

#10506 1 year ago

Funny, I’ve noticed the same thing with the Star Trek pro I got this weekend.

Quoted from dougPDX:

The transformer in the bottom of the cabinet is quite noisy (steady buzz) - is this normal or is there a solution/upgrade option?

1 week later
#10507 1 year ago

Do the flashers in the boulders and above the slingshots go off during game play? I see them fire in the attract mode, but I don't see them during game play.

#10508 1 year ago

STLE back in the house! Missed this game massively!

#10509 1 year ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

Do the flashers in the boulders and above the slingshots go off during game play? I see them fire in the attract mode, but I don't see them during game play.

Attract mode only.

#10510 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

STLE back in the house! Missed this game massively!

Wait a minute……why did it ever leave the house?

#10511 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Wait a minute……why did it ever leave the house?

I loaned it out, don’t worry I would sell my first born before my STLE went anywhere permanently

#10513 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Does your first born know this?

The first born deserves it.

I can’t think of any first born, outside of Jesus, that is better than Star Trek LE.

#10514 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Does your first born know this?

She will know about it when the time comes and I’m stood next to STLE waving her goodbye

2 weeks later
#10515 1 year ago

Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition - “Original DMD-works perfectly (replaced by Color) DMD cover-New Translite-fair Fire button housing-New, unused Fire button-complete-cracked edge tastefully glued Start button-comple...”
2023-03-11
Greenville, OH
100 (Firm)
Archived after: 11 days
Viewed: 117 times

#10516 1 year ago

Hi everyone, does anyone know where I can find a cpu for a Star Trek LE (520-5352-01) or perhaps if someone would be able to repair one.
The problem is I have no sound but other than that the game runs and plays just fine.
Thanks in advance for any help.

#10518 1 year ago
Quoted from Ramzr1:

You probably already reseated connectors.

With game in play, gently push the sound section of the board, if sound comes back a little, board likely has cold solder joints in the audio section.

LTG : )

#10519 1 year ago

Hi Guys! Love my Star Trek Pro! But got an issue. A lot of times the ball keeps getting stuck after the popbumpers. Between the lowest bumber and a rubber. I have to shake the cabinet a bit to get it free. Anybody else has this or resoved it? Looking for tips. Greatly appreciated.

20230326_202221 (resized).jpg20230326_202221 (resized).jpg
#10520 1 year ago
Quoted from joostproost:

Hi Guys! Love my Star Trek Pro! But got an issue. A lot of times the ball keeps getting stuck after the popbumpers. Between the lowest bumber and a rubber. I have to shake the cabinet a bit to get it free. Anybody else has this or resoved it? Looking for tips. Greatly appreciated.
[quoted image]

This is common on the Stern Star Trek models. Some have been able to fix it earlier in this thread. I think they put a washer under the screw? I just giggle the cabinet or wait for a ball search.

#10521 1 year ago

Sadly my ST Pro has left the galaxy to make room for another game. I just found this Cliffy kickout scoop protector for my old Pro that I never installed and I obviously don't have any use for it now. Anyone in the group want it for $20 shipped? Shoot me a message if you are interested. Thanks.

stp (resized).JPGstp (resized).JPG
#10522 1 year ago
Quoted from joostproost:

[quoted image]

I think you're missing a rubber there. I would check the manual first to make sure. I'm not in front of my pin, but I'm fairly certain that space is too empty looking.

#10523 1 year ago

Adjust that pop to be more sensitive.

#10524 1 year ago
Quoted from joostproost:

[quoted image]

There should be a screw in the playfield to prevent this hangup. Turn the screw out and put a nylon washer or something like that in and that's it.

#10525 1 year ago
Quoted from TrekTobbyGermany:

There should be a screw in the playfield to prevent this hangup. Turn the screw out and put a nylon washer or something like that in and that's it.

I think the screw might have been added in later runs.
Sticking a little rubber nub there works well.

#10526 1 year ago
Quoted from ectobar:

I think the screw might have been added in later runs.
Sticking a little rubber nub there works well.

My vault edition ST Pro has a rubber + a screw in the playfield at that spot. I haven't ever tweaked them. If my game is good & level, the ball rarely gets hung up there (but it can happen.)

#10527 1 year ago

Since the restructure of the top 100 rating system Star Trek (stern) bumped into the top 10 and seems to be holding there now, we’ll deserved
Do we think it will hold there for good ?
Only thing is a few of these new release games for 2023 are going to slot right in the top 10 and bump everything down
Star Trek is a very under rated game at times
Was my first NIB, made a great choice

#10528 1 year ago
Quoted from fourvdean:

Do we think it will hold there for good ?

More importantly, do we care?

No

#10529 1 year ago

Star Trek belongs in the Top 10 and good to see it back up in the rankings!

#10530 1 year ago

Added my rating.

Quick question for everyone: Did the 2013 release of ST Pro include a shaker or is it an add-on? Mine has one and I love it, just not sure if added afterwards.

#10531 1 year ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Added my rating.
Quick question for everyone: Did the 2013 release of ST Pro include a shaker or is it an add-on? Mine has one and I love it, just not sure if added afterwards.

Add on, and I agree. It is a great addition.

#10532 1 year ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Add on, and I agree. It is a great addition.

Thank you. I have been curious since I bought it. Really adds another level to the game.

#10533 1 year ago

I know I should have added a Cliffy...

Ball damage at the ball entrance on the left ramp (left to the Vengeance), of course now that I've seen it I can't unsee it...

Ramp reference: https://www.stern-spareparts.de/stern-pinball/spielfeldteile/spielfeldplastics/stern-pinball-flipper-plastikrampe-links-star-trek-le-510-7459-00_1535_1339

But... no in stock anywhere.

Anyone would have a pointer ?

Cheers !

#10534 1 year ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Anyone would have a pointer ?

Afaik, Stern themselves are the only source for most games

#10535 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Afaik, Stern themselves are the only source for most games

Stern won't sell parts to anyone other than a distributor.

#10536 1 year ago
Quoted from Ramzr1:

Hi everyone, does anyone know where I can find a cpu for a Star Trek LE (520-5352-01) or perhaps if someone would be able to repair one.
The problem is I have no sound but other than that the game runs and plays just fine.

Ramzr1
Thanks for sending the board. All taken care of.
Repair video:

--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.ChrisHiblerPinball.com/Contact
https://www.youtube.com/c/ChrisHiblerPinball
http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

#10537 1 year ago
Quoted from izzymonkey:

My vault edition ST Pro has a rubber + a screw in the playfield at that spot. I haven't ever tweaked them. If my game is good & level, the ball rarely gets hung up there (but it can happen.)

Oh that's great, can you send a pictue of it please?

#10538 1 year ago

Have been watching Picard: Season 3 on HBO Max and really enjoying it. Haven't really been into Star Trek since Next Generation back in my twenties and it's like seeing old friends on screen again. Never thought these old actors would come out of retirement to do another series, it's been fun to watch. Data is my favorite character, of course. Making me want to take my STLE out of storage and play it again!

https://www.cnet.com/tech/services-and-software/star-trek-picard-how-to-watch-and-where-to-stream-season-3/

#10540 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

HBO max?
Paramount+

Yes, Paramount+ on Amazon Prime…not HBO

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#10541 1 year ago
Quoted from joostproost:

Oh that's great, can you send a pictue of it please?

STPro_Playfield01 (resized).jpgSTPro_Playfield01 (resized).jpgSTPro_Playfield02 (resized).jpgSTPro_Playfield02 (resized).jpg
#10542 1 year ago

...aaand the dreaded warp ramp opto craziness has started up again.

Replaced the opto receiver and transmitter most recently. Had already swapped the little opto board.

*Sigh*

#10543 1 year ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

...aaand the dreaded warp ramp opto craziness has started up again.
Replaced the opto receiver and transmitter most recently. Had already swapped the little opto board.
*Sigh*

yeah; that sucks. Do you have the ability to skillfully replace Q4?

#10544 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

yeah; that sucks. Do you have the ability to skillfully replace Q4?

Cheers, I believe so... I previously replaced the transistor that controlled the orbit gate (Q... 26 maybe? Can't recall the exact number right now) without incident, so I might give that a shot... Have to grab the right replacement transistor first.

Before I try that I might try realigning the optos first... Maybe when I replaced them, I didn't... QUITE align them perfectly(?)...

I also want to try disconnecting or switching a bunch of my mods to non -cabinet power to see if that helps... There was a thread that suggested that excessive power draw during multiball could be lowering power to the optos just enough for it to have intermittent contact.

(Thanks kindly!)

#10545 1 year ago

First; I'd swap two opto amp drive board to see if the problem goes away.
IE assuming Warp ramp is doing the warp ramp shuffle... I'd swap it with something completely unrelated.

The design of the amp and optos is really dumb; very sensitive to resistor and component tolerances.

1 week later
#10546 11 months ago

Any idea where I can get a middle ramp for a stern Star Trek pro?

Also, looking for a right side backbox decal for same game.

#10547 11 months ago

The only source for Ramps and Art is Stern Pinball.

#10548 11 months ago

Sooooo, I've been mostly offline past couple years, retiring, moving/downsizing, ect,,, but I have not been totally on a pin diet.

My contribution.. I added an STPro to my lineup that I got from a fellow New England'r. I shopped it out, replaced a few plastics, added a few mods and a shaker kit and Color DMD to it.

I have the 4th Star Trek (Bally) still in my 'to be restored' queue. It's really bad and I need to repaint and stencil a replacement cab for it before I start on the electronics/playfield restore. I'll have a separate thread for that.
StarTrekx3 (resized).jpgStarTrekx3 (resized).jpg

#10549 11 months ago
Quoted from Patofnaud:

Sooooo, I've been mostly offline past couple years, retiring, moving/downsizing, ect,,, but I have not been totally on a pin diet.
My contribution.. I added an STPro to my lineup that I got from a fellow New England'r. I shopped it out, replaced a few plastics, added a few mods and a shaker kit and Color DMD to it.
I have the 4th Star Trek (Bally) still in my 'to be restored' queue. It's really bad and I need to repaint and stencil a replacement cab for it before I start on the electronics/playfield restore. I'll have a separate thread for that.
[quoted image]

ST is looking good. I see that T2 peeking out too . I have both of those in my lineup.

#10550 11 months ago

Hey, no peeking.

Seeing you did, here is my current lineup. Some day wh I get the Bally ST done I'll have to move a machine to the opposite wall so I can keep all 4 ST's together.

LineUp_2023 (resized).jpgLineUp_2023 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Ana, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

There are 10,797 posts in this topic. You are on page 211 of 216.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/211?hl=jonnyqtrek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.