Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
DSCN3234 (resized).JPG
There are 10,797 posts in this topic. You are on page 195 of 216.
#9701 2 years ago
Quoted from curban:

Anyone have an extra right side head decal for a stern Star Trek pro that you’re willing to part with?

Hit up a distributor. They might still be able to get from Stern. I bought one a while back. Cost was like $30.

#9702 2 years ago
Quoted from bajm:

Hit up a distributor. They might still be able to get from Stern. I bought one a while back. Cost was like $30.

Thanks.

#9703 2 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

i have 2 in stock at the moment
tom

Is this one of your black out mods? Found it in my parts box labelled ST.

15B841CB-247E-4D78-A98B-2589C71D2B0C (resized).jpeg15B841CB-247E-4D78-A98B-2589C71D2B0C (resized).jpeg
#9704 2 years ago

Random Q - for the premium / LE is it always supposed to go to the wire form or sometimes kickback? Mine always goes up. Curious if the deflector is adjusted right.

Flyer says should do both.

#9705 2 years ago

They defeatured that functionality as it wasn't working right. Not sure why they didn't update the flyer

#9706 2 years ago

No lose there, I hate the way it kicks back on the pro and was one of the reasons I wanted the LE.

Do later run premiums have the non adjusting VUK then?

#9707 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

No lose there, I hate the way it kicks back on the pro and was one of the reasons I wanted the LE.
Do later run premiums have the non adjusting VUK then?

No - same device as earlier. My 2019 build vault had it. From the factory the diverter was off centered/ mostly off at rest. I thought it was a mistake and re-centered it over the VUK but I guess it was intentional.

#9708 2 years ago

Question for anyone who has ghosting inserts. How long have you had the machine, and have they gotten worse overtime? I have a few on my original run Pro, and would like to know if overtime I need to worry about them getting worse.

#9709 2 years ago

Anyone familiar with the Bally Star Trek and able to help me troubleshoot a resetting issue?

Turn the game on the the number display next to credits *(current ball, or used in settings) begins counting up to 11 and then the game resets. It stays powered on, but the score display go out for the most part and then return to counting up to 11 and the whole process starts again. The game was a flipping project prior to this occurring.

#9710 2 years ago

<blockquote cite="#6229003"

Quoted from J85M:

[quoted image]

Looks like it.

#9711 2 years ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

Question for anyone who has ghosting inserts. How long have you had the machine, and have they gotten worse overtime? I have a few on my original run Pro, and would like to know if overtime I need to worry about them getting worse.

Stern star trek original runs didn't have ghosted insert's IIRC. It wasn't until later Spike models (or maybe Vault run) that the clear *may have* became a problem. Ofcourse; there may have been a handful of people with issue ... but Stern probably took care of them directly.

I didn't see any problems on my LE. I haven't looked at my game for issues in years.

Quoted from Habermania:

Turn the game on the the number display next to credits *(current ball, or used in settings) begins counting up to 11 and then the game resets. It stays powered on, but the score display go out for the most part and then return to counting up to 11 and the whole process starts again.

That doesn't sound correct for a game not in test mode.
Both my STMU and Bally games boot straight into attract mode without any "count".
I think some of the displays print the gamecode version prior to high scores. Don't recall which displays print what.
It "sounds" like your game is going straight into test mode for some reason.

#9712 2 years ago

Mine is a Sep 2015 build. I'm not sure if that would be considered an original run, or Vault

#9713 2 years ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

Mine is a Sep 2015 build. I'm not sure if that would be considered an original run, or Vault

Vaults have a "final voyage" badge.

#9714 2 years ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

Vaults have a "final voyage" badge.

Not all of them, apparently. My Vault Pro didn't come with the badge, but it has a "V" on the serial number label. I got mine when the Vaults just starting shipping....maybe the Final Voyage badge was for the last batch when the Vault run was ending?

IMG_5540a (resized).jpgIMG_5540a (resized).jpg
#9715 2 years ago

I always thought the Final Voyage name was given to the final run of Star Treks.

#9716 2 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

Not all of them, apparently. My Vault Pro didn't come with the badge, but it has a "V" on the serial number label. I got mine when the Vaults just starting shipping....maybe the Final Voyage badge was for the last batch when the Vault run was ending?[quoted image]

Ah no kidding, I thought they all had it. Now off to sell my super rare collectible badge for $15,000.....

#9717 2 years ago

Double post

#9718 2 years ago

Good morning Pin Treker's- I have a Preimum LE and the game is sending balls for no reason on it's own and on a drain the game will reset to the next ball while the other on the field is in a dead game mode.

Anyone have these issues with the game, thoughts of resetting software?

#9719 2 years ago
Quoted from Flystoyer:

Good morning Pin Treker's- I have a Preimum LE and the game is sending balls for no reason on it's own and on a drain the game will reset to the next ball while the other on the field is in a dead game mode.

Opto or switch problem in the trough.

#9720 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

[quoted image]

YES

#9721 2 years ago

i have 2 ST stainless steel panels in stock, again

send me a pm

they are ready to ship

tom

IMG_4571 (resized).jpgIMG_4571 (resized).jpgIMG_4572 (resized).jpgIMG_4572 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#9722 2 years ago

I moved and lost track of the two bolts that holds the head in place. Does anyone know offhand what size they are?

#9723 2 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

I moved and lost track of the two bolts that holds the head in place. Does anyone know offhand what size they are?

https://www.amazon.com/Stern-Pinball-Spike-System-Backbox/dp/B07Z8HHG3W

Dimensions: 3/8-16 x 2-1/4 Inch - 5/8 Inch Acorn Head

#9724 2 years ago

And by the way, did you ever finish the last first level mode at the left saucer (Pro), and as it released, just slap it into Kobayashi Maru at the Vengeance? It was an instant reaction before I had time to even get nervous it was lit. For about 3 seconds I posed with my arms up as my medals counted.

In other words, I still love this damn game.

#9725 2 years ago
Quoted from Flystoyer:

check your switch inside coin door, bend out metal bracket so door keeps it closed better.

#9726 2 years ago

ebay.com link: itm

#9727 2 years ago

Sorry, should have specified for a 2014 Stern

#9728 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

And by the way, did you ever finish the last first level mode at the left saucer (Pro), and as it released, just slap it into Kobayashi Maru at the Vengeance? It was an instant reaction before I had time to even get nervous it was lit. For about 3 seconds I posed with my arms up as my medals counted.
In other words, I still love this damn game.

Just wait until you hit Warp 9.1 before the medal count and finding out double scoring applies to them, too. Big money!

#9729 2 years ago

Sorry, should have specified for a 2014 Stern

Went to the hardware store, took a guess and nailed it. Found them in the furniture fastener drawer. Wide head hex drive 1/4 x 20 x 1.5”

#9730 2 years ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

Just wait until you hit Warp 9.1 before the medal count and finding out double scoring applies to them, too. Big money!

I screw that up on AC/DC and Metallica all the time. On Star Trek, I've never been any good at hitting the warp ramp. If I was right at Warp 9 I might try, but other than that, I just go into Kobayashi. Which makes it sound like I do it all the time, but we all know I don't

#9731 2 years ago

Here comes the rush of Star Trek LEs for 9k. Let’s see if one sells. It’s a great pin and I have one but I’m not selling!

#9732 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Here comes the rush of Star Trek LEs for 9k. Let’s see if one sells. It’s a great pin and I have one but I’m not selling!

I wouldn't sell mine for 9k. Just sayin.

#9733 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I wouldn't sell mine for 9k. Just sayin.

Yeah, probably to pry it out of my hands I’d do 10k plus because I don’t want to sell. If I was selling, I’d be happy in the 9k range though.

#9734 2 years ago

I would sell my modded up one for $9.3k.

#9735 2 years ago

I would sell my Premium for 19999.99

#9736 2 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I would sell my Premium for 19999.99

List it and see what happens

#9737 2 years ago

Well clearly my Stern Star Trek premium did not enjoy being moved. I have a physical knocker installed. It has decided to lock on. I don’t see anything obvious that’s causing it. Anybody have thoughts or suggestions?

#9738 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

[quoted image]

You're in luck, you have a decent wire harness. Mine came with just crimping connectors, which could not crimp because there were not appropriate for the laser cables so I'll have to rebuild the wire harness myself to make it work

#9739 2 years ago

Hi, all! Question on the Stern Star Trek (Pro). So, when I got my pin, the left orbit gate was dead... I replaced the whole assembly (gate + coil) last September, and it worked fine for me until now, so I'm guessing it's the coil on the assembly.

1) Are you folks finding that this gate coil dies this often, or is this unusual?

I'd like to replace the coil, and Marco has it at $30/pop with the connector (lower half of screenshot), but they also have the coil itself without a diode (upper half of screenshot) for $10 less...

coil (resized).pngcoil (resized).png

2) Is the difference as simple as an 1N4004 diode to be placed inline somewhere? I don't suppose it as simple as transferring the connector leads to this coil?

3) Or would you recommend biting the bullet and grabbing the coil w/ connector and saving on a headache?

#9740 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Hi, all! Question on the Stern Star Trek (Pro). So, when I got my pin, the left orbit gate was dead... I replaced the whole assembly (gate + coil) last September, and it worked fine for me until now, so I'm guessing it's the coil on the assembly.
1) Are you folks finding that this gate coil dies this often, or is this unusual?
I'd like to replace the coil, and Marco has it at $30/pop with the connector (lower half of screenshot), but they also have the coil itself without a diode (upper half of screenshot) for $10 less...
[quoted image]
2) Is the difference as simple as an 1N4004 diode to be placed inline somewhere? I don't suppose it as simple as transferring the connector leads to this coil?
3) Or would you recommend biting the bullet and grabbing the coil w/ connector and saving on a headache?

Coils really don't just go bad. You should figure out what is causing the problem.

#9741 2 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Coils really don't just go bad. You should figure out what is causing the problem.

Hmm... I hate to ask, but any ideas what could cause something like this?

#9742 2 years ago

Is your game running "hot"?
Is the jumper correct for your house voltage?
Seems like either the coils is sticking on... or the "high" voltage rails for the coils is way outside of normal.

#9743 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Hmm... I hate to ask, but any ideas what could cause something like this?

Yeah sorry, that was kinda vague.
Did you test the coil you previously removed to see if it was actually damaged?
Does it look burnt or crispy?
What does it read for resistance?

#9744 2 years ago

Stainless speaker panel received in perfect condition and installed today. Thank you kapsreiter!

Star Trek (resized).jpegStar Trek (resized).jpeg
#9745 2 years ago

Thx for the advice, RCA1 and Zitt ! I'm going to take a look at all of those options in the next few days... I actually still have the dead gate assembly that it initially came with, so I can use that for a datapoint along with the new dead one... Will update as I can, thanks!

(I don't think the coil was stuck on except during Vengeance multiball... When I'd launch the ball without holding the left flipper, the gate would stay closed and bring the ball to the pops, and would open on launch if I did hold the left flipper (which I do pretty infrequently)... But will definitely pay closer attention when I install the replacement, cheers and thanks!)

#9746 2 years ago

I stand very much corrected. Oh yeah. That's definitely melted.

20210618_191731 (resized).jpg20210618_191731 (resized).jpg

The thing I changed before this happened was swapping out the IDC connector to the drop target, which had stopped functioning correctly...

20210608_172000 (resized).jpg20210608_172000 (resized).jpg

After reseating the wires to a fresh connector, the drop target is back to working properly, but the melted left orbit gate coil may be an unintended effect?

Are the two systems directly related? Not sure if the two events are connected... though the timing is suspect.

Also worth noting that I cycled through all of the coils/flashers in the coil menu, that's the only one that seemed to be stuck "on." The others all responded normally...

#9747 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

I stand very much corrected. Oh yeah. That's definitely melted.
[quoted image]
The thing I changed before this happened was swapping out the IDC connector to the drop target, which had stopped functioning correctly...
[quoted image]
After reseating the wires to a fresh connector, the drop target is back to working properly, but the melted left orbit gate coil may be an unintended effect?
Are the two systems directly related? Not sure if the two events are connected... though the timing is suspect.
Also worth noting that I cycled through all of the coils/flashers in the coil menu, that's the only one that seemed to be stuck "on." The others all responded normally...

Looks like there’s some potential for shorting with those bare wire ends in your photo….

#9748 2 years ago

Looks like there’s some potential for shorting with those bare wire ends in your photo….

Word. Tidying those up is highly recommended!

#9749 2 years ago

Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Word. Tidying those up is highly recommended!

Thanks kindly, good advice... yep, that was the before picture, cheers... Here's what I did afterwards (sorry, not the greatest shot of the actual IDC connector.)
20210613_213851 (resized).jpg20210613_213851 (resized).jpg

So, I measured the left orbit gate. It's at a constant ~73V upon powering up, and stays there. The (functioning) right orbit gate is at ~0, and does a short burst to ~70V on coil test. Appears to be stuck on, not sure what's causing it... Current idea is dead transistor, but open to other ideas?

#9750 2 years ago

Can't tell from your description.
The ground side of the coil is pulsed to ground when the coil is told to energize. +70 should always be there.
If the defective coil reads 70V across it all the time; and the ground lug is effectively always at 0 volts; then yeah … you have a wiring fault or a shorted transistor.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 11.00
Playfield - Decals
RGP Models

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 15.00
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
New Brighton, PA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 85.00
13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 64.99
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 63.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,797 posts in this topic. You are on page 195 of 216.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/195?hl=flyfalcons and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.