PXL_20240127_043801582.MP (resized).jpg
Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
There are 10,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 199 of 217.
#9901 2 years ago

STAR TREK STERN BLACKOUT MO PREM/LE

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-le-laser-blackout-mod

The mod is sold out

but i found some empty pcb and parts and i am able to complete 5 kits

if you want to order send me a PM

The Price is 69$ / 59,- euro + 35$ / 30,- euro shipping to US or 19,- euro shipping inside europe
you can order up to 3 kits for the same shipping costs

tom

#9902 2 years ago

PM sent. Long shot, but does anyone in SLC, Utah area want to order together and save a few bucks on shipping?

#9903 2 years ago
Quoted from Stags6969:

Thanks for the replies. I'll enjoy playing it for a while and then decide how brave I feel regarding removing it.
Does anyone know what rivets and tool I would need?

A center punch, drill bit, and awl (pin punch) will pop the rivets off no problem. Drill from the manufactured head side partway through, then stick the awl in and pop it free. The shop head will fall out easily.

You will need a rivet squeezer to put new rivets back in. Your best bet is to go to an aircraft maintenance shop and see if they'll rivet it for a few bucks. Or see if there are any aircraft homebuilders near by.

#9904 2 years ago

My Star Trek premium vault has a few g.i. bulbs out. I'm hoping to match the originals as best as possible. Any suggestions on what I should buy?

PXL_20211008_010428758 (resized).jpgPXL_20211008_010428758 (resized).jpgPXL_20211008_010604652 (resized).jpgPXL_20211008_010604652 (resized).jpg
#9905 2 years ago
Quoted from Stags6969:

Warp ramp flap is curling up. Can I do anything to fix this?

Easy 'fix' is to just put some mylar over it to hold it down. That's what I did. Proper fix would involve removing the ramp and trying to bend it or replace it.

Quoted from Stags6969:

And the lamp holder under the ship is in bits. What do I need to repair this?

The lamp just attaches to the bottom of the ship. I'm sure there's some info in the manual, but I can get a picture later.

#9906 2 years ago
Quoted from CryHavoc:

My Star Trek premium vault has a few g.i. bulbs out. I'm hoping to match the originals as best as possible. Any suggestions on what I should buy?
[quoted image][quoted image]

555 retro led from cointaker i think are a match. White.
https://cointaker.com/products/555-retro

#9907 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

555 retro led from cointaker i think are a match. White.
https://cointaker.com/products/555-retro

Awesome, thanks.

#9908 2 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Easy 'fix' is to just put some mylar over it to hold it down. That's what I did. Proper fix would involve removing the ramp and trying to bend it or replace it.

The lamp just attaches to the bottom of the ship. I'm sure there's some info in the manual, but I can get a picture later.

If you can please.
The bulb holder is destroyed and bits missing, so would like to know what it should look like.
Also the type of bulb in it

#9909 2 years ago

Pretty sure that bulb is a standard 2SMD cold white bulb from Comet Pinball.

#9910 2 years ago

Hi Guys, I am looking for color DMD files for my Star Trek PRO Pin2DMD i saw this amazing colorization :

Can anybody Help me out with .pal and .sfq files? (i think i need this, correct me when I'm wrong pls)

#9911 2 years ago
Quoted from Stags6969:

If you can please.
The bulb holder is destroyed and bits missing, so would like to know what it should look like.
Also the type of bulb in it

PXL_20211009_175416107 (resized).jpgPXL_20211009_175416107 (resized).jpgPXL_20211009_175454963 (resized).jpgPXL_20211009_175454963 (resized).jpg
#9912 2 years ago
Quoted from joostproost:

Hi Guys, I am looking for color DMD files for my Star Trek PRO Pin2DMD i saw this amazing colorization :

Can anybody Help me out with .pal and .sfq files? (i think i need this, correct me when I'm wrong pls)

That’s ColorDMD you have to use their hardware to get that colourization.

#9913 2 years ago

Hi all!
Just got a ST LE and my center shot under the Vengeance is not registering. The optos are working as the points count but when I make the shot in a mode it does not count it as a hit.
Any ideas on what would cause that?
Also will not register ball lock.

#9914 2 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

[quoted image][quoted image]

So it's a tower flasher, but can't see where the holder is attached to the ship at all.

#9915 2 years ago
Quoted from Stags6969:

So it's a tower flasher, but can't see where the holder is attached to the ship at all.

Which is why I said, check the manual.
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/Star-Trek-LE-Manual.pdf

vengence (resized).pngvengence (resized).png
#9916 2 years ago

Hi all just joined the club and am very excited. My first pin ever. Got a premium with a few mods.

My questions will be dumb and bad because I am so new. I added the movie score 1.62 code, and am trying to balance out the sound. All I see is music attenuation and voice attenuation. Are sound effects listed in one of these groups? Sound effects feel pretty loud compared to music and voice at the moment.

#9917 2 years ago
Quoted from LordHelmet:

Hi all!
Just got a ST LE and my center shot under the Vengeance is not registering. The optos are working as the points count but when I make the shot in a mode it does not count it as a hit.
Any ideas on what would cause that?
Also will not register ball lock.

Typically the drop target is always up except when the lock is lit and during Vengeance modes. You said the optos are good but it the drop target behaving?

#9919 2 years ago
Quoted from Stags6969:

Apologies.
Thank you

All good. Just generally the manual is a good place to start. We'll get you squared away though.

#9920 2 years ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

Typically the drop target is always up except when the lock is lit and during Vengeance modes. You said the optos are good but it the drop target behaving?

Drop target is always down. Based on what you’re saying that should not be the case. I’ll take a look at it today and report back.

Thanks!

#9921 2 years ago

Flyfalcons
That was it and all fixed now
THANK YOU

#9922 2 years ago
Quoted from wtfbliz:

Hi all just joined the club and am very excited. My first pin ever. Got a premium with a few mods.
My questions will be dumb and bad because I am so new. I added the movie score 1.62 code, and am trying to balance out the sound. All I see is music attenuation and voice attenuation. Are sound effects listed in one of these groups? Sound effects feel pretty loud compared to music and voice at the moment.

Adjust the Music Attenuation to -5 and play, then adjust to -10 if you still want the music higher in the mix. You’ll need to turn your overall/main volume down a couple notches on the coin door from what you’ve had it on but you’ll be able to find a balance that works for you. …Yes -5 not +5, I know it sounds strange but that’s how it works(;

#9923 2 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Adjust the Music Attenuation to -5 and play, then adjust to -10 if you still want the music higher in the mix. You’ll need to turn your overall/main volume down a couple notches on the coin door from what you’ve had it on but you’ll be able to find a balance that works for you. …Yes -5 not +5, I know it sounds strange but that’s how it works(;

Thanks, I completely spaced out the giant VOLUME labels on the red buttons and was searching for a master volume in the actual setup menus.

I turned down main volume, put voices at -8 and music at -12 and I feel like that sounds about right for me.

Having fun other than the right outlane seems brutally wide open and i lose 90% of my balls there. When the slings get going very often itll throw it straight in there.

Only three things ive noticed so far that may not be normal:

Vengeance magnet is a little convex and sticks out of the playfield a touch so sometimes when it releases a ball the magnet deflects it around and it comes down too slowly and the knockdown pops back up before its clear.

Kickback in the left outlane sometimes kicks it up around the warp flipper, but sometimes kicks it straight into the right outlane. Hoping cleaning and potentially realigning it a touch helps

Getting a decent amount of airballs (especially when trying to launch into the warp ramp area and miss the shot. Am hoping this is just dirty field and balls giving the pinballs too much grip and rotation. Going to swap the balls, clean it with novus 2 and put down a layer of carnauba and see how differently it plays.

So much good info here!

Added over 3 years ago:

Also, there is a LOT of clear plastic pieces along the top of the ramps and a couple other places that dont seem to serve any purpose whatsoever, and theres a number of screws that go nowhere and connect nothing. Not sure if theyre aftermarket or just different things that LE/pro/premium have or dont have... shed any light?

#9924 2 years ago
Quoted from wtfbliz:

Vengeance magnet is a little convex

ST uses the old style magnet which tend to mushroom over time. It's not very difficult to adjust or replace though. You can try lowering or rotating it before replacing.

#9925 2 years ago

Dont mean to junk up this thread but no one else is posting so update time!...

I opened up the game, tightened a few screws I could find, novus 2 + waxed the playfield, swapped the balls... aaaaand now it is UNPLAYABLY fast even at only 6.5 degrees. It fixed all my ball behavior problems and added the problem of unstable warp ramp feed.

I added velcro to the back of the warp ramp like I saw suggested here and it really seems to help. Only other surgery I've had to do is adjust a few of the red matter post target leaf switches from being stuck open or stuck closed.

#9926 2 years ago
Quoted from wtfbliz:

Dont mean to junk up this thread but no one else is posting so update time!...
I opened up the game, tightened a few screws I could find, novus 2 + waxed the playfield, swapped the balls... aaaaand now it is UNPLAYABLY fast even at only 6.5 degrees. It fixed all my ball behavior problems and added the problem of unstable warp ramp feed.
I added velcro to the back of the warp ramp like I saw suggested here and it really seems to help. Only other surgery I've had to do is adjust a few of the red matter post target leaf switches from being stuck open or stuck closed.

I would like to know more about the velcro placement on the warp ramp. what post # was it?

#9927 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

I would like to know more about the velcro placement on the warp ramp. what post # was it?

Check this thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-pro-warp-ramp-adjusting-fail#post-3542605

Theres a few people who have said they did it with nice results. I basically did the same setup as in the pictures, one strip on the bottom and one on the outside of the turn. So far it slows down the feed so that its not bouncing around or coming out crooked and you can actually chain the warp ramp a bit.

#9928 2 years ago

Do any of you guys know the powdercoat color for STLE? I’m trying to match custom hinges and am attempting to get close with Prismatic brand.

#9929 2 years ago

I have a couple of badly cracked ramps.
Are the ramps and decals available from anywhere?

#9930 2 years ago
Quoted from Stags6969:

I have a couple of badly cracked ramps.
Are the ramps and decals available from anywhere?

There are 6 different machines from different manufacturers covered by this thread. You certainly have to be a bit more specific.

#9931 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

There are 6 different machines from different manufacturers covered by this thread. You certainly have to be a bit more specific.

Oh yes, sorry
Stern ST Pro

#9932 2 years ago
Quoted from Stags6969:

Oh yes, sorry
Stern ST Pro

Marco has 2/3 in stock.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/GX3024?S_CAT1=PFLD&VIEW_SIZE=60&view=card&sortOrder=SortProductField:totalTimesViewed

Edit: Those appear to be partial ramps for the premium/Le even though they're listed under parts for the Pro.

#9933 2 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Do any of you guys know the powdercoat color for STLE? I’m trying to match custom hinges and am attempting to get close with Prismatic brand.

I color matched based on powder by the pound a while back... but I don't know if I documented the color.
Correct; I did not document the color:
https://pinball-mods.com/blogs/?p=689

If no one else steps up; send me a pm asking me and I'll see if I can find the "correct" bottle in the garage stash.
I can't guarantee it's an Exact match - but it's very close.

---
Thinking about retiring the STNG wingLEDs due to part shortage issues:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stng-wingled-kit/page/2#post-6563145
Please go to that thread and comment if you think you might be interested in a future build.

1 week later
#9934 2 years ago

Just joined the club with a ST PRO. Great condition from a fantastic seller!

Question...

Is it possible to add the USS Enterprise from Marco onto a Pro?
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/500-9830-00

Thanks! Looking forward to contributing here!

#9935 2 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Question...

Just grab a Hallmark ornament, easy to wire up and mount and higher quality than the Stern version (also a lot cheaper, I believe I paid $7 on ebay)

20211031_103735.jpg20211031_103735.jpg
#9936 2 years ago

Do any of you guys know where I can track down a decal that was scraped on my STLE? Backbox left side, not a big deal but I'd like to get it fixed.

#9937 2 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Do any of you guys know where I can track down a decal that was scraped on my STLE? Backbox left side, not a big deal but I'd like to get it fixed.

Contact your local distributor, they can order one for you. Stern won't deal directly with us peasants. (I received mine that way after getting no where with Stern)

#9938 2 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Question...

I also used the Hallmark ornament, it's the perfect size and it's more detailed than the Stern LE ship.
Here are two very good threads about it here on pinside...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-pro-mod-anyone-doing-an-enterprise-model

and

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-uss-kelvin-diy-mod

Using the info above I did this mod myself, here is mine, I painted the post "hammer-black". In these pics it makes it look like the post is chipped but it's not, in real life it glitters and sparkles like stars as the light hits it.

One correction to my friend above.... I could not personally find this ship for less than $25 on eBay. Maybe he found one for $7 but I don't think that's a typical price.

IMG_0305 (resized).JPGIMG_0305 (resized).JPG
#9939 2 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

Just grab a Hallmark ornament, easy to wire up and mount and higher quality than the Stern version (also a lot cheaper, I believe I paid $7 on ebay)[quoted image]

Is this the one? Seems right. 2009 version. I've been hard pressed to find one under $50!
ebay.com link: itm

#9940 2 years ago

Im in the process of adding the hotwheels klingon ship as well as the hallmark kelvin to the playfield... Ive never done any of this, zitt is sending them to me mostly plug and play with the circuit boards already installed, but I know nothing about how to wire them... any idiotproof guides? I can solder and understand circuits but I havent messed with pinballs ever.

#9941 2 years ago

You won't need to. Both will come with "bulbs" to plug directly into into an existing bulb socket

#9942 2 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Is this the one? Seems right. 2009 version. I've been hard pressed to find one under $50!

That's the one and make sure you review those links and understand you will have to work with some small wires and solder. 99% of the risk is on the ornament though. I actually melted the saucer section on my 1st attempt. I use a butane soldering iron and I failed to account for the heat coming out of the side....the little flames should have been my first clue but I digress! I did it correctly on my second attempt. Even at $41 bux a piece it's STILL less than 1/2 price of the one you can get at Marco. There is some good info on the mod here in this thread also someplace back about a zillion pages...search for that..hallmark is a good keyword to search for I think. The other small challenge in this is that you have to run power supply wires up to the bottom side of your playfield. You have a free 5v plug sitting there right now coming out of your power supply on the bottom of your cabinet. I bought a splitter with 2 plugs so I would still have another a 5v plug down there if needed and I used the 2nd plug to run a wire to the back of the machine and then from the back of the playfield, with enough slack to open and close the playfield and carefully following other wires and securing with zip ties until I had the extension plug right under the area I needed it to be. It's not real hard but it's not child's play. On a difficulty scale of 1 to 10 for pinball mods I would put it at a 3 or a 5 if you've never soldered before in your life.

#9943 2 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:Is this the one? Seems right. 2009 version. I've been hard pressed to find one under $50!

Yup, I bought mine years ago but you will be able to find it cheaper if you hold out and keep searching. It's a bad time of year to buy holiday ornaments right now, aa prices will be higher. Also, don't only search by year, some sellers won't have the year in the listing. I think the one I got was only listed as "Star Trek Christmas Ornament". I got the Kelvin for around the same price, and paid $15 for the Klingon Bird of Prey (which I screwed up trying to install LEDs, I think I tossed it).

#9944 2 years ago

After about two months, finally finished Zdoor 's laser-cut lighted side armor mod. Pictures don't do it justice. Thanks, zdoor!

20211102_123523 (resized).jpg20211102_123523 (resized).jpg
20211102_130056 (resized).jpg20211102_130056 (resized).jpg

#9945 2 years ago

Good morning/afternoon

All of sudden my Star Trek Premium decided that coils were not useful after all for playing pinball. Needless to say, I kind of disagree

Anyway, checked the fuse : all are correct

F5 especially is good, but the status led just above does not turn on (L17)
Measuring 50V, I get a 21V, which kind of explains why the coils don't work, but don't explain why it's at this level

Manual I have is useless, as it does not include the power board schematics, so can't figure out where to probe.

I'm assuming 50V DC is generated through a rectifier from the 48V AC input, but which is the correct rectifier ?

21V DC seems like half of the rectifier is dead, resulting into an average DC current of 21V (since it's missing half the phase)

Thoughts ?

Regards

(edit) I found a power board schematics on Shrek manual. Based on this, this should be BR1

Oddly enough L17 is an indicator of 48v AC, through two diodes. Only way it can be off if 48VAC is present is iff the two diodes are dead... Which would seem rather odd (two diodes, AND BR01 seems like a stretch to me, but after all maybe there's been a power surge)

#9946 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Anyway, checked the fuse : all are correct

Do you mean that you pulled the fuses out and checked them for continuity with a meter?
Fuses can appear fine and be blown.

#9947 2 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Do you mean that you pulled the fuses out and checked them for continuity with a meter?
Fuses can appear fine and be blown.

Yes, tested in continuity mode

Found the culprit : the plug on the safety switch next to the coin door was actually unplugged

This resulted into only one phase at the input if the rectifier, thus 13V AC RMS, resulting into 21V DC

Interestingly, L17 was not lit (indicating a problem on ac voltage), but the 50V rails led indicator were lit, as they turn on below 21V

1 week later
#9949 2 years ago

Does anyone know the blue color stern used on the LE powder coat? I have some laser cut hinges I want to get powdered to match.

#9950 2 years ago

Grabbed some mods from Zitt at pinball-mods and got them into my ST Premium over the weekend. The Bird of Prey, the Kelvin, and the insignia pop caps

Quick vid of what they look like. Thanks to him on answering a lot of my questions.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
There are 10,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 199 of 217.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/199 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.