PXL_20240127_043801582.MP (resized).jpg
Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
There are 10,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 217.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

All of the above? Do I get elected Admiral of the club?

It would be nice if pinside would let us give ranks lol. But, if I could you certainly would qualify

#52 10 years ago

Looks like I won't be joining the club. My deal fell through.

If anybody lives in Canada and wants to sell their Minty STTNG I will buy it! I really want this game!!

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Looks like I won't be joining the club. My deal fell through.
If anybody lives in Canada and wants to sell their Minty STTNG I will buy it! I really want this game!!

Sorry to hear that Quarter... Don't despair you will get one if you keep trying! I just got one this week. It came out of storage in Italy somewhere I think.. It was filthy when I first saw it but came up beautiful after being in the shop for a week and a bit..

#54 10 years ago

Another STTNG owner reporting for duty!

It's my favorite pin (and not just of my little collection)

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from chinosts:

Sorry to hear that Quarter... Don't despair you will get one if you keep trying! I just got one this week. It came out of storage in Italy somewhere I think.. It was filthy when I first saw it but came up beautiful after being in the shop for a week and a bit..

Thanks. I'm picky, I would prefer to pay more and get a collector quality one. Playfield wear drives me nuts.

#56 10 years ago

I want to thank everyone for joining the Star Trek Pinball Club. Tonight I made some flipper decals for all of you. I made decals for Star Trek, T2 and TSPP. I have included a 600dpi source for whoever wants to spice up the flippers a little.

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Buy some Inkjet-Gloss Sticker paper.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VKV2H4/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00

2. Download this file http://www.drathvader.com/PinballFlipperDecals.zip

3. Print the file.

4. Notice one flipper is for left and one is for right. You want the texture to be balanced.

5. Dont bother with an exacto knife. A large sharp scissors works the best. Use one pass, not small chops.

6. Clean the flipper with rubbing alcohol first.

7. Apply sticker (I use a low residue sticker, so when you want to remove it no cleanup is needed)

8. Take a picture if you decided to use one and post it here

print.jpgprint.jpg TNG_Flippers.jpgTNG_Flippers.jpg T2_flippers.jpgT2_flippers.jpg TSPP_Flippers.jpgTSPP_Flippers.jpg

#57 10 years ago

looks alright

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from joestro78:

Has anyone ever rolled their Bally Trek?

Yes!! 1,456,270 Check my scores on my profile page.

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

I want to thank everyone for joining the Star Trek Pinball Club. Tonight I made some flipper decals for all of you. I made decals for Star Trek, T2 and TSPP.

Thanks dude!

#60 10 years ago

I want to thank everyone for joining the Star Trek Pinball Club. Tonight I made some flipper decals for all of you. I made decals for Star Trek, T2 and TSPP. I have included a 600dpi source for whoever wants to spice up the flippers a little.
INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Buy some Inkjet-Gloss Sticker paper.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VKV2H4/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00
2. Download this file http://www.drathvader.com/PinballFlipperDecals.zip
3. Print the file.
4. Notice one flipper is for left and one is for right. You want the texture to be balanced.
5. Dont bother with an exacto knife. A large sharp scissors works the best. Use one pass, not small chops.
6. Clean the flipper with rubbing alcohol first.
7. Apply sticker (I use a low residue sticker, so when you want to remove it no cleanup is needed)
8. Take a picture if you decided to use one and post it here

how much?

#61 10 years ago

That's Amazing! Would love to hear your thoughts on Star Trek: Data East, 1991. How it is to work on, finding parts and so on. The closest I am to that machine is my LED backlight Playfield Wall Art. As well played it at CAX and loved it.

Actually, I really love this game. Star Trek got me into this hobby, so part of it is the fan in me, but as Southbound notes here, I think the shots, music, and call outs really draw you in. It's an easy game with a shallow (almost non-existent) rule set, but it's fast paced and an overall good time. I also agree that this game just begs for LED's. I've converted just about all the lamps here, except for the GI. Sadly, the game is down temporarilly for me as I await the touch-up and clear coating of my Playfield. Gonna look sweet when done though!

As for parts, it's really not too bad. Just about everything can be found and the game is very easy to work on. CPR has repo'd the plastics, so those are around. As noted above, the subway is generally the issue here, and they are impossible to find. The main ramp assembly appears well made, and I generally don't hear about those being cracked. The rope chaser lights around the main ramp were issues from day one on this game, and are difficult to find working, but they're not too hard to fix on your own. I repo'd several sets of these in LED a few years ago. They are a pain the a$$ to make, but it can be done. Other than that, the DMD is what you want to watch out for. These 128 x 16 displays are long discontinued, and can only be found in the LED version - but at least a solution is out there.

If your're a Trek fan, I would encourage a buy on this one. Great game.

#62 10 years ago

Thanks for sharing. Do you notice if it slows your flippers down a little? I would imagine any extra weight to the flippers would be an issue.

There is no slow down at all on my STTNG with these custom flippers. The flippers that came on my TOM were another story and the previous owner must have been some sort of machinist because the flipper bats look like they were made from scratch with real brass along with the flipper buttons and 4lb brass lockdown bar. You can see the flipper bats and buttons weigh about 1lb. They looked nice in the game but you could barely make easy shots like up the center ramp.

tom_flippers.jpgtom_flippers.jpg

#65 10 years ago

Free you just need Glossy Inkjet Sticker Paper. Print, cut and stick. Was just little something I quickly made for everyone in the club. I use a low residue sticker paper so these just peal off clean when you want something different. The Star Trek sticker is bsed off the NCC-1701-D engines.

#66 10 years ago

---Some Star Trek Related Stuff--- But not pinball related, I just think its funny. "Spacebook"? I am not even really sure what this is. Its a game or a social network or both?

(Redshirt) is a sci-fi take on social networking. How would Star Trek have played out if everyone on the Starship Enterprise had access to a Facebook-like social media system?

"Redshirt is due to launch "soon" for PC, Mac and Linux, with an iPad version following shortly after. Pre-orders will be available in the coming weeks, which will also grant beta access."

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/196455/Redshirt_or_If_The_Starship_Enterprise_had_Facebook.php

redshirt.jpgredshirt.jpg

#67 10 years ago

Reporting for duty. I'll post pics of my STTNG later. Best table ever created, IMO. I'm hoping the new one is even better.

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Reporting for duty. I'll post pics of my STTNG later. Best table ever created, IMO. I'm hoping the new one is even better.

Welcome Aboard

#69 10 years ago

Still boarding?

Then i am in

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

Still boarding?

Then i am in

Plenty of time, we are boarding at Star Date 46379.1

#71 10 years ago

Plenty of time, we are boarding at Star Date 46379.1

Those look like some MINT playfields you have there.

#72 10 years ago

Man, I have never been called a Trekkie before ... my wife enjoys the old show more than me. However, after playing lots of different pins, STTNG is my favorite (and the one and only in my collection right now). I'm also on the STLE train ... er, spaceship ... so count me all in on this group.

When I add Hobbit LE later, does that make me a total nerd?

#73 10 years ago

Those look like some MINT playfields you have there.

Thanks they are in pretty good shape, clean no wood exposed. Hope they stay that way...

Quoted from statsdoc:

Man, I have never been called a Trekkie before ... my wife enjoys the old show more than me. However, after playing lots of different pins, STTNG is my favorite (and the one and only in my collection right now). I'm also on the STLE train ... er, spaceship ... so count me all in on this group.

When I add Hobbit LE later, does make me a total nerd?

Once you go Trek you don't go back.lol It's an honor to be a Nerd. Because Nerds rule the world.

#74 10 years ago

It would be nice if pinside would let us give ranks lol. But, if I could you certainly would qualify

Actually; SamVA probably should be Admiral... I don't recall if he has the ST:Voyager arcade like I do... if so he's defiantly a little more hardcore than my collection. We'll have to revisit once my Star Trek: Mirror Universe project
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-mirror-universe-pinball
is done.

#75 10 years ago

Captain Jean-Luc-Picard, ensign QuarterGrabber reporting for duty.

I just joined the club officially today. I decided to buy a STTNG that was a bit beat up then restore it. Hey yo!

#76 10 years ago

Hey all. I have a STTNG . Led'd out. Speakers and sub, and color DMD. Love it.

#77 10 years ago

Just played Jodester's STTNG again tonight for the first time in a while... Great game - especially cleaned up with some frosty led's and a color dmd is quite a game changer IMO.

#78 10 years ago

Captain Jean-Luc-Picard, ensign QuarterGrabber reporting for duty.
I just joined the club officially today. I decided to buy a STTNG that was a bit beat up then restore it. Hey yo!

Congrats Ensign! A fine ensign you are. The Federation is proud to have you. The best way to appreciate MINT, is to make it MINT. All of us in the club salute you Treat this fixer-upper just like your mom Wesley Crusher.

SheLuvsya.jpgSheLuvsya.jpg

#79 10 years ago
Quoted from charliex:

Hey all. I have a STTNG . Led'd out. Speakers and sub, and color DMD. Love it.

No one has uploaded any videos of the COLOR DMD, as well the Speaker/sub. I bet all of us would love to see it. "Video?"

#80 10 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Actually; SamVA probably should be Admiral... I don't recall if he has the ST:Voyager arcade like I do... if so he's defiantly a little more hardcore than my collection. We'll have to revisit once my Star Trek: Mirror Universe project
is done.

You both are more hardcore than most of us So you get the Epic award haha.

I had a long conversation with Robert Picardo, or AKA "JOE" the Holographic Doctor. We talked about Pinball for a bit. And he claimed that Voyager made a pinball machine that you actually walk inside. Not for sale. But so rare, it was rare to even his own eyes. I failed to ask him if this was his own eye, or his Holographic eye.

I will ask him next month about it, if anyone has any questions about TNG pinball let me know. Or Better yet, a question to ask William Shatner about the new Stern Pinball based on him?

#81 10 years ago

I have a STTNG with a color DMD which has been temporarily taken out and is currently in my TZ in HD white.

STTNG will be leaving the lineup to make room for others. MoPLE, STLE, WOZECLE and THLE

Have had a STLE on order for six months and they still have not officially confirmed there is going to be one.

#82 10 years ago

AND!!! To make a 4th POST by a OP... "oops at 3am"

Hope I can shed some LED-Lite on what I am about to say. ""Sometimes on weekends"" I am a bit drunk when I post. But I only get "GC's" with at least a 12p of beer! Don't we all?

The point of this post is. As of 15 min's ago. I now own...

>>> jean-luc-picard.com <<<

Very excited to use that domain when I send files to clients!

Baldsofsteeeeel.gifBaldsofsteeeeel.gif

#83 10 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

I have a STTNG with a color DMD which has been temporarily taken out and is currently in my TZ in HD white

Can you tell others how a Color DMD can be replaced and moved into other machines. I think many of us would benefit from this. (Most of us are waiting for CDMD)

#84 10 years ago

Can you tell others how a Color DMD can be replaced and moved into other machines. I think many of us would benefit from this. (Most of us are waiting for CDMD)

It's easy. Just swap them over.

If I can do it, anyone can.

#85 10 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

It's easy. Just swap them over.

If I can do it, anyone can.

So Any color DMD can move to any machine? Dont we need custom Display Roms to run it? I would assume the color values are based on code and will not work without the Display Rom for that machine.

#86 10 years ago

Are you saying a Color DMD can be converted to any DMD Display Rom? Just Starting a conversation. And I apologies If I have misunderstood the post

#87 10 years ago

Color DMD can run in full colour in games they have done. You can use them on other BW games in single colour sigma display.

The color DMD comes with full installation instructions. Easy as.

#88 10 years ago

So in a nut shell... Buy one "COLOR DMD" that was made for the recent line. " Star trek, Scared Stiff and so on... Any of the "Color DMD" is (interchangeable via the list of compatible pins?)

#89 10 years ago

Yes. Any color DMD (even the older ones - after an update.) can be used on any supported game in full color by downloading the free firmware update on the website.

The color DMD can also be used in any B/W games in single color in either dots, HD or Scan Lines.

They are also bringing in a sigma display for Stern games in single color in the next few months.

#90 10 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Yes. Any color DMD (even the older ones - after an update.) can be used on any supported game in full color by downloading the free firmware update on the website.

The color DMD can also be used in any B/W games in single color in either dots, HD or Scan Lines.

They are also bringing in a sigma display for Stern games in single color in the next few months.

I imagine this data is by far more amazing than data's emotion chip "in some sense". What you are saying is we don't have to wait Months, Months and more Months for our TNG 'COLOR DMD' to come back in stock. We can buy whatever is out now? I am sure by tomorrow others will have questions. To see ST:TNG in full Color DMD. As well to be able to fork out $400 USD in a DMD that can be interchangeable via the listed supported machines such as " STTNG, WW,AF,SS, MM and AFM.. via. Colordmd.???

That said, Thank you for your info I shall sleep now....

#91 10 years ago

I imagine this data is by far more amazing than data's emotion chip "in some sense". What you are saying is we don't have to wait Months, Months and more Months for our TNG 'COLOR DMD' to come back in stock. We can buy whatever is out now? I am sure by tomorrow others will have questions. To see ST:TNG in full Color DMD. As well to be able to fork out $400 USD in a DMD that can be interchangeable via the listed supported machines such as " STTNG, WW,AF,SS, MM and AFM.. via. Colordmd.???

Yep, a few months ago ColorDMD came out with their "Sigma" ROM based displays. Before that, you had to buy the display to match the game. After that, you can put the display in *any* BW title and run it as a single color display with options to smooth the graphics or upscale them.

Then you can easily download the color code for a color supported game, put it on a USB memory stick and upgrade the ColorDMD in-place (don't even have to take it out of the game).

Very slick upgrade and even the older ones can be upgraded to the Sigma ROM system. (contact ColorDMD to get the rom upgrade)

I love his products. We currently have one in STTNG, MM and AFM. They add a lot to the game for those watching and even distract the player tremendously as you keep wanting to watch the glorious color going on up there.

Price wise, just consider that when you install one, you're freeing up a $150 plasma DMD that you can either sell or use in another pin that needs a better display. I keep telling myself that to justify the cost of them.

#92 10 years ago

Pics of mine. She shows better in person.

EDIT - It always amazes me just how bad the photos look when uploaded here. These are crap. I must be doing something wrong.

20130720_083926.jpg20130720_083926.jpg 20130720_083930.jpg20130720_083930.jpg 20130720_084151.jpg20130720_084151.jpg

#93 10 years ago

One more.

20130720_083835.jpg20130720_083835.jpg

#94 10 years ago

I'm checking in with a STTNG and a Bally ST.

Here's a link to my blog where I show the shopping out of the STTNG and Bally.
The Bally St was a complete shop job, all the way to stencils and repainting. What a ton of work! But the result is sweet!

Bally ST http://www.duaneconnell.com/blog/?p=671

STTNG http://www.duaneconnell.com/blog/?p=184

I recently did the LED installs on the backbox from a great thread here on pinside. Here's a pic of the LEDs. Looks really cool!

Backbox_LED_layout.jpgBackbox_LED_layout.jpg

#95 10 years ago

Trifecta! IMG_0597.JPGIMG_0597.JPG

#96 10 years ago

Anybody heading to the Trek Con in Vegas next month? Wifey and I will be there celebrating our 25th anniversary.

Of course we'll be making a side trip to the PHOF while we're there.

#97 10 years ago

truly a collector who knows what he wants

#98 10 years ago

I will ask him next month about it, if anyone has any questions about TNG pinball let me know. Or Better yet, a question to ask William Shatner about the new Stern Pinball based on him?

Don't think the new stern will be based upon him. got the impression that it's based upon JJ Abrams butcher of our beloved universe.

Voyager does need a pinball after them. Ask Picardo if he'll do the voice acting work for a new pin if it becomes a project.

#99 10 years ago

Correct. Buy any color DMD they have in stock and just download the firmware for STTNG from their website.

You will be amazed at the difference. The best mod ever for any pin.

#100 10 years ago

is done.

Yes, I have a working Star Trek Voyager cockpit as well as a NIB Star Trek Voyager Kit I opened and made sure it worked before putting it back in the box.
Just call me Captain Sam

STVoyagerCP_(2).JPGSTVoyagerCP_(2).JPG StVoyageronG07.jpgStVoyageronG07.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Marshfield, MO
Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.95
$ 11.00
Playfield - Decals
RGP Models

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 217.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.