7F9AB82F-9D3E-4913-A873-BC41DC20A471 (resized).jpeg
1E5F0717-2377-4CDA-A212-4F95406345F9 (resized).jpeg
43D992F8-C321-4111-B587-6FCB9F2FEE4C (resized).jpeg
F63605F6-A283-483B-AB1E-724D55C4F292 (resized).jpeg
C0DD0A83-57FC-457F-9704-E7498C2D7D7E (resized).jpeg
45B61254-1DCF-4D6C-8D6B-95F1239F8F92 (resized).png
43F40F00-BF12-4BCC-B672-BB907A3B86CD (resized).png
0E0451D3-7707-4EFA-8EE2-11D2368E5FE8 (resized).png

There are 10,264 posts in this topic. You are on page 202 of 206.
#10051 4 months ago
Quoted from Fifty:

I wanted to avoid buying every plastic. It's just a waste. I wouldn't use 3/4 of them. Plus it's $200USD before shipping.

Are you talking about the explosion looking plastic? If so and you can't find a plastic, mezelmods makes a lighted mod that goes there you might consider.

https://mezelmods.com/collections/star-trek-pinball-mods/products/star-trek-pinball-vengeance-explosion?variant=510580073

#10052 4 months ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Hi everyone. Couple of newbie owner questions for everyone.
1) Should the Vengeance ship be tilted or level? Mine seems to be drooping down on the right side.
2) Does anyone have the -56 plastic that fits under the Vengeance ship? Looking to replace mine. Let me know cost and shipping. Please keep in mind I'm in Canada, but you can just use letter mail.
Pic
[quoted image]
Thank you!

I should have that plastic, as I removed mine for the mod mentioned above. I might have an extra one of those mods actually too (long story) I'll try to check tomorrow and see if I still have them

#10053 4 months ago

I added a LED sign from Etsy as a topper.

Star Trek Topper01 (resized).jpgStar Trek Topper05 (resized).jpg
#10054 4 months ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

I should have that plastic, as I removed mine for the mod mentioned above. I might have an extra one of those mods actually too (long story) I'll try to check tomorrow and see if I still have them

Thank you. Let me know what you find.

#10055 4 months ago

Anyone else snapping their flipper bracket screws below the coil stops? I’ve had to replace two flipper brackets. I’m wondering why the screws are snapping. Maybe I could turn down the flipper power, but don’t want to.

#10056 4 months ago

I've had zero problems with the STLE flippers outside of substandard coil stops.
You should turn down your power even though you don't want to

#10057 4 months ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I've had zero problems with the STLE flippers outside of substandard coil stops.
You should turn down your power even though you don't want to

The power seems standard and not set to high. I've snapped screws on the bottom left flipper three times and the upper right once. Twice I was unable to get the screw out and had to replace the bracket. This is the only Stern game I've owned that's done this.

#10058 4 months ago

I'm joining the club with a pro later this week and curious if anyone has the aurich art package uninstalled that they'd sell to me?

Thanks!

#10059 4 months ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I'm joining the club with a pro later this week and curious if anyone has the aurich art package uninstalled that they'd sell to me?
Thanks!

It was about 2 years ago when I asked the same question. Someone advised me to pm him here on this forum, I did. He replied and told me he was doing a new run I got one of them. For all I know he may have a few more....it's worth a pm to him to find out.

#10060 4 months ago

Having a new problem... the vengeance often will not return to its normal position after you beat it up. Seems to be a friction/alignment issue, because I confirmed that the latch fires and that if I put half an ounce of pressure on the front of it with my hand itll pop back up, so seems like the mechanicals are working properly and its just rubbing on something.

Ive tried lubing up the pins/retaining clips on both sides of that track that it travels on, but hasnt seemed to help. Any other suggestions to align it better or things I can try lubricating or tightening so that it pops back to life?

#10061 4 months ago
Quoted from FugTM:

It was about 2 years ago when I asked the same question. Someone advised me to pm him here on this forum, I did. He replied and told me he was doing a new run I got one of them. For all I know he may have a few more....it's worth a pm to him to find out.

I did and I guess he's no longer producing these art packages due to some stern pressure. Looks like I missed the boat unfortunately

#10062 4 months ago

I was watching this guy play Star Trek on his virtual pin with video clips from the movie and I had an idea for a mod:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=RbSOnMGeFTg&t=35m20s

If there's a way to grab the DMD image signal (presumably this is possible as Color DMD exists so it's not encrypted) and import it into a small computer such as a Raspberry PI, in theory there could be a mod that replaces the translite with a monitor that plays video clips related to what's happening in the game? (If you don't want to replace your translite it could be a smaller monitor on the playfield, or apron, on a topper etc.)

Am I crazy or is this a pretty cool idea that could work on any DMD game? Has this been done before?

#10063 4 months ago

... I imagine it would be possible to mod a DMD Extender from https://drpinball.co.uk/ to trigger video clips based on comparing the DMD image with stored screenshots.

#10064 4 months ago
Quoted from trk12fire:

The power seems standard and not set to high. I've snapped screws on the bottom left flipper three times and the upper right once. Twice I was unable to get the screw out and had to replace the bracket. This is the only Stern game I've owned that's done this.

I have had the same issue this past weekend. My game is a vault edition with less than 2000 plays. I had to drill out the old bolt and replaced with stainless. I’m gonna change them all out.

27CBD21E-2853-40B7-A2CD-B4649F8400F9 (resized).jpeg354C671E-8A09-4C45-8ADA-E5B73ECD5C6F (resized).jpeg42A8D572-D68A-4748-9E6F-E851C47E61F3 (resized).jpeg4BEFD2CE-1BFF-46AE-B536-08874EB9E1E3 (resized).jpegB5152DE8-431D-453C-9A07-A54C529C8B8A (resized).jpegBF06F820-17AA-406C-865B-981807C060F4 (resized).jpegC8745116-CC70-49A8-9A53-3D5A171D68E8 (resized).jpeg
#10065 4 months ago
Quoted from trk12fire:

Anyone else snapping their flipper bracket screws below the coil stops? I’ve had to replace two flipper brackets. I’m wondering why the screws are snapping. Maybe I could turn down the flipper power, but don’t want to.

The bolts appear to be made of aluminum.

#10066 4 months ago
Quoted from Knotatwork:

The bolts appear to be made of aluminum.

Nah; knowing stern; they were probably cost reduced and purchased in bulk from someone china with no "grade" specification.
They probably are the cheapest form of steel you can get.
Replacing them with stainless would probably be a significant step up. On the plus side; it should make drilling out the broken thread easier.
Maybe use an Easy out.
I used something like this in the past:
amazon.com link »
but the set I have is really garbage. Already broke the two smallest sets. Maybe someone will have a better suggestion for a higher quality product.

#10067 4 months ago

What coil stops are people replacing the Stern ones with? Putting in a Pinball Life order, anyone have a link, I see several on there?

#10068 4 months ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

What coil stops are people replacing the Stern ones with? Putting in a Pinball Life order, anyone have a link, I see several on there?

I haven’t had a problem with Pinball Life coil stops. There is only one recommended for your machine

#10069 4 months ago

The problem with purchasing different screws is that they are a special molding screw. The local hardware store doesn’t carry them (I can’t find them). I’ve bought screws that are close, but don’t thread in correctly. I ordered replacements from Pinball Life, but I can’t remember if I’ve tried those yet or not.

I meant to link to Zitt

#10070 4 months ago
Quoted from trk12fire:

I haven’t had a problem with Pinball Life coil stops. There is only one recommended for your machine

I guess my question is are these the exact same ones Stern uses or are they higher quality?

https://www.pinballlife.com/flipper-coil-stop-for-sternsega.html

#10071 4 months ago

I guess my question is are these the exact same ones Stern uses or are they higher quality?
https://www.pinballlife.com/flipper-coil-stop-for-sternsega.html

I believe they’re different, because I haven’t had any fail yet. Additionally, I haven’t noticed any gold dust in the cabinet from the coil stops falling apart.

#10072 4 months ago

When I bought them a couple of years ago; they were not Stern knockoffs.
They were higher quality with high ?carbon? steel coil "stops". The brackets were still made of a mild steel; but the actual stop is clearly not brass or whatever Stern uses in their crap.

#10073 4 months ago

Back in the club this time with the Stern release. Wasn't there someone selling blue insignia pingulps somewhere?

PXL_20220107_003719052 (resized).jpg
#10074 4 months ago
Quoted from luckycreature:

Back in the club this time with the Stern release. Wasn't there someone selling blue insignia pingulps somewhere?
[quoted image]

Nice!

#10075 4 months ago
Quoted from wtfbliz:

Having a new problem... the vengeance often will not return to its normal position after you beat it up. Seems to be a friction/alignment issue, because I confirmed that the latch fires and that if I put half an ounce of pressure on the front of it with my hand itll pop back up, so seems like the mechanicals are working properly and its just rubbing on something.
Ive tried lubing up the pins/retaining clips on both sides of that track that it travels on, but hasnt seemed to help. Any other suggestions to align it better or things I can try lubricating or tightening so that it pops back to life?

I had a problem with the vengeance not staying down after you beat it up. I solved that by adding some slack to the cables on the alpha ramp side. Maybe look at that?

#10076 4 months ago

Just picked up a Pro and still in the process of tweaking it. On that note, has anyone modified the left ball guide coming out of the left eject scoop? I'm not getting consistent feeds from that scoop to the left flipper and the coil is at full power. I'm thinking I could lightly bend the end of that metal ball guide near the scoop to help the eject angle hit the left flipper instead of sometimes hitting the top of the sling.

Has anyone tweaked that ball guide or done other things to help facilitate a consistent feed?

#10077 4 months ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Just picked up a Pro and still in the process of tweaking it. On that note, has anyone modified the left ball guide coming out of the left eject scoop? I'm not getting consistent feeds from that scoop to the left flipper and the coil is at full power. I'm thinking I could lightly bend the end of that metal ball guide near the scoop to help the eject angle hit the left flipper instead of sometimes hitting the top of the sling.
Has anyone tweaked that ball guide or done other things to help facilitate a consistent feed?

Ah, the mythical pro with a consistent feed. I've heard legend that they exist, but I've still yet to ever encounter one.

On a serious note, this has definitely been discussed in this thread. Not sure what the answer is but I'm guessing someone here can at least help you get it to be more consistent.

#10078 4 months ago

Mod Father

https://modfatherpinball.com/collections/star-trek

st_silver_1024x1024 (resized).jpg

#10079 4 months ago

I'm hoping to join the club in the next month. I need to wait a couple weeks, then I'll be on the lookout for a Star Trek Pro. It will also be my first pinball too. I'm looking forward to it. Well, except for the likely long drive to pick one up. lol

#10080 4 months ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I thought the answer to this was to put a small piece of the fuzzy side of velcro on the roof of that scoop.. it supposedly deadened the kick out a bit.

#10081 4 months ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

I thought the answer to this was to put a small piece of the fuzzy side of velcro on the roof of that scoop.. it supposedly deadened the kick out a bit.

I need the kickout to be full strength for sure...any less power and the kickout is consistently worse (i.e. into the top of the sling). I just carefully bent the end of the metal ball guide on the left side of the scoop exit to try to direct the ball more towards the flipper and away from the top of the scoop. It definitely improved the kickout for sure. I'll keep tweaking

#10083 4 months ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I need the kickout to be full strength for sure...any less power and the kickout is consistently worse (i.e. into the top of the sling). I just carefully bent the end of the metal ball guide on the left side of the scoop exit to try to direct the ball more towards the flipper and away from the top of the scoop. It definitely improved the kickout for sure. I'll keep tweaking

Its very dependent on the state of the playfield or if other things are popping off at the same time or the shaker motor is going... I get inconsistent feeds when the playfield isnt freshly waxed. For a month or so after I waxed, it would feed directly to the warp flipper prob 90% of the time

#10084 4 months ago

Hey guys, just joined the club today with a 2019 vault pro.

This is my first SAM game. Can somebody tell me how to change the volume? Settings are a little different than the newer games. Also, is there a way to change trough eject power, and auto plunge power? Didn't see those settings either in the menu.

Thank you

#10085 4 months ago
Quoted from JakePG:

Hey guys, just joined the club today with a 2019 vault pro.
This is my first SAM game. Can somebody tell me how to change the volume? Settings are a little different than the newer games. Also, is there a way to change trough eject power, and auto plunge power? Didn't see those settings either in the menu.
Thank you

Volume is inside behind the coin door. There is a setting called coil pulse power. They all adjust together. I have mine set to low and I can still hit all the shots perfectly.

#10086 4 months ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Volume is inside behind the coin door. There is a setting called coil pulse power. They all adjust together. I have mine set to low and I can still hit all the shots perfectly.

Perfect, thank you

#10087 4 months ago
Quoted from RedGreen:

I'm hoping to join the club in the next month. I need to wait a couple weeks, then I'll be on the lookout for a Star Trek Pro. It will also be my first pinball too. I'm looking forward to it. Well, except for the likely long drive to pick one up. lol

I just grabbed mine from a northern suburb of atlanta. Sorry to take one that was close to you.

#10088 3 months ago

Hi Guys, Re-joined the club today after a few years. Just having very noisy flippers, specially upper one. Any tricks or suggestions to minimise it? 80FA028E-8E95-44B0-80FD-B055D04246AC (resized).jpeg

#10089 3 months ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Hi Guys, Re-joined the club today after a few years. Just having very noisy flippers, specially upper one. Any tricks or suggestions to minimise it? [quoted image]

Standard ask but a new coil stop, sleeves, springs, and adjust gap all did not work?

#10090 3 months ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Standard ask but a new coil stop, sleeves, springs, and adjust gap all did not work?

Game has about 200 games so all like new. What you mean by adjust gap?

#10091 3 months ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Coil stops fail even on new machines. If you can see dust in cabinet and if you touch the coilstop with your finger and if feels loose, you sure need a new one.

Adjust gap of Eos. But my St premium doesn't has an Eos on upper flipper.

#10092 3 months ago
Quoted from TrekTobbyGermany:Coil stops fail even on new machines

This is correct.
Stems coil stops from this era are known Garbage.

#10093 3 months ago
Quoted from RPZ:

in this instance the gap i am referring to is the business card thick gap on the flipper bat and the bushing on the playfield side. There should be a slight up/down play when you grab the bat and lift and press. If reassembled too tight, can be problematic.

#10094 3 months ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

in this instance the gap i am referring to is the business card thick gap on the flipper bat and the bushing on the playfield side. There should be a slight up/down play when you grab the bat and lift and press. If reassembled too tight, can be problematic.

Thanks! I’ll see how I go

#10095 3 months ago

Is there a reason why sometimes I can't use the lit torpedos to shoot the Vengence? I push the action button and nothing happens. Later in the game they do fire. I am using the latest code. Thanks.

#10096 3 months ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Is there a reason why sometimes I can't use the lit torpedos to shoot the Vengence? I push the action button and nothing happens. Later in the game they do fire. I am using the latest code. Thanks.

I think they should fire if lit. Check the leaf switch under the action button.

#10097 3 months ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Same thing happens on mine. I just assumed you weren't allowed to use them on the Vengeance.

#10098 3 months ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Same thing happens on mine. I just assumed you weren't allowed to use them on the Vengeance.

My understanding as well.
You can use torpedos before the first vengeance mode; thru the first mode; and up to the second... but you cannot use it during the second vengeance mode.
I believe during the second mode; the torpedo lights are off.

#10099 3 months ago
Quoted from Zitt:

My understanding as well.
You can use torpedos before the first vengeance mode; thru the first mode; and up to the second... but you cannot use it during the second vengeance mode.
I believe during the second mode; the torpedo lights are off.

Yes, that's right. If they aren't lit, you can't use them. That's while second and third vengeance mode. If lit, you can use them to enable modes... Otherwise there is a mechanical issue.

#10100 3 months ago

My torpedo lights are on and I can't fire. The button works and then it doesn't. Should not be a mechanical issue. I usually fire right away then later when there are more torpedos, they will not fire. A few minutes later they do fire.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Machine - For Sale
Blaine, TN
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
There are 10,264 posts in this topic. You are on page 202 of 206.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!