PXL_20240127_043801582.MP (resized).jpg
Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
There are 10,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 201 of 217.
#10001 2 years ago
Quoted from wtfbliz:

Has anyone ever tried to rig something up where speaker LEDs would change color to match the current mission?

Talk to Steve at MI Pinball Refinery, he makes a custom LED speaker light kit that fully interactive with the machine, he also has the undercab lighting too. I have it on mine

#10002 2 years ago
Quoted from wtfbliz:

Right now I have one of those cheap remote control multicolor LEDs behind the speakers.
Has anyone ever tried to rig something up where speaker LEDs would change color to match the current mission? Not sure what the wiring would look like or where would be the best place to tap in to get the signal of what color to be.
Thoughts?

It was done by a couple of people, I think one guy offered it as a kit but it was a little more than most wanted to pay at the time.

#10003 2 years ago
Quoted from wtfbliz:

Right now I have one of those cheap remote control multicolor LEDs behind the speakers.
Has anyone ever tried to rig something up where speaker LEDs would change color to match the current mission? Not sure what the wiring would look like or where would be the best place to tap in to get the signal of what color to be.
Thoughts?

I've been thinking about it. Best place would be the mission insert, but it's not straightforward to snoop the control bus on a Premium. On a Pro if I recall these are simple insert, so it's relatively easy to monitor through an arduino

#10004 2 years ago
Quoted from wtfbliz:

Thoughts?

Does the lockdown bar button change with the mode selected?

#10005 2 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

99% sure all the RGB LEDs including the lock down button change with the mode selection Doug.

#10006 2 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

It flashes the color for a few seconds, then it flashes red, then it turns off, so not sure tapping in there would be a reliable way to go.

#10007 2 years ago

What about tapping into the apron lights on the premium/le?

#10008 2 years ago
Quoted from wtfbliz:

It flashes the color for a few seconds, then it flashes red, then it turns off, so not sure tapping in there would be a reliable way to go.

I didn't really know how the button reacted, but I thought it may behave something like that.

There was a DIY thread showing how one user used the RGB info from the lockdown button on Game of Thrones to control some undercab lighting he had added. I'm not sure if the button is wired the same in a SAM game oppose to a SPIKE system game. His DIY work did quite well on GoT, but I believe I heard the way the button lit up changed with the last GoT update and botched it a bit.

#10009 2 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

My center insert boards (photons, missions and captain’s chair) stopped working the other day. This has happened numerous times over the past few years. Reseating the cables or squeezing the boards tightly together has always solved the issue in the past, but not this time.
Three boards will momentarily illuminate when the game powers up or when the cable is removed and reinserted but then they go dead again. The red led on the Mission board which is the one connected by the cable strobes normally which I believe means it’s getting power, but I’m not sure about that.
Anyone have thoughts about what is wrong here?
[quoted image]

Finally got a chance to noodle around on this. I removed the mission led board to look at it. The cat5 connector jacks are through mounted and the solder looked fine. I started thinking that maybe one of the tiny surface mounted chips could be the issue but the leads are way too tiny to work on with a standard soldering station. Then I remembered a trick I learned when repairing an old laptop with a graphics chip that had come partially unsoldered. Basically, you create a simple heat shield with a double layer of aluminum foil and cut a little window in it to expose the component you want to work on. Then take your heat gun and heat the exposed component just long enough to reflow the solder. You can roughly figure this out by placing a bit of thin solder on a scrap of foil and heat it with the heat gun while counting until it melts. In my case, I set the heat gun to 650F and applied heat for exactly twenty seconds. I did this for each little chip on the board. Then I walked away and let it cool completely. An hour later, I put it back in the game and…voila! All fixed

#10010 2 years ago

Good work on that and thanks for updating!

#10011 2 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Finally got a chance to noodle around on this. I removed the mission led board to look at it. The cat5 connector jacks are through mounted and the solder looked fine. I started thinking that maybe one of the tiny surface mounted chips could be the issue but the leads are way too tiny to work on with a standard soldering station. Then I remembered a trick I learned when repairing an old laptop with a graphics chip that had come partially unsoldered. Basically, you create a simple heat shield with a double layer of aluminum foil and cut a little window in it to expose the component you want to work on. Then take your heat gun and heat the exposed component just long enough to reflow the solder. You can roughly figure this out by placing a bit of thin solder on a scrap of foil and heat it with the heat gun while counting until it melts. In my case, I set the heat gun to 650F and applied heat for exactly twenty seconds. I did this for each little chip on the board. Then I walked away and let it cool completely. An hour later, I put it back in the game and…voila! All fixed

Would love to see a video of you using that technique.

#10012 2 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I didn't really know how the button reacted, but I thought it may behave something like that.
There was a DIY thread showing how one user used the RGB info from the lockdown button on Game of Thrones to control some undercab lighting he had added. I'm not sure if the button is wired the same in a SAM game oppose to a SPIKE system game. His DIY work did quite well on GoT, but I believe I heard the way the button lit up changed with the last GoT update and botched it a bit.

Doug which speaker light kit of yours would work on the LEs for Star Trek?

#10013 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Doug which speaker light kit of yours would work on the LEs for Star Trek?

Star Trek LE would use a type 9 light kit:

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Type-9.html

Go to www.SpeakerLightKits.com
Select "Speaker Light Kits" on the left or bottom of any page.
Select the game you would like the light kit for: "Star Trek (Stern:LE)" in your case.
Then it will take you to the webpage with details on what your light kit options are for that game.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#10014 2 years ago

I have a Stern Star Trek pro running 1.61 code. Is 1.62 worth putting in? Thanks.

#10015 2 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I have a Stern Star Trek pro running 1.61 code. Is 1.62 worth putting in? Thanks.

Personally, any time they change / fix modes, I think it is a must have. So I would say it is time to update.

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/ST_PRO_162-readme.txt

V1.62 - June 5, 2018
=======================

- Fixed a presentation issue where solid shot lights in Destroy the Drill II were showing when they weren't available.
Now, all available shots blink including the roving 2X shot.
- Fixed an issue in Nero II where shots/lights were not being displayed correctly. This only occurred during multi-player games.
- Fixed an issue in Mode Select where mode select would not show up quickly between balls. This occurred during multi-player games.
- Fixed an issue in Kobayashi Maru where double scoring was timing out due to the presentation length of Kobayashi Maru.
- Fixed an issue in Kobayashi Maru where the background music was missing.
- Added sound FX and a longer light show presentation for the final shot in Kobayashi Maru.
- Fixed a problem if you Drill Down 3 deep in a mode, i.e play Destroy the Drill I, II, III. . When you get through the
last III mode, you could get robbed out of the second/third wizard mode (Enterprise Amok Multiball would not start,
and, if you made it to Five Year Mission, the game would instead start Enterprise Amok Multiball. After the last
wizard mode you couldn't start any modes for the rest of the game. It could also crash the game while in this state.
- Fixed an issue in Nero II where the shot count was not properly shown when interrupted by other modes/events.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the Magnet to ignore the "disabled" adjustment.

- Added audit for total number of one, two, three, and four players games that have been played.
- Added USA_12 Coinage 1/$0.25, 5/$1.00
- Added Sweden_3 credit pricing 1 credit for 10 Kr.
- Updated Norway coin door to 1/5/10/20 Kr for left/center/right/4th slot.
- Updated Sweden coin door to 1/5/10/2 Kr for left/center/right/4th slot.
- Updated Sweden dip switch setting default to Sweden_3 pricing.
- Updated Switzerland dip switch setting default to Switzerland_3 pricing.
- Updated UK dip switch setting default to UK_4 pricing.
- Added China Dip Switch setting (28 00111000) and currency, pricing, overrides, redemption, tournament, novelty, etc setting.
- Fixed an issue with replay score computation.
- Added ticket dispenser type "TICKETLESS".
- Added ticket dispenser motor rest time between ticket dispenses (AD_TICKET_DISPENSER_REST_TIME_MS) - default is 0 ms.
- Added ticket dispenser retries (AD_TICKET_DISPENSE_RETRIES) - if the ticket notch switch is not seen after a dispense, the system will retry
- AD_TICKET_DISPENSE_RETRIES times to dispense a ticket before marking the ticket dispenser as "jammed". AD_TICKET_DISPENSE_RETRIES default is 0.
- Fixed an issue where the ticket dispenser was still enabled after uninstalling redemption settings.
- Added timed game options to the redemption system.
- Added default redemption settings to the system for each country (DIP) install.

#10016 2 years ago

A couple questions for ST Pro veterans out there. I've only had the game for a couple months.

1) When in a mode, and after hitting a lit shot, AWAY TEAM is lit. What is the benefit of making the AWAY TEAM shot?
2) Combos. I understand what they are, but how do you get 20-30 of them in a row? Is this done using multiballs?

#10017 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Personally, any time they change / fix modes, I think it is a must have. So I would say it is time to update.
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/ST_PRO_162-readme.txt
V1.62 - June 5, 2018
=======================
- Fixed a presentation issue where solid shot lights in Destroy the Drill II were showing when they weren't available.
Now, all available shots blink including the roving 2X shot.
- Fixed an issue in Nero II where shots/lights were not being displayed correctly. This only occurred during multi-player games.
- Fixed an issue in Mode Select where mode select would not show up quickly between balls. This occurred during multi-player games.
- Fixed an issue in Kobayashi Maru where double scoring was timing out due to the presentation length of Kobayashi Maru.
- Fixed an issue in Kobayashi Maru where the background music was missing.
- Added sound FX and a longer light show presentation for the final shot in Kobayashi Maru.
- Fixed a problem if you Drill Down 3 deep in a mode, i.e play Destroy the Drill I, II, III. . When you get through the
last III mode, you could get robbed out of the second/third wizard mode (Enterprise Amok Multiball would not start,
and, if you made it to Five Year Mission, the game would instead start Enterprise Amok Multiball. After the last
wizard mode you couldn't start any modes for the rest of the game. It could also crash the game while in this state.
- Fixed an issue in Nero II where the shot count was not properly shown when interrupted by other modes/events.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the Magnet to ignore the "disabled" adjustment.
- Added audit for total number of one, two, three, and four players games that have been played.
- Added USA_12 Coinage 1/$0.25, 5/$1.00
- Added Sweden_3 credit pricing 1 credit for 10 Kr.
- Updated Norway coin door to 1/5/10/20 Kr for left/center/right/4th slot.
- Updated Sweden coin door to 1/5/10/2 Kr for left/center/right/4th slot.
- Updated Sweden dip switch setting default to Sweden_3 pricing.
- Updated Switzerland dip switch setting default to Switzerland_3 pricing.
- Updated UK dip switch setting default to UK_4 pricing.
- Added China Dip Switch setting (28 00111000) and currency, pricing, overrides, redemption, tournament, novelty, etc setting.
- Fixed an issue with replay score computation.
- Added ticket dispenser type "TICKETLESS".
- Added ticket dispenser motor rest time between ticket dispenses (AD_TICKET_DISPENSER_REST_TIME_MS) - default is 0 ms.
- Added ticket dispenser retries (AD_TICKET_DISPENSE_RETRIES) - if the ticket notch switch is not seen after a dispense, the system will retry
- AD_TICKET_DISPENSE_RETRIES times to dispense a ticket before marking the ticket dispenser as "jammed". AD_TICKET_DISPENSE_RETRIES default is 0.
- Fixed an issue where the ticket dispenser was still enabled after uninstalling redemption settings.
- Added timed game options to the redemption system.
- Added default redemption settings to the system for each country (DIP) install.

Thanks. I will do the update.

#10018 2 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

A couple questions for ST Pro veterans out there. I've only had the game for a couple months.
1) When in a mode, and after hitting a lit shot, AWAY TEAM is lit. What is the benefit of making the AWAY TEAM shot?
2) Combos. I understand what they are, but how do you get 20-30 of them in a row? Is this done using multiballs?

For #1, that starts the Galactic version of the mode ( I forget the actual name). It changes the objectives. It can be useful at times. If memory serves, the points you get for each shot during that mode are affected by how many initial shots you got before entering the mode. Space Jump is an example. I believe the Galactic version changes the mode to one shot right up the Vengeance. This then ends the mode with that one shot. As another example, for Nero, I believe the mode changes so you have to hit the standup targets.

For #2, you get 20-30 in a row by being awesome. Most people won’t get that amount in a row. Multiball will only make it harder.

#10019 2 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

http://tiltforums.com/t/star-trek-wiki/456

#10020 2 years ago

What is the procedure for updating code in a ST pro? I have the 1.62 code on a thumb drive. I put it in the pin and there are no prompts like when I have done LZ updates. Thanks.

#10021 2 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

What is the procedure for updating code in a ST pro? I have the 1.62 code on a thumb drive. I put it in the pin and there are no prompts like when I have done LZ updates. Thanks.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-update-code-on-stern-sam-pinball-machine

#10022 2 years ago

Big shout out to Andy SkyKing2301 Rocket City Pinball, I've been bugging him for months to make the coin reject buttons for Star Trek and he came through! Start Button and Coin Reject buttons are awesome and well worth the wait.

20211223_163535 (resized).jpg20211223_163535 (resized).jpg20211223_163604 (resized).jpg20211223_163604 (resized).jpg20211223_163629 (resized).jpg20211223_163629 (resized).jpg20211223_163657 (resized).jpg20211223_163657 (resized).jpg
#10024 2 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

For #1, that starts the Galactic version of the mode ( I forget the actual name). It changes the objectives. It can be useful at times. If memory serves, the points you get for each shot during that mode are affected by how many initial shots you got before entering the mode. Space Jump is an example. I believe the Galactic version changes the mode to one shot right up the Vengeance. This then ends the mode with that one shot. As another example, for Nero, I believe the mode changes so you have to hit the standup targets.
For #2, you get 20-30 in a row by being awesome. Most people won’t get that amount in a row. Multiball will only make it harder.

Thanks for this (and the link). Away Team seems to be worth the effort. I've made it KM a couple times now. I get too excited though and my play goes to shit and I don't make much progress before draining. Ha ha! I'll have to work on keeping calm.

The Away Team shot for me has been pretty difficult. I'll nail the shot and the ball will bounce back out before I can drop the flipper down and trap it in there. I've lost count of how many times I've dropped the flipper and managed to catch the ball between the flipper and the post. I can almost do it on purpose now every time.

Great game. I really enjoyed playing it on site and only knew a handful of the rules at the time. I'm really enjoying it now that I know where to stack the mode/multiballs and the more intricate details of the rules.

I didn't reset the scores on the pin when I brought it home. I like having something to aim for. The previous owner had 34 combos on it which seems ludicrous to me. I don't even know how close I've come to that. Maybe I'll try to see if I can reset the combo and leave the rest as is.

Oh, and 1 last question/request...

Does anyone have a clear image of page B37 of the Pro manual? My old eyes can't read the fuzzy text even when zoomed in. I just want to check the bulbs as I think my backbox has a hodge podge of bulbs installed right now.

#10025 2 years ago

Merry Christmas to those on the Enterprise!

#10026 2 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Does anyone have a clear image of page B37 of the Pro manual? My old eyes can't read the fuzzy text even when zoomed in

I printed the manual from the Stern website when I got the game. Never noticed that those couple pages are printed so tiny as to be basically unreadable. The PDF doesn't seem to be high enough resolution to be readable when zoomed in.
Hopefully the original factory printed manuals are printed larger or more clearly.
I laughed when I saw what you were talking about. It's ridiculous when printed on stanadrd size paper.

#10027 2 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

I didn't reset the scores on the pin when I brought it home. I like having something to aim for. The previous owner had 34 combos on it which seems ludicrous to me.

Just reset the whole thing. Old scores in a completely different setup don’t apply anymore. Maybe it was setup really flat or easy. Maybe he wanted to play 5 year mission so he took the glass off and manually did everything to get there. But mostly the different setup invalidates the scores. Kill them and start building your own. Invite some good players over to put on real scores to shoot for.

#10028 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Just reset the whole thing. Old scores in a completely different setup don’t apply anymore. Maybe it was setup really flat or easy. Maybe he wanted to play 5 year mission so he took the glass off and manually did everything to get there. But mostly the different setup invalidates the scores. Kill them and start building your own. Invite some good players over to put on real scores to shoot for.

Hmm... All valid points. I had never really thought of it that way before, but you're right. Hell, it could have been set to 5 balls the entire time. Thanks.

#10029 2 years ago

It's ridiculous that 5 ball scores aren't stored separately in the leaderboards.

#10030 2 years ago
Quoted from sebgrinke:

It's ridiculous that 5 ball scores aren't stored separately in the leaderboards.

Almost as ridiculous as your post. Almost.

#10031 2 years ago

I just picked up a Star Trek pro and I’m getting a “Center Lane lockup” error and the vengeance drop target is moving up and down continuously at the start of certain missions. Is this the same issue or separate issues?

#10032 2 years ago

Why ectobar? Surely it's not fair to compare a 3 ball score with a 5 ball? What am I missing?

#10033 2 years ago
Quoted from sebgrinke:

I keep all of my pins on 5 ball as well. It seems like whenever I play the game I don’t get the feel for the game flow until the 3rd ball. I could care less if a guy from Nebraska on 3 ball beats my high score on a 5 ball game because I play on my own personal achievement. When I have friends over they can still try to beat the my high score on the 5 ball setting.

Besides, I think shaking the pin so hard in order to get it out of the outlines is considered cheating as well. If not, then why did they install the tilt bobs in all of the pins?

#10034 2 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

I keep all of my pins on 5 ball as well. It seems like whenever I play the game I don’t get the feel for the game flow until the 3rd ball. I could care less if a guy from Nebraska on 3 ball beats my high score on a 5 ball game because I play on my own personal achievement. When I have friends over they can still try to beat the my high score on the 5 ball setting.
Besides, I think shaking the pin so hard in order to get it out of the outlines is considered cheating as well. If not, then why did they install the tilt bobs in all of the pins?

I don't consider it cheating. Nudging is a skill. Some tilt bobs are not positioned correctly, but they should be adjusted for your style of play. I like keeping mine pretty tight. Enough to allow you to nudge, but not enough to let you slide the pin across the room. If you're getting Danger, DANGER then the tilt bob is doing it's job. I still manage to tilt at home, so I think I have it tuned perfectly for me. If I'm playing pinball with my kids, then I avoid nudging. They don't have the strength to bump the machine, so I try to even the playing field for them. It's difficult to not nudge when playing them. Ha ha!

EM for me will always be 5 balls. All others are set to 3 balls. That's just my preference.

#10035 2 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

To make more money on location and prevent possible abuse to machine. I loosen up the tilt tightness on all home games that are very deep or brutal difficulty, some games just deserve a more forgiving tilt than others.

#10036 2 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

I keep all of my pins on 5 ball as well.

I like 5 ball too, but pinhead friends don't like it because they play on location all the time and see some of the same games there. This is why co-op is so cool. I had it on my ACNC and now on my Hotwheels. We can play 3 ball against each other and then do a co-op together to try to beat the machine! You get to see the upper levels of the game and it's a load of fun! Also can compete as two teams of two or even all three players against one (which nobody ever does) LOL! All new games need this feature IMO! Stern Star Trek with it's nearly impossible to reach '5 Year Mission' wizard mode would be a great candidate for co-op mode!

#10037 2 years ago

This Star Trek drop target issue is driving me crazy. I've been reading and trying various fixes including the washer fix which worked but then the drop target wouldn't register hits. I took the washers back out. Everything seems tight. Any advice welcome...

20211230_115317 (resized).jpg20211230_115317 (resized).jpg20211230_115450 (resized).jpg20211230_115450 (resized).jpg
#10038 2 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

This Star Trek drop target issue is driving me crazy. I've been reading and trying various fixes including the washer fix which worked but then the drop target wouldn't register hits. I took the washers back out. Everything seems tight. Any advice welcome...[quoted image][quoted image]

Use thinner washers. Or make a spacer by cutting a strip from an old credit card.

#10039 2 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Use thinner washers. Or make a spacer by cutting a strip from an old credit card.

Credit card would be thicker than a 1/16" washer I believe? I need to go thinner than 1/16". Thinking of trying a layer of mylar on the backside of that plastic piece. I know this problem has been talked about for years but the more reading I do the more I realize there never was a great solution. Using washers creates a tiny gap which some people said eventually caused the plastic ledge to break.

#10040 2 years ago

Credit card would be thicker than a 1/16" washer I believe? I need to go thinner than 1/16". Thinking of trying a layer of mylar on the backside of that plastic piece. I know this problem has been talked about for years but the more reading I do the more I realize there never was a great solution. Using washers creates a tiny gap which some people said eventually caused the plastic ledge to break.

Yeah, it’s about finding that sweet spot. I initially used thinner washers — 1/32” maybe ? — and my ledge then cracked but was still somewhat held in place. Ironically, it worked perfectly broken like that for probably 1000 plays or more. So, my sweet spot was with thinner washers and a semi-broken ledge. Go figure.

#10041 2 years ago

3 layers of mylar so far cut to the exact shape of the plastic ledge. Not sure if it will be enough. Also used a smaller profile screw for the side with the spring.

20211230_164103 (resized).jpg20211230_164103 (resized).jpg20211230_164119 (resized).jpg20211230_164119 (resized).jpg
#10042 2 years ago

Is it normal that the brass looking arm is crooked like that?

#10043 2 years ago

That's what 4 layers of mylar stacked behind the plastic piece looks like. About half the thickness of the washer.

20211230_172747 (resized).jpg20211230_172747 (resized).jpg
#10044 2 years ago

Ok, I reinstalled it with 4 layers of mylar which is much thinner then a credit card or washer and probably 3 out of 5 direct hits it was not registering a hit. I went down to 3 layers of mylar and now I would say maybe 1 or 2 hits out of 6 are not registering, which is much, much better. I think I am close on this, what a pain. I'll go with it for a few weeks and see how it behaves. I'll go down to 2 layers of mylar but if I go any thinner I'll be back to the problem of the drop target not staying up, it sort of bounces up and down 3 times after you hit it and doesn't want to stay up. So far with the mylar solution that problem is gone and replacing the screw on the spring side might have helped. Thanks for chiming in on this Nokoro.

#10045 2 years ago

Hi everyone. Couple of newbie owner questions for everyone.

1) Should the Vengeance ship be tilted or level? Mine seems to be drooping down on the right side.
2) Does anyone have the -56 plastic that fits under the Vengeance ship? Looking to replace mine. Let me know cost and shipping. Please keep in mind I'm in Canada, but you can just use letter mail.

Pic
droop (resized).jpegdroop (resized).jpeg

Thank you!

#10046 2 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Hi everyone. Couple of newbie owner questions for everyone.
1) Should the Vengeance ship be tilted or level? Mine seems to be drooping down on the right side.
2) Does anyone have the -56 plastic that fits under the Vengeance ship? Looking to replace mine. Let me know cost and shipping. Please keep in mind I'm in Canada, but you can just use letter mail.
Pic
[quoted image]
Thank you!

I've been messing with tweaking my drop target all day and have been looking at this pin a lot today. My ship is not tilted crooked, although I can't say it's perfectly perpendicular to the back side (side to side).

As far as the plastics, mine doesn't say -56 on it. Not sure if you can buy them separate but you can buy the entire set.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/803-5000-E6

That's listed under the premium.

#10047 2 years ago

I've been messing with tweaking my drop target all day and have been looking at this pin a lot today. My ship is not tilted crooked, although I can't say it's perfectly perpendicular to the back side (side to side).
As far as the plastics, mine doesn't say -56 on it. Not sure if you can buy them separate but you can buy the entire set.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/803-5000-E6
That's listed under the premium.

I wanted to avoid buying every plastic. It's just a waste. I wouldn't use 3/4 of them. Plus it's $200USD before shipping.

#10048 2 years ago

Anyone else have inserts with ghosting that has had it for awhile? I don't think these have gotten worse since I have had the machine. Playfield still feels smooth around them.

20211229_192329 (resized).jpg20211229_192329 (resized).jpg20211229_192336 (resized).jpg20211229_192336 (resized).jpg20211229_192337 (resized).jpg20211229_192337 (resized).jpg20211229_192344 (resized).jpg20211229_192344 (resized).jpg20211229_192358 (resized).jpg20211229_192358 (resized).jpg20211229_192407 (resized).jpg20211229_192407 (resized).jpg
#10049 2 years ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

Anyone else have inserts with ghosting that has had it for awhile? I don't think these have gotten worse since I have had the machine. Playfield still feels smooth around them.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Interesting. Is this a vault?

#10050 2 years ago

Nope Sep 2015 build. Im the third owner and its HOU so I was told. Machine is in great shape besides some of the inserts, I have had the machine since Nov of 2020. I didn't notice them when I bought it. I'm assuming there is nothing that can be done other than hoping they don't get worse. It's in my basement that never really gets above 68. Just wondering if any other ST owners have this issue, and if theirs got worse overtime, or just stayed static.

20211231_175645 (resized).jpg20211231_175645 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 15.00
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gilbert, AZ
3,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 24.95
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
New Brighton, PA
13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 10,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 201 of 217.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/201 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.