Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
DSCN3234 (resized).JPG
There are 10,797 posts in this topic. You are on page 206 of 216.
#10251 2 years ago

Can't forget the speakers!

PXL_20220415_212725090 (resized).jpgPXL_20220415_212725090 (resized).jpgPXL_20220415_224038125 (resized).jpgPXL_20220415_224038125 (resized).jpgPXL_20220415_230056380.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20220415_230056380.MP (resized).jpg
#10253 2 years ago

Love this mod.. wish it was plug n play.. think i am gonna give it a whirl.

#10254 2 years ago

Hi everyone,

Long story short, the siderails on my Star Trek Premium are damaged (well one siderail anyway). Fortunately I do know of someone who can powder coat, provided I provide him with a set of siderails and the color reference... Which is where it starts to be difficult. I understand it's a special powder coat with a glitter effect, anyone would have any reference I could use ?

Also, while I'm at it, I might as well "upgrade" the siderails, anyone would know of a nice siderail design I could buy ?

Cheers

#10255 1 year ago

I have a final set of star trek side rails available on my site. They are promiun versions with black powder coat.

http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/side-rails-star-trek-p-70.html

#10256 1 year ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Hi everyone,
Long story short, the siderails on my Star Trek Premium are damaged (well one siderail anyway). Fortunately I do know of someone who can powder coat, provided I provide him with a set of siderails and the color reference... Which is where it starts to be difficult. I understand it's a special powder coat with a glitter effect, anyone would have any reference I could use ?
Also, while I'm at it, I might as well "upgrade" the siderails, anyone would know of a nice siderail design I could buy ?
Cheers

Buy another game. Put your ST next to it. Can't see the damaged side rail anymore. Problem solved.

#10257 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I have a final set of star trek side rails available on my site. They are promiun versions with black powder coat.

I forgot about these….excellent option.
Interested only if Ashram56 passes or uses @ectobar’s option. Email sent via the web site.

#10258 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Unless I'm mistaken, I don't see any picture on your website ?

[EDIT] I take it back, pictures did show after a while

I'm located in France, so shipping might be rather high (although when checking on Marco's, they only charge 20 dollars for shipping, which is quite decent)

That said, they seem identical to these:
https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/star-trek-stern/6447/side-rails-for-star-trek-2-piece-set

Cheaper for me to buy them through Pinball Center overall, given that shipping is from within EU to EU

Thanks for the offer though

Regards

#10259 1 year ago

Agreed. Go thru pinball.center for France.

#10260 1 year ago

Got to KM again today almost got there twice in 5 games, doing something right, but I didn’t get a lot of points this time, had too few medals still trying to break 260M points.

#10261 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Got to KM again today almost got there twice in 5 games, doing something right, but I didn’t get a lot of points this time, had too few medals still trying to break 260M points.

Got to EA tonight. Not as exciting as when I had 5 missions completed on level 3 but fun nonetheless.

#10262 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Got to KM again today almost got there twice in 5 games

Quoted from MrMikeman:

Got to EA tonight.

I played Star Trek today. I finished a few first tier modes. Enjoyed myself because I still love playing this game.

#10263 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I played Star Trek today. I finished a few first tier modes. Enjoyed myself because I still love playing this game.

That’s something I love about this game, the modes can have a sense of accomplishment or not. You can fumble around and get through a mode with just one shotor you can be on fire and get a gold medal that makes it so much more satisfying, and rewarding twice when you get extra points at the time as well If you get to the wizard modes and get more point depending on the medals.

#10264 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Love this mod.. wish it was plug n play.. think i am gonna give it a whirl.

Cannot strongly enough recommend. Zitt's nebula mod is one of my favorites.

3 weeks later
#10265 1 year ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Cannot strongly enough recommend. Zitt's nebula mod is one of my favorites.

And Zitt's pop bumper caps are the nicest I have ever seen! Well worth the money!

#10266 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

And Zitt's pop bumper caps are the nicest I have ever seen! Well worth the money!

Thanks. They are just about retired. No full sets left. Only two partial sets left.
http://pinball-mods.com/url/697d15d
When they are gone; they are gone forever.

#10267 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Completely agree. We love them on our Star Trek Premium! Great job Zitt !!

#10269 1 year ago

Can anyone post how the wires to the upper right flipper are supposed to go?

#10270 1 year ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Can anyone post how the wires to the upper right flipper are supposed to go?

20220529_090117 (resized).jpg20220529_090117 (resized).jpg
#10271 1 year ago

Thank you

#10272 1 year ago

Just aquired first one..Bally version.
That and a STTNG are for me.
I do need to do some restoration to the Bally.
Need a transformer if anyone has one.
Greatly appreciate the club and help!!

#10273 1 year ago

Anyone have an extra of this plastic I circled that I might be able to buy?

Screenshot_20220604-205809_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220604-205809_Chrome (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#10274 1 year ago

Good evening

I own a star trek data east 25th Anniversary. The enterprise on the middle playfield has an hole in it. I want to make a new one but the quality of the pictures are to bad to make one from the internet. Is there somebody that can make a sharp picture for me ?

Thanks in advance

IMG-20220621-WA0057 (resized).jpegIMG-20220621-WA0057 (resized).jpeg
#10275 1 year ago

Why not scan what you have and clean it up in Photoshop?

#10276 1 year ago

I am not that handy on photoshop

#10277 1 year ago
Quoted from Fupke123:

Good evening
I own a star trek data east 25th Anniversary. The enterprise on the middle playfield has an hole in it. I want to make a new one but the quality of the pictures are to bad to make one from the internet. Is there somebody that can make a sharp picture for me ?
Thanks in advance
[quoted image]

Looks like some battle scars.

#10278 1 year ago

Good luck! I have the Bally along with a stern trek… stng is on my list. I’ll never part with the Bally. Love it too much

Quoted from FlipperFanatic:

Just aquired first one..Bally version.
That and a STTNG are for me.
I do need to do some restoration to the Bally.
Need a transformer if anyone has one.
Greatly appreciate the club and help!!

84E11434-82EF-4F45-919B-6A09900DF75C (resized).jpeg84E11434-82EF-4F45-919B-6A09900DF75C (resized).jpegC88B9634-63C4-4A8F-9105-690AB7F03053 (resized).jpegC88B9634-63C4-4A8F-9105-690AB7F03053 (resized).jpegD0475061-BC1D-4BB2-9E1D-2FB44DF02429 (resized).jpegD0475061-BC1D-4BB2-9E1D-2FB44DF02429 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#10279 1 year ago

I've noticed on my stern star trek pro that the outline T is lit up from the start of my ball. Tested it and even without hitting the 2 shields, a ball drain down the left outlane returns the ball. I adjusted the switch setting to medium but no avail, still happening. Where do I look to try and see what's causing this issue?

Thanks!

#10280 1 year ago

I'm ready to do a cabinet swap on my DE Star Trek 25th Anniversary. One of my cabinet hinges is bent, it's the smaller ones. I can't find them anywhere. Any suggestions? It's not even listed in the manual under cabinet parts.

#10281 1 year ago

Lots of mold and mouse nests but im bringing her back to life with a new cabinet, head, overlay that will be clearcoated and new prototype(hopefully) BG. If I didn't love pinball I wouldn't be doing this. Every game deserves it

20220628_185640 (resized).jpg20220628_185640 (resized).jpgreceived_1018164339059799 (resized).jpegreceived_1018164339059799 (resized).jpeg
#10282 1 year ago
Quoted from hbk_life:

I've noticed on my stern star trek pro that the outline T is lit up from the start of my ball. Tested it and even without hitting the 2 shields, a ball drain down the left outlane returns the ball. I adjusted the switch setting to medium but no avail, still happening. Where do I look to try and see what's causing this issue?
Thanks!

Pretty sure that's normal. That's at least how it is on my Pro. Just checked. I've never thought about it before you mentioned it, tbh. What makes you think this is an issue? I don't know, but I doubt it's any different for the Prem/LE either, but maybe an owner can chime in.

I also checked through the game settings too and there's nothing that changes this that I could find. There's only one setting for Rescue in the system menu under Adj>Game>#46 Rescue, where you can set the difficulty. I tried all settings and none affected the game starting with rescue active. Pretty sure that setting only changes how many times you need to complete the drop targets to re-enable Rescue(like Klingon Multiball lock targets).

#10283 1 year ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

Pretty sure that's normal. That's at least how it is on my Pro. Just checked. I've never thought about it before you mentioned it, tbh. What makes you think this is an issue? I don't know, but I doubt it's any different for the Prem/LE either, but maybe an owner can chime in.

I also checked through the game settings too and there's nothing that changes this that I could find. There's only one setting for Rescue in the system menu under Adj>Game>#46 Rescue, where you can set the difficulty. I tried all settings and none affected the game starting with rescue active. Pretty sure that setting only changes how many times you need to complete the drop targets to re-enable Rescue(like Klingon Multiball lock targets).

Thanks for the response, yes, it would be good if anyone else with star trek pro can validate it as I feel that makes it a bit too easy? Means you can only drain in the middle or far right outlanes to begin with? Cheers

#10284 1 year ago
Quoted from hbk_life:

Thanks for the response, yes, it would be good if anyone else with star trek pro can validate it as I feel that makes it a bit too easy? Means you can only drain in the middle or far right outlanes to begin with? Cheers

Are you talking about the kickback being lit by default? Sounds like it. If so, yes, that is normal.

Edit: on the premium/LE it’s a kickback. Pro relaunches from the shooter lane, right?

#10285 1 year ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Edit: on the premium/LE it’s a kickback. Pro relaunches from the shooter lane, right?

Correct. And it sucks because it's hard to tell if the T is lit or if it's the rescue that's available. Solid vs blinking light but it doesn't actually blink much when it should. I like the game but hate the Pro lol.

#10286 1 year ago
Quoted from hbk_life:

Maybe there’s a setting in the menu?

#10287 1 year ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Are you talking about the kickback being lit by default? Sounds like it. If so, yes, that is normal.

Thanks for all the responses. Sounds like it's the way it's meant to be then, to have a rescue available from the start and then once used, you needed to then hit the two targets.

#10288 1 year ago

This is odd in PD 2 I hit all of the lit shots mission start lights so I hit that and it says PD 2. Nothing is lit so I hit a couple ramps and then away team and it says PD 2. Nothing is lit and then it drains and it says PD 2 I've hit all the shots and nothing is lit so I don't know what to do has anyone else seen that before.

#10289 1 year ago
Quoted from NoDisclaimer:

This is odd in PD 2 I hit all of the lit shots mission start lights so I hit that and it says PD 2. Nothing is lit so I hit a couple ramps and then away team and it says PD 2. Nothing is lit and then it drains and it says PD 2 I've hit all the shots and nothing is lit so I don't know what to do has anyone else seen that before.

The first thing I would do is a diagnostic check on all the insignia shot LEDs and make sure that none are out and that each mission mode color is displaying correctly for each insert. It could be that one of the RGB boards is dead?

#10290 1 year ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

The first thing I would do is a diagnostic check on all the insignia shot LEDs and make sure that none are out and that each mission mode color is displaying correctly for each insert. It could be that one of the RGB boards is dead?

Thanks I checked all the LEDs and they are working correctly. I just focused on PD2 today and found it doesn't do it all the time. I decided to add 5 seconds to the timer and so far it is working fine. That doesn't happen in any other modes only PD. It's pretty frustrating hitting mission start and it just starts 30 seconds over and over with nothing lit.

#10291 1 year ago

It could be a software problem, I had a problem on my AcDc premium where the bottom PF kicker was constantly firing, we tried everything physical like replace the optos but never could fix it. I reset the game software to default (I had been changing a lot of settings in the menu) and that fixed the problem. However I didn't know all the setting I had changed so was not able to re-create the problem or test it on other machine. It did fix the issue.

#10292 1 year ago

OK, got a bit of a mystery for you folks.

I've noticed for a long time(yes just decided to ask about it now) that flasher #27(Center 3 Bank) will stay lit constantly when the machine is powered on and the coin door is closed. I can do the flasher test with door close and tell that it is flashing(gets just a bit brighter during the flash), but it never turns off when not flashing. If I open the coin door(or turn off the machine), the flasher will slowly dissipate over about 30-40sec until it finally goes out. It's the only light on the machine that does this.

I just don't know where to begin to look under the hood and what to try out, or why this is happening. Looking for any clues for the why that might lead to how to fix.

#10293 1 year ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

OK, got a bit of a mystery for you folks.
I've noticed for a long time(yes just decided to ask about it now) that flasher #27(Center 3 Bank) will stay lit constantly when the machine is powered on and the coin door is closed. I can do the flasher test with door close and tell that it is flashing(gets just a bit brighter during the flash), but it never turns off when not flashing. If I open the coin door(or turn off the machine), the flasher will slowly dissipate over about 30-40sec until it finally goes out. It's the only light on the machine that does this.
I just don't know where to begin to look under the hood and what to try out, or why this is happening. Looking for any clues for the why that might lead to how to fix.

#10294 1 year ago

I would try swapping that flasher with an identical flasher in the game. If it acts the same way in it's new spot then replace it.
However if it acts good in the new spot and If the new bulb back at the old problem spot is now acting up then you can at least determine if you have a bulb problem or not.

#10295 1 year ago
Quoted from NoDisclaimer:

I'm betting you still needed to hit the Warp ramp.
PD 2&3 are hit every shot once.
The Warp ramp isn't very noticeable when lit. There's a mod that helps with this. It's a plastic backing for the insignia which makes it much more noticeable when lit.
You can't time out level 2&3 modes. You have to complete them.

#10296 1 year ago
Quoted from ectobar:

The Warp ramp isn't very noticeable when lit. There's a mod that helps with this. It's a plastic backing for the insignia which makes it much more noticeable when lit.

That’s probably what it is. It’s too bad the warp light is not that noticeable even with the diffuser it could still be better.

#10297 1 year ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Thanks that's what it probably is I didn't think warp ramp was a must hit. I should get the defuser cause I'm half blind.

#10298 1 year ago
Quoted from FugTM:

I would try swapping that flasher with an identical flasher in the game. If it acts the same way in it's new spot then replace it.
However if it acts good in the new spot and If the new bulb back at the old problem spot is now acting up then you can at least determine if you have a bulb problem or not.

Good suggestion, but unfortunately that wasn't the issue.

The socket wiring looks solid too. Nothing abnormal there. I have a tough time trying to trace the wiring anywhere as it easily gets lost in the loom. Why this one flasher is somehow turning on when the 50v/20v power is restored is lost on me. Yet it will still receive the flash pulse too. I don't know if this problem extends all the way back to one of the mainboards in the backbox and something is going on there.

If it means anything, I have one of those custom LED backbox boards from the Refinery that was especially made for Aurich's translite. I believe it gets powered from one of the mainboards, and I noticed that some of the LEDs on that board display the same thing(long time to dissipate when turning off the machine) as the flasher.

#10299 1 year ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

Good suggestion, but unfortunately that wasn't the issue.
The socket wiring looks solid too. Nothing abnormal there. I have a tough time trying to trace the wiring anywhere as it easily gets lost in the loom. Why this one flasher is somehow turning on when the 50v/20v power is restored is lost on me. Yet it will still receive the flash pulse too. I don't know if this problem extends all the way back to one of the mainboards in the backbox and something is going on there.
If it means anything, I have one of those custom LED backbox boards from the Refinery that was especially made for Aurich's translite. I believe it gets powered from one of the mainboards, and I noticed that some of the LEDs on that board display the same thing(long time to dissipate when turning off the machine) as the flasher.

I also have the Aurich package and while I do not have the custom backbox boards you have, I know exactly what you mean, I have debated getting them myself. I can tell you that some LEDS fade slowly when powered off and I am not just talking about pinball machines, I have some shop lights that do that and they've done it since they were new but they work fine so I didn't care. As for the pulse coming in, that's the real mystery here. I guess if it was bothering me enough, I would next try removing that custom backbox board set and going back to stock to see if the problem persists..... if it is all better then you have your answer, if there is no change then at least you have eliminated that from your list of possible suspects. Having said that, the problem would have to really annoy me to make me take such action. I am a firm believer in the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it school". I've seen people screw up a game really bad trying to fix the simplest annoyance...I think I've done it more than once myself. Be careful!

#10300 1 year ago
Quoted from FugTM:

I also have the Aurich package and while I do not have the custom backbox boards you have, I know exactly what you mean, I have debated getting them myself. I can tell you that some LEDS fade slowly when powered off and I am not just talking about pinball machines, I have some shop lights that do that and they've done it since they were new but they work fine so I didn't care. As for the pulse coming in, that's the real mystery here. I guess if it was bothering me enough, I would next try removing that custom backbox board set and going back to stock to see if the problem persists..... if it is all better then you have your answer, if there is no change then at least you have eliminated that from your list of possible suspects. Having said that, the problem would have to really annoy me to make me take such action. I am a firm believer in the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it school". I've seen people screw up a game really bad trying to fix the simplest annoyance...I think I've done it more than once myself. Be careful!

Yup, that was my next move. Remove the LED board and see what's what. It's been awhile since I've pulled it off and can't remember all the connections it piggybacks off of, if it's more than one, but I bet one of them intercepts the signal going to that flasher.

I hear you on the 'if it ain't broke..." sentiment. This has been a quark for years and it's only ever been just a very minor "annoyance" mostly because of my mild OCD on things just not working as they should, lol. More of a curiosity as it seems so specific. I had forgotten about the LED backboard part of the equation for some time so it does seem to make sense that it has something to do with it. So I'll just have to fiddle and poke around back there carefully and see if I can figure it out without making it worse.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 64.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gilbert, AZ
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.95
$ 11.00
Playfield - Decals
RGP Models

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,797 posts in this topic. You are on page 206 of 216.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/206?hl=smp14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.