PXL_20240127_043801582.MP (resized).jpg
Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
There are 10,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 217.
#951 10 years ago

But without the ship and name it would be kind of dead wouldn't it? Hope it's good and I get one before they shut ya down. I really can't see spending money on Gio's lights on the blah Pro tl, who wants to see the faces flash.

#952 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

But without the ship and name it would be kind of dead wouldn't it? Hope it's good and I get one before they shut ya down. I really can't see spending money on Gio's lights on the blah Pro tl, who wants to see the faces flash.

Oh I'm doing the Enterprise, no question, I'm just not going to steal anyone else's art for it, I'll do my own from scratch. To me there's a big difference between just ripping off a copyrighted image, copying and pasting some movie still (which even in HD would be pretty low rez for a translite print) or a poster or whatever, and doing my own high rez original art without asking for Paramount's permission to do it first.

No licensing department wants to talk to some guy about doing a relative handful of pinball translites for an enthusiast forum, either I do it under the radar or it doesn't happen.

Honestly I'm not worried about it, I doubt anyone will know or care, it's just Pinside, I don't sell them anywhere else.

I don't dislike my Premium translite, but it honestly doesn't do a lot for me, I'm not super stoked on the actor's faces, especially when they're sort of weirdly crammed in at different sizes with little dinky ships over them. Still working out my design, but it's gotta feature the ship, and not people, and it has to meet my quality standards. If anyone else likes it, then great! That's one thing that's nice about designing for a machine I own, as long as I make myself happy it's worth doing.

#953 10 years ago

i guess i'm gonna wait until i see what you come up with before making my own flasher kit for star trek.

i don't see any problems with copyrights if you make a translite no matter whats on it. like you said, it's not on a big scale.

but then again, i saw peoples who stopped doing small little things because some websites/copyrights owners are very hungry and will jump on anything to make a 50 cents. jealousy sometimes....

#954 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Oh I'm doing the Enterprise, no question, I'm just not going to steal anyone else's art for it, I'll do my own from scratch. To me there's a big difference between just ripping off a copyrighted image, copying and pasting some movie still (which even in HD would be pretty low rez for a translite print) or a poster or whatever, and doing my own high rez original art without asking for Paramount's permission to do it first.
No licensing department wants to talk to some guy about doing a relative handful of pinball translites for an enthusiast forum, either I do it under the radar or it doesn't happen.
Honestly I'm not worried about it, I doubt anyone will know or care, it's just Pinside, I don't sell them anywhere else.
I don't dislike my Premium translite, but it honestly doesn't do a lot for me, I'm not super stoked on the actor's faces, especially when they're sort of weirdly crammed in at different sizes with little dinky ships over them. Still working out my design, but it's gotta feature the ship, and not people, and it has to meet my quality standards. If anyone else likes it, then great! That's one thing that's nice about designing for a machine I own, as long as I make myself happy it's worth doing.

I like the Premium tl but I'll wait for yours. So you have one sold already.

#955 10 years ago

Translite only? if you're doing the apron cards, can you do coin reject as well?

#956 10 years ago

I would like to join the club! I picked up a Pro last month. I added a few mods; under body LEDs, Pin Blades...
I may add the illuminated speaker grills and shaker. Great, fast pin!

IMG_20140322_211551.jpgIMG_20140322_211551.jpg IMG_20140322_211604.jpgIMG_20140322_211604.jpg IMG_20140322_211528.jpgIMG_20140322_211528.jpg
#957 10 years ago
Quoted from Rasterscan:

I would like to join the club! I picked up a Pro last month. I added a few mods; under body LEDs, Pin Blades...
I may add the illuminated speaker grills and shaker. Great, fast pin!

IMG_20140322_211528.jpg 144 KB

IMG_20140322_211551.jpg 210 KB

IMG_20140322_211604.jpg 273 KB

Nice to have you join in on the fun. The shaker is a MUST!

#958 10 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Translite only? if you're doing the apron cards, can you do coin reject as well?

Definitely will do apron cards, but I think I want new apron decals too. I get why there's an epilepsy warning on there, but personally I don't want it on my home game, rather have some artwork. I could look at what it would take to do coin reject labels.

#959 10 years ago

Yes! Thats next on the list.

Quoted from MustangPaul:

Nice to have you join in on the fun. The shaker is a MUST!

#960 10 years ago

793 has been cleared for unboxing! What are the MHM (must have mods) I need to get?image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#961 10 years ago

Pinbits protectors are the only "must haves" IMHO.

#962 10 years ago

Thx Aurich
sorry for the double picture post

#963 10 years ago

Congrats. May be a sub...if you don't mind bothering the neighbors that is.

#964 10 years ago

Thanks, I thought the LE comes with a sub? If not I will need one. Love the sub on our AC/DC,
Looking at your pinside name, I assume you are getting the latest pin from stern.

#965 10 years ago
Quoted from Pincrazy:

Thanks, I thought the LE comes with a sub? If not I will need one. Love the sub on our AC/DC,
Looking at your pinside name, I assume you are getting the latest pin from stern.

Don't know what it comes with, I have a Pro with a sub. I've been thinking about it but my Mustang will be coming out of the body shop soon so there goes a good chunk of change. But it would be my first NIB if I did.

#966 10 years ago

Those are cool, haven't seen them on a live machine yet.... has anyone done custom flippers for STTNG?

#967 10 years ago

This is coming next week for the Stern Star Trek.

Change you warp ramp emblem from this....
image-213.jpgimage-213.jpg
To this...fully colored emblems.
image-253.jpgimage-253.jpg

#968 10 years ago

Perhaps this has been mentioned earlier, but I just saw that a new collection of miniature model ships have been released. Depending on the size these might be a nice add on to the STTNG machines or others.

http://www.startrek-starships.com/usa/starships.asp

#970 10 years ago

well, I can finally join one of these threads, just ordered my game through game exchange today! I went with the premium. It will be my first NIB game and nice to get one a week or so after paying for it instead of a year like I am with the hobbit

#971 10 years ago
Quoted from fluffybunny:

well, I can finally join one of these threads, just ordered my game through game exchange today! I went with the premium. It will be my first NIB game and nice to get one a week or so after paying for it instead of a year like I am with the hobbit

Sweet, and a Premium too. Great choice for first NIB. Welcome to the Club.

#972 10 years ago
Quoted from scottrogers:

Perhaps this has been mentioned earlier, but I just saw that a new collection of miniature model ships have been released. Depending on the size these might be a nice add on to the STTNG machines or others.

Those look pretty nice. I haven't swapped in my romulan warbird ornament yet because it kind of irks me that it is smaller. Is this order form implying I can get a D for only $4.95 and then cancel?

#973 10 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

This is coming next week for the Stern Star Trek.

This looks very sweet. I did my own WARP RAMP Insignia Mod. I think I will order Tmezel's MOD as it look nice. If you can not loosen the screw that holds the Insignia light board in place. I tried several methods and could not loosen the screw I posted a video of how I moved the light board and centered it with out removing the screw.

#974 10 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

I posted a video of how I moved the light board and centered it with out removing the screw.

I just pushed mine down, with a little pressure it moved fine, no muss no fuss. I didn't want to pause my Rappin' 4-Tay to watch your video though, so maybe that's all you said too.

#975 10 years ago
Quoted from scottrogers:

Have any of you guys seen these in person? They sure look great in the pics, but I've read some pretty bad reviews of them. If they are pretty nice though, they would be very fun to collect.

#976 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I just pushed mine down, with a little pressure it moved fine, no muss no fuss

I am glad it went smooth for you Aurich. My board was supper tight. I pushed on the light board hard. I thought it might crack. Pliers were needed and much torque .Video shows were I used the pliers. And the inner depth of my Man Cave. I like the way it turned out. But I think it could look better when viewed for the side. that's my O.C.D kicking in. Would like to see what your test version looks like when viewing from the side. Peace

#977 10 years ago

I own Bally Star Trek. TNG is next on my hit list. Hard to find at a reasonable price. Never even seen a DEP Star Trek for sale. The trek continues!

#978 10 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Would like to see what your test version looks like when viewing from the side. Peace

I can try and remember to take a pic, but it's just a black box over the whole emblem, so just imagine a strip of black plastic and you're pretty much there. I kinda want to see how necessary the box really is, might be a less intrusive way to do it. No question it works though.

#979 10 years ago

Woo Hoo!!!!!

Got rid of the dreaded dot!

My STTNG is finally operating as designed.

What a great feeling!

Also finished putting new rubber on it and replaced all the non-functioning bulbs.

Did my first mod, too- the "dome" lenses on the cannons.

Acquired the hallmark ships, will do that next.

#980 10 years ago

Final version in attract mode. The box has to cover everything so it blocks out the outside light and the electronics.

image-220.jpgimage-220.jpg
image-363.jpgimage-363.jpg

#981 10 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Final version in attract mode. The box has to cover everything so it blocks out the outside light and the electronics.

Looks Great Tim!

#982 10 years ago

Not the final version, sorry. Here it is.

image-605.jpgimage-605.jpg

#983 10 years ago

While playing ST last night, the kicker made a beta ramp for me. Never saw that before, thought it was exciting enough to share. Usually my kicker sends the ball just about to the upper flipper.

#984 10 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

While playing ST last night, the kicker made a beta ramp for me. Never saw that before, thought it was exciting enough to share. Usually my kicker sends the ball just about to the upper flipper.

Ha! That's awesome! I love when things like that happen. My favorite is in X-Men when the Magento magnet throws the ball right back into him. I always think of it as Magneto punching himself in the face. LOL! I've also had that crazy magnet make the Storm and even Iceman ramps for me. Always fun.

#985 10 years ago

024.JPG024.JPG

seems like the right place for me )

#986 10 years ago

Sto should put them in order be even better IMO

#987 10 years ago
Quoted from sto:

024.JPG 221 KB

Pure awesome. I agree they should be in order though...or at minimum all together with Avatar off to one side.

I really hope to do this someday as well (and heck...I'd be ok if an Avatar came along for the ride too, LOL!). You should be very proud!

#988 10 years ago

Glad I'm not the only retentive in the bunch.

At TPF; I put STNG next to ST LE.
And Mirror Universe next to Bally.

Compare and contrast.

#989 10 years ago
Quoted from sto:

024.JPG 221 KB

With that great line-up you sure are in the right place. NICE!!!

#990 10 years ago

My brother has a Bally ST that he wants to sell. (He's near Orlando, in case anyone wants details.) I know it would look great next to my STLE and STTNG. Just isn't enough room. Sigh...

#991 10 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

My brother has a Bally ST that he wants to sell. (He's near Orlando, in case anyone wants details.) I know it would look great next to my STLE and STTNG. Just isn't enough room. Sigh...

You should MAKE room for that one. Then you would have all 3.

#992 10 years ago

Believe me, I have been thinking about it!

#993 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

With that great line-up you sure are in the right place. NICE!!!

Quoted from Schabs81:

Sto should put them in order be even better IMO

Quoted from Jediturtle:

Pure awesome. I agree they should be in order though...or at minimum all together with Avatar off to one side.
I really hope to do this someday as well (and heck...I'd be ok if an Avatar came along for the ride too, LOL!). You should be very proud!

Thx!!! I'm very happy with this line-up!
Was thinking about bringing them in order, but I think this way the "Oldie" gets the respect, it deserves..
If someday jjp is doing the 50th anniversary, Avatar has to go
1.JPG1.JPG

#994 10 years ago

So how do STTNG and STLE play together in a collection? I know the layouts are very similar but how is the gameplay? I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a Metallica Pro which will be my second pin, first being STTNG. The new ST seems to be getting a lot of love too. I love the theme but in a small collection would I be better off sticking with Metallica for some diversity or would the 2 ST pins compliment each other nicely?

Yes I do know I am asking this in the Star Trek thread. Hoping I can get an objective view on it.

#995 10 years ago

IMHO they don't really play all that similar or feel that much the same, especially with STTNG being a wide body. But if you want an honest opinion from a Star Trek owner don't buy it until the new code drops. If I was telling a friend who had to buy *right now* none of this be patient stuff? Get Metallica, it's the better game currently. The Karl Urban update could put them on more even footing. But better to wait and see at this stage.

Don't get me wrong, it's fun right now. But for a small collection where you're gonna be playing it a lot? It could use more, it can feel a little grindy.

#996 10 years ago

image-505.jpgimage-505.jpg

image-377.jpgimage-377.jpg

#997 10 years ago

Wait. How does one have two STLEs in the same 8ft area?

#998 10 years ago
Quoted from MMforever:

image-377.jpg 190 KB

image-505.jpg 166 KB

Outstanding line-up. 2 le's.... damn.

#999 10 years ago

We got our first pin, a ST premium, last week so I guess we have joined the club. The whole family seems to be enjoying it.

2014-04-05 14.34.31.jpg2014-04-05 14.34.31.jpg

#1000 10 years ago

Looks like there's plenty of room next to it for you second pin

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gilbert, AZ
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 217.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.